PDA

View Full Version : Joey "the douche" Crawford reffing tonight

Creation88
04-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Crawford reffing tonight. very interesting. :ihit

San Antonio @ Dallas J. Crawford D. Collins E. Rush

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

c'mon, Spurs go in there and play your game, don't worry about Damp or Crawford. :flag:

Creation88
04-23-2009, 08:31 AM
couldn't change the title of the other thread, please lock that one.

samikeyp
04-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Tim needs to just go up to Crawford and give him a big hug and say "love ya!"

Takes Joey right out of the game! :lol

completely deck
04-23-2009, 08:33 AM
how convenient.. :bang

Shank
I love Joey's little waddle run he does with his arms clinched up into his armpits. I bet the dude reeks of Aqua Velva.

baseline bum
Wow. Joey Crawford and Eddie F Rush. Spurs are gonna lose by 30.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-23-2009, 08:34 AM
And Mavs will go to the line 60 times, including all of their points in the 4th quarter.

Already seen that. Not funny.

spurspokesman
04-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Tim needs to just go up to Crawford and give him a big hug and say "love ya!"

Takes Joey right out of the game! :lol
:lol Yeah be the bigger man. We have enough to worry about tonight. Now Joe blow:downspin: What A rush.

Creation88
04-23-2009, 08:35 AM
what's our record against Crawford since "the incident"?

timvp
04-23-2009, 08:36 AM
WTF. Crawford in Dallas at the scene of the crime in a must-win game for the Spurs?

Thank you, NBA. Fantastic decision.

And yeah, Eddie F. Rush is probably even worse news :lol

Spursmania
04-23-2009, 08:40 AM
I called this one as soon as Damp made that pathetic comment. I'm sure many posters thought the same thing. The NBA would put Joey fucking Crawford at an important game 3 at Dallas. Damp's pathetic comment could have helped us a bit, but with Joey reffing, the Spurs will get absolutely no love. On the contrary, Joey will do everything in his power to let Damp maul Timmy and TP will not get as many fouls called when he drives to the lane. Thank you fucking Stern.:flipoff

Spursmania
04-23-2009, 08:42 AM
On the positive, after tonight, the "Queen Crawford" will be out of our hair for a few games. And, he won't be reffing in SA for game 5.

ElNono
04-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Eddie Rush is bad, bad news. That guy is a major douche. Fuck this shit.

Texas_Ranger
04-23-2009, 08:44 AM
this is just funny :lol :lmao :rollin

Spursmania
04-23-2009, 08:45 AM
We might as well laugh, cause it's gonna be one ugly game:lol

Extra Stout
04-23-2009, 08:46 AM
I was thinking about starting a thread saying that with all the attention the Mavs say they are going to give Parker, if Tim were feeling at all spry it would be a real opportunity for him to...

Never mind. Joey Crawford is officiating. Tim will spend the whole night in foul trouble and play maybe 28 minutes, get 11 points and 6 rebounds.

Eddie F. Rush is in the house. The Mavs will shoot 40+ free throws. Tony Parker will spend the night getting bludgeoned with no calls. Dallas 103, Spurs 78 is in the offing. Roger Mason or Matt Bonner to lead the scoring.

What's the spread? Dallas by 4? Easy money giving those points.

On to Game 4.

Creation88
04-23-2009, 08:48 AM
WTF. Crawford in Dallas at the scene of the crime in a must-win game for the Spurs?

. . . it was Crawford . . . in the American Airlines Center . . . with the ego.

http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crawfordmaid.jpg

ElNono
04-23-2009, 08:49 AM
We should just rest for Saturday. We could have a chance with just Joey or just Eddie, but both? This is gonna be difficult to watch (and not just coz the game is on NBA TV)

Shank
04-23-2009, 08:50 AM
We should just rest for Saturday. We could have a chance with just Joey or just Eddie, but both? This is gonna be difficult to watch (and not just coz the game is on NBA TV)

Shaping up for Violet Palmer on Saturday, though.

Indazone
04-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Crawford reffing tonight. very interesting. :ihit

San Antonio @ Dallas J. Crawford D. Collins E. Rush

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

c'mon, Spurs go in there and play your game, don't worry about Damp or Crawford. :flag:

Automatic L for San Antonio and at least one technical on a key player.

ElNono
04-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Shaping up for Violet Palmer on Saturday, though.

Anything but those two douches. I mean, the odds in Vegas have just swing violently towards the Mavs.

Spursmania
04-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Anybody but those 2 fucking Bozo's. The NBA must have some sense of humor.

Das Texan
04-23-2009, 08:56 AM
maybe pop can get rung tonight.

manufan10
04-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Deep down, we all knew this was going to happen. Especially after Damp's remarks.

ElNono
04-23-2009, 09:09 AM
We need a vBookie for Nowitzki free throw count tonight... I would set the over/under at 40...

Mal
04-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Fucking great. Important game so NBA helps Dallas to extend serie to 6

nkdlunch
04-23-2009, 09:23 AM
no point crying about it now. Time to nut up and pray Joey is not on his period tonight

polandprzem
04-23-2009, 09:23 AM

&1

Both sucks muchly

ElNono
04-23-2009, 09:25 AM
no point crying about it now. Time to nut up and pray Joey is not on his period tonight

I wish it would be just Joey. Rush is a home cooker d-bag.
I just hope nobody laughs in the bench tonight... Pop needs to ban jokes for this game.

Shank
04-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Both sucks muchly

I know there's a little bit lost in translation, but I love this line :)

SA210
04-23-2009, 09:28 AM

sribb43
04-23-2009, 09:29 AM
If Damp as much touches TP I can see it being called a flagrant by Crawford. I think the NBA assigned him to this game bc of whats been said through the media bc the NBA knows he will put a stop to anything that happens....ejections, T's, flagrants, you name it and Joey will call it

Cant_Be_Faded
04-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Tim Duncan will get shanked in the stomach and still no foul call

nkdlunch
04-23-2009, 09:30 AM

:lmao

so funny cause it's true

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Good news is this is the best possible scenario for the Mavs. If the Spurs win, it will absolutely crush the Mavs. If they cannot win with no Ginobili, at home, after getting embarrassed, with Crawford officiating, then they are mentally screwed.

Creation88
04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Good news is this is the best possible scenario for the Mavs. If the Spurs win, it will absolutely crush the Mavs. If they cannot win with no Ginobili, at home, after getting embarrassed, with Crawford officiating, then they are mentally screwed.

you can already tel we're in their head . . . dirk's comments directed toward Bruce and Damp's idiotic statements.

Walton Buys Off Me
04-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Cue the WWE theme music.

DPG21920
Hopefully the Mavs see this a breathe a sigh of relief thinking they will get calls. Hopefully they are banking on the refs. Doubt it.

Just play the damn game. Spurs backs are now firmly planted against the wall, so lets see how they respond.

ElNono

This game is the game to win. While game 4 is normally the pivotal game in a series, if we could take this game, we would get HCA back and the pressure would be entirely on the Mavs going forward. Not to mention that Game 4 is an early game, which does not favor the Spurs.
I wanted to see Javie on this one, then they could have put Crawford on Game 4. Wishful thinking, I know.

GSH
04-23-2009, 09:50 AM

That's like being thankful for all my stock market losses, because there's a chance I could win the MegaMillions and be ahead overall. I'd rather win the game with legit referees, and take my chances with the Mavs being psyched out anyway.

Gervin44Silas13
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
I wish someone could really Kill and Maim....Joey Crawford...

I know lets get Bruce to inadvertly give him a cheap shot to knock him out out of the game, or take out his knee "by Accident"

I told you Dirk started crying to Daddy Cuban Stern!

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
This game is the game to win. While game 4 is normally the pivotal game in a series, if we could take this game, we would get HCA back and the pressure would be entirely on the Mavs going forward. Not to mention that Game 4 is an early game, which does not favor the Spurs.
I wanted to see Javie on this one, then they could have put Crawford on Game 4. Wishful thinking, I know.

I know and that is my point. If the Mavs lose when all signs point to them winning, it will go a long way to destroying team psyche.

lefty
04-23-2009, 09:52 AM
I told you Joey was going to ref that one.

Everybody was like : " yay, we're gonna get 50 FT's thanks to Dampier "

I saw that one coming .

loveforthegame
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
What a crushing blow to the Spurs.

It'll be tough but they need to play through the calls the Mavs will get. I bet they get at least 40 ft attempts.

The Spurs need to resist complaining to the refs because it won't help. Just play through it and hope the good guys win in the end.

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 09:55 AM
That's like being thankful for all my stock market losses, because there's a chance I could win the MegaMillions and be ahead overall. I'd rather win the game with legit referees, and take my chances with the Mavs being psyched out anyway.

No because a stock market loss, is just that, a loss. If the Spurs WIN, it would be like buying stock in company and then right after you do you hear that they hire a new CEO and his name is Ken Lay. Then for some magical reason, the price soars because of the audacity of the move and you win and sell high baby.

Shank
04-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Depends on what Mavs team shows up. If they resort to shooting jumpers and playing soft D all night, they'll lose regardless of the ref assignment.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-23-2009, 09:57 AM

that's why the game is on NBAtv -- so nobody will see the crime :lol

ElNono
04-23-2009, 09:58 AM

It'll be tough but they need to play through the calls the Mavs will get. I bet they get at least 40 ft attempts.

The Spurs need to resist complaining to the refs because it won't help. Just play through it and hope the good guys win in the end.

Or smiling to them...

temujin
04-23-2009, 09:58 AM
I thought italian soccer was rigged enough,
to become rich upon invest... pardon, betting,
but now, the NBA is a freaking GOLDMINE.

I think Stern wants small market teams out of the way as soon as possible.

Good news for Houston, actually.

nkdlunch
04-23-2009, 10:00 AM
you cannot just assign to a crucial playoff game, the same guy that refused to apologize for throwing Duncan out for laughing and challeging him to a fight.

FUCK THE NBA!!!!!!!

ElNono
04-23-2009, 10:01 AM
you cannot just assign to a crucial playoff game, the same guy that refused to apologize for throwing Duncan out for laughing and challeging him to a fight.

FUCK THE NBA!!!!!!!

Or fucking ruined any little chance we had in last year's WCF with a non-call, at home nonetheless.

Libri
04-23-2009, 10:02 AM

epic battle of good vs evil

zepn
04-23-2009, 10:15 AM
During/after the game tonight, please remember all the posts on this thread when the clueless morons rag on people for bitching about the refs.

"Ref's never affect the outcome of a game".

"Don't be a whiner, the Spurs still should have won even with a 46 point free throw disparity".

"The Mav's were being more aggressive - constantly going to Dork's 15 foot fade-away jumpers"...

The ref's could send Dork to the line 50 times and some mouth-breather would still manage to fuse a couple synapses together long enough to type "It's not the ref's fault we _____".

Borosai
04-23-2009, 10:21 AM
God is a Lakers fan, but Satan is a Mavs fan. And a ref. At least I won't be able to watch the game.

xtremesteven33
04-23-2009, 10:22 AM
I hope that Hawk from the Atlanta game shows up and picks him in the eye.

Avitus1
04-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Mother fucker....

hater
04-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I love Joey's little waddle run he does with his arms clinched up into his armpits. I bet the dude reeks of Aqua Velva.

Crawford looks like a baby TRex with his short little freaky arms.

http://janetskiles.com/ART/license-art/digital/baby-t-rex.jpg

Warlord23
04-23-2009, 10:30 AM
If the refs do screw us over, I hope they do it early in the game so Pop can rest our starters in the second half. I'm gonna be pissed as hell if the Spurs put up a terrific fight and have it taken away from them on a few late whistles.

ElNono
04-23-2009, 10:32 AM
If the refs do screw us over, I hope they do it early in the game so Pop can rest our starters in the second half. I'm gonna be pissed as hell if the Spurs put up a terrific fight and have it taken away from them on a few late whistles.

You mean like the Brent Barry call in last year's WCF? :depressed

Budkin
04-23-2009, 10:34 AM
No way in hell we win tonight. I can't believe Stern is allowing this bullshit. Oh wait, yes I can.

Warlord23
04-23-2009, 10:35 AM

Exactly. No amount of alcohol is enough to live down games like those. I'd rather have Pop give Timmy a long rest and put in Ime with explicit instructions to knee Dirk in his vagina

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Look, the Mavs are a tough match-up anyways. Like others have said, if the Spurs come out with the same energy and focus on defense/rebounding, they will be in this game. Let it play out before you go crazy.

Budkin
04-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Oh damn... we have Eddie T. Rush reffing too? We're going to lose by 20+.

ElNono
04-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Look, the Mavs are a tough match-up anyways. Like others have said, if the Spurs come out with the same energy and focus on defense/rebounding, they will be in this game. Let it play out before you go crazy.

I'm definitely gonna watch. That said, I won't be surprised if the free throw disparity is 20+, as a matter of fact, I will be pleasantly surprised if that doesn't happen.
And you can't flat out say that doesn't change the outcome of a game.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2009, 10:39 AM

The point is that sometimes officials determine exactly how you can play the game. If they are letting Damp & Co. mug Timmy on one end and calling touch fouls on the other side of the court, of course the Mavs will appear more aggressive than the Spurs, because they are allowed to be more aggressive without fouling out.

Oh well.

This kind of stuff shouldn't happen, but it does.

If we can win this game, I wouldn't put anything past these Spurs. They just have to come out and set the tone before the officiating can take over the game (and when Joey Crawford is officiating, I guarantee you that the officiating will be in the spotlight).

hater
04-23-2009, 10:43 AM
one thing is for sure. Dallas got the green light to beatdown Timmy in the paint tonight

Spursmania
04-23-2009, 10:43 AM
What happened to letting the guys play and being consistent. It's non-existent with these fuckers. Damn the NBA.

These 2 monkeys (Rush and Crawford) are a joke and coupled with their egos will make for a very frustrating night for the Spurs. Dallas is probably smiling right now because they know tonight just got easier for them.

TDomination
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I know Crawford but Rush slips my mind.

Did he do any of the Mavs/Spurs games in 06? Particularly games 3 or 4???

Well either way, hopefully the Spurs can overcome everything and win. And because of the quick turnaround, it makes game 4 that much tougher.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2009, 10:51 AM

Just make sure not to mention the two bad calls the Spurs got in their favor right before that, or the impression that Joey Crawford cost the Spurs a win they actually deserved will be blown.

zepn
04-23-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm definitely gonna watch. That said, I won't be surprised if the free throw disparity is 20+, as a matter of fact, I will be pleasantly surprised if that doesn't happen.
And you can't flat out say that doesn't change the outcome of a game.

Agreed. :toast

It obviously changes the outcome, the point spread, the over/under, etc.

But the morons will once again crawl out of their holes tonight and expose their ignorance...

shelshor
04-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Derrick Collins has a track record that isdistinctly pro-Mavs
http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nba/matchups/g5_referees_2.html

hater
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Derrick Collins has a track record that isdistinctly pro-Mavs
http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nba/matchups/g5_referees_2.html

goddam Rush is a home Iron Chef!!

lurker
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM

This is not a must-win for the Spurs. :lol They could lose this game and still win the series. If you guys are that worried about Crawford, you should be glad that's he only working game 3 and not a game that will decide the series.

ElNono
04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Just make sure not to mention the two bad calls the Spurs got in their favor right before that, or the impression that Joey Crawford cost the Spurs a win they actually deserved will be blown.

Yeah, but you know what. The Lakers had time left to do something about it. We didn't.

BUMP
04-23-2009, 11:01 AM
:lmao at all these scared Spurfans.

if they are already freakingout before this game, i cant even wait to be in here while we're giving them their beat down and then they cry thenselves to sleep.

should be a fun night....for Mav fans anyway :lol

rascal
04-23-2009, 11:03 AM

Why is it a must win? Spurs could lose game 3 and take game 4.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah, but you know what. The Lakers had time left to do something about it. We didn't.

Yeah, they had time to get a make-up call. :lol

pimptaddy
04-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Already blaming the refs? LMAO! WIll it ever stop? Spurs fans blame refs for every loss.

rascal
04-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Already moaning about the officials. Now there is a built in excuse for a spur loss. The spurs were in for a tough game tonight anyways.

Its the mavs playoff home opener and they will be pumped up and playing hard. Game 4 will be the easier game to take of the two in Dallas.

ElNono
04-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah, they had time to get a make-up call. :lol

:lol

pimptaddy
04-23-2009, 11:15 AM
http://img278.imageshack.us/img278/6219/dampier3mq3dv.jpg

Tony Parker better stay out of the paint.

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 11:16 AM
I am pumped about this game. Now the Spurs really have that "bunker" mentality that Pop always talks about.

I can see Pop in the locker room: "Guys, look around. The guys in this locker room are all you have. If you are going to win tonight, it is going to be on each and everyone of you. You are not at home. There is no one here to help you. You have 20,000 screaming people who hate you and want you to lose with every ounce of their bodies. The refs are not going to help you. They are not going to do you any favors or make life easier just because you are the Spurs. You have a team that you are playing against that lives, breathes and dreams of defeating you. There is no help coming. This is the group you are going to win with. Right here. Right next to you. So play like men."

urunobili
04-23-2009, 11:31 AM
:lol at Crawford vs us tonight... lame

Borosai
04-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Spurs in 5 = must win tonight. End of story. Get over it.

in2deep
04-23-2009, 11:33 AM

:lmao I had seen that pic b4 but never notice Damp had a hold of someone's shorts with the other hand.

what a filthy motherfucker

crc21209
04-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Well thats just fucking great. The NBA is full of shit to send Crawford AND Rush to Dallas for a Spurs-Mavs game 3 with the series tied at 1. Time for our guys to say FTW, go out there and play their asses off. Here's to a W! :toast :flag:

Mugen
04-23-2009, 12:27 PM
if crawford screws us again this year, then the NBA really has to do something about it

whatever, we got this.

hater
04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
for those still in doubt. here are some gems from the worst ref in the league:

wugrOmbsV3U

Lu1Wz5JQEz8

wMbeofvM1L0

bWiw60NusOY

BUMP
04-23-2009, 12:40 PM

how does it feel SpurFan to know that no matter how hard you try tonight, no matter how much heart and resiliency you show, it will be snatched away. the NBA did this on purpose and with game 3 in our belt we will most likely win game 4 and the series will then be over for the old Spurs

Cant wait for tonight :toast

nkdlunch
04-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Joey Crawford is the Dick Cheney of basketball.

Dude shoots you in the face and he demands an apology. :lol

duncan228
04-23-2009, 12:48 PM
My first reaction: :lmao

Then: :vomit:

My only real concern: Just don't let Duncan get hurt.

Ryvin1
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM

Tonight this will be called as charge on Tony, possibly a flagrant foul on tony for running into Dampier's hand.

Dex
04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Lu1Wz5JQEz8

I still find it hard to believe re-watching it. But it actually happened.

This douchebag better keep himself in check tonight.

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm not conserended about Joey, I am however concerened about Eddie F. Rush.

That's a really valid concern. Throwing together some numbers pretty quickly, you'd be hard pressed to find an official with whom the Spurs have a lower winning percentage than Eddie F. Rush.

Consider that the Spurs overall winning percentage in playoff games since 1999 is .641 (98-55). You'd expect that for most of the officials who have frequently worked Spurs playoff games during that time, the Spurs corresponding winning percentage would be somewhere in that neighborhood. And, among the most "elite" officials in the game right now, the Spurs have generally won at about that clip. But there is an obvious exception (and a surmise on my part that proved to be true as well). Here are the Spurs' winning percentages since 1999 with various officials calling playoff games:

.818 (9-2) - Greg Willard
.800 (4-1) - Sean Corbin
.714 (20-8) - Dan Crawford
.714 (5-2) - Scott Foster
.696 (16-7) - Steve Javie
.667 (14-7) - Joey Crawford
.652 (15-8) - Bob Delaney
.652 (15-8) - Ron Garretson
.650 (13-7) - Mike Callahan
.643 (20-9) - Dick Bavetta
.641 (98-55) -- SPURS OVERALL WINNING PERCENTAGE
.636 (7-4) - Mark Wunderlich
.588 (10-7) - Joe Derosa
.583 (7-5) - Ken Mauer
.555 (5-4) - Monty McCutchen
.545 (6-5) - Tom Washington
.526 (10-9) - Jack Nies
.519 (14-13) - Bennett Salvatore
.391 (9-14) - Eddie F. Rush
.333 (2-4) - David Jones

Taking it to the Hole
04-23-2009, 01:00 PM
We are so SCREWED. Don't be surprised Crawford throws out Duncan tonight for breathing.:lmao

cheguevara
04-23-2009, 01:03 PM
:lmao :lmao

Joey Crawford dropped Damon Jones and called foul on the Pistons

poop
04-23-2009, 01:05 PM
for those still in doubt. here are some gems from the worst ref in the league:

wugrOmbsV3U

Lu1Wz5JQEz8

wMbeofvM1L0

bWiw60NusOY

jesus christ that one on Barry makes me sick, if that had been lebron or dwade instead of Barry could you imagine how fast all 3 refs would have been blowing their little hearts out??
:bang

ElNono
04-23-2009, 01:06 PM
.391 (9-14) - Eddie F. Rush

:wow :depressed

Strike
04-23-2009, 01:08 PM

I'm pretty sure Joey Crawford is on perma-rag. Whatever big bug crawled up his ass that gives him a complex about the Spurs, I wish dude would go to the doctor and get it taken care of.

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2009, 01:09 PM
:wow :depressed

Rush is bad, but at least we've been spared David Jones -- so far.

Strike
04-23-2009, 01:09 PM
&1

Both sucks muchly

Sig worthy.

Strike
04-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I told you Joey was going to ref that one.

Everybody was like : " yay, we're gonna get 50 FT's thanks to Dampier "

I saw that one coming .

Just like you called Duncan's 3, right?

ElNono
04-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Rush is bad, but at least we've been spared David Jones -- so far.

Yeah, but Jones only reffed us 6 times. He's still has a enough low count of games that a single win with him on the floor would raise his percentage substantially. But with Rush it's a trend already.

duncan228
04-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Just like you called Duncan's 3, right?

Just for the record, he did call Duncan's three. I was in the game blog, if I remember right he said it during the commercial right before the play. If anyone wants to search for the game blog it will show it.

Old School 44
04-23-2009, 01:16 PM
I am pumped about this game. Now the Spurs really have that "bunker" mentality that Pop always talks about.

I can see Pop in the locker room: "Guys, look around. The guys in this locker room are all you have. If you are going to win tonight, it is going to be on each and everyone of you. You are not at home. There is no one here to help you. You have 19,998 screaming people who hate you and want you to lose with every ounce of their bodies. The refs are not going to help you. They are not going to do you any favors or make life easier just because you are the Spurs. You have a team that you are playing against that lives, breathes and dreams of defeating you. There is no help coming. This is the group you are going to win with. Right here. Right next to you. So play like men."

Edit: I deducted from your total since I read a thread that said at least 2 prominent people from SpursTalk were attending. :hat

bigdave50
04-23-2009, 01:19 PM
timmy or tony will get techs tonight and dallas will steal this game cuz of the penis head joey crawford!
fuck the NBA and david stern

Strike
04-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Just for the record, he did call Duncan's three. I was in the game blog, if I remember right he said it during the commercial right before the play. If anyone wants to search for the game blog it will show it.

I know. I'm just busting balls. :toast

duncan228
04-23-2009, 01:23 PM
I know. I'm just busting balls. :toast

:)

Evil Angel
04-23-2009, 01:37 PM
What's with all the doom and gloom. Just have Thomas run into the old fart and put him on his back! :lol

Really, we've won with Crawfish calling the game before. Just hunker down and play our game. Just don't let the bench go off like in game 1.

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I still think one of the things the Spurs did best in Game 2 was their effort to stay away from the constant bickering at officials that has plagued them for years now. I'd like to see them just shut their mouths and play without bitching about calls or non-calls; they seem to be more focused when they're not complaining -- or maybe they're not complaining because they're more focused.

Just shut up and play.

duncan228
04-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I still think one of the things the Spurs did best in Game 2 was their effort to stay away from the constant bickering at officials that has plagued them for years now. I'd like to see them just shut their mouths and play without bitching about calls or non-calls; they seem to be more focused when they're not complaining -- or maybe they're not complaining because they're more focused.

Just shut up and play.

Agreed. Especially Duncan. He has played well when he gets ticked at the refs, but I'd prefer him to not even start. Just put your head down and get to the other side of the court.

dbreiden83080
04-23-2009, 01:51 PM
:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Question to anyone who actually knows: Are the refs predetermined for the entire playoffs, meaning was Joey/Rush going to ref this game 3 no matter what, or does the NBA assign while the playoffs are going on?

Stump
04-23-2009, 02:07 PM
And if anything happens, it'll be on NBA TV, so not as many people will be watching.

Dex
04-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Question to anyone who actually knows: Are the refs predetermined for the entire playoffs, meaning was Joey/Rush going to ref this game 3 no matter what, or does the NBA assign while the playoffs are going on?

I'd imagine they come up with the reffing schedule somewhat on the fly. You have to keep in mind that the brackets weren't even set until a week ago. They have to pay a lot of attention to who the head referees are, what teams they've already reffed, and in what stadiums. With the need for extra games and undetermined opponents in the upcoming rounds, I'm pretty sure they would have to just work it as they go.

It sucks to have both Crawford and Rush in the same game, but we were bound to have to deal with him sometime. And I'm sure Game 4 and Game 5 and Game 6, etc...would seem equally as important.

I expect to see some reffing nonsense tonight, I just hope it doesn't affect the outcome of the game. So far, while the refs have had their bad moments for both sides in this series, it hasn't really made the difference for anybody.

hater
04-23-2009, 02:18 PM
they probably have some sort of ref schedule but the NBA changes it on the fly I'm sure if they need a big gun on a certain game.

Spurs_9_20_21
04-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Well, I remember one game he reffed after the incident and he felt guilty, I guess and he changed the call. We won THAT game. Not sure about the other games he reffed.

Spurs Brazil
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
NBA is pathetic and the Spurs front office also a joke.

They need to take all the games Crawford was in since the TD ejection and submit to ythe league. He fucked us in all games after that and put Rush with him make it even worst

TP will have to score 50 tonight

FUCK THE NBA

ManuTP9
04-23-2009, 02:49 PM
wow fuckign shit................

kobyz
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
how the Spurs are alow it?!?!?!?!

duncan228
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
how the Spurs are alow it?!?!?!?!

They don't have a choice. When Crawford was reinstated it was "all or nothing." The league said they couldn't have a ref that couldn't ref any game. They felt he'd learned his lesson and they made the decision.

manufan10
04-23-2009, 03:01 PM
NBA is pathetic and the Spurs front office also a joke.

They need to take all the games Crawford was in since the TD ejection and submit to ythe league. He fucked us in all games after that and put Rush with him make it even worst

TP will have to score 50 tonight

FUCK THE NBA

How does this make the Spurs FO a joke??

kobyz
04-23-2009, 03:17 PM
They don't have a choice. When Crawford was reinstated it was "all or nothing." The league said they couldn't have a ref that couldn't ref any game. They felt he'd learned his lesson and they made the decision.

they securely have a choice, they can make a noise against it and they even can get from court of law an injunction against Joey Crawford refereeing their games - they have legitimate right (in any other place in the world if a ref had been convicted in what Joey Crawford was convicted this ref will never be refereeing sport for ever.

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 03:21 PM
they securely have a choice, they can make a noise against it and they even can get from court of law an injunction against Joey Crawford refereeing their games - they have legitimate right (in any other place in the world if a ref had been convicted in what Joey Crawford was convicted this ref will never be refereeing sport for ever.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/crys77/polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2009, 03:23 PM

What will support an injunction -- it's particularly hard to make that argument when the Spurs were 2-1 with Joey calling games this season. I don't have time to research it now, but I'm pretty sure that they were also 2-1 in Crawford-called games last season. Pretty tough to say the guy is screwing you when you win most of the time.

The Spurs, I'm sure, expressed concerns to the league. But the league can't make exceptions just for the Spurs. Whether Spurs fans want to believe it or not, Joey Crawford is consistently among the best officials in the game. His calls tend to be very accurate and, in my observations, he seems to be very consistent. He has a personal issue with a player; while that's problematic, he has been punished for it (losing an entire playoffs worth of extra checks is a pretty substantial penalty) and the league has re-evaluated his fitness to call games. Clearly, the league has decided that Joey is fit for the job. We don't like it, perhaps, and we're now inclined to read bias into all that Joey does, but at the end of the day, he keeps his job because notwithstanding our views, he's actually really good at it.

samikeyp
04-23-2009, 03:27 PM
What will support an injunction -- it's particularly hard to make that argument when the Spurs were 2-1 with Joey calling games this season. I don't have time to research it now, but I'm pretty sure that they were also 2-1 in Crawford-called games last season. Pretty tough to say the guy is screwing you when you win most of the time.

The Spurs, I'm sure, expressed concerns to the league. But the league can't make exceptions just for the Spurs. Whether Spurs fans want to believe it or not, Joey Crawford is consistently among the best officials in the game. His calls tend to be very accurate and, in my observations, he seems to be very consistent. He has a personal issue with a player; while that's problematic, he has been punished for it (losing an entire playoffs worth of extra checks is a pretty substantial penalty) and the league has re-evaluated his fitness to call games. Clearly, the league has decided that Joey is fit for the job. We don't like it, perhaps, and we're now inclined to read bias into all that Joey does, but at the end of the day, he keeps his job because notwithstanding our views, he's actually really good at it.

There you go again, injecting logic into the conversation. :bang

:lol

hater
04-23-2009, 03:29 PM
He has a personal issue with a player; while that's problematic, he has been punished for it (losing an entire playoffs worth of extra checks is a pretty substantial penalty)

not 100% correct. Stern was not going to "punish" him. He gave him the choice to apologize for his behaviour. But Joey, being a stuborn old fuck, said "fuck no, I am not apologizing. I did nothing wrong". So NBA had no choice but to suspend him. In other words, the "suspension" was not the NBA's choice. It was Joey's.

and the league has re-evaluated his fitness to call games.

is there any proof of this?

I think the SPurs have a very good argument to file a complaint or something like that. But the problem is that the Spurs are a class organization and decide to take the high road. They are smart as well because they could be critizized and hated even more by everyone. Not to mention they will get on the blacklist of every other ref out there.

BUMP
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/crys77/polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

:rollin

wuss cones
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
I like Joey he's one of the best

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2009, 03:39 PM
not 100% correct. Stern was not going to "punish" him. He gave him the choice to apologize for his behaviour. But Joey, being a stuborn old fuck, said "fuck no, I am not apologizing. I did nothing wrong". So NBA had no choice but to suspend him. In other words, the "suspension" was not the NBA's choice. It was Joey's.

I still think of that as a punishment, however avoidable it might have been, and it's one that the league imposed upon him, regardless of whether he led the league to do it.

Losing 4 rounds of playoff checks is a pretty stiff punishment, I'm sure. I'd guess it's probably in the neighborhood of $100,000.

is there any proof of this?

You mean other than the fact that Stern said that Joey's fitness to officiate would be re-evaluated after the 2007 playoffs and that for the start of the 2007-08 season, Joey had been re-instated?

I think the SPurs have a very good argument to file a complaint or something like that. But the problem is that the Spurs are a class organization and decide to take the high road. They are smart as well because they could be critizized and hated even more by everyone. Not to mention they will get on the blacklist of every other ref out there.

Again, complaining rings pretty hollow when you still win most of the games the guy calls. It's like arguing that someone should lose his job just because he has a bad attitude, even though that attitude doesn't ultimately affect the way he does his job. Until you can conclusively prove that Joey has intentionally done things to undermine the Spurs' hopes of winning -- and has caused the Spurs to lose games -- I'm not really sure there's much to complain about. The league took care of the bad no-call at the end of Game 4 of the 08 WCF, but if that had been Steve Javie instead of Joey Crawford, the claims of fix wouldn't exist here.

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 03:43 PM
:rollin

Don't mock me a-hole, I know you don't like my humor!

samikeyp
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
If the Spurs play like they are capable of playing (see Game 2) whomever is officiating will not matter. They played good defense, took care of the ball and controlled the boards. They do that, they win. Simple as that.

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2009, 03:49 PM
If the Spurs play like they are capable of playing (see Game 2) whomever is officiating will not matter. They played good defense, took care of the ball and controlled the boards. They do that, they win. Simple as that.

Come on, Mikey. Quit oversimplifying things. We all know, by now, that the NBA is grounded in conspiracies and not competititon; the league's favored, big-market franchises ALWAYS win and do so only because the league's officials give them better calls and screw over the small-market clubs.

It's really silly to think that something so trite as "playing well" could ever actually mean something in the NBA Playoffs.

Sheesh.

samikeyp
04-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Come on, Mikey. Quit oversimplifying things. We all know, by now, that the NBA is grounded in conspiracies and not competititon; the league's favored, big-market franchises ALWAYS win and do so only because the league's officials give them better calls and screw over the small-market clubs.

It's really silly to think that something so trite as "playing well" could ever actually mean something in the NBA Playoffs.

Sheesh.

My bad. :depressed

Obstructed_View
04-23-2009, 04:00 PM
By the way, that Kenyon Martin video is misleading. KMart was doing that shit up and down the floor in the minutes leading up to that, and Joey told him to knock it off. He went right back and did it again. I was watching that game and absolutely knew Martin was going to get ejected exactly when he did. Billups did commit a foul and the Barry foul, as discussed elsewhere, could be considered a make up call. That leaves the one big mistake, for which he was suspended.

spursfan1000
04-23-2009, 04:05 PM
What a quincidence.

RiverwalkParade
04-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Just go to the Marriott off of 114 near the airport after the game if Crawford pulls a "Joey" on us tonight. I hear that's where he likes to go for drinks after the game.

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Just go to the Marriott off of 114 near the airport after the game if Crawford pulls a "Joey" on us tonight. I hear that's where he likes to go for drinks after the game.

That is just creepy bro. Plus Joey will beat anyone's arse.

jdev82
04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
what is our record against joey c since tims ejection?

Obstructed_View
04-23-2009, 04:24 PM
That is just creepy bro. Plus Joey will beat anyone's arse.

I think I could take him, but what good would it do? "Spurs Fan Beats up Joey Crawford in Bar" Yeah, that'll get him calling the games fairly.

LEONARD
04-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Only Spurs fans would be sitting at their computer all day hitting refresh to find out who the refs are... :lmao

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 04:30 PM
I think I could take him, but what good would it do? "Spurs Fan Beats up Joey Crawford in Bar" Yeah, that'll get him calling the games fairly.

You think you could take him???

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Joe_Crawford_referee.jpg=http://www.sense-datum.org/tim/images/chiklis.jpg=http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/fantastic_four/michael_chiklis/fantastic1.jpg

Obstructed_View
04-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I might not fuck with Chiklis, since he's only 46. Crawford is almost 60. I don't think either of them is over 5'9".

ElNono
04-23-2009, 05:18 PM

Sheesh.

I knew it! I bet you Stern was also involved in 9/11... :hat

Spursfan092120
04-23-2009, 05:54 PM
So THAT'S why Dallas is favored by 5

Cry Havoc
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
You think you could take him???

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Joe_Crawford_referee.jpg=http://www.sense-datum.org/tim/images/chiklis.jpg=http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/fantastic_four/michael_chiklis/fantastic1.jpg

Depends on how much martial arts training he's had. I'll breakdance fight him! :downspin:

On the other hand, I'll bet Duncan could destroy him, though. :lol

rascal
04-23-2009, 09:23 PM

No way is that possible.

LEONARD
04-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Damn you Joey!!