PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Laughs Off Dirk's Comment

duncan228
04-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Duncan laughs off Dirk's comment (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/duncan-laughs-off-dirks-comment.html)
Kate Hairopoulos
Dallas Morning News

Tim Duncan - of course - didn't bite on questions at this morning's shootaround at the AAC about what the Mavs have been mouthing off about lately.

Duncan was actually downright funny when told about Dirk Nowitzki's comments yesterday defending teammate Erick Dampier and then casually mentioning that San Antonio has a dirty player - whom Nowitzki didn't name.

"Was he talking about me?" Duncan deadpanned.

"Was he talking about Tony [Parker]?"

"You're going to have to specify who he was talking about."

A reporter mentioned Bruce Bowen, the Spurs' feisty defender with a much publicized dirty rep.

"Oh, Bruce. I didn't think about him," Duncan said. "I'll have to think about that and get back to you."

Duncan also shared his wisdom on why he's not worried about whatever adjustments the Mavs try to make in defending Parker tonight - whether they knock him on his back or not, as Dampier famously alluded to on Monday.

"Tony can take care of himself," Duncan said. "He's alright. He's a big tough guy...

"Not just scoring the ball, he's become more intelligent as a basketball player, just understanding what's available. He'll adjust accordingly to what they do tonight. If they try to take him out of the game he'll attack a different way."

Dex
04-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Duncan laughed!? Suspend him!

SenorSpur
04-23-2009, 02:05 PM
It's that type of calm, cool, quiet confidence and experience that I believe will ultimately help the Spurs prevail.

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 02:06 PM
When asked about Joey Crawford officiating tonight's game, Tim stopped smiling and joking and said: "I don't want to get ejected before the game starts".

duncan228
04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
I love being a Duncan fan.

Hemotivo
04-23-2009, 02:09 PM
"Not just scoring the ball, he's become more intelligent as a basketball player, just understanding what's available. He'll adjust accordingly to what they do tonight. If they try to take him out of the game he'll attack a different way."

true

angel_luv
04-23-2009, 02:10 PM
:lol

Timmy is a funny dude. :)

hater
04-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Joey Crawford's vein on his forehead exploded when he read Timmy was laughing

manufan10
04-23-2009, 02:13 PM
When asked about Joey Crawford officiating tonight's game, Tim stopped smiling and joking and said: "I don't want to get ejected before the game starts".

:lmao

Oh, wait, I don't want to get ejected... :depressed

Strike
04-23-2009, 02:33 PM
You do realize that you're all playing with fire, right? If Crawford finds out that people on a Spurs message board are laughing about Tim's funny demeanor in an interview, Duncan could be ejected AND suspended, right?

Are you people TRYING to get Duncan tossed at Tip-off? :bang

THINK, PEOPLE, THINK!!! :cuss

Flux451
04-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Joey Crawford's vein on his forehead exploded when he read Timmy was laughing
:lol

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Hopefully the Spurs have the last laugh.

Duncan74
04-23-2009, 02:57 PM
I Love this guy!! Duncan is the man!!

Walton Buys Off Me
04-23-2009, 03:09 PM
The best thing to do when playing against a guy like Duncan is to shut up.

The teenage girls in Dallas have got his attention now.

Bad mistake.

Even with Cuban's hand-picked ECW referee, Duncan will be very intense tonight I'm sure.

Muser
04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Lmao, there should be a counter on how many Crawford/Duncan jokes are on this forum.

1Parker1
04-23-2009, 03:31 PM

:lol Well...Joey Crawford is in Dallas tonight after all...

Spurs Brazil
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Video here.

Very funny

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/home.html

kace
04-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Hopefully the Spurs have the last laugh.

i can't help to think about the 2006 serie where stack was kind of trash talking a little or maybe he was laughing on the court (i can't remember exactly) and asked about it at some interview, Tim answered: "we'll see who'll be laughing at the end".

he didn't even mean it in a cocky way, he was just downplaying as usual all the trash talking but a lot of medias and fans were saying the serie was over now that Tim was angry and stuff like that. well, it didn't work obviously.

I just think Tim is made to be the good guy. It doesn't prevent him for playing hard on the court and be clutch, but he's just not the kind of guy to talk smack.

i'm not even sure he could get some extra motivation from opponent's trash talking. he plays hard, does his job and see what happens every time. very rare to be so motivated and quiet at the same time. great to be a fan of a team with such a leader.

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
The Mavs laughed last then.

crc21209
04-23-2009, 03:56 PM
TD is THE MAN.

lefty
04-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Duncan just owned the entire Mavs organization with his comments :lmao

kace
04-23-2009, 04:00 PM

well, at the very end of these PO, we still laughed a little bit though.

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/photogallery_game6_thumbnai.jpg

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Um, have I mentioned that I love me some Timmy Duncan? Impeccable class, every time.

phxspurfan
04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
effortless burn...

spursfan1000
04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p165/TheREALPoisonIvy/mavssuck.jpgThis is prolly what it looked like when Duncan was laughin.

SA210
04-23-2009, 04:07 PM

:lmao Where is the Joey Crawford troll?

Mavs<Spurs
04-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Duncan laughs off Dirk's comment (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/duncan-laughs-off-dirks-comment.html)
Kate Hairopoulos
Dallas Morning News

Tim Duncan - of course - didn't bite on questions at this morning's shootaround at the AAC about what the Mavs have been mouthing off about lately.

Duncan was actually downright funny when told about Dirk Nowitzki's comments yesterday defending teammate Erick Dampier and then casually mentioning that San Antonio has a dirty player - whom Nowitzki didn't name.

:nope
A reporter mentioned Bruce Bowen, the Spurs' feisty defender with a much publicized dirty rep.

"Oh, Bruce. I didn't think about him," Duncan said. "I'll have to think about that and get back to you."

Duncan also shared his wisdom on why he's not worried about whatever adjustments the Mavs try to make in defending Parker tonight - whether they knock him on his back or not, as Dampier famously alluded to on Monday.

"Tony can take care of himself," Duncan said. "He's alright. He's a big tough guy...

You talkin about me ? You talkin about me ?

ROFL !
:lmao:lmao

:nope

duncan228
04-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Duncan: Dampier's Parker plan works for Spurs (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/04/duncan-dampiers.html#more)
By Jeff McDonald

DALLAS -- The Erick Dampier-Tony Parker brouhaha appears to have been defused. Dampier said he regrets his comments about planning to put Parker on his back in Game 3, and the NBA has absolved him of those remarks.

But, of course, the story won't die. It was a topic of conversation at Spurs shootaround this morning.

Tim Duncan said he hadn't heard of Dampier's promise, but he's not going to dissuade the Mavericks center from trying to carry it out.

"He's knocked (Parker) down before," Duncan said. "If he knocks him down again, that's great. It will get him in foul trouble and get him out of the game. So good for us."

Asked he felt an added responsibility to protect Parker from harm, like a big brother, Duncan shrugged.

"Tony can take care of himself," Duncan said. "He's a big, tough guy."

Duncan also played coy in response to another brewing mini-controversy. A day earlier, Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki defended Dampier by saying he "certainly doesn't have the reputation of being a dirty player. They got one, we don't."

Nowitizki didn't elaborate on which Spurs player he thought to be dirty. Duncan wouldn't speculate, either.

"Was he talking about me? Was he talking about Tony?" Duncan said. "You're going to have to specify who he's talking about, because I'm not sure."

It's just a guess, Duncan was told, but you have to believe he was talking about Bruce Bowen, a player who has drawn the Mavericks' ire before.

"Oh, Bruce," Duncan said, as if he'd just had an epiphany. "I didn't think about him."

JoeyCrawford
04-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Kate Hairopoulos
Dallas Morning News

WHAT!?

:smchode::cuss:madrun

ElNono
04-23-2009, 05:27 PM
WHAT!?

:smchode::cuss:madrun

Take your meds Joey... it's gonna be a long night.

Thomas82
04-23-2009, 06:43 PM
I love being a Duncan fan.

Me too, my all-time favorite basketball player.

Spursfan092120
04-23-2009, 06:48 PM
lol...God I love this guy.

BillMc
04-23-2009, 06:48 PM

Just wait, Joey Crawford might tonight! NO Laughing allowed! :depressed

Please_dont_ban_me
04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Lol, I love his sense of humor man.

EricB
04-23-2009, 07:22 PM

Duncan laughed at the end of that post season.

He laughed even harder at the end of the next year.