PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Sends "Waste" home with Student

Cheeto
04-22-2009, 08:13 PM
This happened in the area where I live.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/43396642.html

West Valley Teacher Sends "Waste" Home With Student

An unexpected surprise in their son's backpack caught some West Valley parents off guard. To put it plainly, it was human waste, with a note attached from his teacher. And the school isn't denying that's what happened.
I spoke with West Valley Superintendent Peter Ansingh, who simply told me "They're working with the family to follow up on this incident. And they are, at this time, still checking into details."

" I'm still kinda in shock over this, because why would somebody do this? It's disgusting," says the boy's father, Jason. It all started on Friday at Apple Valley Elementary, when kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Graham called Jason and told him her classroom was "stinky" and asked if it could possibly be her son. Jason's son had a couple of accidents in the past. So when the teacher called, he says he told her right away, there was an extra set of clothes in his son's bag. But when the 5 year old came home, the boy was still wearing his original outfit, and Jason says his son was completely clean. It wasn't until Jason's wife emptied her son's backpack that they got a big surprise.

Jason says, "She found a clear plastic bag with a piece of fecal matter wrapped up in a brown paper towel with the note on it. This little turd was on the floor in my room. And that's all it says. Q: Nothing else? A: Nothing else. If it was his did she see him do this? Did she follow him around to make sure this was his, did she see it drop out? Or just assume it was his because he had an accident a couple of months ago?"

These are all answers the family doesn't have. Jason did not receive a call from the school or the teacher. The superintendent sent an email to say they were looking into it. But with just a couple months left in this school year, Jason isn't sure he wants his son to stay in her class. " Not only did she put our kid at risk, it's a health risk, but she put other kids at risk too," said Jason.

West Valley Superintendent Peter Ansingh says the district's Human Resources Department spoke to the teacher, Mrs. Graham, and the Apple Valley principal. Mr. Ansingh wouldn't give me any more details on the meeting, but said they'd be talking with the parents further. You can be sure I'll be following up on this story.

MiamiHeat
04-22-2009, 08:15 PM
sounds like they need to potty train their 5 year old. what took them so long?

also, the teacher overreacted. she was angry and this is how she handled it.

further proof that humanity needs a worldwide class on how to manage anger.

Slydragon
04-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I would be piss if they did that to my daughter and if it was a guy teacher I would go with the intent of fucking him up, since it was a female I would hire some dike to kick her ass.

cornbread
04-22-2009, 09:52 PM
I would be pissed if my dad told the newspaper that I had pooped my pants in class.

Fermixalot
04-22-2009, 09:58 PM
I would be pissed if my dad told the newspaper that I had pooped my pants in class.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

That teacher took probably the worst course of action you could have taken in that situation, short of shoving the shit in the kid's face. Bad situation.

Laker Lanny
04-22-2009, 10:02 PM
sounds like they need to potty train their 5 year old. what took them so long?

also, the teacher overreacted. she was angry and this is how she handled it.

further proof that humanity needs a worldwide class on how to manage anger.

I am shocked at your reaction, you of all people should be proud humans are acting more and more like the apes we came from, in fact you should be upset the poor kid didn't toss the turd at the students.

http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/monkey.jpg

ploto
04-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Not that I am defending her way of handling it: I am guessing there have been previous attempts by the teacher to get the parents to address the situation and they have done nothing about it. So, she decided to send it home so they could clean it up, so to speak.

Borosai
04-22-2009, 10:44 PM
The whole situation stinks.

BacktoBasics
04-23-2009, 08:48 AM
It never ceases to amaze me. Every time there is some kind of outlandish incident like this it seemingly takes days to get questions answered. As I parent I would never find myself sitting around waiting for them to gather answers. You'll have a fucking answer for me that day or first thing in the morning.

to21
04-23-2009, 08:58 AM
The school district should move her up to middle school so she can send dirty tampons home so the parents can "fix" it.

PM5K
04-23-2009, 10:10 AM
What bothers me about stories like this isn't the actual act, but the huge lack of any type of common sense.

To do something like this shows poor judgment. How on earth do you do what she did without stopping and thinking to yourself "Maybe this isn't a good idea".

That's what really worries me, because someone that could do something like this could make a lot of other poor choices as well, and some of them could be worse than some poop in a bag.

And what the fuck, didn't this teacher go to college, the best she could come up with was "This little turd was on the floor in my room"?

Ugh, what a waste of time and money...

Phenomanul
04-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Mr. Hanky strikes again....

koriwhat
04-23-2009, 02:52 PM
I would be piss if they did that to my daughter and if it was a guy teacher I would go with the intent of fucking him up, since it was a female I would hire some dike to kick her ass.

agreed.

koriwhat
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
I am shocked at your reaction, you of all people should be proud humans are acting more and more like the apes we came from, in fact you should be upset the poor kid didn't toss the turd at the students.

we didn't come from apes... anthropology is your friend. take a course in it.

Extra Stout
04-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Maybe the kid was on Bowtrol.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Kids have accidents, which is why they are called "accidents". Someone who can't handle a little bit of poop shouldn't be a kindergarten teacher.

tsb2000
04-23-2009, 06:19 PM
For a kid that age to have frequent accidents raises serious red flags regarding abuse. I would have not gone the plastic bag route, but I would have Child Services all over this if I were the teacher.

desflood
04-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Eh... that may be overreacting a bit. My kid in first (and even into second) grade had more than the normal number of accidents at school. Turned out he was just afraid of the bathroom (although, for good reason).

Obstructed_View
04-24-2009, 01:27 AM
For a kid that age to have frequent accidents raises serious red flags regarding abuse. I would have not gone the plastic bag route, but I would have Child Services all over this if I were the teacher.

"A couple of accidents in the past" does NOT equal "frequent accidents", especially for a 5 year old.

Cry Havoc
04-24-2009, 01:34 AM

What the teacher did here is borderline abuse. Can you imagine how bad that little 5 year old must feel?

pkbpkb81
04-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Eh... that may be overreacting a bit. My kid in first (and even into second) grade had more than the normal number of accidents at school. Turned out he was just afraid of the bathroom (although, for good reason).

what is a good reson to be afraid of the bathroom

desflood
04-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Groups of older kids would hang out in the bathroom and wait for a younger student to come in and then beat on them.

Sense
04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Why hasn't this damn thread gotten two pages