PDA

View Full Version : Who needs Game 3 more?

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2009, 03:09 AM
The Spurs avoided going to dallas in an 0-2 hole with their blowout win Monday night, but most dallas fans are happy to have gotten the split at the AT&T Center. As the series shifts to American Airlines, it's hard to say who needs this win more. Obviously, both squads want the 2-1 lead, but I'm inclined to think that a win would be bigger for the mavs than for the Spurs. Considering their shellacking in game 2 and the subsequent stirring of the pot with the media (Dampier on Parker; Nowitski ostensibly on Bowen), if the mavs fail to protect their home court in game 3, the momentum from the Spurs' 2 straight wins would be palpable and could well weaken the resolve of a mavs team whose character has been continually called into question. The Spurs, on the other hand, would be loathe to panic if they lose game 3. After all, they were down 3-1 to the mavs in '06 before forcing a game 7, and even though some of the personnel has changed, this is still essentially the same team that was down 0-2 and 3-2 without HCA last year against a young Hornets squad (without a 100% Ginobili).

Not saying the mavs would come completely unhinged if they lose Thursday night, but it's not a stretch to say San Antonio would handle 1-2 far better than mavs nation would.

Here's to a hard fought Game 3! :flag:

Ghazi
04-23-2009, 03:14 AM
Mavs need it more to keep home court in the series.

SA210
04-23-2009, 03:19 AM
I want to say the Spurs, cuz we need to be consistant if we want to make it far in these playoffs. I say we get this next one, we send a good message and we get alot of confidence that we can go far without Manu, instead of us losing one, then winning one and so on till we make a horrible exit.

I say Spurs, then we march on.

:flag:

Spork KIller
04-23-2009, 03:27 AM
The Spurs avoided going to dallas in an 0-2 hole with their blowout win Monday night, but most dallas fans are happy to have gotten the split at the AT&T Center. As the series shifts to American Airlines, it's hard to say who needs this win more. Obviously, both squads want the 2-1 lead, but I'm inclined to think that a win would be bigger for the mavs than for the Spurs. Considering their shellacking in game 2 and the subsequent stirring of the pot with the media (Dampier on Parker; Nowitski ostensibly on Bowen), if the mavs fail to protect their home court in game 3, the momentum from the Spurs' 2 straight wins would be palpable and could well weaken the resolve of a mavs team whose character has been continually called into question. The Spurs, on the other hand, would be loathe to panic if they lose game 3. After all, they were down 3-1 to the mavs in '06 before forcing a game 7, and even though some of the personnel has changed, this is still essentially the same team that was down 0-2 and 3-2 without HCA last year against a young Hornets squad (without a 100% Ginobili).

Not saying the mavs would come completely unhinged if they lose Thursday night, but it's not a stretch to say San Antonio would handle 1-2 far better than mavs nation would.

Here's to a hard fought Game 3! :flag:

Stupid question by a stupid spurm fan...

Who Need it more??

THE FUCKIN' SPURMS You Idiot!

Do you realize your pathetic team lost Game 1 and Lost Home Court?

I swear these Spurm fans are the most lamest fans in the world!

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2009, 03:35 AM

Who Need it more??

THE FUCKIN' SPURS You Idiot!

I realize you're a suns fan, so I'll say this slowly:

SA........tends.......to.......handle........press ure........better.

I just wanted to see who thought the same way. Spurs have said all year they don't give a rip about HCA, and that's hard to dispute given their track record on the road in the playoffs (I believe SA has the 2nd-best road win pct. in the postseason, somewhere around .420).

Anyway, you should know this firsthand. Last time phoenix had HCA against the Spurs, they lasted only 5 games.

romain.star
04-23-2009, 03:40 AM
I realize you're a suns fan, so I'll say this slowly:

SA........tends.......to.......handle........press ure........better.

I just wanted to see who thought the same way. Spurs have said all year they don't give a rip about HCA, and that's hard to dispute given their track record on the road in the playoffs (I believe SA has the 2nd-best road win pct. in the postseason, somewhere around .420).

Anyway, you should know this firsthand. Last time phoenix had HCA against the Spurs, they lasted only 5 games.

why answering ? He're just playing his game
You want to shut him down? Just stop replying

SA210
04-23-2009, 09:24 AM
bump

nkdlunch
04-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Dallas does. Dallas loses and pressure is on them. and we know how they handle pressure :lol

sribb43
04-23-2009, 09:31 AM
bigger game for the Mavs, if Spurs lose then they can still steal game 4 and take back HC

loveforthegame
04-23-2009, 09:50 AM
It's more important for the Spurs. Better to get this game and get HCA back. With little time in between games 3 and 4 Duncan's knees could be a huge factor.

Supergirl
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
If the Spurs win, they will squeak out a win in Game 4 and close it out at home in 5 games. After a blowout like Game 2, if the Mavs can't bounce back, they are dead in the water.

If the Spurs lose, the Mavs will be back in the series, Spurs will have to work hard to win Game 4, and then go on to win it in 6 or 7 games.

41times
04-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Absolutely 100% the Mavs need Game 3 more.

If the Mavs win game 3 they regain the momentum they had after game 1. They set the tone for game 4 and they assure themselves another home game in game 6 if needed.

If the Mavs lose game 3 they will have given all the momentum to the Spurs, lost home court advantage and would be forced to win at least 1 more game in San Antonio.

If the Spurs lose game 3 they still have another chance to split and take back home court.

Must win for the Mavs. period.

SA210
04-23-2009, 10:01 AM
If the Spurs win, they will squeak out a win in Game 4 and close it out at home in 5 games. After a blowout like Game 2, if the Mavs can't bounce back, they are dead in the water.

If the Spurs lose, the Mavs will be back in the series, Spurs will have to work hard to win Game 4, and then go on to win it in 6 or 7 games.

Agree with this :tu

MoSpur
The Spurs need it more I think. Not saying they will lose the series if they lose tonight, but it would really increase their chances of winning the entire series if they take tonight's game. The Spurs will then get that killer instinct for game 4.

lefty
What a stupid question

They both need that win

Rogue
04-23-2009, 10:05 AM

Who Need it more??

THE FUCKIN' SPURMS You Idiot!

I pledge you that the spurs won't win the game 3 or 4 or even game 6, though they need them more than our boys in blue do. I thought you would be lurking from the postseason and sitting in couch together with suns players watching the playoff games on TV.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Mavs need the win more.

If the Spurs win game 3, the series is most likely over. The Spurs could very well win Game 4 as well.

The Mavs need this win to hold serve. If they lose any more momentum, you will see rushed shots and a team that is under a lot of pressure in game 4.

Even if the Spurs build a big lead tonight, you might see a lot of tightness exhibited by the Mavs players.

hater
04-23-2009, 10:33 AM
this could very well go similar as last 2006 series went.

Mavs will win both games at home making it 3-1. Spurs win in SA and win game 6 in Dallas.

thus setting up a game 7 free for all batlle royale

mytespurs
04-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I would say the Spurs however like others, I think the Spurs can recover from a deficit moreso than the Mavs. So even if they lose, they'll find a way to eek out a couple of wins to take it back to SA.

RedRaider
04-23-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Mavs need game 3 more than we do..

41times
04-23-2009, 02:27 PM
The Real Question is: Who Wants Game 3 more!

Because that is who is going to win the game.

Trimble87
04-23-2009, 02:30 PM
If we win game 3 then the series is over imho. If we lose game 3 then we can still win game 4 to even the series up and regain HC. 100% the Mavs need this win more.

Agloco
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Mavs need it more to keep home court in the series.

Agreed. The Spurs have two shots. IMO both games are must wins for Dallas.

anjlbitz
04-23-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm just hoping that the Spurs play like they need game 3 more than the Mavs.

lefty
04-23-2009, 03:57 PM

Mavs will win both games at home making it 3-1. Spurs win in SA and win game 6 in Dallas.

Except that Manu won't be around to bail Dallas out

Mavs and their fans are depressed

spursfan1000
04-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I would say the Mavs need to win tonight more than the Spurs. The Spurs have proved they can come back when they are down in games. If Spurs win tonight the Mavs will just need to pull out the white flag before they embarase (dont know how to spell it) even more.:flag:

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2009, 04:09 PM

Honestly, my gut tells me it's gonna be another split in dallas. Not gonna say who I think is gonna win game 3 and game 4, but it's just hard for me to imagine that Pop and the Spurs would fall into the same 3-1 vise of 3 years ago. Of course, bad decision making in crunch time (and the ever-present whistle of the referee) could still push them into said trap, but I hardly believe the Spurs' unflappable demeanor would be daunted by even a dire 3-1 hole.

Right now, I'm just going to be optimistic and root for at least a split in the little d! :)