PDA

View Full Version : Joey Crawford

Indazone
04-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Joey Crawford should be banned from ever officiating another NBA game. Freaking idiot couldn't call something right if it was 5 inches from his eyes. Now I know how the Spursfans felt last year when Crawford took it to the Spurs.

sook
04-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Yea it was pretty bad that charge he called and the noob young reff had to correct him.

Indazone
04-21-2009, 11:59 PM
OMG I cannot believe Rockets announcers just gave props to Joey Crawford! AGHHHHH You friggin idiots.

To Matt Bullard:

Joey Crawford did not have an off game officiating, he called it like his usual douchebag self and he is NOT a pretty good official you tool.

BUMP
04-22-2009, 12:02 AM
There are a few things that never change in this world

Joey Crawford being a sucker to the home team

and Indazone hanging on SpurFan's nuts

exstatic
04-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Joey Crawford is an abomination. He should have been fired after that incident in Dallas. Shit, Stern fired Jake O'Donnell for just hating Drexler back in the 90s.

Strike
04-22-2009, 12:03 AM
:violin

Houston has home court advantage in an arena where road teams have a hard time. They beat Portland at the Garden, another tough place for road teams. The rockets are going home with the advantage. It's their series to lose now.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 12:04 AM

lmao

Indazone
04-22-2009, 12:10 AM
At least we do not have rest of the State of TX against us. Kudos to you Mavericks fans for your fine achievement.

td4mvp21
04-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Yeah, fuck Joey Crawford.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 12:16 AM
At least we do not have rest of the State of TX against us. Kudos to you Mavericks fans for your fine achievement.

Even spurfans hate rocketfan. You fags are dumbshits.

BUMP
04-22-2009, 12:16 AM
its so funny to watch SpurFan own MavFan

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Giving props to the spurs and their fans makes me wet.

Many PackYao
04-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Even spurfans hate rocketfan. You fags are dumbshits.

Originally Posted by Dick4mp3 http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3318672#post3318672):hitit::drool ::cheer:jack

http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bradpitt.jpg

Strike
04-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Dick4mp3 http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3318672#post3318672):hitit::drool ::cheer:jack

http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bradpitt.jpg

hey dirk4mvp, I think he called you ghey.

Mugen
04-22-2009, 12:26 AM
lol joey crawford.

Mugen

yeah he hooked it up in game 4 last year

dirk4mvp
dick4mp3 is the funniest smack of all time.

What's also funny is a chode who listens to slayer.

What's even funnier is someone calling someone else gay coming to another guy's defense.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 12:27 AM
https://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images/blog/061019_slayer_large.jpg

how cool are slayer fans?

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 12:29 AM
I think he's still waiting for someone to lol, rofl, lmao etc. at dick4mp3. So far unsuccessful.

BUMP
04-22-2009, 12:29 AM
yeah he hooked it up in game 4 last year

BOOM! TECH....Are you laughing? BOOM! TECH!

i would make a Crawford troll but im pretty sure one already exists

Many PackYao
04-22-2009, 12:30 AM
dick4mp3 is the funniest smack of all time.

What's also funny is a chode who listens to slayer.

What's even funnier is someone calling someone else gay coming to another guy's defense.
You mean the same way you always come to Thunder Dan's defense everytime and toss his salad?:lol

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 12:31 AM
You mean the same way you always come to Thunder Dan's defense everytime and toss his salad?:lol

No ThunderDan does a separate but equal owning of rocketfan. Blake also does, but in a smaller sense. Everyone owns rocketfan really.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 12:32 AM
but you can always count on indazone and his gay "I'm rooting for the spurs, the mavs are big meanies" posts.

BlackSwordsMan
04-22-2009, 12:32 AM
So anyways back on topic. Yes, fuck Joey Crawford.

BUMP
04-22-2009, 12:33 AM

Wait, are you laughing?

BOOM! TECH!

Many PackYao
04-22-2009, 12:33 AM
No ThunderDan does a separate but equal owning of rocketfan.
Yeah, it happens just because you say so.:lolYou got your head so far up his ass. He makes you giggle like a little schoolgirl and you know it.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah, it happens just because you say so.

Most people have seen and acknowledged it.

JoeyCrawford
04-22-2009, 12:36 AM
So anyways back on topic. Yes, fuck Joey Crawford.

Hey, you wanna fight?

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 12:36 AM
now i'm done. rack me.

Xylus
04-22-2009, 12:37 AM
:cry

Refs

Joey Crawford

Brandon Roy

BlackSwordsMan
04-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Hey, you wanna fight?

:toast

ElNono
04-22-2009, 12:38 AM
D-Wade

Xylus
04-22-2009, 12:39 AM
lol, huh?

I love D-Wade.

Mugen
04-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Wait, are you laughing?

BOOM! TECH!

lol

Strike
04-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Wait, are you laughing?

BOOM! TECH!

Ah...err...I mean....DAMMIT!

ElNono
04-22-2009, 12:59 AM
lol, huh?

I love D-Wade.

Well, I'm sorry. I took you for a Mav fan.

Let's do this one instead:

Robert Horry

There you go!

Xylus
04-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Well, I'm sorry. I took you for a Mav fan.

Let's do this one instead:

Robert Horry

There you go!

Letter of the law

Microfracture

Joe Johnson

Atlanta pick

Terry Porter, Steve Kerr, Robert Sarver

:cry :cry :cry

Xylus
04-22-2009, 01:06 AM
How the fuck did you take me for a Mavs fan? :lol

ElNono
04-22-2009, 01:09 AM
How the fuck did you take me for a Mavs fan? :lol

Because I thought you wrote 'Brandon Bass' instead of 'Brandon Roy', and well, Joey Crawford...

Xylus
04-22-2009, 01:10 AM
Because I thought you wrote 'Brandon Bass' instead of 'Brandon Roy', and well, Joey Crawford...

I was just making fun of Indazone's sore losership. Shouldn't blame the refs for a loss.

Spursfan092120
04-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Wait, are you laughing?

BOOM! TECH!
I think I know who the Joey Crawford troll is...lol...

spursfan1000
04-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Joey Crawford needs to take his ass to the WNBA.

Indazone
05-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Here we go, look for Yao to foul out of this game on all the stupid one sided ticky tack fouls Crawford is gonna call on him. Crawford is going to blow his whistle loud and often. He's going to make it so the Rockets can't pack the lane and give Kobe a free path to the hole.

Arghh..just having this guy reffing this game pisses me off beyond words.:bang

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-06-2009, 11:48 AM

first round exit

remind Suns fans of stuff they already remember to make myself feel better

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Here we go, look for Yao to foul out of this game on all the stupid one sided ticky tack fouls Crawford is gonna call on him. Crawford is going to blow his whistle loud and often. He's going to make it so the Rockets can't pack the lane and give Kobe a free path to the hole.

Don't act like such a victim.....whenever the home team loses game 1 the NBA always has refs that get worked by the home crowd reffing game 2 in order to even up the series. That's how it is and that's how it's always been for all teams.

Indazone
05-06-2009, 11:54 AM
sigh, I know. WWE here we go.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-06-2009, 11:57 AM
sigh, I know. WWE here we go.

It's something that really pisses me off. The most horribly officiated games are always this type of situation.

FromWayDowntown
05-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Don't act like such a victim.....whenever the home team loses game 1 the NBA always has refs that get worked by the home crowd reffing game 2 in order to even up the series. That's how it is and that's how it's always been for all teams.

Or maybe, the home team -- which always has an equal or better record than the team that won Game 1 -- just plays better in most of those circumstances while the road team frequently falls prey to the temptation to relax after getting Game 1.

Nah -- you're right, it probably has NOTHING to do with the quality of the teams and is pretty much only a matter of home cooking by officials.

Mel_13
05-06-2009, 12:26 PM
whenever the home team loses game 1 the NBA always has refs that get worked by the home crowd reffing game 2 in order to even up the series. That's how it is and that's how it's always been for all teams.

And thus we see Bennett Salvatore and Eddie Rush in Boston tonight. There should be an over/under on the number of delays for referee conferences in that game.

BlackSwordsMan
05-06-2009, 12:29 PM
only spur fans complain about refs faggots

Mel_13
05-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Or maybe, the home team -- which always has an equal or better record than the team that won Game 1 -- just plays better in most of those circumstances while the road team frequently falls prey to the temptation to relax after getting Game 1.

Nah -- you're right, it probably has NOTHING to do with the quality of the teams and is pretty much only a matter of home cooking by officials.

Undoubtedly true, but some of the assignments seem to be the result of something other than a normal, automated, unbiased rotation.

romsho
05-06-2009, 12:43 PM

Joey Crawford was the 2nd choice. The Celtics are down 0-1 at home tonight, so Bennett Salvatore was busy.

IronMexican
05-06-2009, 12:46 PM

:tu

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-06-2009, 01:16 PM

of course it has something to do with that, but IMO there are some circumstances where the lower seed wins in 5 or 6 games and looks like the better team the entire series except for that one fluke game.

The 2007 Suns Spurs series is a perfect example of this, or the 2007 Mavs Warriors series where S-Jax got ejected in game 2.

FromWayDowntown
05-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Undoubtedly true, but some of the assignments seem to be the result of something other than a normal, automated, unbiased rotation.

I don't know about that. I actually track playoff officiating assignments and have now for several years. I haven't ever picked up on some sort of arbitrary pattern of assignments that seem aimed at ensuring an outcome of any particular game.

Just look at the assignments so far in Round 2. Each of the 7 crew chiefs (Javie, Foster, J. Crawford, Wunderlich, Salvatore, D. Crawford, and McCutchen) has been assigned to one of the 7 games played after tonight. Danny Crawford worked Sunday in Denver, Foster and Wunderlich worked Monday in LA and Boston, Javie and McCutchen worked the games last night, and Joey Crawford and Salvatore are working the games tonight.

For the sake of completeness, Joey and Salvatore last worked on Sunday -- Game 7 in Atlanta. Javie and McCutchen, Tuesday's crew chiefs, last worked on Saturday -- Game 7 in Boston. Wunderlich worked the fame last Friday in Miami and Foster had worked last Thursday in Game 6 of Orlando/Philly; Danny Crawford had last worked last Tuesday in Game 5 of Houston/Portland.

Graphically, the crew chief assignments have looked like this over the last 8 days:

TUE -- Wunderlich, J. Crawford, McCutchen, D. Crawford
WED -- Bavetta, Javie
THU -- J. Crawford, Foster, Salvatore
FRI -- Wunderlich
SAT -- Javie (+McCutchen)
SUN -- J. Crawford (+Salvatore), D. Crawford
MON -- Wunderlich, Foster
TUE -- Javie (+Bavetta), McCutchen
WED -- Salvatore, J. Crawford

To me, that looks like a fairly regular rotation. In Round 2, everyone is working in rotation based mostly on when he worked last. In fact, I'd be willing to guess that the crew chief on Thursday night in Cleveland is likely to be Dan Crawford. If it's not him, it will be Wunderlich or Foster.

I'd even be willing to guess that the 2nd and 3rd officials in Cleveland tomorrow night will include at least one of: Sean Corbin, Marc Davis, Ron Garretson, and Derrick Stafford.

DrHouse
05-06-2009, 05:50 PM
All I know is the Lakers better be getting some home lovin' after the Game 1 fiasco when they legitimately got screwed on 3 consecutive calls down the stretch.

The worst being LO called out of bounds on an easy dunk attempt that would have cut the lead to 4 instead of ballooning to 8.

Artest93
05-06-2009, 05:54 PM
All I know is the Lakers better be getting some home lovin' after the Game 1 fiasco when they legitimately got screwed on 3 consecutive calls down the stretch.

The worst being LO called out of bounds on an easy dunk attempt that would have cut the lead to 4 instead of ballooning to 8.

Don't worry, Kobe will end up with 20+ free throw attempts

Mel_13
05-06-2009, 05:58 PM
To me, that looks like a fairly regular rotation. In Round 2, everyone is working in rotation based mostly on when he worked last. In fact, I'd be willing to guess that the crew chief on Thursday night in Cleveland is likely to be Dan Crawford. If it's not him, it will be Wunderlich or Foster.

I'd even be willing to guess that the 2nd and 3rd officials in Cleveland tomorrow night will include at least one of: Sean Corbin, Marc Davis, Ron Garretson, and Derrick Stafford.

Wow, you are clearly the expert here. Referee conspiracy theories probably have as much truth to them as Area 51 theories. And to be sure, I don't buy any talk that refs have certain spoken or unspoken marching orders from the league. Just that my impression, with absolutely no historical analysis to support it, is that some of the high profile refs have certain tendencies. So when the Spurs have made deep runs, I know we're going to get Rush and Javie at least once each. I always want to see Javie on the road and Rush at home. Javie just seems impervious to the crowd and Rush seems more easily swayed. So if such tendencies actually exist, and if the league has a preferred outcome, they could make a schedule that preserved a normal rotation and still took advantage of such tendencies.

I know, Area 51.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.:toast

FromWayDowntown
05-06-2009, 06:01 PM

So you actually want the officials to blow calls or call fouls deliberately to favor the Lakers? How about just hoping that the game is called correctly and that there aren't any blown calls?

I'm sure you'd be ridiculing a fan of any other team who said his team should get that kind of treatment.

I agree that Derosa blew the out of bounds call on Odom; I don't think Brothers missed the Kobe touched it last call -- it appeared pretty clear to me that the ball had touched Kobe before going out of bounds, no matter how much Kobe disagreed. But in the end, none of that would have mattered if the Lakers had made their 3's (or exercised better judgment in shot selection) or if Pau had bothered to attack the rim and look to score or draw fouls or if any Laker would have done anything to slow down Aaron Brooks late in that game.

Come on -- sometimes teams lose because they don't play well. If you thought the Lakers played well enough to deservedly win a second round playoff game on Tuesday night, I think your standards are pretty low.

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2009, 12:18 PM
In fact, I'd be willing to guess that the crew chief on Thursday night in Cleveland is likely to be Dan Crawford. If it's not him, it will be Wunderlich or Foster.

Just a chance to toot my own horn.

Tonight's officials in Cleveland: D. Crawford, V. Palmer, D. Stafford.

Got 2 of the 3.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't know about that. I actually track playoff officiating assignments and have now for several years. I haven't ever picked up on some sort of arbitrary pattern of assignments that seem aimed at ensuring an outcome of any particular game.

Just look at the assignments so far in Round 2. Each of the 7 crew chiefs (Javie, Foster, J. Crawford, Wunderlich, Salvatore, D. Crawford, and McCutchen) has been assigned to one of the 7 games played after tonight. Danny Crawford worked Sunday in Denver, Foster and Wunderlich worked Monday in LA and Boston, Javie and McCutchen worked the games last night, and Joey Crawford and Salvatore are working the games tonight.

For the sake of completeness, Joey and Salvatore last worked on Sunday -- Game 7 in Atlanta. Javie and McCutchen, Tuesday's crew chiefs, last worked on Saturday -- Game 7 in Boston. Wunderlich worked the fame last Friday in Miami and Foster had worked last Thursday in Game 6 of Orlando/Philly; Danny Crawford had last worked last Tuesday in Game 5 of Houston/Portland.

Graphically, the crew chief assignments have looked like this over the last 8 days:

TUE -- Wunderlich, J. Crawford, McCutchen, D. Crawford
WED -- Bavetta, Javie
THU -- J. Crawford, Foster, Salvatore
FRI -- Wunderlich
SAT -- Javie (+McCutchen)
SUN -- J. Crawford (+Salvatore), D. Crawford
MON -- Wunderlich, Foster
TUE -- Javie (+Bavetta), McCutchen
WED -- Salvatore, J. Crawford

^^^^^^ :rolleyes

I hate it when objective fans burst everyone's bubbles with logic and reason.

Seriously, let us babies have our bottles with our biases every once in a while. It's what makes the playoffs the playoffs when fans get in the heat of the moment.

Indazone
05-07-2009, 12:41 PM
There's nothing in that analysis that says anything about ref assignments to a particular game. So what if Stern shortened his own rotation of refs. Big F deal. The fix is still in.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2009, 12:56 PM
There's nothing in that analysis that says anything about ref assignments to a particular game. So what if Stern shortened his own rotation of refs. Big F deal. The fix is still in.

I agree to an extent. If the league always operated by the books, and respected the sport the way it always should...Lakers would have lost game 6 in 2002..

The fact that Donaghy was an example of refs gambling, proves that it's naive at times to always assume the best in those running the league, or within the league. We can sometimes assume we're going overboard with league conspiracy theories. But not always rule it out, especially when there's $$$:greedy to be had to tip certain games into tainted territory.

Rigged games can still be beaten though. Tim Duncan winning 4 ships' is proof of that.:lol

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2009, 01:27 PM

To the contrary, I think it tends to show that the assignments are essentially blind and that the league would have to plan incredibly far ahead, with time-machine like foresight, to get a particular official assigned to a particular game to ensure a particular result.

If you're so convinced that the league is fixing games, why watch? It seems to me an exercise in futility to keep an interest in something that you believe has a pre-determined outcome.