PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question for Mavs fans

DesignatedT
04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
First of all want to congratulate you guys for the split down here and it sure looks like its going 6 or 7 IMO and hope that if any of yall made the trip down to watch enjoyed yourselves.

Second, me and a few of my buddies just got tickets to the game on saturday but we are not so sure where to stay downtown. we want to enjoy some nightlife after the game and stay in the tourist spots and not have to take cabs everywhere but walk out the door and already be in the heart of downtown. any recommendations on what hotels or area to stay in would really help us out. thanks a lot.

Shank
04-21-2009, 08:09 PM
If moneys not an option, then the W Hotel is perfect.

ElNono
04-21-2009, 08:10 PM
And please, no Pleasant Grove or Oak Hills recommendations. :lol

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Ghost bar

DesignatedT
04-21-2009, 08:19 PM

i saw that was really close to the arena. is it walking distance... is there any bars/restaurants within walking distance of it also?

DPG21920
04-21-2009, 08:20 PM
i saw that was really close to the arena. is it walking distance... is there any bars/restaurants within walking distance of it also?

Ghost bar is in the hotel on the top floor overlooking the city. It is pricey though. You usually find the Mavs dancers there though.

DesignatedT
04-21-2009, 08:21 PM
any others? more downtownish

SouthTexasRancher
04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
First of all want to congratulate you guys for the split down here and it sure looks like its going 6 or 7 IMO and hope that if any of yall made the trip down to watch enjoyed yourselves.

Second, me and a few of my buddies just got tickets to the game on saturday but we are not so sure where to stay downtown. we want to enjoy some nightlife after the game and stay in the tourist spots and not have to take cabs everywhere but walk out the door and already be in the heart of downtown. any recommendations on what hotels or area to stay in would really help us out. thanks a lot.

I hear Markie Cuban's house is always open to guests. Maybe take some spray paint and paint Spurs stuff on all the walls. I'll donate a steer that you can bar-b-q in his living room. I can shoot you a feral hog so you could have a pig roast in the master bedroom. I can give you a truck load of cow patties you could use as frisbee's in the hallways. I could catch a big ol' rattlesnake you could leave under his bed. That way he would be honest with his boyfriend's when he tells them his snake is really, really big!

The only thing I ask in return is for you to post lots of photos of the activities after the game.

dallaskd
04-21-2009, 09:15 PM

Hell yeah. The W is fucking awesome and right outside the AAC too.

dallaskd
04-21-2009, 09:19 PM

Reunion Tower? There's quite a few restaruants up-town around the arts district.

urunobili
04-22-2009, 12:07 AM
I'd get a hotel room in grapevine and rent a car...

41times
04-22-2009, 08:37 AM

Well the W is the closest hotel to the arena. it is Literally accross the street.
On Sat night there are rooms for $250 which includes 2 cocktails. And if you are staying at the W it gets you access to the Ghost Bar. Cool but expensive.
If you stay at the W there are proably 15 restaurants within walking distance including: Hooters, House of Blues, Luna deNoche,Victory Tavern, The Boardroom, Craft etc. Google "Victory Park" and you can see all these.

If you want Dowtown the Joule is the new hip place downtown and Charlie Palmers Steakhous and bar is inside. And there are several new clubs nearby.

If you want Hyatt the Renunion Tower hotel is about 1 mile away and Wolfgang Puck has the new restaruant atop the tower.

Hope that helps.

SoapScumKills
04-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Well the W is the closest hotel to the arena. it is Literally accross the street...

If you stay at the W there are proably 15 restaurants within walking distance including: Hooters, House of Blues, Luna deNoche,Victory Tavern, The Boardroom, Craft etc. Google "Victory Park" and you can see all these.

It's a very good thing that the county and city leaders put the AT&T Center on the east side. When are the hotels, restaurants, and bars scheduled to be built in the area??? I can't wait!!! Downtown would have totally sucked ass. :toast