PDA

View Full Version : "Boy" is a bad word?

sickdsm
03-21-2005, 10:20 AM
WTF? You get ejected for calling someone who's only 19 Boy? I'm glad to see it wasn't Howard that told them to get rid of him. But is Howard referring to the boy comment or that he ref didn't like it when he said he had never heard it before?

Friday night, when the Magic were playing in Seattle, (Dwight) Howard said a fan kept calling him "boy." Howard was on the floor near the best seats, hearing the taunts. The SuperSonics' security, alerted by a referee, ejected a man. "He called me a 'boy.' The referee didn't like that," Howard told the Sentinel. "I didn't know what to think. I couldn't believe he said it. I had never heard that before. Never."

Clandestino
03-21-2005, 10:25 AM
i believe you know how he meant it...

Spurminator
03-21-2005, 10:46 AM
I know how Howard and the ref were interpreting it... I don't know if that's necessarily how the fan meant it.

Useruser666
03-21-2005, 11:51 AM
They ejected his dad from the game?

Extra Stout
03-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Musta been one of those fans from Idaho.

Usually, going down to the 'hood and calling some 19-year-old black man "boy" is an effective way to commit suicide.

sickdsm
03-21-2005, 01:06 PM
He never said it was used in a racist context. Seeing how last year he was playing in high school i think its perfectly acceptable. If it would have been Francis, Hill, Kato, etc. then there would have been a problem.

How many times do you think that LeBron, KG, Kobe, Tmac, etc... heard the whole boy/young'n/kid/etc...???

Clandestino
03-21-2005, 01:13 PM
usually, but not always...when you are on the road they are trying to be nice. i can't believe you are even trying to say this "fan" meant it in a flattering way.