PDA

View Full Version : Hornets are a joke

BUMP.
04-23-2009, 02:15 AM
Yeah i know there really arent any Hornets fans here but welcome to reality. You're doing what you're supposed to do. Lose in the first round. Championship my ass. You guys always talk about how the Mavs are led by a choke artist while you guys cant even get past the 2nd round. EVER

Sure you guys were pretty good last year at Dallas' expense, but id trade one first round victory for 9 straight 50 win seasons and multiple playoff series wins and a Finals appearance. idk even know what you guys did in Charlotte expect be a first round stepping stone for Chicago for years. I just see the Charlotte logo after watching MJ highlights, dunk after dunk

as soon as Chris Paul leaves you guys can go back to being.......well, the Hornets

Ghazi
04-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Last year was a fluke year.

Same roster as last year, only difference is the shots ain't fallin.

pauls931
04-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Send Paul to Pho to replace nash...

lefty
04-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Sons,

Hornettes blow....

Sons

Double-Up
04-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Last year was a fluke year.

Same roster as last year, only difference is the shots ain't fallin.

It may have been but Peja and Chandler are pretty beat up this year and they also lost what little bench they had. CP3 ain't Jesus.

Pelicans78
04-23-2009, 10:16 AM
The biggest problem is the dropoff on defense compared to last season. Our defense was really strong with steals and rebounds which allowed us to get easier baskets. This season the defense hasn't been the same which is why Denver is scoring at will. Obviously Peja on Carmelo is a huge mismatch, but I think we need to see more of Antonio Daniels on Billups instead of Butler, Brown, etc. Also, we're not rebounding well and its giving Denver more possessions. Last season Chandler was an automatic double-double, this season hasn't been the same. We don't create enough transition opportunities compared to last season. I think we need to start Posey at SF and leave him in the game whenever Carmelo is on the floor and bring Peja off the bench.

Pelicans78
04-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Also, we need to stop doubling so much and guard their 3-point shooters. Let Posey guard Carmelo one-on-one, let CP3 guard Billups instead of Butler, let Chandler guard Nene by himself in the paint. There's no reason to double-team every possession. We need to play good man-to-man defense in order to have a chance. If we have to help every single position, its over.