PDA

View Full Version : Is there any other team that just gives a game up?

tim_duncan_fan
04-23-2009, 08:38 PM
I've seen Pop do this so many times and it is annoying as hell not to mention cowardly and weak.

I was wondering if you guys have ever seen any other team just give up a game in the FIRST HALF when losing by less than 20 points?

Spursfan092120
04-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Didn't know he gave up..I could have sworn the game was still going on.

HarlemHeat37
Pop's scrubby lineup just cut the lead to 16 at the half..the rotation players weren't doing better..

he hasn't given up..

Spursfan092120
Pop's scrubby lineup just cut the lead to 16 at the half..the rotation players weren't doing better..

he hasn't given up..
EXACTLY..thank you.

loveforthegame
04-23-2009, 08:40 PM
He's just sending a message to the starters to play better.

fusionjazzman72
I don't get the whole Bowen thing. Why not put him on Barea like last game

lefty
Lakers did it in Game 6 vs Boston

Spursfan092120
04-23-2009, 08:43 PM
you can see it in their faces..they have given up. no one looks like they even want to attempt to win this game.
Um...really? Are you looking at all of their faces right now? You really think that a team wants to lose a game? What kind of sense does that make. Please man...

byrdman31
04-23-2009, 08:44 PM
yeah everyone played, except oberto....

Josepatches_
04-23-2009, 08:45 PM

he hasn't given up..

IMO He was lucky at the end but he was thinking the game was over.

Death In June
04-23-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't get the whole Bowen thing. Why not put him on Barea like last gameThat makes too much sense. Pop is too clever and genius for simple solutions.

Spursmania
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
He's just sending a message to the starters to play better.

Spursfan092120
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
IMO He was lucky at the end but he was thinking the game was over.
Pop has seen his team score 10 points in 15 seconds..and you think he believes a 16 point game at the half is over? Come on..

easy7
04-23-2009, 08:49 PM
The Spurs are not giving up, it is just that nothing is working for them and everything is working for Dallas.:depressed

Spursfan092120
04-23-2009, 08:49 PM
oEhfydhSXBg

hater
04-23-2009, 08:50 PM
how did he give the game up? our starters gave the game up. Pop inserted the scrubs and they cut the lead from 21 to 16.

thread failure

hater
04-23-2009, 08:51 PM
not to mention had Pop kept the starters, they would not only be tired and demoralized, they would be in foul trouble.

Pop = mad genius

The_Worlds_finest
04-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Here come the spurs!!! Lets get back in this!!!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-23-2009, 09:00 PM

he hasn't given up..
That's just rationalization. Without George Hill's last second shot..18 points is PRETTY BAD....

I'm not sold on the scrubby line up, last resort. Mason, Gooden could have been out there. Vaughn saved us with his basket?? Yeah right.

We're down 26 now..
We're really benefiting from that scrubby line up into the third... :bang

yavozerb
04-23-2009, 09:01 PM
This is the spurs people!! They are not giving this away, they are simply being outplayed!! Those fans that are living in the past better wake up and get used every now and then..They just are not as talented as they were due to injuries and age..

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-23-2009, 09:02 PM
not to mention had Pop kept the starters, they would not only be tired and demoralized, they would be in foul trouble.

Pop = mad genius

Yeah because Lord knows it's impossible to keep our starters out of foul trouble when we rely on a shorter rotation.

baseline bum
04-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Pop made the right call to let this game go a few minutes ago. This game is over, and no sense tiring your guys out when Saturday is a must-win.

SouthTexasRancher
04-23-2009, 09:04 PM
I've seen Pop do this so many times and it is annoying as hell not to mention cowardly and weak.

I was wondering if you guys have ever seen any other team just give up a game in the FIRST HALF when losing by less than 20 points?

I believe our good friend, Forrest Gump, said it best...

"SHIT Happens"!!!

easy7
04-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Now you can say they gave up, the Spurs will be lucky if they can score 45 points in this game.

HarlemHeat37
04-23-2009, 09:07 PM
well giving up at this point is obviously a good move..

when Duncan can't make a shot, Tony Parker gets outplayed by a little scrub again, when Gooden can't do anything at all, when Bowen doesn't get minutes, and when the shooters can't make anything, there's no point of leaving the best players on the court when they're down by 20+..

SpursFan0728
04-23-2009, 09:08 PM
I think pop is trying to find the "Dark horse" for next game.

EVAY
04-23-2009, 09:10 PM
I think that you will get all kinds of grief for having the guts to start this thread...but it is true. Did you see the 1,000 yard stare on Tony's face in the second quarter while he was on the bench? Pop pulled Tim after he had only played about 4 minutes in the 2nd quarter. That's when I believed that Pop had thrown in the towel.

This is on Pop, I think. He did not have his team mentally ready for the first game, and he did not have them ready mentally for this game, and he should be embarrassed. I know I am. And befrore somebody tells me that the players have to be ready, I agree that they should be...but since we all know that this team has this tendency, isn't it the coaches job to lead when the players don't?

And this nonsense about "if you can't get back in, then "save Tim and Tony for the next game"...They just had three days off!!! We have been "saving" Tim all season!!! Remember when we "threw" the game in Denver because we were "saving" everybody! The guys with the talent ought to have to eat the loss along with the shmucks who just get ground up and spit out like they don't count. Make them all stay out there and get themselves embarassed enough to not let it happen again.

poop
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
this is what happens when we start a starting lineup with only one defender on it

HarlemHeat37
04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I criticize Pop all the time, but that's bullshit..the coaching staff doesn't have the responsibility to get the players prepared on this type of team..most of these guys have been in big playoff games, and most of them have won titles..

Pop can't control Duncan missing everything, Parker missing everything, Gooden missing everything, and shooters missing everything..he even put Hill in the game, and he's played horribly..

Josepatches_
04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Pop made the right call to let this game go a few minutes ago. This game is over, and no sense tiring your guys out when Saturday is a must-win.

Rest is very important for us but they had 3 days.TD played 15 minutes!! Maybe it could be even worse for him.Rithym is important and only 15 minutes in 6 days even could be negative for him.

I'm not sure.Could it be really worse to fight a few more even if you know the game could be over? It's not like regular season.We don't have a lot of games in the playoffs.To Win or go home.

And I'm not sure it's really good to end the game down by 30 when it's a playoff game.It's only 1 loss but mentally it can be a problem for the team

Tonight starters sucked.They played awful after the half.Same they did in the first half.We had a big problem with their D.I would still try to find the way to break their defense because we could have the same problem in game 4.

Death In June
04-23-2009, 09:33 PM
It's time to tell Bonner to fuck off. Start Bowen, assign him to Barea. Start Gooden, and keep Mason in and hope for the best.

FaithInOne
04-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Pop throws in the towel at record speed these last couple years.

Trimble87
04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
i criticize pop all the time, but that's bullshit..the coaching staff doesn't have the responsibility to get the players prepared on this type of team..most of these guys have been in big playoff games, and most of them have won titles..

Pop can't control duncan missing everything, parker missing everything, gooden missing everything, and shooters missing everything..he even put hill in the game, and he's played horribly..

+1

fusionjazzman72
04-23-2009, 10:49 PM

Yes the the 2009 San Antonio Spurs

ElNono
04-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Pop was just trying something different since the regular rotation guys could not buy a bucket. We just shoot horribly tonight. Bad timing for it to happen, but what's done is done. Move on, and let's see how we do Saturday.