PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh to Pistons?

layupdrill
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Even though the Detroit Pistons are in the middle of getting swept out of the 2009 NBA Playoffs, rumors of how the team will look when they hit the court next year are already circulating. The Detroit News is reporting today (http://www.detnews.com/article/20090423/SPORTS0102/904230358/1127/rss13) that Pistons forward Tayshun Prince could be in the middle of any deal that Detroit and Toronto make involving All-Star forward Chris Bosh. One possibility would include sending Prince, reserve forward Amir Johnson, and a future draft pick to Toronto for Bosh.
Adding Bosh to the Pistons, along with the departure of Prince, and free agents Rasheed Wallace and Allen Iverson, would give the Pistons the breath of fresh air needed to rejuvenate the fanbase. Bosh along with Rodney Stuckey and Richard Hamilton would be respectable, and certainly more competitive than this years product. Meanwhile, the addition of Prince to Toronto would more than likely mean the end of the Shawn Marion experiment, however it would be possible Marion could play alongside Prince.

xtremesteven33
04-23-2009, 03:45 PM
why not right?

jack sommerset
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Why would the Raptors do this deal?

layupdrill
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Why would the Raptors do this deal?

They dont believe he is gonna resign after his contract runs out, and that he is gonna walk in free agency from what Ive read.

lefty
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Join the Spurs, CB4 (hey I can dream)

spursfan1000
04-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Great deal for Pistons, they get a chance to have Chris Bosh for a while, it would suck if they did this trade and Bosh doesnt resign with the Pistons. If I was the Raptors I would keep Bosh and take the chance that he wont resign, Prince is already 29.

resistanze
04-23-2009, 04:53 PM
LMFAO. If they're gonna trade him this offseason, they better get more than that.

Another Vince Carter-type trade and I'll stop watching them for good.

Morg1411
04-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Join the Spurs, CB4 (hey I can dream)

:toast

I'd rather get Brook Lopez, but I'll take Bosh.

Allanon
04-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Chris Bosh to the Pistons in exchange for Tayshaun Prince doesn't make Detroit a contender.

No reason for Joe Dumars to do this unless he just wants another Playoff team, and he already has that.

In 2010, Dumars should have enough money to snag two Big time guys. Why not DWade + Yao/Amare? Or LeBron + DWade?

Bob Lanier
04-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Get rid of Princess and pick up Jr. A_miral? Fuck yes.

Bob Lanier
04-23-2009, 05:04 PM
he already has that.
The Pistons barely beat the Bobcats out this season, and next year Charlotte'll be more experienced while Detroit'll just be older. Treading water would be a victory for the Pistons front office at this point.

But that argument aside, this would be a major increase in talent for Detroit. Bosh is not a championship centerpiece, but he's never played around a wing player as good as Rip or a defender as good as Rasheed, either. A decent starting 3 for the MLE and the Pistons could be a second-round playoff team.

Allanon
04-23-2009, 05:06 PM
The Pistons barely beat the Bobcats out this season, and next year Charlotte'll be more experienced while Detroit'll just be older. Treading water would be a victory for the Pistons front office at this point.

But that argument aside, this would be a major increase in talent for Detroit. Bosh is not a championship centerpiece, but he's never played around a wing player as good as Rip or a defender as good as Rasheed, either. A decent starting 3 for the MLE and the Pistons could be a second-round playoff team.

Even if it is in an increase in talent, the Pistons still wouldn't be a Contender.

Right now, Dumars just has to tank 2009, trade Tayshaun for an expiring or Rip for a talented young guy or lotto pick.

In 2010, Detroit will have 1 high lotto pick and money to bring in 2 LeBrons.

Thunder Dan
04-23-2009, 05:07 PM
LOL at Lebron leaving Cleveland for Detroit.

resistanze
04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Even if it is in an increase in talent, the Pistons still wouldn't be a Contender.

Right now, Dumars just has to tank 2009, trade Tayshaun or Rip for an expiring.

In 2010, Detroit will have 1 high lotto pick and money to bring in 2 LeBrons.
Which 2 LeBrons? Do you think LeBron would leave CLE for DET? A rebuilding DET?

Wade is in the same position now. In 2010 I think Jermaine O'Neal comes off the books in MIA.

Allanon
04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
LOL at Lebron leaving Cleveland for Detroit.

It's possible. But again, it doesn't have to be Lebron. It could be DWade + Amare. Or Brandon Roy + Yao Ming.

There's a serious number of elite free agents in 2010, why rush things just for another Playoff appearance? Why not get a high lotto pick?

Thunder Dan
04-23-2009, 05:10 PM
It's possible. But again, it doesn't have to be Lebron. It could be DWade + Amare. Or Brandon Roy + Yao Ming.

no it's not possible. You obviously have never been to Detroit. The only thing that keeps him in Cleveland is because he is from there. If he leaves for New York it's for the city.

Remember, the Cavs can bring in whoever they want in 2010 as well.

Allanon
04-23-2009, 05:12 PM
no it's not possible. You obviously have never been to Detroit. The only thing that keeps him in Cleveland is because he is from there. If he leaves for New York it's for the city.

Remember, the Cavs can bring in whoever they want in 2010 as well.

It depends I think.

If LeBron doesn't win it all with this core, he's gonna want another Superstar to play alongside.

If the Cavs are slow to the gun and Detroit nabs Dwayne Wade and has room for LeBron, that would be a tempting offer.

The way to snag LeBron would be to snag the 2nd Superstar player first.

Thunder Dan
04-23-2009, 05:13 PM
If Lebron leaves it will be for endorsement money. He isn't going to stab his hometown in the back to play in Detroit. They basically rebuilt the Cavs to suit Lebron, he wouldn't do that. PLUS, what free agent would choose Detroit over New York or playing with Lebron.

Thunder Dan
04-23-2009, 05:14 PM
It depends I think.

If LeBron doesn't win it all with this core, he's gonna want another Superstar to play alongside.

If the Cavs are slow to the gun and Detroit nabs Dwayne Wade and has room for LeBron, that would be a tempting offer.

The way to snag LeBron would be to snag the 2nd Superstar player first.

Cavs can offer the same money Detroit can. You think Wade would rather play with Bosh in Detroit than Lebron in Cleveland? You think the Cavs would sit on that money knowing they could have another star? I guess you are vastly underestimating the Cavs

Allanon
04-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Which 2 LeBrons? Do you think LeBron would leave CLE for DET? A rebuilding DET?

Detroit has a good winning pedigree. Cleveland, outside of the LeBron years and ancient history, doesn't really have it.

LeBron + Wade/Roy/Yao/Amare would not be a rebuilding team.

Wade is in the same position now. In 2010 I think Jermaine O'Neal comes off the books in MIA.

Yup, Miami is also in a great position in 2010. There's going to be like 5 teams in a position to lure LeBron away by letting him play with a second Superstar.

I think the only chance of Cleveland keeping LeBron is:
1) They win a championship this year or if they don't win a championship

2) In 2010, they quickly sign a 2nd Superstar

If neither of those happen and other teams gobble up the Superstars and have money left for LeBron, anything can happen.

Thunder Dan
04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Detroit has a good winning pedigree. Cleveland, outside of the LeBron years and ancient history, doesn't really have it.

LeBron + Wade/Roy/Yao/Amare would not be a rebuilding team.

Yup, Miami is also in a great position in 2010. There's going to be like 5 teams in a position to lure LeBron away by letting him play with a second Superstar.

I think the only chance of Cleveland keeping LeBron is:
1) They win a championship this year
2) In 2010, they quickly sign a 2nd Superstar

1) Lebron isn't going to Detroit. It's New York and Cleveland.

2) you are assuming Lebron wants to be 2000-2001 Kobe, and not the man, which isn't a safe assumption. If he can't win on his own he will get Kobe treatment, he knows that and has talked about that. He won't leave to chase stars, guys will come here to do the chasing.

Thunder Dan
04-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Because of the reduction in the salary cap, I think both Wade and Lebron sign contract extensions this offseason so I think it's a moot point. Afterall, the whole point in them signing those 3 year deals in the first place was to take advantage of an increasing salary cap under a changing CBA, not to join up and play with one another.

Allanon
04-23-2009, 05:25 PM
1) Lebron isn't going to Detroit. It's New York and Cleveland.

Miami sounds nice too.

2) you are assuming Lebron wants to be 2000-2001 Kobe, and not the man, which isn't a safe assumption. If he can't win on his own he will get Kobe treatment, he knows that and has talked about that. He won't leave to chase stars, guys will come here to do the chasing.

If LeBron is that arrogant having won 0 rings so far, he's going to end his career with no rings.

Thunder Dan
04-23-2009, 05:27 PM
If LeBron is that arrogant having won 0 rings so far, he's going to end his career with no rings.

he will get his first this year, a year before Jordan got his first

Allanon
04-23-2009, 05:28 PM

And if he doesn't? He still won't do any chasing?

We shall see :lol

JoeTait75
04-23-2009, 05:30 PM

If LeBron leaves Cleveland without delivering a ring, he'll end his career with no rings. That will be karmic punishment for running like a dog away from his responsibility.

crc21209
04-23-2009, 05:45 PM
I dunno about sending Tayshaun...if the Pistons could pull this off without sending Tayshaun or Rip they will be a pretty damn good team next yr. Stuckey, Rip, Tayshaun, Bosh, and whoever at center. Not bad.

kamikazi_player
04-23-2009, 05:54 PM
If LeBron leaves Cleveland without delivering a ring, he'll end his career with no rings. That will be karmic punishment for running like a dog away from his responsibility.
:lol I guess it didn't do any wonders for Shaq.

layupdrill
04-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Great deal for Pistons, they get a chance to have Chris Bosh for a while, it would suck if they did this trade and Bosh doesnt resign with the Pistons. If I was the Raptors I would keep Bosh and take the chance that he wont resign, Prince is already 29.

Im assuming only way Detroit does this if he agrees to sign extension prior

layupdrill
04-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Chris Bosh to the Pistons in exchange for Tayshaun Prince doesn't make Detroit a contender.

No reason for Joe Dumars to do this unless he just wants another Playoff team, and he already has that.

In 2010, Dumars should have enough money to snag two Big time guys. Why not DWade + Yao/Amare? Or LeBron + DWade?

Who says Lebron is gonna go there for less money when he already has a better team in Cleveland?
Same thing for Wade?

Both those guys can get more money staying put, and have better, younger players around them now than in Detroit.
yao, doubt hes goin anywhere.

Amare, would you want his injury prone self over Bosh?

layupdrill
04-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Because of the reduction in the salary cap, I think both Wade and Lebron sign contract extensions this offseason so I think it's a moot point. Afterall, the whole point in them signing those 3 year deals in the first place was to take advantage of an increasing salary cap under a changing CBA, not to join up and play with one another.

Exactly.

JamStone
04-23-2009, 06:59 PM
LeBron was never going to Detroit in the first place. Those people who wrote that and those people who believed that were and are all on crack. It was a ridiculous notion. Chris Bosh was more realistic but still pretty far-fetched if you ask me. And, Toronto certainly better be looking for a better deal than one who's main guy in return is Tayshaun Prince's bitch ass. Even Prince and Amir Johnson is not enough in my opinion.

Cleveland should have a decent amount of money in 2010 but probably not enough for two max players. As it stands right now, with LeBron re-signing in 2010, they'd be right around $36-39 million (depending how much LeBron re-signs for) in salaries. Should the NBA salary cap be say around $61 (which is a stretch with all the rumors about the salary cap actually going down), then they'd have approximately $22-25 million in cap space, which would be plenty for another max problem. The problem is that that means that Cavs roster would only be five players LeBron, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Daniel Gibson, and JJ Hickson, and that's it. It doesn't take into consideration a 2010 first round draft pick or any re-signings of possibly Varejao and/or Z and no other players and the other 6 or 7 players they'd have to fill the roster up with. Even with minimum salary players, that's easily another $8-10 million, and likely more than that if the roster is going to resemble anything like a championship caliber team with a competent complimentary cast. So, technically, the Cavs could have a lot of cap space for another max player. But, realistically, after getting some depth in the front court and on the wings, it would probably be closer to the neighborhood of a $10-12 million a year type of player, who would still probably be a very good player, but not a Wade or Amare type of player.

JamStone
04-23-2009, 07:05 PM

The Pistons have a lot of cap space, but not enough to acquire two max players, unless one or both sign for less than the max.

Additionally, I can't see Yao leaving Houston. And Wade has publicly said he wouldn't want to play for the Pistons. He grew up in Chicago hating the Pistons and he even said he was glad they didn't draft him.

Already mentioned, LeBron will not go to Detroit. He won't.

Adding Amare would do less than adding Bosh.

Bosh doesn't necessarily make the Pistons legit contenders again. But, he would be a step in the right direction. Plus, Dumars has made intimations that with the whole Iverson debacle, he has realized once again that the Pistons are just not the type of team to rely on superstar individuals. He wants to go back to constructing a team that is balanced and unselfish and a team. Bosh is a great star player, but you could argue he's not that individual superstar like LeBron or Wade. He could fit well, especially if he doesn't have to carry the scoring load playing next to a guy like Rip Hamilton and a scoring point guard like Stuckey (hopefully he improves). Not as much pressure on Bosh.

However, I still don't buy any rumor of a trade for Bosh that centered around Tayshaun Prince.

Lars
04-23-2009, 07:12 PM

:lol

sook
04-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks for jinxing us with your sig OP

layupdrill
04-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks for jinxing us with your sig OP
no problem..
T-Mac did that earlier this week when he went on the radio and said the Lakers were his pick to win the West.

Darthkiller
04-23-2009, 08:27 PM
bosh sux, we dont want rupaul on our beloved pistons.