PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzki Calls Bruce Bowen Dirty

Pages : [1] 2

timvp
04-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Dampier and coach Rick Carlisle both noted that the burly center has only two flagrant fouls over five seasons in Dallas, which hardly brands him as a dirty player.

“They’ve got one—we don’t,” Mavs star Dirk Nowitzki said, clearly referring to Bruce Bowen, the Spurs’ defensive ace who has long been a thorn to Dallas players.

Oh, so it's gonna be like that?

Interesting.

P.S.

Sorry if this has been posted. Dallas apparently doesn't believe in fast internets.

Shank
04-22-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123815

Boom! It's plenty fast around here. Get off AOL :)

silverblackfan
04-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow. A lot of pumping up the Spurs for this game from the Mavs. First Dampier makes sure Tony starts aggresive, and then Dirk requests more Eau-de-Bruce.

poop
04-22-2009, 04:59 PM
add another victim to bruce's list of honor haha.

xtremesteven33
Just what Bowen needs to get the juices flowin....Good goin Dirk :tu

gmanrulz
mavs arent too smart of a team. Look for a definite win tomorrow. But i do agree about dampier, saying before the game you were gonna intentionally try to hit parker to the ground, definitely not dirty.

Summers
04-22-2009, 05:01 PM
It's officially on.

Xylus
04-22-2009, 05:02 PM
I agree that Bowen is a little dirty, but I don't know what the Mavs are thinking.

Didn't they watch the '07 Suns-Spurs series? No good can come of talking shit to the media about Spurs players.

burntorange
04-22-2009, 05:03 PM

burntorange
04-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Dallas doesn't have any dirty players? And the Spurs have one?

Did we just acquire Jason Terry?

FaithInOne
04-22-2009, 05:06 PM
That tactic did wonders for PHX :lmao

Time to kill another era. You German denture wearing mf'er.

ElNono
04-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Somebody tell Dirk this is a man's game...

Dex
Pulled from Monroe's article just this morning:

If, by the end of this series, the Mavericks deem he was such a pest they accuse him of using tactics that verge on unsportsmanlike, well, that will be his personal version of Defensive Player of the Year.

Findog
P.S.

Sorry if this has been posted. Dallas apparently doesn't believe in fast internets.

We have T1's up here and browse with Chrome. Have they advanced past Prodigy and CompuServe down in San Antonio?

duncan228
McDonald's next headline: Bowen responds to Nowitzki (but not really)

Shank
I agree that Bowen is a little dirty, but I don't know what the Mavs are thinking.

Didn't they watch the '07 Suns-Spurs series? No good can come of talking shit to the media about Spurs players.

That's odd that everyone automatically knows it's Bowen, seeing as Dirk didn't specifically call him out by name. Or is it too obvious that it's Bowen without even asking?

ElNono
04-22-2009, 05:08 PM
We have T1's up here and browse with Chrome. Have they advanced past Prodigy and CompuServe down in San Antonio?

My 1200 baud modem just connected, but it's still downloading images.
We use Netscape Navigator over here...

Summers
Just what Bowen needs to get the juices flowin....Good goin Dirk :tu

Reminds me of Ray Allen a couple years ago.

Morg1411
That's odd that everyone automatically knows it's Bowen, seeing as Dirk didn't specifically call him out by name. Or is it too obvious that it's Bowen without even asking?

That's just plain fucking stupid.

Of COURSE it's Bowen! We know who are own dirty players are! Sheesh...
:rolleyes

LakerHater
Same 'ole song!!!

Must be playoffs! :ihit

Spursfan092120
04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Oh wow...an NBA player thinks Bruce is dirty..what a shock. Why is it that people who lose to the Spurs all the time, like Ray Allen, Dirk Nowitzki, and others, say Bruce is dirty, but people who play the Spurs well, like Kobe, etc say Bruce is just a tough defender..hmm....Bottom line, Bruce plays old school..he plays Detroit Bad Boys style basketball. What they did back then is what he does now. They were loved and revered for it..he's hated for it. They're just hating.

FaithInOne
04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Bowen did tweak Dirk's knee on his drive. That's how effing crafty the Great Bruce Bowen is.

I love it.

Findog
04-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Do Spurs fans have the self-awareness to realize that Bowen is a guy that you hate on the opposition but love him on your team? I'd love to see Bowen be one of our boys in blue. But they HATE HATE HATE on Jason Terry when he's exactly the same kind of lightning rod for opposing fanbases - if Terry had been a Spur his entire career, you guys would love him.

Spursfan092120
04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
considering Bruce is the only guy anyone has ever called dirty from the Spurs, and Bruce completely owned Dirk in the last two games, causing him to get very frustrated, it's a good assumption.

Morg1411
Bowen did tweak Dirk's knee on his drive. That's how effing crafty the Great Bruce Bowen is.

I love it.

:lol

I forgot about that! Injured Dirk by colliding with him and falling out of bounds...genius! BOWEN IS THE MAN!!!!

sonic21
obviously dirk is scared of bruce, he wants a little help from the refs

Findog
04-22-2009, 05:12 PM
considering Bruce is the only guy anyone has ever called dirty from the Spurs, and Bruce completely owned Dirk in the last two games, causing him to get very frustrated, it's a good assumption.

Bowen didn't guard Dirk for 40 minutes each the last two games. He takes his turns but Dirk will eventually get untracked in this series.

Morg1411
04-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Do Spurs fans have the self-awareness to realize that Bowen is a guy that you hate on the opposition but love him on your team? I'd love to see Bowen be one of our boys in blue. But they HATE HATE HATE on Jason Terry when he's exactly the same kind of lightning rod for opposing fanbases - if Terry had been a Spur his entire career, you guys would love him.

Um...duh? :lol

koriwhat
04-22-2009, 05:13 PM
better go buy some replacement porcelains cause bowen's gonna curb stomp your face into the ground big germ.

sonic21
04-22-2009, 05:14 PM

he did finish 3rd forward in the AS ballot, everybody loves bruce :tu

Spursfan092120
Bowen didn't guard Dirk for 40 minutes each the last two games. He takes his turns but Dirk will eventually get untracked in this series.
No..but I was at game 2. Dirk really lost it when Bruce played him..just like he did on game 1. Bruce was painted on him.

SA210
This is BULL! :pctoss

They saw the DEFENSIVE impact that Bruce had on the game, so now they are seeking the help of the refs like in 06. Bunch of pansies. Nothing but a bunch of frickin' scared little soft pansies.

GO BRUCE!!!!!

Findog
Um...duh? :lol

Watch for about 50 "No way! Jason Terry is a turtleheaded douche, no way I would root for that POS on the Spurs..." responses to roll in.

Findog
04-22-2009, 05:15 PM
he did finish 3rd forward in the AS ballot, everybody loves bruce :tu

We love our Bruce in black!

timvp
04-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I think a lot of Spurs fans realize this. The beef (not speaking of food) is with opposing players d-bagging and going to the media with their whines. Unless, of course, you have a link for the Spurs calling Terry dirty. I'll even settle for a link of the Spurs calling Dampier dirty after he admitted he was planning to be dirty.

ElNono
04-22-2009, 05:16 PM

Spurs fans are aware, as much as Mavs fans are aware of JET.
But this is Dirk Nowitzki the NBA player talking.

koriwhat
04-22-2009, 05:16 PM

bad comparison...

bowen = badass
terry = little fuckin' bitch!

i'd want terry off our team for his antics if he was part of the spurs. you just don't pull the bs he pulls like punching players in the groin. that's a total bitch move and only bitches pull that sort of bs!

fuck turtle!

Morg1411
04-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Watch for about 50 "No way! Jason Terry is a turtleheaded douche, no way I would root for that POS on the Spurs..." responses to roll in.

Sadly, I know you're probably right. :toast

SA210
It's going to be on NEWS4 @ the 6 o'clock broadcast. I gotta see this :lol

Findog
I think a lot of Spurs fans realize this. The beef (not speaking of food) is with opposing players d-bagging and going to the media with their whines. Unless, of course, you have a link for the Spurs calling Terry dirty. I'll even settle for a link of the Spurs calling Dampier dirty after he admitted he was planning to be dirty.

I just remember seeing a huge thread titled Eff You Jason Terry after that F1 on Parker. Have any Mav fans started an Eff You Bruce Bowen thread?

koriwhat
04-22-2009, 05:18 PM

you get what you wished for...

oh mr nostradumbass you actually think people are gonna agree with you on this one? wow you're so psychic.

Findog
Sadly, I know you're probably right. :toast

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3320837&postcount=37

We've got one so far:

bad comparison...

bowen = badass
terry = little fuckin' bitch!

i'd want terry off our team for his antics if he was part of the spurs. you just don't pull the bs he pulls like punching players in the groin. that's a total bitch move and only bitches pull that sort of bs!

fuck turtle!

ElNono
I just remember seeing a huge thread titled Eff You Jason Terry after that F1 on Parker. Have any Mav fans started an Eff You Bruce Bowen thread?

Did Tony Parker start the thread?... fans are fans, but Dirk is a whiny little bitch...

Findog
04-22-2009, 05:19 PM
you get what you wished for...

oh mr nostradumbass you actually think people are gonna agree with you on this one? wow you're so psychic.

You're owning yourself. First rule when you're in a hole is to stop digging.

timvp
He takes his turns but Dirk will eventually get untracked

Using made up words and eggcorns is dirty posting. :madrun :cry :depressed

Findog
Did Tony Parker start the thread?... fans are fans, but Dirk is a whiny little bitch...

Did Dirk Nowitzki himself log on to Spurstalk to make this thread? Your post is a non sequitur.

koriwhat
04-22-2009, 05:20 PM

for what and why? keep pulling shit out your ass...

timvp
04-22-2009, 05:20 PM
I just remember seeing a huge thread titled Eff You Jason Terry after that F1 on Parker. Have any Mav fans started an Eff You Bruce Bowen thread?We are speaking of teams. We are not on the Spurs. Is Mav Fan on the Mav roster?

StoneBuddha
04-22-2009, 05:21 PM

Man, what happened to the Richardson / Raja avator? Xylus, even with the eye candy some people use, for some reason I really liked yours the best.

NRHector
04-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Do Spurs fans have the self-awareness to realize that Bowen is a guy that you hate on the opposition but love him on your team? I'd love to see Bowen be one of our boys in blue. But they HATE HATE HATE on Jason Terry when he's exactly the same kind of lightning rod for opposing fanbases - if Terry had been a Spur his entire career, you guys would love him.that is call supporting your home team

Winnipeg_Spur
04-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Uh... how many flagrants does Bruce even have? I really don't recall too many. If they're going to explicitly use that as their criteria for measuring dirty players I think Bowen's fine...

Findog
04-22-2009, 05:22 PM
We are speaking of teams. We are not on the Spurs. Is Mav Fan on the Mav roster?

I agree that the Spurs are taking the high road and not doing a lot of talking to the press. It doesn't speak to the poise the Mavs will need to win this series if they're already trying to start a war of words. Maybe my point is peripheral to the thread, but my only comment was that some Spurs fans just seem to have blind spots when it comes to Bruce. Yeah, he's dirty, but it's not that big of a deal - he gets away with some things that might be called on other players.

koriwhat
04-22-2009, 05:23 PM
You're owning yourself. First rule when you're in a hole is to stop digging.

i think you "owned" yourself with your stupid remarks.

you think people aren't gonna rag on terry here on ST? or were you hoping they weren't when you said, "Watch for about 50 "No way! Jason Terry is a turtleheaded douche, no way I would root for that POS on the Spurs..." responses to roll in."? doesn't make much sense.

timvp
04-22-2009, 05:23 PM
For the record, Jason Terry is a turtle-head, Carlton-looking douchebag, but I'd gladly welcome him on the Spurs. He might *gasp* be a backup point guard Pop actually plays.

ElNono
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Did Dirk Nowitzki himself log on to Spurstalk to make this thread? Your post is a non sequitur.

No, he went straight to the media with his whining... This thread wouldn't exist if Dirk would be a man and shut his pie hole.

Findog
04-22-2009, 05:25 PM
i think you "owned" yourself with your stupid remarks.

Seriously dude. We are talking past one another. Maybe it would help if you knew what I was saying and could comprehend it.

you think people aren't gonna rag on terry here on ST? or were you hoping they weren't when you said, "Watch for about 50 "No way! Jason Terry is a turtleheaded douche, no way I would root for that POS on the Spurs..." responses to roll in."? doesn't make much sense.

Reading is Fundamental, as they say in those NBA Cares commercials. Do you even know what point I was making? Nowhere did I say I expect Spurs fans to lay off ragging on Terry.

Morg1411
04-22-2009, 05:26 PM
I agree that the Spurs are taking the high road and not doing a lot of talking to the press. It doesn't speak to the poise the Mavs will need to win this series if they're already trying to start a war of words. Maybe my point is peripheral to the thread, but my only comment was that some Spurs fans just seem to have blind spots when it comes to Bruce. Yeah, he's dirty, but it's not that big of a deal - he gets away with some things that might be called on other players.

As opposed to Spurs fans saying...what?

"Bruce is a dirty bastard. He cheats and hurts people."

Would you say that about one of the Mavs?

Morg1411
04-22-2009, 05:26 PM
For the record, Jason Terry is a turtle-head, Carlton-looking douchebag, but I'd gladly welcome him on the Spurs. He might *gasp* be a backup point guard Pop actually plays.

:toast

Spursfan092120
04-22-2009, 05:27 PM
zS1cLOIxsQ8

Heath Ledger
04-22-2009, 05:28 PM

T1's thats old school like casette tapes.
My F.I.O.S. will smoke your T-1 google chrome is still very buggy and often crashes.

Findog
04-22-2009, 05:29 PM
As opposed to Spurs fans saying...what?

"Bruce is a dirty bastard. He cheats and hurts people."

Would you say that about one of the Mavs?

I know exactly why Terry gets under the skin of Spurs fans, even if he never hit Fin in the nuts. Between the Jet on the Runway schtick he does, the way he plays to the home crowds at the AAC, I'm sure I would hate him if I were a fan of an opposing team. Just as I hate Bowen's tactics as a Spur but would welcome him on the Mavs. If any Spur fan says that they would not want Terry if he would fill a need, then they have a blind spot on their fandom.

Xylus
Man, what happened to the Richardson / Raja avator? Xylus, even with the eye candy some people use, for some reason I really liked yours the best.

Yeah, I think it's time to bring the Raja avatar back. :toast

Borosai
Bowen kicks people in the face, ankles, back, and especially in the ass, all while tucked up inside their jerseys.

Terry is a cock hunter and more of a duck than a jet: not Spurs material.

koriwhat
Seriously dude. We are talking past one another. Maybe it would help if you knew what I was saying and could comprehend it.

Reading is Fundamental, as they say in those NBA Cares commercials. Do you even know what point I was making? Nowhere did I say I expect Spurs fans to lay off ragging on Terry.

you're an idiot... i read your bs and i comprehended your bs and i replied to your bs but you can't get past your own bs. thanks for clearing that up for me now bullshitter.

timvp
Seriously dude. We are talking past one another. Maybe it would help if you knew what I was saying and could comprehend it.This is the ST equivalent of starting a brawl in the AT&T Center and then heading to the special needs row to mop up a few easy victories.

koriwhat
04-22-2009, 05:31 PM
I know exactly why Terry gets under the skin of Spurs fans, even if he never hit Fin in the nuts. Between the Jet on the Runway schtick he does, the way he plays to the home crowds at the AAC, I'm sure I would hate him if I were a fan of an opposing team. Just as I hate Bowen's tactics as a Spur but would welcome him on the Mavs. If any Spur fan says that they would not want Terry if he would fill a need, then they have a blind spot on their fandom.

fuck terry! plain and simple... he isn't spurs material. get over it! we don't want your garbage from dallas.

timvp
If the Mavs had Bowen to put on Dwyane Wade in 2006, they sweep the Heat.

koriwhat
T1's thats old school like casette tapes.
My F.I.O.S. will smoke your T-1 google chrome is still very buggy and often crashes.

oc12 up in this biotch!

Morg1411
04-22-2009, 05:32 PM

Well, son of a bitch -- I agree with a Mavs fan. :toast

ElNono
04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
The point of wether Spurs fans would like/not like Terry as a Spur is irrelevant. I don't see Tim Duncan, the leader of our team, going to the media and saying: "They have these dirty d-bags over there, Dampier and Donatello".
That was another pussy take from the supposed leader of that team.

NRHector
I agree that the Spurs are taking the high road and not doing a lot of talking to the press. It doesn't speak to the poise the Mavs will need to win this series if they're already trying to start a war of words. Maybe my point is peripheral to the thread, but my only comment was that some Spurs fans just seem to have blind spots when it comes to Bruce. Yeah, he's dirty, but it's not that big of a deal - he gets away with some things that might be called on other players.the same can be said about Jason Terry and Nowitzki, thay get away with so much shit and let's not even mention Dampier, with Nowitzki, if you stand 3 feet in front oh him the refs will call a foul or breathing in front of him will be a foul.

Morg1411
The point of wether Spurs fans would like/not like Terry as a Spur is irrelevant. I don't see Tim Duncan, the leader of our team, going to the media and saying: "They have these dirty d-bags over there, Dampier and Donatello".
That was another pussy take from the supposed leader of that team.

:lmao

Strike
04-22-2009, 05:34 PM

Okay, this is the 2nd time I've seen this word in a thread in the past 18 hours.

What the fuck is untracked? I looked it up on wikipedia AND urbandictionary and nothing. Is this just some word that Rocketfan and/or Mavfan made up?

Or are you trying to say on track? Like "Dirk will eventually get on track in this series".

I know I'm sounding like the spelling police here but there is a difference between misspelling a word and MAKING ONE UP!

Borosai
04-22-2009, 05:34 PM
However, if Terry is an over-the-hill, quasi-retiree willing to play for pennies, I'm sure the Spurs would make room... it's inevitable.

timvp
04-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Okay, this is the 2nd time I've seen this word in a thread in the past 18 hours.

What the fuck is untracked? I looked it up on wikipedia AND urbandictionary and nothing. Is this just some word that Rocketfan and/or Mavfan made up?

Or are you trying to say on track? Like "Dirk will eventually get on track in this series".

I know I'm sounding like the spelling police here but there is a difference between misspelling a word and MAKING ONE UP!Eggcorn. Look it up.

He was just using a dirty ploy to try to gain an advantage.

Spursfan092120
04-22-2009, 05:35 PM
:tu

ElNono
04-22-2009, 05:36 PM

I know I'm sounding like the spelling police here but there is a difference between misspelling a word and MAKING ONE UP!

In computing terms, tracking something means keeping something constantly in check. So I think what he means by untracked is that he will eventually break out of being checked.

Borosai
04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Untracked appears to be a legit word, and although it fits Dirk perfectly, I'm sure it was a mistake.

Adj. 1. untracked - lacking pathways; "trackless wilderness"; "roadless areas"
pathless, roadless, untrod, untrodden, trackless
inaccessible, unaccessible - capable of being reached only with great difficulty or not at all (from TheFreeDictionary)

Spursfan092120
04-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Untracked appears to be a legit word, and although it fits Dirk perfectly, I'm sure it was a mistake.

Adj. 1. untracked - lacking pathways; "trackless wilderness"; "roadless areas"
pathless, roadless, untrod, untrodden, trackless
inaccessible, unaccessible - capable of being reached only with great difficulty or not at all (from TheFreeDictionary)
LMAO at lacking pathways...

SA210
04-22-2009, 05:38 PM

:lmao That is so true!

:toast

Strike
04-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Eggcorn. Look it up.

He was just using a dirty ploy to try to gain an advantage.

Ah ha. Never heard of Eggcorn. Guess I need to spend more time on the interwebs. Thanks, timvp. :toast

Flux451
04-22-2009, 05:39 PM

Actually not. You can keep Terry. Exactly the kind of player the Spurs don't want or need.

Ps who the F*** came up the pussy phrase Boys in Blue. Sounds so pansy.
"Good thing our boys in blue learned their dance routines."

More like MEN IN BLACK foo!

usckk
04-22-2009, 05:42 PM

hahahahaha. You just made me spit water all over myself. Turtlehead. LOL! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol

TheProfessor
04-22-2009, 05:42 PM
"Talkers are no good doers." Pretty insecure stuff from a psychologically scarred team.

NRHector
04-22-2009, 05:43 PM
"Mommy Mommy Bruce is picking on me and ate my lunch tell him to stop:cry"

SA210
04-22-2009, 05:47 PM
"Mommy Mommy Bruce is picking on me and ate my lunch tell him to stop:cry"

:lmao:rollin

And people think Bruce is washed up, lost a step, so on and so on, YET he still puts fear into our opponents just like always.

:flag:

BlackSwordsMan
04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
did someone mention beef in this thread?

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, well.

At least the Mavs stay on schedule. Lose one and the bitching about Bruce Bowen commences.

SA210
04-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, well.

At least the Mavs stay on schedule. Lose one and the bitching about Bruce Bowen commences.

Yup :lol

It's almost 6, they are going to cover it on News4. Too funny. haha

Spurs Brazil
04-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Poor Nowitzki

He can't get any calls so he has to complain

:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff

http://www.sonnyradio.com/Spurs-2.jpg

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:01 PM
In computing terms, tracking something means keeping something constantly in check. So I think what he means by untracked is that he will eventually break out of being checked.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Actually not. You can keep Terry. Exactly the kind of player the Spurs don't want or need.

We have #2!

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
poor nowitzki

he can't get any calls so he has to complain

four rings faggot!

timvp
04-22-2009, 06:04 PM
I just went to the lobby, tripped myself, pretended to turn my ankle, grimaced and I was awarded to free throws. Sweet town :tu

Spursmania
04-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Too late to complain Dirkie. Looks like the refs will be checking out Dampier for his genius comments. All eyes on Damp.:fight

duncan228
04-22-2009, 06:09 PM
I just went to the lobby, tripped myself, pretended to turn my ankle, grimaced and I was awarded to free throws. Sweet town :tu

:lol Not in that Bowen jersey.

crc21209
04-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Dirk is a little bitch...just play the game man.

Marcus Bryant
04-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Nowitzki is the most fraudulent "superstar" in the history of the National Basketball Association. He appeals to North Dallas Forty's sense of how professional sports should be: cheering on a blond haired, full blooded 7 foot tall Aryan as he avoids physical play and the refs protect him consistently by calling even the slightest amount of contact in his favor. Not to mention that he's likely a closet homosexual, the true mark of a Dallas sports icon.

NRHector
04-22-2009, 06:11 PM
I just went to the lobby, tripped myself, pretended to turn my ankle, grimaced and I was awarded to free throws. Sweet town :tu:rollin

SenorSpur
04-22-2009, 06:12 PM

I wouldn't. He's a one-trick pony who, in my mind, is not a very smart basketball player. And I'm not just talking about his nut-punch on Bowen a few years ago. Sure he's a decent shooter, but he takes a lot of ill-advised shots, isn't a good enough passer and makes the occasional "dumb" foul. I've also seen situations, when he was running the point for the Mavs, that he didn't always seem to know the situation. Caught up more with trying to get his personal rocks off on someone, when perhaps a teammate may have had the hot hand.

There's a reason he was never able to successfully make the transition over to PG. Perhaps it's because he was never been able to shake all those bad habits he learned when he was with the Hawks.

SA210
04-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Too late to complain Dirkie. Looks like the refs will be checking out Dampier for his genius comments. All eyes on Damp.:fight

That's the thing, they wanted to switch the story and refs looking at Dampier to Bowen. :lol

diego
04-22-2009, 06:18 PM
howard, stackhouse, and terry are all dirtier than bruce. dampier is too slow to be dirty. and the only cheapshots dirk gets in are off the court, preferably to stationary objects like microphones and excercise bikes.

terry could be useful for the spurs right now, with manu out. but if we have manu and tp? terry's matador defense and low IQ would outweigh his shooting, and he'd be overpaid to do it. pass.

td4mvp21
04-22-2009, 06:20 PM
So the Mavs lose a game and Bowen is dirty? This is ne reason why I can't stand the Mavs, and I completely forgot about this until now. Really reminds me of 2006 when Avery made comments to the media about Bruce. Just grow the fuck up and play the game, it would look a lot more sincere also if you didn't bring this up only after a loss. Shiiiiit.

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't. He's a one-trick pony who, in my mind, is not a very smart basketball player. And I'm not just talking about his nut-punch on Bowen a few years ago. Sure he's a decent shooter, but he takes a lot of ill-advised shots, isn't a good enough passer and makes the occasional "dumb" foul. I've also seen situations, when he was running the point for the Mavs, that he didn't always seem to know the situation. Caught up more with trying to get his personal rocks off on someone, when perhaps a teammate may have had the hot hand.

#3. 47 more to go!

There's a reason he was never able to successfully make the transition over to PG.

Um, he's not a PG. Ever think of that? He's an undersized combo guard.

Perhaps it's because he was never been able to shake all those bad habits he learned when he was with the Hawks.

Terry was nothing but a chucker who shot anywhere from 41-43% from the floor in Atlanta. He's shot between 47-50% in Dallas, while being a leader in the locker room and being unselfish by doing whatever is asked of him. You're still in the minority in this league if you embrace coming off the bench when you've become accustomed to starting.

Hate on him all you want for punching Fin in the nuts or waving his arms around after making a routine jumper in the 2nd Quarter, but when it comes to anything else, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 06:23 PM
uh

water wet

sky blue

grass green

wesley snipes black

clay aiken gay

bill walton takes lsd

timvp
04-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Dampier and coach Rick Carlisle both noted that the burly center has only two flagrant fouls over five seasons in Dallas, which hardly brands him as a dirty player.

:lmao @ Carlisle lying about his players once again. I see that douche quality is still around from his Pacers day.

Since the 2004-05 season when Dampier joined that Mavs, Dampier has seven flagrant fouls. Not two. Seven.

Guess how many flagrant fouls Bruce Bowen has since the 2004-05 seasons? Zero. Nada. Nein.

So to recap, Carlisle claimed that Dampier had as many flagrant fouls as the Spurs had championships since Dampier arrived in Dallas. The fact is that Dampier has as many flagrant fouls as Duncan and Bowen have championship rings during their careers, while Bowen actually has as many flagrants during that time frame as Mavs have championships in their history.

FR, F!

Cry Havoc
04-22-2009, 06:27 PM
I would like to have Terry's production on the Spurs, dirty plays or not.

However, I don't like Terry's attitude toward the game. And yes, Findog, you can call me out if you'd like for this, but I just dislike the way Terry approaches games. I don't think he'd be a fit on the Spurs because, in spite of his innate abilities, he'd make too many boneheaded plays to stay in Pop's favor.

Kamala
04-22-2009, 06:27 PM
The only thing dirty about Dirk is his panocha.:lol

Mugen
04-22-2009, 06:28 PM

:rollin

did you get up and fly around like a jet afterwards??

mytespurs
04-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Waaaah! :)

Does that knee to the groin (unintentional?) Bruce gave to Nash in the playoffs count?

timvp
04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Nice one. I always thought that word was two.

Nice bolding, boldy.

Edit: Even nicer deletion.

Creation88
04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
ha ha we're officially in there head.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Why was it deleted? Anyway you get the point. At least spell it right to make it funny.

sonic21
04-22-2009, 06:30 PM
i wouldn't mind terry on the spurs, he can come with dirk in 2010.

timvp
04-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Why was it deleted?

This message has been deleted by dirk4mvp.

Y'all can't control what the dirk4mvp do, y'all crazy man.

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:33 PM
However, I don't like Terry's attitude toward the game. And yes, Findog, you can call me out if you'd like for this, but I just dislike the way Terry approaches games. I don't think he'd be a fit on the Spurs because, in spite of his innate abilities, he'd make too many boneheaded plays to stay in Pop's favor.

I don't like Bowen's approach to the game. I think he has crossed the line into dirty play on numerous occasions. That said, it's not a complaint, just the way things are with the leeway the refs grant him. No use crying about it. I would take him on the Mavericks.

And GMAFB about how Terry wouldn't "fit in" with the Spurs and their culture because he "makes too many dumb plays" for Pop. If Matt Bonner can make Pop's playoff rotation, I'm pretty sure Terry could too. GMAFB.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2009, 06:35 PM
I think there's a gamesmanship aspect to the timing of these comments, particularly in light of a pretty clear indication that the league is going to have an eye peeled for Dampier and anything out of the ordinary that might be visited upon Tony Parker. This is the Mavericks way -- however sissified -- of saying that the officials should also keep an eye on whatever dirty player the Spurs have (presumably, Bowen).

It's interesting that the Mavs are essentially responding to a problem they've created for themselves.

timvp
04-22-2009, 06:35 PM
In Dampier's first eight seasons in the league, he had one flagrant. The Mavs must be dirty :madrun

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:36 PM
I think there's a gamesmanship aspect to the timing of these comments, particularly in light of a pretty clear indication that the league is going to have an eye peeled for Dampier and anything out of the ordinary that might be visited upon Tony Parker. This is the Mavericks way -- however sissified -- of saying that the officials should also keep an eye on whatever dirty player the Spurs have (presumably, Bowen).

It's interesting that the Mavs are essentially responding to a problem they've created for themselves.

When did you become just another dumb Spurs fan?

Cry Havoc
04-22-2009, 06:36 PM
And GMAFB about how Terry wouldn't "fit in" with the Spurs and their culture because he "makes too many dumb plays" for Pop. If Matt Bonner can make Pop's playoff rotation, I'm pretty sure Terry could too. GMAFB.

I shared my opinion.

And I'm of the opinion that if Terry ever intentionally hit another player in the nuts for no other reason than a personal vendetta towards that player, Pop would point to the end of the bench and tell him to stay there for the rest of the season.

Mugen
04-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Matt Bonner is dirty

-Dirk.

alchemist
04-22-2009, 06:37 PM

bingo.

NRHector
04-22-2009, 06:38 PM

that's their way of asking the refs for help since they can't do it themselves they need 3 more to do the job:flag:

Cry Havoc

And you accuse Spurs fans of being homers. My my. You're better than that. Resorting to personal attacks over a freaking game?

Go find some class.

td4mvp21

So whining to the media about an opposing team's player isn't sissified? K.

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:39 PM
I shared my opinion.

And I'm of the opinion that if Terry ever intentionally hit another player in the nuts for no other reason than a personal vendetta towards that player, Pop would point to the end of the bench and tell him to stay there for the rest of the season.

Terry didnt hit Fin in the nuts because of a "personal vendetta" (They were teammates and friends for a year), it's because Fin tried to tie him up for a jump ball and wouldn't get off of him after the whistle blew and the refs were trying to untangle the scrum. Absolutely does not excuse how JET responded, but what is this "personal vendetta" you speak of?

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM

What's "dumb Spurs fan"-ish about thinking that talking to the media about dirty play is sissified?

Does Bowen cross the line occasionally? Sure. Does that make opposing players complaining about it in the media acceptable? I don't think so.

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
So whining to the media about an opposing team's player isn't sissified? K.

Is it whining? He's just sticking up for his teammate. Dampier should've kept his mouth shut, but I have no problem with Dirk backing him up. All I care about is my team winning 4 games before yours does, so the Spurs can have the War of Words Bulletin Board Trophy.

sonic21
04-22-2009, 06:41 PM
findog vs spurs fans
where are the other mavs fans?

E20
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
wow this si the first time i have ever seen someone call bruce dirty.

hopefully bruce will show dirk up from the bench.

Spursox
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Bruce is just old school...I don't know what the big fuss is about. It's about time the series gets more physical and alittle testy. That's when we find out the kind team they actually have.

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:43 PM
What's "dumb Spurs fan"-ish about thinking that talking to the media about dirty play is sissified?

What makes it sissified? They asked him a question. Dampier started all of this with his dumb remarks. Maybe you don't know how the beat reporters operate, but they have to come up with "storylines" for their "stories" that they have to "file." When Dampier makes their job easy for them, they ask every single person in the Mavs organization, from Cuban, to the coaching staff, to the players, to the trainers, to the hotdog vendor in Section 322 what they think.

Does Bowen cross the line occasionally? Sure. Does that make opposing players complaining about it in the media acceptable? I don't think so.

Why isn't it acceptable? Coaches and players complain about officiating and points of emphasis all the time in hoping of influencing calls in upcoming games.

td4mvp21
04-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Is it whining? He's just sticking up for his teammate. Dampier should've kept his mouth shut, but I have no problem with Dirk backing him up. All I care about is my team winning 4 games before yours does, so the Spurs can have the War of Words Bulletin Board Trophy.

Yeah, it is whining. "Well, their the team with a dirty player and we aren't!" Sounds whiny to me.

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah, it is whining. "Well, their the team with a dirty player and we aren't!" Sounds whiny to me.

I guess. I really don't care either way. Dirk whines, whatever. The Spurs players themselves don't get caught up in this stuff. They just play their game and let that do their talking for them.

Cry Havoc
04-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Terry didnt hit Fin in the nuts because of a "personal vendetta" (They were teammates and friends for a year), it's because Fin tried to tie him up for a jump ball and wouldn't get off of him after the whistle blew and the refs were trying to untangle the scrum. Absolutely does not excuse how JET responded, but what is this "personal vendetta" you speak of?

Wow, you're right. I totally see your point.

It's completely okay for a player to hit a friend in the testicles because he's attempting to go for a jump ball. My mistake. You've completely cleared Terry of his ability to make clear-minded decisions.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

But in all seriousness, that IS my point. Terry has a huge ego. When another player encroaches upon that ego, he loses his cool. Terry makes dirty plays out of spite and anger. When Bowen makes a dirty play, it's calculated. It's to get in another player's head, to help his team. To win. Terry makes plays because he's a punk who wants to prove how much of a thug he is.

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:48 PM

Also, if the Spurs sixth-best player said something like that, would you want Duncan to stick up for him, or just shrug and say "Bonner's on his own with that one?"

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2009, 06:50 PM
What makes it sissified? They asked him a question. Dampier started all of this with his dumb remarks. Maybe you don't know how the beat reporters operate, but they have to come up with "storylines" for their "stories" that they have to "file." When Dampier makes their job easy for them, they ask every single person in the Mavs organization, from Cuban, to the coaching staff, to the players, to the trainers, to the hotdog vendor in Section 322 what they think.

Dirk could have commented on Dampier's stupidity without pointing the finger at the other side. We won't agree on this at all, but I think it's ridiculous that players have reason to believe that negative characterizations of the other team in the media are likely to influence the way a succeeding game is called. With that said, however pragmatic bellyaching in the media might be, it doesn't strike me as dignified -- it seems much more like the ploy of someone who thinks he needs extra help to win. The implication that one needs help to win seems less than a strong one to me, so, yeah, I think it's sissified for Dirk to follow up Dampier's stupidity by adding to the stupidity.

Why isn't it acceptable? Coaches and players complain about officiating and points of emphasis all the time in hoping of influencing calls in upcoming games.

What can I say? I can't remember the last time that Gregg Popovich complained about calls or the way a player was officiated. That certainly clouds my objectivity in assessing the acceptability of whining in the media about the other side. The game would be a better place if that crap demonstrably had no effect on officiating and if bitching about this player or that player, this call or that call went away forever.

Again, it may be pragmatic, but I find it ridiculous.

Cry Havoc
Also, if the Spurs sixth-best player said something like that, would you want Duncan to stick up for him, or just shrug and say "Bonner's on his own with that one?"

A Spurs player wouldn't make a statement like that. They're smarter than that. I don't mind Dirk sticking up for Damp, but he should have done it without attacking the Spurs.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I LOVE this situation. As if the Spurs didn't have enough motivation to beat the Mavs... they certainly have some bulletin board material now. :lmao

Don't wake a sleeping giant. It's a bad idea.

Findog
Wow, you're right. I totally see your point.

It's completely okay for a player to hit a friend in the testicles because he's attempting to go for a jump ball. My mistake. You've completely cleared Terry of his ability to make clear-minded decisions.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

But in all seriousness, that IS my point. Terry has a huge ego. When another player encroaches upon that ego, he loses his cool. Terry makes dirty plays out of spite and anger. When Bowen makes a dirty play, it's calculated. It's to get in another player's head, to help his team. To win. Terry makes plays because he's a punk who wants to prove how much of a thug he is.

Can you name another "dirty" play besides the nut punch? He had an F1 on Tony during the double OT game earlier this season, but that wasn't dirty, he was going for the ball. The F1 from G2 wasn't dirty either, just clumsy. Name another dirty play besides the nut punch. Calling him "out of control" and "dumb" - You're describing JR Rider, not Jet.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2009, 06:51 PM

I'd expect Duncan to say something like: "We know we have to play hard and be aggressive if we want to win." Milquetoast perhaps, but neither whiny nor sissified.

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:53 PM
I'd expect Duncan to say something like: "We know we have to play hard and be aggressive if we want to win." Milquetoast perhaps, but neither whiny nor sissified.

I find it ironic that you call Dirk's comments sissified when he was referring to Bowen. You don't think sliding your feet under a guy is dignified and not sissified? Let's keep "sissified" in context here - Bruce is effective, but he is an absolute sissy cuckold on the court. And yes, I would take him and that effective sissiness on the Mavs.

Biggems
04-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Bowen hasnt even done anything shady in this series....he has just played lockdown D.

on 3 separate occasions, Dirk has shoved Bowen (in his back) out of bounds to get offensive rebounds and putbacks.

Dirk is the one flailing all over the place....dirty tactics.

Dirk better be thankful he played in this era, cause if he played in the Bad Boys era, they would have buried his soft, bitch ass. He definitely wouldn't be living at the FT line after minimal or no contact.

td4mvp21

Not sure. I don't think one of the Spurs' players would say that to begin with so it's kind of a moot point. But if it did, it was stupid in the first place and Duncan probably would think so and not say anything. If he did say something, I wouldn't want him to call out another player on the other team in return. That's just being a bitch.

Spursox
Alot of whining going on already...Time to shut Dallas up! Let's have Bonner put Dampier on his ass and get a flagrant 2 foul at tip-off.

Manufan909

Cuz he's a ninja.:king

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2009, 06:55 PM
I find it ironic that you call Dirk's comments sissified when he was referring to Bowen. You don't think sliding your feet under a guy is dignified and not sissified? Let's keep "sissified" in context here - Bruce is effective, but he is an absolute sissy cuckold on the court. And yes, I would take him and that effective sissiness on the Mavs.

On the court, something can be done about Bowen's play.

Talking the media about it is like telling a parent about Bowen's play.

Biggems
04-22-2009, 06:56 PM

the Mavs organization is sissified and it starts with that whiny little girl of an owner. It trickles down to the rest of the team.

Those punk bitches cried cause Avery was a little bit to harsh and demanding. He yelled too much and it hurt their girlish feelings. If they couldn't handle AJ, no way those clowns could handle Pop.

Spursox
04-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, like if Jason Terry isn't a dirty player, please...I still remember the crotch jab he gave Fin.

Findog
04-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Damp's comments were more of frustration and embarrassment after Parker humiliated him and his teammates on national tv. I'm actually pretty happy that he did say it, because those are remarks of pride, and the Mavs are going to have to have some pride in their effort and execution if they want to win this series. He was dumb to phrase it that way, but all he's really saying is that when you have a guy as good as Parker, it's a good idea to dish out a hard foul here and there.

Fucking whottt himself said the exact same thing before the series in one of your Sky is Falling How Are We Gonna Guard Dirk? threads. Basically, dish out a hard foul now and then so he has to also think about his own comfort and well-being, instead of just how easy it is to score. Then he'll get tentative and start missing a few shots. That's all Dampier is talking about, not getting dirty. Something he should've said to his teammates and not the press.

spursfan1000
04-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Haha this is what their pussy team does when they lose, Dampier gonna foul the shit out of Parker and Dirk talkin shit, pussy shit face.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Something he should've said to his teammates and not the press.

Agreed. The same advice would have been well-placed if given to Dirk.

SA210
04-22-2009, 07:01 PM
That's the thing, they wanted to switch the story and refs looking at Dampier to Bowen. :lol

bbarry
04-22-2009, 07:02 PM
dirk is a pussy. he should just shut up and let his game do the talking.

Findog
04-22-2009, 07:05 PM
On the court, something can be done about Bowen's play.

On the court they could enforce the same rules for Bruce as they do for everybody else. I'm not complaining, Bowen plays for an elite contender, so he's going to get leeway that he wouldn't and didn't get when he played for Miami and Boston.

benefactor
04-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Not that I am defending Dirk or anything...but this is probably less about Dirk taking a shot at Bruce and more about the events surrounding Dampier. Dirk is just doing whatever damage control he can. He knows Ericka screwed up big time and now he is simply attempting to redirect attention away.

Not a big deal for me. We do it in the mental health field all the time.

duncan228
04-22-2009, 07:06 PM
he should just shut up and let his game do the talking.

Duncan fan checking in. :)

EricB
04-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Well played dirk. Now the mavericks will have an even bigger free throw parade. There goes game 3 :pctoss

NRHector
04-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Damn it sure hurts having a Spur poking at a pony's ass:flag:

pimptaddy
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
bowen is dirty like a pile of crap.

Manufan909
04-22-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't like Bowen's approach to the game. I think he has crossed the line into dirty play on numerous occasions. That said, it's not a complaint, just the way things are with the leeway the refs grant him. No use crying about it. I would take him on the Mavericks.

Wow, you're a dumb fuck. Pop wants an Horry-type guy on the team, no how much a poor man's version Bonner is, Pop always hopes The Red Rocket's inner Horry will be one day be unleashed.:nope

onarollbaby
04-22-2009, 07:12 PM
..and I call Dirk a fag

Spursfan092120
bowen is dirty like a pile of crap.
http://www.steveklotz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/liar.jpg

Pinocchio says "That is original and creative."

timvp
:lol @ Dirk backing up Dampier. How many times has he thrown Dampier under the bus?

And what exactly is Dirk backing up Dampier from? From his own words? It's not like this is a war of words. It's basically Dampier said something dumb, Carlisle lied and then Dirk added to the discussion with a woman-ly hidden message. If you are going to call Bowen dirty, at least say his name.

Findog
04-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Wow, you're a dumb fuck. Pop wants an Horry-type guy on the team, no how much a poor man's version Bonner is, Pop always hopes The Red Rocket's inner Horry will be one day be unleashed.:nope

Oh yes, you're the genius one. The Spurs absolutely couldn't use Terry's ability to create his own shot right now with Manu out. No, they need Bonner and his ability to hit 1 three pointer a game. You're right - I saw all those "Bonner is totally fucking awesome" threads after G1. No way the Spurs couldn't use Terry's production to replace Manu's.

Obstructed_View
04-22-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm not bothering to check if this has been posted, but sorry if it has:

Yawn.

shelshor
04-22-2009, 07:33 PM
In Dampier's first eight seasons in the league, he had one flagrant. The Mavs must be dirty :madrun

Didn't the Mavs set a new playoffs record for # of players suspended in 2006?

DPG21920
04-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Nut punching is pretty dirty

Obstructed_View
04-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Flagrant Fouls this season:

Mavericks: 8
Jason Terry: 3
Spurs: 1

Spursfan092120
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Flagrant Fouls this season:

Mavericks: 8
Jason Terry: 3
Spurs: 1
/thread

ElNono
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Four years really makes a big difference:

"He's a step slow on everything," Nowitzki said after the game. "He never got involved in the game. He has always been in foul trouble. The first series was the same thing. He gets a quick two fouls in the first two or three minutes, and we can't be aggressive any more. Then he gets the third foul and has to sit."

Nowitzki continued.

"The bottom line is we've got to get something out of our center position," he said. "We really haven't gotten anything out of it."

Nowitzki also shouted at Dampier as the two ran down the court following a three-point play by Stoudemire over the Dallas center's back.

Dampier lashed back before the team's workout on Tuesday.

"He can say what he wants," Dampier said. "We really didn't get a lot from anyone. This is not a one individual game. It's a team concept. We didn't play the way we are capable of playing, so for him to say something like that is totally stupid."

Mavs coach Avery Johnson said, "You know what's stupid? The way the Mavericks played the last game, that was stupid."

Nowitzki did not back down from his comments.

"I'm not going to change what I said, and I don't think I need to talk to him," he said.

lefty
04-22-2009, 07:52 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/0515/pg2_nowitzki.jpg

jbspurs
04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Dallas doesn't have any dirty players? And the Spurs have one?

Did we just acquire Jason Terry?

Dirty is downgrade when talking about Terry... He is beyond that!

Kamnik
04-22-2009, 07:59 PM
:lmao @ Carlisle lying about his players once again. I see that douche quality is still around from his Pacers day.

Since the 2004-05 season when Dampier joined that Mavs, Dampier has seven flagrant fouls. Not two. Seven.

Guess how many flagrant fouls Bruce Bowen has since the 2004-05 seasons? Zero. Nada. Nein.

So to recap, Carlisle claimed that Dampier had as many flagrant fouls as the Spurs had championships since Dampier arrived in Dallas. The fact is that Dampier has as many flagrant fouls as Duncan and Bowen have championship rings during their careers, while Bowen actually has as many flagrants during that time frame as Mavs have championships in their history.

FR, F!

timvp just slaughtered all people that defy Bruce Bowen!

Cant_Be_Faded
04-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Dampier said today he did not mean to say what he said. It was said "unintentionally".

LOL. Dumbass. Dirk trying to point out that Bowen is dirty in defense of Dampier will go down as one of the Douchiest PR moves in Mavericks history.

This tells me they are scared. If we take game 3, we take this series.

SenorSpur
04-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Um, he's not a PG. Ever think of that? He's an undersized combo guard.

If you don't remember Avery utilizing him at backup PG, you don't know your own team.

By you calling him a chucker, you just made my argument.

lefty
04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3169/bbwedgefinal.jpg

BUMP
04-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Its funny i guess people missed the part where Tony Parker whined and said all Barea did was flop after game 1. Goes both way SpurFan

DPG21920
04-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Its funny i guess people missed the part where Tony Parker whined and said all Barea did was flop after game 1. Goes both way SpurFan

Difference is that: 1) He did not announce he was going to put him on his back. 2) He responded by ass pounding your team, lets see what Damp does 3) No giant d-bag came to TP's side to justify what he said 4) Many of us grilled TP for that, myself included.

Findog
04-22-2009, 08:59 PM
If you don't remember Avery utilizing him at backup PG, you don't know your own team.

Avery STARTED him at PG from his arrival until G2 of the Mavs-Spurs series in 2006. From that point on, he either started at SG alongside Devin or came off the bench as a 6th man. I don't spout off half-cocked about who gets the backup PF minutes in the Spurs rotation, so there is no need for you to make shit up about Avery's rotations.

Listen, I know this may be hard for you to understand, but JET is not a PG, never has been, no matter if his coach stuck him in at the 1. Roger Mason is not a 1, but I see him bringing the ball up the court and running the offense when Tony Parker gets a breather. Tim Duncan was officially listed as Starting PF and Matt Bonner as Starting Center in G2. One is indeed a Center and the other is a Power Forward. I'll let you guess which is which. Devin Harris is officially listed as the starting PG for the New Jersey Nets, but he is no more a PG than Allen Iverson is.

By you calling him a chucker, you just made my argument

Your argument best as I can recall is that he has carried with him the same losing habits and practices from his Atlanta days, and you couldn't be further from the truth.

Findog
04-22-2009, 08:59 PM
its funny i guess people missed the part where tony parker whined and said all barea did was flop after game 1. Goes both way spurfan

four rings faggot!

Flux451
04-22-2009, 09:05 PM
We have #2!

Actually #1:flipoff

BUMP
04-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Difference is that: 1) He did not announce he was going to put him on his back. 2) He responded by ass pounding your team, lets see what Damp does 3) No giant d-bag came to TP's side to justify what he said 4) Many of us grilled TP for that, myself included.

im not supporting Dirk at all in this. the only thing i support is Damp's mindset but not him coming out in the press.

as for Dirk he as better things to worry about.....like maybe showing up

i know im forgetting something

oh yeah SpursHaveFourRings

SouthTexasRancher
04-22-2009, 09:23 PM
It will be such a pleasure when we play the Lakers in the WC Finals. Kobe never whines about Bruce. Kobe thinks Bruce is about as tough a defensive player on him as there is in the league and considers it a challenge to go against Bruce. Kobe will get his points but, he'll work his ass off to get them.

Grow the hell up, Dirkie boy!

lefty
04-22-2009, 09:25 PM
It will be such a pleasure when we play the Lakers in the WC Finals. Kobe never whines about Bruce. Kobe thinks Bruce is about as tough a defensive player on him as there is in the league and considers it a challenge to go against Bruce. Kobe will get his points but, he'll work his ass off to get them.

:tu

BUMP
04-22-2009, 09:25 PM

early 2000's forum

if you guys even get there, its gonna be a sweep :wakeup

SenorSpur
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Avery STARTED him at PG from his arrival until G2 of the Mavs-Spurs series in 2006. From that point on, he either started at SG alongside Devin or came off the bench as a 6th man. I don't spout off half-cocked about who gets the backup PF minutes in the Spurs rotation, so there is no need for you to make shit up about Avery's rotations.

Listen, I know this may be hard for you to understand, but JET is not a PG, never has been, no matter if his coach stuck him in at the 1. Roger Mason is not a 1, but I see him bringing the ball up the court and running the offense when Tony Parker gets a breather. Tim Duncan was officially listed as Starting PF and Matt Bonner as Starting Center in G2. One is indeed a Center and the other is a Power Forward. I'll let you guess which is which. Devin Harris is officially listed as the starting PG for the New Jersey Nets, but he is no more a PG than Allen Iverson is.

Your argument best as I can recall is that he has carried with him the same losing habits and practices from his Atlanta days, and you couldn't be further from the truth.

Look son, I don't have to make up shit about your boy. I've seen him make "lame-brain" decisions on the court - no matter what position he plays.

Since you're so high on trying justify WHY you think all Spurs fans should be clamoring to have him on our squad, I'll give you another reason why not - he's a damn defensive liability. Always has been, always will be.

Findog
04-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Since you're so high on trying justify WHY you think all Spurs fans should be clamoring to have him on our squad, I'll give you another reason why not - he's a damn defensive liability. Always has been, always will be.

Right, which is why Pop has "lock down" guys like Bonner and Gooden in his playoff rotation.

What's the Spurs credo? "You have to play defense to see the court." Which totally explains why Matt Bonner and Drew Gooden are trusted with playoff minutes, but Jason Terry would never be.

BUMP
04-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Right, which is why Pop has "lock down" guys like Bonner and Gooden in his playoff rotation.

What's the Spurs credo? "You have to play defense to see the court." Which totally explains why Matt Bonner and Drew Gooden are trusted with playoff minutes, but Jason Terry would never be.

Shut up MavFan

Spurs 4
Mavs 0

SenorSpur
04-22-2009, 09:36 PM

That's probably the most intelligent point you've made, to this point. Indeed, the Spurs have too many other defensive liabilties on the team already, which make the whole the JET scenario pointless.

DPG21920
04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Bump knows his role.

timvp
04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Pop would cut off his own junk to get Jason Terry on this team. Let's be real. Terry and Manu coming off the bench at the guard spots? That's Pop's wet dream of a duo.

Pop loves for his backup point guards to be shoot a lot, to be extremely confident, not turn the ball over and to bring energy. He doesn't care about passing or decision-making or anything else. JET might be the most perfect Pop backup point guard in the NBA.

cornbread
04-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Dirk's crying about a guy who he's six inches taller than and outweighs by 50 lbs.

Meanwhile Tony Parker is unconcerned with the giant who has threatened to smash him. :lol

SenorSpur
04-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Pop would cut off his own junk to get Jason Terry on this team. Let's be real. Terry and Manu coming off the bench at the guard spots? That's Pop's wet dream of a duo.

Pop loves for his backup point guards to be shoot a lot, to be extremely confident, not turn the ball over and to bring energy. He doesn't care about passing or decision-making or anything else. JET might be the most perfect Pop backup point guard in the NBA.

Not at 10 mil per.

Avitus1
04-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Maybe he should just listen to some Hasselhoff and chill the fuck out.

TwAnKiEs
04-22-2009, 10:03 PM
One more for Bruce's Bitch list! :lmao

lefty
04-22-2009, 10:04 PM
One more for Bruce's Bitch list! :lmao
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3169/bbwedgefinal.jpg

SA210
04-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Yea, Kobe gives him props, but stupid Phil always makes a cry to the refs though.

Shank
04-22-2009, 10:05 PM
TNT broadcast tonight. PJ Carlesimo was asked about the Hornets game 2 adjustments. One of his points?

Get David West untracked.

Borosai
04-22-2009, 10:08 PM
So that's why he lost his HC job?

pawe
04-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Bruuuuuuce!!!!
You cant spell class without a-s-s.

SouthTexasRancher
04-22-2009, 10:34 PM
early 2000's forum

if you guys even get there, its gonna be a sweep :wakeup

Now, now bumpy....Lefty gave it a thumbs up and you talk crap. We've won 3 more NBA Championships since the Lakers last won one. The Lakers don't scare us. They are damn good and there are only 4 teams that actually have a chance of beating them...Portland, Orlando, Cleveland and of course, San Antonio. Dallas is like Utah....both get scared when they go up against them. But, we'll see what happens. Dallas probably matches up with us better than anyone in the West outside of LA & NO. This series will go 6 or 7 games.

Old School 44
04-22-2009, 10:36 PM

+1
Bowen is dirty, Terry is dirty. Do I want Terry on my team? Absolutely not!

ploto
04-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Get ready for the parade to the FT line in Game 3.

Actually, the dirtiest Spurs play I have seen recently has been from Kurt Thomas.

SouthTexasRancher
04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Findog after dinner...http://redpants.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/able.jpg

kobe_bryant
04-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Even I have to laugh :lol

Cry Havoc
04-22-2009, 11:15 PM

That's why we kept S Jax, right?

Biggems
04-22-2009, 11:36 PM
That's why we kept S Jax, right?

I expect more out of you Havoc, I have seen you here for quite a while....you should know the facts about this situation by now.

we gave Jax a reasonable offer, he balked at it due to bad advise from his agent, and walked away from us. he then signed a much smaller contract with the lowly hawks, cause no one else was willing to give him a better or even equal deal like the Spurs were.

well he got his money from Indiana and GS, but would have gotten more rings here.

Cry Havoc
04-22-2009, 11:42 PM
I expect more out of you Havoc, I have seen you here for quite a while....you should know the facts about this situation by now.

we gave Jax a reasonable offer, he balked at it due to bad advise from his agent, and walked away from us. he then signed a much smaller contract with the lowly hawks, cause no one else was willing to give him a better or even equal deal like the Spurs were.

well he got his money from Indiana and GS, but would have gotten more rings here.

Wow. People expect things out of me here at Spurstalk? Have I really made a mark? Okay, okay, don't stroke my ego any further. :lol

What I said was slightly tongue-in cheek, but that's my point. How many guards demanding Terry's or SJax's money would we "love" to have on our team? Of course a player who puts up 19 would be a great guy to have coming off the bench, that goes without saying.

That's akin to dreaming of, "Oh man, how nice would it be to have Yao to put alongside Timmy?"

I just said that I would like to have Terry on the team, but I don't like him as a player.

duncan228
04-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Monroe's take.

Dirk says Spurs, not Mavs, have dirty player (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Dirk_says_Spurs_not_Mavs_have_dirty_player.html)
Mike Monroe

DALLAS — Mavericks center Erick Dampier expressed regret Wednesday for promising to put Spurs guard Tony Parker “on his back” in Game 3 of their first-round series tonight.

Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki defended his teammate as a clean player whose choice of hard words belied a history of fair play.

In fact, Nowitzki asserted that it is the Spurs, not the Mavericks, who employ a dirty player in the series.

Dampier acknowledged hearing from NBA basketball operations officials after he was quoted in Tuesday's Dallas Morning News promising he would put Parker “on his back” the first time the Spurs point guard tried to go to the basket tonight.

He fears the referees calling the game will be watching him more closely, and he predicts the scrutiny he'll face from the officials will be “magnified 100,000 times.”

Nowitzki believes at least one Spur merits watching more closely than Dampier.

“Nobody's trying to hurt anybody,” Nowitzki said, “and Damp certainly doesn't have the reputation of being a dirty player.

“They've got one. We don't.”

Nowitzki didn't identify the dirty Spurs player, but Bruce Bowen has been accused by Mavericks personnel, including owner Mark Cuban, of unsportsmanlike play in the past.

Dampier promised he would defend the paint vigorously in tonight's game, but without malicious intent.

“It's just the game of basketball,” Dampier said. “It wasn't said intentionally to go out and hurt anyone. Fouls happen in the game of basketball. We want to shut down the lane and not give him a lot of easy layups.”

His history, he said, should prove he is not a player intent on wreaking havoc near the basket.

“I've been here for the last five years, and had two flagrant fouls,” he said. “I'm not trying to go out there and intentionally hurt anyone.”

Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle blamed the sting of Monday's blowout loss for words Dampier admits were ill-advised.

“Look, he's a prideful guy,” Carlisle said. “We're a prideful team. We got our (butt) kicked in the second game. Sometimes things are said in the heat, in the aftermath of a loss, that you'd like to phrase a little differently. This is probably one of those cases. We're looking forward to the third game. We know this is a very difficult series, but it's a great matchup and we're excited about the opportunity.”

Dampier was relatively genial when he met the media after the Mavericks' practice at American Airlines Center on Wednesday. He acknowledged taking a lot of ribbing from his teammates about being the center of so much unwanted attention.

When tonight's game tips off, he said, he will be all about business, and that will be clean, too.

“I'm not going to do anything stupid,” he said. “I'm just going to play the best I can. It's playoff basketball. We don't want to give up easy baskets. We just want to protect the paint and not give up easy layups.”

dbreiden83080
04-23-2009, 12:06 AM
“They've got one. We don't.”

Duly noted from one of the great choke artists of all time Dirk, thanks..

phyzik
04-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Yes Dirk, your right, punching someone in the nutsack is nothing to be deemed dirty... What a fucking douche bag.

MrChug
04-23-2009, 12:22 AM
With all this shit-talkin by the blue and gay (errrr...I mean gray), it looks like the Spurs are gonna kick the shit out of the Mavs now (if there's any shit left after their anal douching).

MacGyver
04-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Damp is stupid.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Damn, after we win this series the Spurs are gonna have more mavs to thank than a winning NASCAR driver has sponsors in victory lane.

Pop: "I'd like to thank the league's second best center for bumping his gums, the league's resident choke artist for compounding the issue, the nutpuncher for his all around douchebaggery, Antoine Wright for playing "defense" on Parker, and Mark Cuban for making it all possible......in addition to finding the time to deliver an impressive TKO to a water cooler. What an amazing guy!"

BUMP
04-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Damn, after we win this series the Spurs are gonna have more mavs to thank than a winning NASCAR driver has sponsors in victory lane.

Pop: "I'd like to thank the league's second best center for bumping his gums, the league's resident choke artist for compounding the issue, the nutpuncher for his all around douchebaggery, Antoine Wright for playing "defense" on Parker, and Mark Cuban for making it all possible......in addition to finding the time to deliver an impressive TKO to a water cooler. What an amazing guy!"

whoa whoa whoa

the series is tied buddy. why does spurfan forget that?

we took the split now you have to win in Dallas. highly unlikely

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2009, 02:11 AM
whoa whoa whoa

the series is tied buddy. why does spurfan forget that?

Just standing by my prediction (Spurs in 6) that I made before the series started. It's just my opinion, and it may well be wrong (hey, I predicted that y'all would win it all in '07).

Either way, it's a pretty bad idea to keep giving potential bulletin board material to a team that just beat you by 20+ points, regardless of whether you got a split in their building. San Antonio may say all the right things in the media, but they're still human--they know what's been said, and you can bet they'd love to show dallas up again.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-23-2009, 02:42 AM
Sad to hear a great player saying things like that. What's even worse for the Mavs is that regardless of what happens in the series, regardless whether Bowen is dirty or whether Damp and Terry are nice guys, they will never be able to win anything with a leader with a mentality like that.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-23-2009, 03:05 AM
Jason Terry, anyone? He is one of those snide little fuckers who I'd better has thrown more than one sucker punch in his life, and constantly crosses the line on the basketball court. In game 2, he leveled his shoulder to flatten TP on a drive, and that's the least of about 5 instances I can remember in the last two years.

polandprzem
04-23-2009, 03:27 AM
I have no time to read that thread, but wow once again we are in their heads.
We were in Suns heads all year long -and in playoffs they collapsed.

Dalls willplay hard etc. but if the spurs stay solid with the mind game spurs are the strongest out there.

samikeyp
04-23-2009, 07:02 AM
whoa whoa whoa

the series is tied buddy. why do some spurs fans forget that?

fify

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Dirk is such a Nazi Pussy......

what your gonna cry now just because Bowen , Dwight "Gene Simmons" Gooden, Thomas, Udoka, (and maybe later in the series... Orberto)

....pushed and bumped you around and your crying to Daddy Stern to win the series for you?

I liked the way he was banged up and rubbing his knee...
..oh yeah I forgot...those pushes you were giving to Bruce under the basket what was that.......Nazification?

Findog
04-23-2009, 07:47 AM
The median IQ of this thread just dropped about 50 points. timvp wasn't kidding when he said the worst fans on the board are Spurs fans.

Texas_Ranger
04-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Stupid Mavs.

1Parker1
04-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Say what you want about Bowen, Parker, the Spurs, etc, but I absolutely hate it when players go to the media to complain about another player. You never hear the Spurs or any of their players directly call out another player like that. NEVER. And that's one of the reason's why I love this team.

Ray Allen, Vince Carter, and now Dirk. Just add it to the list.

Notice that the "winners" who Bowen has defended over the years...Kobe, Lebron, Wade...have never complained about him in public.

to21
04-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Bruce is dirty and so is that fuck Eugene.....there's a difference tho'. My only regret is there's no one on the team to lay that fuck out when he goes in for a lay-up.

I thought for sure Bruce was gonna do it after he put Parker on the floor and he went up for that break away lay-up.

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Dirk is gay, no tuffness, no heart.......hes soft as butter. Guy 7ft can has not one post move, not one! He has never developed into the player he could have been. Imagine if he had a post game and some balls.

Dirks only shot at winning a title is to sign with the Spurs in 2010, otherwise he can keep sucking on cubans tit and be one and done every year.

WHY IS RON HORWARD OUR STARTING CENTER?

No it's Miranda From Sex in the City :monkey

Rogue
04-23-2009, 08:02 AM
The median IQ of this thread just dropped about 50 points. timvp wasn't kidding when he said the worst fans on the board are Spurs fans.
it's not the fault of the spurs though. maybe those idiots were just too moronic to know they could choose a team as their favourite while registering, so they just neglected it and became fans of spurs team which is the default option. :lol

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Dirk is gay, no tuffness, no heart.......hes soft as butter. Guy 7ft can has not one post move, not one! He has never developed into the player he could have been. Imagine if he had a post game and some balls.

Dirks only shot at winning a title is to sign with the Spurs in 2010, otherwise he can keep sucking on cubans tit and be one and done every year.

The only thing dirty about Dirk is his panocha.:lol

Y uele a pescado:lmao

timvp
04-23-2009, 08:04 AM
The median IQ of this thread just dropped about 50 points. timvp wasn't kidding when he said the worst fans on the board are Spurs fans.For the record and to make sure my PM box doesn't fill up while I'm gone, I also said the best fans are Spurs fans, too.

:wakeup

Shank
04-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Dirk is such a Nazi Pussy......

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 08:05 AM

AS LONG AS OUR (your) TEAM HAS TITLES YOU CAN BRAG!!!!!!!
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

...oh wait Dallas don't have any:lmao

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 08:06 AM
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

It means he sucks!

Shank
04-23-2009, 08:08 AM
It means he sucks!

I meant the "Nazi" part. What's that supposed to imply?

Rogue
04-23-2009, 08:10 AM

daughter you have forgotten the championship that we won in 2006.

samikeyp
04-23-2009, 08:12 AM
I don't like the Mavs but Nazi smack is uncool. Its even lamer than city smack.

Let's stick to basketball.

to21
04-23-2009, 08:12 AM
You Mav trolls know you're arguing with registered users that are barely old enuff to buy cigarettes right? Hence the weak smack.

Oh wait most of you guys are in the same boat.

samikeyp
04-23-2009, 08:13 AM

That's true, timvp declared it so.

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Wow. People expect things out of me here at Spurstalk? Have I really made a mark? Okay, okay, don't stroke my ego any further. :lol

What I said was slightly tongue-in cheek, but that's my point. How many guards demanding Terry's or SJax's money would we "love" to have on our team? Of course a player who puts up 19 would be a great guy to have coming off the bench, that goes without saying.

That's akin to dreaming of, "Oh man, how nice would it be to have Yao to put alongside Timmy?"

I just said that I would like to have Terry on the team, but I don't like him as a player.

Shame we couldn't keep S. Jack :depressed

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 08:26 AM
I meant the "Nazi" part. What's that supposed to imply?

He sucks just like the "Nazi" Party dose.... all talk and no action!

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't like the Mavs but Nazi smack is uncool. Its even lamer than city smack.

Let's stick to basketball.

True......:hat

samikeyp
04-23-2009, 08:29 AM
True......:hat

Agreed.

but this..
He sucks just like the "Nazi" Party dose.... all talk and no action!

was funny.

Findog
04-23-2009, 08:38 AM

Cuatro Anillos, Puta!

MoSpur
04-23-2009, 08:42 AM
I hope Pop puts Bowen on Dirk tonight and Bowen that Bowen takes him out of his game.

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 08:43 AM

If u want to imply that the measly Conference title you won in '06.

You are taking some serious Kool Aid Crack!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Agreed.

but this..

was funny.

thanks!!!!!

ElNono
04-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Bowen will not do shit tonight, and Dirk is going to have a red carpet parade to the free throw line... I can't believe the NBA.

Useruser666
04-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Sorry, all I have is paint on this machine.

http://img2.pict.com/d4/d8/dd/10409b6b4b0d2eedbcf24a77cf/1ht2Z/bruceback.jpg

samikeyp
04-23-2009, 09:22 AM
A User sighting! :tu

Hook Dem
04-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Fuck findog and all of mavs skank!

nkdlunch
04-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Dirk is a pussy, what's new