PDA

View Full Version : Fill 'er Up.

JoeChalupa
03-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Gas prices are going to continue to go up. I just filled up my tank last night for $20 bucks.

http://www.tompaine.com/upload/oil%20prices.jpg

And I drive a Saturn. :(

Clandestino
03-21-2005, 11:45 AM
small car?

oh, didn't see, "i drive a saturn"

it is taking my like 6 bux to fill my motorcycle! now, that is crazy!

bigzak25
03-21-2005, 11:59 AM
dude, my chevy's been drinking like a sailor in denial, practically @ 30 bux's a fillup now, and that's about 3 times every two weeks.....for a 3.1L??? oh well....it needs something, but i don't know what...maybe an oil change, maybe a funeral...i dunno...but 42 bux a mo. for auto ins, and about 75 a year for the stickers....not bad....

Useruser666
03-21-2005, 11:59 AM
It cost 6 bucks to burn down my neighbors house!

Bandit2981
03-21-2005, 12:17 PM
i just keep on a gas budget, no matter what the price is i only fill my tacoma with $12-$14 max once a week and however much gas i get from that is what i have to work around. depending on price of course, it usually brings me anywhere from 3/4 full to full.

JoeChalupa
03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
i just keep on a gas budget, no matter what the price is i only fill my tacoma with $12-$14 max once a week and however much gas i get from that is what i have to work around. depending on price of course, it usually brings me anywhere from 3/4 full to full.

Yeah, I try to do that too. I can go more than a week on one tank on my Saturn but I'll come on down and stop for gas if the price is right.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2005, 12:44 PM

Thats pretty damn smart.

Spurminator
03-21-2005, 12:49 PM
I ride the train to work.

2centsworth
03-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Great system, and I bet it works with everything like food, entertainment, clothes, etc....

Hell, budget for less than you make and you'll have money to save and invest.

While you're at it draw up a living will.

Oh, wait.. too many responsibilites and I'm sure we don't want that.

Useruser666
03-21-2005, 01:37 PM
I carefully budget my trips with how much I have to siphon from others.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Great system, and I bet it works with everything like food, entertainment, clothes, etc....

Hell, budget for less than you make and you'll have money to save and invest.

While you're at it draw up a living will.

Oh, wait.. too many responsibilites and I'm sure we don't want that.

You just lose more and more credibility with each post.

2centsworth
03-21-2005, 02:23 PM
You just lose more and more credibility with each post.
That's from someone who begged for a Tip online. Just park cars and leave the money making to everyone else.

Sec24Row7
03-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I love it. Here's to hoping that Oil gets to 65 or 70 and stays there for a long time.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I don't vallet anymore, and even if I did I doubt that would have little to do with my credibility.

What? Can't make a logical arguements so you have to attack a pocketbook? How Christian of you.

2centsworth
03-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I don't vallet anymore, and even if I did I doubt that would have little to do with my credibility.

What? Can't make a logical arguements so you have to attack a pocketbook? How Christian of you.
you started with the personal attacks. Either logically or through personal attacks I will shove your two fingers figuratively up your ass.

Shelly
03-21-2005, 03:23 PM
I've got to use super which is about $2.15/gallon now! Yikes!

MannyIsGod
03-21-2005, 03:51 PM
No, I said you were losing credibility through your posts, and look at that above post, you are.

You took Bandit's idea and went on some kind of rabid rant with no direction.

Once again, for someone who loves to throw around christian beliefs, you don't try very much to live up to them.

2centsworth
03-21-2005, 05:05 PM
No, I said you were losing credibility through your posts, and look at that above post, you are.

You took Bandit's idea and went on some kind of rabid rant with no direction.

Once again, for someone who loves to throw around christian beliefs, you don't try very much to live up to them.

as far as Bandit's idea, I was trying to give this thread some life.

Christian beliefs, if you reread my post I haven't been inconsistent. Nevertheless, I'm a work in progress.

So if you want to make underhanded insults be prepared to receive some yourself.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2005, 05:06 PM
I never made one underhanded insult. But good luck on your work in progress.

Clandestino
03-21-2005, 10:37 PM
I've got to use super which is about $2.15/gallon now! Yikes!

many mechanics say you can use lower grade gasoline, but if your car knocks, then you should switch back... they say most cars are fine with the regular stuff..

Shelly
03-21-2005, 10:50 PM
My car is a twin turbo. It needs super.

Sec24Row7
03-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Still waiting for Oil to hit $70.

The economy can probably be maintained even if it gets to 80, but any more than that and it is going to hurt everyone.

Clandestino
03-22-2005, 12:20 PM
the whole world, except for the oil producers themselves hurt with the high oil prices..

Sec24Row7
03-22-2005, 12:29 PM
It's payback for the $8 oil we had to sell in 5 years ago.

We haven't been getting a FAIR price for a long time now.

I think $70 is very resonable.

NameDropper
03-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I think $70 is way too high.

MannyIsGod
03-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Everyone except the environment who benefits from a not oil based economy. The price going up just spurs development that has long been stalled due to oil's cheap price. Not so damn cheap now is it.

Clandestino
03-22-2005, 04:28 PM
i'm not complaining. i was paying 4 bux a gallon when i lived in europe. i see it as having been paying peanuts the past 2 1/2 years...

MannyIsGod
03-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I honestly would love to see the price of gas go even higher. People need to be moved away from oil.

desflood
03-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Okay Manny. Are you going to tote the five people in my family around on your bike?

Clandestino
03-22-2005, 05:00 PM
I honestly would love to see the price of gas go even higher. People need to be moved away from oil.

you're nuts... all of our prices would go higher bc the majority of goods in our country are moved via trucks. with your salary you will barely be able to afford your staple commodities.

MannyIsGod
03-22-2005, 05:35 PM
:lmao

I'm not worried about not being able to afford things. It would drive the cost of things up, and it would spur less driving and more efficeny. The problem is that most people can't look past an added inconvenience to themselves and how it helps in the long run.

Your last post makes that point for me.

Useruser666
03-23-2005, 08:02 AM
:lmao

I'm not worried about not being able to afford things. It would drive the cost of things up, and it would spur less driving and more efficeny. The problem is that most people can't look past an added inconvenience to themselves and how it helps in the long run.

Your last post makes that point for me.

Manny, I'm all for more efficient vehicles, but your logic is poor. A sharp rapid increase in price will not aid in alternative engine development as much as it will hurt the economy. It will also put people out of work, hurt the poor, and only make money for those in control of the oil right now. A gentle increase in price over a longer period of time will slowly ween the US off it's oil dependancy and not shock it.

Sec24Row7
03-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Either way, I'm for oil going up, but I would prefer the slow gradual increase in order for the economy to remain going.

MannyIsGod
03-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Manny, I'm all for more efficient vehicles, but your logic is poor. A sharp rapid increase in price will not aid in alternative engine development as much as it will hurt the economy. It will also put people out of work, hurt the poor, and only make money for those in control of the oil right now. A gentle increase in price over a longer period of time will slowly ween the US off it's oil dependancy and not shock it.

I agree.