PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Lewis vs Gilbert Arenas... whos contract is worse?

Kamnik
04-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Last summer most of the NBA fans got sick seeing these 2 guys getting fat contracts.

Are these GMs really that retarded?

Arenas is permanently injured and even if he wouldn't be he would never get past the first round of the playoffs with his chucking and selfloving.

On the other hand Lewis might be a genius, to get such a contract and be such an average player by NBA standards is really amazing. :wow He is basically the fourth best player on his team. Or not even that...

If i had a choice as a GM to take Arenas, Lewis or Scola (sorry hardcore spurs fans, im not trying to rub it in) for 15 mil a year i would take Scola in a heartbeat.

Kamnik
04-22-2009, 08:19 PM
And yeah... I am watching Philly vs Orlando game.

redzero
04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
I want Orlando to choke! Choke, I say. I was indifferent towards this team until they lost that first game.

Kamnik
04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Lewis just made a clutch basket just to make me look bad :p:

Bob Lanier
04-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Arenas is permanently injured and even if he wouldn't be he would never get past the first round of the playoffs with his chucking and selfloving.
Iverson made it to the NBA Finals, and Arenas is better than Iverson ever was.

If he gets traded to the waning Western Conference and gets a team of good defenders built around him, and can manage to stay on the floor, I see no reason why Arenas can't do as well.

Kamnik
04-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Iverson made it to the NBA Finals, and Arenas is better than Iverson ever was.

If he gets traded to the waning Western Conference and gets a team of good defenders built around him, and can manage to stay on the floor, I see no reason why Arenas can't do as well.

Arenas isnt better than Iverson (maybe right now, but not overall).

I wouldnt expect a Detroit fan to write some even remotely positive towards Iverson for the shit he pulled out right before the playoffs.

Bob Lanier
04-22-2009, 08:45 PM
I wouldnt expect a Detroit fan to write some even remotely positive towards Iverson for the shit he pulled out right before the playoffs.
Don't care what he gives on the court; I love his contract.

Arenas isnt better than Iverson
He's less ball-dominant and far, far more efficient. Neither's much of a passer, but Arenas is the less bad defender. I'll take Arenas if you force me to build a franchise around one of them.

Kamnik
04-22-2009, 08:47 PM
He's less ball-dominant and far, far more efficient. Neither's much of a passer, but Arenas is the less bad defender. I'll take Arenas if you force me to build a franchise around one of them.

If you force me to build a franchise around one of them I would rather go into chess or bonsai making! :P

dallaskd
04-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Arenas is a wayyyyyyyy better shooter than A.I.

Kamnik
04-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Arenas is a wayyyyyyyy better shooter than A.I.

Shooter, yes. Player, not.

Bob Lanier
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Why was Iverson the better player, then?

Kamnik
04-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Why was Iverson the better player, then?

He was even a MVP and he led his team to the NBA finals.

I dont see Arenas achieving any of these 2 things ever in the next century.

He could get to the finals if he was the second or the third best player on his team but not as a leader.

SenorSpur
04-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Arenas' contract is worse. He just signed his last summer. I imagine the Blizzards' management probably had the look of a "groom at a shotgun wedding" the day they offered Gil that contract. They couldn't do a sign-n-trade because he was injured. They didn't want to allow him to walk and they ended up bidding against themselves. After all, he's their only ticket draw. Their mistake was giving a max contract to a player, who is not a max player. Good luck hammering out those dollars for the next 7 years.

Lars
04-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I can't even imagine how horrible it would be if my team spent the next five years trying to compete with Arenas taking years off, via injury.

layupdrill
04-23-2009, 05:32 AM
Arenas better than Iverson? When?

Rogue
04-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Gilbert used to be my favourite player in NBA, but I have to admit that guy has been pretty disappointing since his knee got chafed up by his aweful practices on 3-pointers in 07's summer. however, I still would like to own GA's contract rather than RL's if I were to choose one. Lashard is a decent player but he is definitely less worthful than his 120m/6yr contract, I think we can't expect more in the next seasons from that guy who was born in 79 and used to be an injuryprone. It's still uncertain whether GA is done for his career, hopefully that guy will get 100% wealthy next season and play great games as he used to do before 07's summer.