PDA

View Full Version : im a pistons fan.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 12:33 PM
came from the piston boards what do you think about the pistons hate them like them.

Brodels
03-21-2005, 12:36 PM
I think they'll be very beatable in the playoffs. They could make it to the finals but could easily lose in the second round.

Welcome to the board, by the way.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 12:37 PM
we wont be beaten in the second round we will be playing someone like indiana or cleveland.

Mr. Body
03-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Pistons are very tough, and playing excellent ball right now. Their defense is what does it for them, obviously, but I see them having problems scoring at times. Obviously they didn't last night, but they will. Hamilton and Billups are big, sure, and I really like the addition of Arroyo and McDyess helps a great deal. But if Tayshaun Prince weren't coming along, this would be a team that would have serious droughts.

As it stands, I think I'm picking them over Miami. If San Antonio doesn't get healthy, they may be in line for another championship.

adidas11
03-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Agreed. The Pistons, while having a better record than last year, are terribly inconsistent. And they're clueless on 4th quarter offensive execution. The game against the Utah Jazz, where they had zero (0) field goals in the 4th quarter won't get it done in the playoffs.

A dynasty, they are not.

ducks
03-21-2005, 12:43 PM
they have a much better shot then the cavs,lakers, wolves

picnroll
03-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Really impressed with the growth of Prince. It'll go down to Detroit - Miami.

FromWayDowntown
03-21-2005, 12:48 PM
I totally respect the Pistons and appreciate the way they go about their business. As much as I disliked the Bad Boys, a part of me roots for the Pistons to succeed, because they are very much like the Spurs in the way that they play the game. I appreciate that the Pistons and Spurs players seem to have a great deal of respect for each other. I do think they'll have some trouble with Miami in the playoffs, but they've proven an ability to get it done when it mattered most. They've started to play some really good ball. I only wish we could have seen the Pistons and Spurs at full strength yesterday -- I suspect the result would have been different.

FromWayDowntown
03-21-2005, 12:49 PM
they have a much better shot then the cavs,lakers, wolves

That's the way to go out on a limb, there, ducks.

I think the Pistons have a better chance than say the Hawks, Bobcats, or Hornets, too.

Solid D
03-21-2005, 01:13 PM
I like the Pistons a lot. They are Champions. The have excellent one-on-one players and play great team defense.

Yesterday, they played out of their mind offensively. Delfino stepping back for the 20 footer and Arroyo knocking down 18 footers let the Spurs know they were in for a tough day. Miami and Detroit are both teams who execute well in the half court and could win the ring this season.

nkdlunch
03-21-2005, 01:34 PM
The pistons have a monster team. I can't decide which team has more talent Spurs or Pistons. I hope they both make the finals, it would be a war.

And yesterday it was Delfino, Arroyo vs. Beno, D Brown

Frenchise player
03-21-2005, 01:37 PM
They are a great team, but I always wonder what would they have become if they had picked Wade or Anthony instead of Milicic.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 01:41 PM
yep delfino played prety good for his 2nd game back after mising 50 if he can be a good player off the bench in the playoffs that would be great i realy like him by the time the playoffs do come he will be ready. ya it was great getting arroyo and he is going to be good off the bench but what people dont get is how good of pickup mcdyess was his turaround j in the post is almost unstopable great shooter and rebounder off the bench plus we got campbell back for people like shaq or duncan but those three guys off the bench mcdyess,arroyo and delfino need to play good if they do with are bigs like mcdyess campbell wallacex2 and are great gards i think we can win it again but for some reason i think mcdyess, arroyo,delfino, campbel or hunter is better than james okur williamson campbell hunter i think are bench is better this year than last.

davi78239
03-21-2005, 01:42 PM
I liked how yesterday when the final buzzer sounded, both teams embraced each other with great respect for one another. You really don't see that from a lot of other NBA teams.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 01:44 PM
They are a great team, but I always wonder what would they have become if they had picked Wade or Anthony instead of Milicic.
well i truly belive if we would have taken wade,anthony or bosh we would not have gotten rasheed plus joe d says we like tayshaun at small foward.i like darko i can tell he has a future from the blowouts he has played in already it will still take a few years but larry will be leaving soon so he will get his chance.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 01:45 PM
I liked how yesterday when the final buzzer sounded, both teams embraced each other with great respect for one another. You really don't see that from a lot of other NBA teams.
yes you have to respect both teams for yesterdays game they played hard it was a great game.

davi78239
03-21-2005, 01:48 PM
That's something that I've always thought about too. Denver had the second overall pick in the draft and could of taken anyone else like Carmelo, Wade, Bosh,............
Can you imagine the starting line up had they taken lets say Carmelo or Wade. I often have pondered on that.

picnroll
03-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Thank God the Pistons didn't pick Wade. Carmelo would have been a chemistry killer and butted heads with Brown until one killed the other. Darko doesn't impress me at all. Guy doesn't look like he has any basketball sense. The youngster for GS Biendris looks like 10 times the player that Darko is.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 01:55 PM
That's something that I've always thought about too. Denver had the second overall pick in the draft and could of taken anyone else like Carmelo, Wade, Bosh,............
Can you imagine the starting line up had they taken lets say Carmelo or Wade. I often have pondered on that.
yea but we wouldint have rasheed i would rather have him with prince and darko then have wade or melo with prince.cause darko will become a good player when he gets older.i sense he is almost ready from the difrence of play when he first got here to the last games he has played.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Thank God the Pistons didn't pick Wade. Carmelo would have been a chemistry killer and butted heads with Brown until one killed the other. Darko doesn't impress me at all. Guy doesn't look like he has any basketball sense. The youngster for GS Biendris looks like 10 times the player that Darko is.
huh yea how many times have you seen him play i mean the only times i have are in blowouts and larry lets him in.

picnroll
03-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Probably about twenty in garbage minutes. You seen Biendris?

Wade is on his way to superstardom. Darko? Journeyman. How do you figure getting Wade would have meant no Rasheed?

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Probably about twenty in garbage minutes. You seen Biendris?
honestly not alot only time i see him is when we play against him.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 02:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andris_biedrins/index.html?nav=page
im trying to do some research on this guy.

picnroll
03-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Then you haven't seen him since he just started getting minutes. But he plays when the big boys play, GS is playing great and he's holding his own and then some.

In case you missed my edit
Wade is on his way to superstardom. Darko? Journeyman. How do you figure getting Wade would have meant no Rasheed?

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Then you haven't seen him since he just started getting minutes. But he plays when the big boys play, GS is playing great and he's holding his own and then some.

In case you missed my edit
just from what i have heard in michigan it just sounds like we might not of got him and i dont think we were ever going to draft wade they said they liked bosh.
which was suprising but he looks good now.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 02:07 PM
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/andrisbiedrins.asp
hmmm looks good if he has an offensive game sounds like he is more of a defensive player.

picnroll
03-21-2005, 02:11 PM
He's good around the basket. Has good hands. Good rebounder. Good on drop offs and putbacks. Coordinated. Aggressive. Has a feel for the game. Only a baby. He's going to be a player.

ALVAREZ6
03-21-2005, 02:23 PM
I like Detroit, they're my favorite team in the East.

TwoHandJam
03-21-2005, 02:32 PM
I like Detroit a lot as a team but I don't think they could take the Spurs in 7. Especially if we have HCA. I do expect them to win over the Heat in the east though.

I would be pretty upset as a Pistons fan to see the game hang in the balance with a couple minutes left on my home court playing the Spurs without Tim Duncan and with Ginobili logging very limited minutes since returning from injury.

The Spurs had 3 bench players on the floor in crunch time and even gave the 10-day contract Glover minutes in the fourth. Not the lineup I would expect to see in the playoffs.

Solid D
03-21-2005, 03:36 PM
The problem the Spurs would have versus the Pistons and Heat are the guys with the ball in crunch time...Billups and Wade.

It doesn't matter who's playing, if the game is hanging in the balance in the last 2-3 minutes of the game, those two players are prime time. They are both big, strong and have blue blood running through their veins. The also have the "clutch" chromosome.

FearDaFro
03-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I like Detroit a lot as a team but I don't think they could take the Spurs in 7. Especially if we have HCA. I do expect them to win over the Heat in the east though.

I would be pretty upset as a Pistons fan to see the game hang in the balance with a couple minutes left on my home court playing the Spurs without Tim Duncan and with Ginobili logging very limited minutes since returning from injury.

The Spurs had 3 bench players on the floor in crunch time and even gave the 10-day contract Glover minutes in the fourth. Not the lineup I would expect to see in the playoffs.

You also forget we were missing our leading scorer for the 2nd half. He played, but barely.

And teams often rally when their best player goes down. They play on emotion, and make shots. I don't read anything into it. Only thing I care about is wins and losses. Upset? Hardly.

In any case, I'm confident in my team. If we lose because somebody outplayed us 4 games out of 7, so be it. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Ishta
03-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Props go to the owner who let Timmy borrow his plane... That was very classy. Yesterday's game was fun to watch. A little more Manu and we would probably have won... GO SPURS GO

pistonsfanwe#1
03-21-2005, 06:00 PM
its funny how you guys say timmy manu and on the pistons forum we all say tay rip wallacex2.

FearDaFro
03-21-2005, 06:06 PM
its funny how you guys say timmy manu and on the pistons forum we all say tay rip wallacex2.

...and on the suns forum, I hear they say Steve, Shawn and Amare.......

That's only a rumor though. Don't let it get out.

Ishta
03-21-2005, 06:09 PM
It is pretty funny now that you mention it! Hell, even Pop Calls Tim Timmy!:lol

slayermin
03-21-2005, 07:26 PM
It's hard to hate the Pistons.

They embody everything that is good about the NBA. I am amazed at Sheed's maturation. Also, I am on the Tayshaun Prince bandwagon. He might be the best three in the NBA. I remember watching him at Kentucky and thinking to myself, how is this skinny kid, who only plays offense, gonna make it in the pros?

LB sold him on playing defense and look at him now. Krilenko and Odom are also damn good small forwards, but I would take Prince over those two.

boutons
03-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Tay, as a rookie, broke into NBA awareness, at least mine, in the 03 EC Finals vs Nets. He was absolute clutchness in that series, damn near killed the Nets by himself. Amazing breakout series for him.

It's really too bad he so skeletal, obviously he needs to put 50 lbs upper body mucsle (to match Ben Wallace) if he ever wants to be any good. :)

Tay and Manu should pitch in and share a Personal Trainer. They'd be SO MUCH BETTER bulked up. :)

master ben wallace
03-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Props to the Spurs fans here at the spurstalk, you all seem very knowledgeable and respectful of other teams & fans, nice folks all around. I got here through a posting at the pistons boards at:

http://pistons.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/951103441/m/8091083642

Dex
03-22-2005, 01:36 AM
The Pistons are probably the only other team in this league that I actually like. That is...when we're not playing them. :spin

Granted, I kind of just jumped on the bandwagon during the Finals last summer...Detroit earned my respect merely for not allowing the Lakers to win the title last season. Somebody HAD to do it, and your boys stepped up.

Regardless, in terms of class, Detroit is definitely among the elite. Great players, great coaches, great front office = highly respectable organization. Teams like the Spurs and the Pistons are extremely hard to find in the NBA these days.

Much respect to the Owner for extending his help to Duncan when he got injured, too. That's the kind of stuff you just wouldn't expect from any other team.

Dex
03-22-2005, 01:43 AM
Props to the Spurs fans here at the spurstalk, you all seem very knowledgeable and respectful of other teams & fans, nice folks all around. I got here through a posting at the pistons boards at:

http://pistons.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/951103441/m/8091083642

Thanks, and welcome to the boards.

Feel free to stick around. We could use a few more Pistons pushers around here anyways. Right now we're currently being overrun by fLaker fans. :lol

For the most part, we're all smart, decent, and intelligent folk.

The rest are just here for our amusement and to feed the trolls. :spin

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-22-2005, 07:08 AM
The pistons have a monster team. I can't decide which team has more talent Spurs or Pistons. I hope they both make the finals, it would be a war.

And yesterday it was Delfino, Arroyo vs. Beno, D Brown

well that would be a definate 7 game series right there

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-22-2005, 07:15 AM
[B][I]by the way im new here and a pistons fan too! :)

pistonsfanwe#1
03-22-2005, 11:56 AM
hmm lilprinces are you the lilprinces on the pistons boards???? cause there is somone with that name there

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-22-2005, 01:29 PM
hmm lilprinces are you the lilprinces on the pistons boards???? cause there is somone with that name there

yupp thats me! :princess

pistonsfanwe#1
03-22-2005, 03:57 PM
ok then tell me what you have as a sig there??

jalbre6
03-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Maybe we should have like an envoy to every other teams board (i.e. pooh goes to the Pacers one, FeardaFro to the Detroit one, mouse to the Mavs one, etc) and they can link interesting topics to us here.

I'd read them. Hell, I'd volunteer. What d'ya think?

Kori Ellis
03-22-2005, 04:11 PM
yupp thats me! :princess

I'm not sure that I can allow another Princess here. ;)

Welcome to the board!

CosmicCowboy
03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Much respect to the Owner for extending his help to Duncan when he got injured, too. That's the kind of stuff you just wouldn't expect from any other team.

I'm sure Mark Cuban would have loaned Tim his plane under the same circumstances.

Of course it would have gone down with no survivors somewhere around Marble Falls...:lol

Dex
03-22-2005, 08:15 PM
:lmao

E20
03-22-2005, 08:47 PM
I like Rasheed Wallace.

milkyway21
03-22-2005, 09:44 PM
James had another monster game.
but, hey how could you lose to Cleveland tonight, man?

you think Billups' 6pts, 5rbds,5 assists was enough? what went wrong? :rolleyes

adidas11
03-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Another monster game by the Pistons tonight.

And this is a championship team!? LMAO :lol

ducks
03-22-2005, 11:04 PM
I do not get pistons
they let cavs beat them and they have one star player and a decent big
grant it it was the first game for the new coach but still

FearDaFro
03-22-2005, 11:13 PM
I do not get pistons
they let cavs beat them and they have one star player and a decent big
grant it it was the first game for the new coach but still

THe Pistons have a nasty habit of coasting.....they really don't have anything to play for, so its hard for them to get motivated on the road.

FearDaFro
03-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Another monster game by the Pistons tonight.

And this is a championship team!? LMAO :lol

So, how are your draft lottery prospects coming along?

Get used to it, because that's the only summer entertainment Laker fans are going to have for the rest of the decade.

picnroll
03-22-2005, 11:18 PM
So, how are your draft lottery prospects coming along?

Get used to it, because that's the only summer entertainment Laker fans are going to have for the rest of the decade.
Unless of course Kobe goes to Colorado in the off season again.

adidas11
03-22-2005, 11:40 PM
The Lakers are exactly where I thought they would be at. No disappointment on my part.

Besides, I'm having fun watching Shaq toy with the NBA this season.

ducks
03-22-2005, 11:42 PM
yeah shaq was to big of a chicken to stay with lakers and demanded to be traded knowing he would go to a weak ass east division

to bad ming is doing a good job on your hero tonight
nice 5 t.o.s by shaq so far tonight to :rolleyes

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-23-2005, 06:47 AM
ok then tell me what you have as a sig there??

i have a tayshaun sig and then it says "THA PRINCE HAS FOUND HIS PALACE" and then theres a pic of me n it says "and im gonna be the princess :)"

pistonsfanwe#1
03-23-2005, 01:02 PM
yep thats right!

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-23-2005, 05:57 PM
yep thats right!

see look! i even got my sig here!:D

ALVAREZ6
03-23-2005, 06:00 PM
The Lakers are exactly where I thought they would be at. No disappointment on my part.

Besides, I'm having fun watching Shaq toy with the NBA this season.
And I'm having fun watching the Lakers fail to make the play-offs!

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-23-2005, 06:02 PM
And I'm having fun watching the Lakers fail to make the play-offs!

yeah i have to agree with that lol

dcole50
03-23-2005, 06:26 PM
i have no problem with the pistons. don't hate them or love them. i think they'll lose to miami in the playoffs.

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-23-2005, 06:30 PM
i have no problem with the pistons. don't hate them or love them. i think they'll lose to miami in the playoffs.

i definately have to disagree with u

stéphane
03-23-2005, 06:35 PM
i definately have to disagree with u
lol crazy pistons fans :)
never doing like everybody else, disagreing, writing in blue... :lol

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-23-2005, 06:38 PM
lol crazy pistons fans :)
never doing like everybody else, disagreing, writing in blue... :lol

yep thats me :princess

KEDA
03-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Kori ain't gonna like yer user name thats fer sure!!!

Kori Ellis
03-23-2005, 06:49 PM
:lol

I already commented on it in another thread.

KEDA
03-23-2005, 06:53 PM
just noticed, damn busy day at work, kept me off the forums today

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-23-2005, 06:59 PM
dont get it....whats wrong with my name?

timvp
03-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Kori Ellis is The Princess.

:smokin

P.S.

But it's cool. You are a Detroit fan so it's no competition.

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Kori Ellis is The Princess.

:smokin

P.S.

But it's cool. You are a Detroit fan so it's no competition.

oops, sorry bout that... but i only made this name for 3 reasons... i love tayshaun prince..thats why PRINCE is in caps....and then 2 cuz my boyfriend calls me princess and then 3 i have this name on the pistons boards

adidas11
03-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Another stellar performance by the Pistons tonight.

Kori Ellis
03-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Wow, they got destroyed. Is just Rip out for them?

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-24-2005, 07:54 AM
yeah i wasnt too happy with that game at all. darvin hams out too i think..or at least it looked like him anyways

Rummpd
03-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Loving it in Philly land! On a bad night for Spurs this almost made up for it (not!). Seems like the Pistons have thrown a head gasket!

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-24-2005, 01:27 PM
we really need larry brown back...bad!

pistonsfanwe#1
03-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Loving it in Philly land! On a bad night for Spurs this almost made up for it (not!). Seems like the Pistons have thrown a head gasket!
lol no its hard too understand if you dont watch there every game but there ok.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Another stellar performance by the Pistons tonight.
yes but there is no way it could match your teams last year. :lol
way to own yourself hahaha.

Duff McCartney
03-24-2005, 02:35 PM
I think if you're a Spurs fan..you're obligated to like the Pistons. I mean the teams and coaches are so much alike.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-27-2005, 01:09 AM
we got a win!!!!!!!!!!!

pistonsfanwe#1
03-29-2005, 12:41 AM
we lost.

SequSpur
03-29-2005, 12:42 AM
nba forum

slayermin
03-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Pistons let Dallas take that early lead. To me, it looked like they were cruising until they felt like the Mavs were going to try to blow them out.

mookie2001
03-29-2005, 01:51 AM
det has a great starting five

their backcourt is weak compared to the spurs
i do think they will beat the heat and go to the finals

FreshPrince22
03-29-2005, 03:32 AM
det has a great starting five

their backcourt is weak compared to the spurs
i do think they will beat the heat and go to the finals

Did you just call the detroit backcourt weak??

Here's the backcourt's combined stats:

Pistons:36.3ppg, 10.5apg, 7.3rpg, 2.17spg, a combined 88.2% FT
Spurs: 32.6ppg, 9.9apg, 8.3rpg, 2.94spg, combined 74.3% FT

Plus Chauncey and Rip compliment each other perfectly. Rip is automatic with his mid-range jumper, and Chauncey is the best 3 point shooter by far out of these 4 guys at 41.4%.
________
new developments in Jomtien (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

TwoHandJam
03-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Detroit's backcourt is definitely not weak but factor in that they play in the east and their numbers compared to the Spurs are pretty much a wash.

I don't see Miami beating Detroit in a 7 game series so I'm looking forward to a Spurs-Pistons finals. Should be one of the most competitive finals in years.

PS. Spurs win of course. :spin

Jimcs50
03-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Detroit sucks. Dallas' defense held them to 88 pts and 33 pts in first half.
Let me repeat that...Dallas' defense held them to 88 pts and 33 pts in first half.

boutons
03-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Dallas defense is getting more emphasis so it's not the laffer it used to be, and Pistons can have ENORMOUS difficulties scroring against no-defense teams, so the Pistons defense is useless if they can't score (same for the Spurs).

I now slightly favor Heat to take the EC, since they will have HCA until the Finals. I think Stan has his boys listening to him better than the Larry/whoever does. The world champions, evevn with good improvements in the bench, were a basket case for most of Nov/Dec, with Larry bitching to the press about "having to coach effort". With one ring, I'm not sure they will put up enough with Larry for a serious effort to repeat. The Heat are "Virgins of the Ring" and it's all new and exciting for them.

pistonsfanwe#1
03-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Detroit sucks. Dallas' defense held them to 88 pts and 33 pts in first half.
Let me repeat that...Dallas' defense held them to 88 pts and 33 pts in first half.

:lol :rolleyes