IronMexican
04-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Link coming

IronMexican
04-23-2009, 01:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/

IronMexican
04-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Second round pick. Good deal for both teams.

Borosai
04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I think the Bills were interested last year, but Gonzalez didn't want to go to a non-winning team. A second-round pick is a good deal for a proven guy, although he is old(er).

IronMexican
04-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Which is why I feel it's a good deal for both teams. The Chiefs clearly aren't contending this year, and the Falcons were in need of a Tight End this past season. This move helps the Chiefs plan for the future, and the Falcons become a bit scarier.

NBA Junkie
04-23-2009, 06:36 PM
A second round pick is a bit steep for a 34 year old player.

jack sommerset
04-23-2009, 06:45 PM
A second round pick is a bit steep for a 34 year old player.

Didn't they have a pretty good TE in Crumpler? Why did he go to the Titans? Tthe Falcons must think they can win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years.

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Well now there's 17 games worth of tape on Ryan so we'll see how good he is his second year

NewJerSpur
04-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Which is why I feel it's a good deal for both teams. The Chiefs clearly aren't contending this year, and the Falcons were in need of a Tight End this past season. This move helps the Chiefs plan for the future, and the Falcons become a bit scarier.

YOU MEAN YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN THE WONDERBOY KNOWN AS CASSEL, THE GOLDEN CHILD WHO WALKS ON WATER AND MAKES PRO-BOWL QB'S RUN TO ESCAPE THE DIVISION/CONFERENCE :lol.

Good trade for Tony. I'm afan of his and a fan of the turnaround going on in Atlanta. He deserves to go out a winner and at the very least a legitimate conender.

Pistons < Spurs
04-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Tony's been a great player, team leader and representative of the team. But I'm ecstatic that we finally got this deal done. I love a team that utilizes a TE in the passing game, but for too long, he's been too much a part of the offense. He was no longer a complimentary piece, but the focal point. Hopefully we get a quality WR2 to play w/ Bowe and Engram and do a better job of playing downfield. Crabtree @ #3?????

And we may be trading Glenn Dorsey also to Atlanta for the #24 & #90 picks.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Tony's been a great player, team leader and representative of the team. But I'm ecstatic that we finally got this deal done. I love a team that utilizes a TE in the passing game, but for too long, he's been too much a part of the offense. He was no longer a complimentary piece, but the focal point. Hopefully we get a quality WR2 to play w/ Bowe and Engram and do a better job of playing downfield. Crabtree @ #3?????

Once Engram gets comfortable with Cassel and the offense, you should be pleseantly surprised. Whatever you guys do, just stay away from Robiskie; HE'S OURS (Seahawks). :lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-24-2009, 11:09 AM

Wouldn't that mean eating a ginormous cap hit around $16 million?

Pistons < Spurs
04-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Wouldn't that mean eating a ginormous cap hit around $16 million?

I don't know the $ amount, but yes we'd take the hit for it. However, we also have like $32M available.

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Sorry Pistons<Spurs, thought you were a Chiefs fan yourself for some reason, lol.

The Franchise
05-03-2009, 01:45 PM

The Falcons are going to be a beast this season.