PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it suck to be Afro-Mexicano?

Red Hawk #21
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Afro-Mexicanos are mexicans who are the descendants of African Slaves that were taken to Mexico hundreds of years ago. I think it must suck to be an Afro-Mexicano. Here's why many Afro-latinos are consistently neglected by other latinos. It happens in every Latino country. My dad was born and raised in the Dominican republic but he sees himself as black. My father is an Afro-latino but he doesn't speak spanish even though he is fully capable and he doesn't "Act Latino". My father sees himself as a black man, he doesn't talk to his friends or family from the Dominican Republic. I've never wondered why. Last night, I was having a talk with him and I asked him why he doesn't go back to D.R to pay them a visit. At first, he didn't wanna talk about it but eventually I got him to share some of his thoughts with me.

He told me that while he was in D.R, he was often a victim of racism. He told me he was once jumped by other dominicans for being a "negro". He said he left D.R shortly after. I was born and raised in the U.S, many spanish movies and commercials do not represent the Afro-latinos here and in other parts of the world. Some of you probably don't even know that "Afro-Mexicano" or "Afro-Latinos" exist. Simply because they are not represented by the media. I know that I haven't gone through struggles that afro-latinos go through because I look just like my mom who is a white Cuban woman.

I have seen that alot of Blacks and afro latinos face racism from Mexicans at an alarming rate. I have also seen and heard many mexicans insult blacks in spanish. Many mexicans I have seen are very racist, the Afro-Latinos I feel bad for the most are Afro-Mexicanos. Mexicans in California consistently kill Blacks. Mexicans consistently come from Mexico to California and kill Blacks. Can you now imagine being a black person living in mexico?! And no offense to IronMexican and others, I know that there are many Mexicans who are not racist but I just had to get this off my chest.

Drachen
04-23-2009, 03:03 PM
I met and befriended a guy who is half mexican, half arab. I met him in 2002. We used to clown on him that he has to be the most hated mixture of ethnicity in the city (or even nation).

JudynTX
04-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh goodie!

Extra Stout
04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
I met and befriended a guy who is half mexican, half arab. I met him in 2002. We used to clown on him that he has to be the most hated mixture of ethnicity in the city (or even nation).
People don't hate Salma Hayek.

IronMexican
04-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I never met one before.

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2009, 03:31 PM
I've meet a chinese-mexican once. Looked 100% chinese with a beaners vocal box.

Red Hawk #21
04-23-2009, 03:32 PM
I never met one before.

Im guessing you have lived in Cali all your life so its highly unlikely you've met one of them. They live in specific parts in mexico. Btw, nice sig you've got there lol

Kori Ellis
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
I lived in L.A. and knew several Afro-Latinos, who weren't sure what group they belonged to... so they just hung out with white people in school :)

Anyway, I didn't know you were part Dominican. That gives you an advantage here at SpursTalk :wakeup

IronMexican
04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Im guessing you have lived in Cali all your life so its highly unlikely you've met one of them. They live in specific parts in mexico. Btw, nice sig you've got there lol

I've lived in LA my whole life. I pretty much only talk to Mexican's.

Red Hawk #21
04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
I lived in L.A. and knew several Afro-Latinos, who weren't sure what group they belonged to... so they just hung out with white people in school :)

Anyway, I didn't know you were part Dominican. That gives you an advantage here at SpursTalk :wakeup

Well technically I am, but I only see myself as Cuban. My father doesn't see himself as Dominican so I don't either.

wuss cones
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah us Mexicans say much more racist stuff than you ever hear from white people. The "n=word" in Spanish is part of our normal-every-day vocabulary :lol

JoeChalupa
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
We are the parents of bi-racial children and they see themselves as individuals who just happen to be bi-racial.

IronMexican
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah us Mexicans say much more racist stuff than you ever hear from white people. The "n=word" in Spanish is part of our normal-every-day vocabulary :lol

But the real way to say it is mayuga.

The Reckoning
04-23-2009, 05:28 PM
imagine the amount of scholarships you'd be able to apply for...

ashbeeigh
04-23-2009, 05:31 PM
imagine the amount of scholarships you'd be able to apply for...

This was my thought.

DAF86
04-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Afro-Mexicanos are mexicans who are the descendants of African Slaves that were taken to Mexico hundreds of years ago. I think it must suck to be an Afro-Mexicano. Here's why many Afro-latinos are consistently neglected by other latinos. It happens in every Latino country. My dad was born and raised in the Dominican republic but he sees himself as black. My father is an Afro-latino but he doesn't speak spanish even though he is fully capable and he doesn't "Act Latino". My father sees himself as a black man, he doesn't talk to his friends or family from the Dominican Republic. I've never wondered why. Last night, I was having a talk with him and I asked him why he doesn't go back to D.R to pay them a visit. At first, he didn't wanna talk about it but eventually I got him to share some of his thoughts with me.

He told me that while he was in D.R, he was often a victim of racism. He told me he was once jumped by other dominicans for being a "negro". He said he left D.R shortly after. I was born and raised in the U.S, many spanish movies and commercials do not represent the Afro-latinos here and in other parts of the world. Some of you probably don't even know that "Afro-Mexicano" or "Afro-Latinos" exist. Simply because they are not represented by the media. I know that I haven't gone through struggles that afro-latinos go through because I look just like my mom who is a white Cuban woman.

I have seen that alot of Blacks and afro latinos face racism from Mexicans at an alarming rate. I have also seen and heard many mexicans insult blacks in spanish. Many mexicans I have seen are very racist, the Afro-Latinos I feel bad for the most are Afro-Mexicanos. Mexicans in California consistently kill Blacks. Mexicans consistently come from Mexico to California and kill Blacks. Can you now imagine being a black person living in mexico?! And no offense to IronMexican and others, I know that there are many Mexicans who are not racist but I just had to get this off my chest.

There are nice people and dumbfucks everywhere luckily the good outnumber the bad by a large margin.

DAF86
04-23-2009, 06:34 PM

Are you or timvp part Dominican?

tlongII
04-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm part Martian. Not sure which part though...

Dr. Gonzo
04-23-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm part Martian. Not sure which part though...

I think your "hair" is the most alien thing on your body.

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Doesn't it suck to be "mexicano not born to a rich douchebag family"

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Dominican people are treated like royalty in these parts.

At least afro mexicans are rumored to have gigantic shlongs and the 3lit3 afro hair.