PDA

View Full Version : Pop is a freakin genius!

hater
04-23-2009, 09:08 PM
takes our starters our for good with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd.

game 4 coming up in less than 48 hours. Mavs starters still playing at least until 4th quarter.

Spurs come in fresh in game 4 and take the game.

:whine

will make sure to bump this after game 4

SpursDynasty
04-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah...when Dallas has tonight's starting five in the game in the middle of the 3rd with a 30 point lead, that's just idiotic coaching on Rick Carlisle's part. We have our bench in.

Texas_Ranger
04-23-2009, 09:09 PM
well Duncan played only 28 minutes last game, and he sucks tonigt.

hater
04-23-2009, 09:10 PM
a mistake that will cost poor Carlisle.

hater
04-23-2009, 09:10 PM
well Duncan played only 28 minutes last game, and he sucks tonigt.

it's not about the SPurs. The mavs spent so much energy tonight. you will see...

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
48hrs rest? thats enough rest man, considering this is not b2b like regular season shit....

hater
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
48hrs rest? thats enough rest man, considering this is not b2b like regular season shit....

you obviously have not played bastketball on a regular basis or are a kid under 25

coldsweat
i don't like the move, we've lost home court and every game is crucial, we can't give any away anymore. the mavericks are going to pull their starters for the whole 4th quarter most likely, they won't be significantly more tired.

SPURSGOAT
yep will get much rest... spurs will be ready for game 4.

loveforthegame
The Spurs had 2 days rest before this and it didn't help. Rest has nothing to do with heart and energy and pride.

EVAY
04-23-2009, 09:13 PM
well duncan played only 28 minutes last game, and he sucks tonigt.

+1

EVAY
04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
the spurs had 2 days rest before this and it didn't help. Rest has nothing to do with heart and energy and pride.

+10

hater
04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
don't worry doubters. I will make sure to bump this on saturday

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-23-2009, 09:16 PM
yep will get much rest... spurs will be ready for game 4.

Please, this isn't about just giving OUR Spurs players some rest.. It's about the Mavs starters..

Pop wants to give Dirk Nowitzki some rest....after all he did injure that finger. I'm glad he gets to sit on the bench now rooting for his team.

Pop's not only respectful to our opposing team's players, he also thinks about their well-being too. Pop's a classy guy. The classiest coach in the league.

layupdrill
04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
lol thats the glass half full mentality. This series is gonna go 7 regardless of a 1 point loss tonight by 31 point loss.

lefty
04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
I know what I'm fucking doing

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4793/pophobo.jpg

coldsweat
04-23-2009, 09:22 PM
don't worry doubters. I will make sure to bump this on saturday

i'm not doubting a win in game 4, but rest isn't the factor you're making it out to be. we should have still tried to win this one.

loveforthegame
04-23-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm not doubting that we can come out and play better and maybe win but it isn't about rest that's for sure.

The_Worlds_finest
04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
All the mavericks will be out celebrating getting drunk stupid and stoned while the spurs are getting rested and recharged. I hope your right well have to wait till saturady.

FaithInOne
04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
The Spurs had 2 days rest before this and it didn't help. Rest has nothing to do with heart and energy and pride.

Yogurt210
04-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Umm the mavs were resting too

4001 STEREO SPUR
04-23-2009, 09:54 PM
They got some rest .

They should be so embarrassed/pissed that they'll kick some ass Saturday.

Mal
04-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Pop is a genius !!

With Crawford and Rush he knew Spurs have no chances to win it, so he decided to tank this game. Mavs now thinking about 2nd round series, and Spurs will use it to win g4 and retake HCA

niply
04-23-2009, 09:57 PM
POP knows what he is doing! Not only does he look like a possum, but he played this game like it too. Great strategy! For once, I can say they played as ugly as POP looks. Esta feo el vato!

Dr. Gonzo
04-23-2009, 09:58 PM
haha niply

fusionjazzman72
04-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Esta Muy Feo El Vato!!!

zepn
04-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Crawford and Rush were going to make sure the Spurs didn't win this one anyway, so at least this way...

The starters got some rest and then bench got some minutes.
It was a good night for the shooting to be stone-cold.
Dallas got their butt-hurt adrenaline used up.
We got a good (albeit painful) look at their adjustments.
Pop got a jab in at the NBA by giving them another slow boring game full of scrubs.

If the fix is in anyway, and it was (it just wasn't needed), that's the way to do it.

Indazone
04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
This reminds me of the scene in Monty Python where King Arthur has cut the black knights arms and legs off and he's bleeding on stumps on the ground. He calls out to King Arthur. Black Knight, "come back you and fight you bloody sissy". Arthur, "You've got no arms and no legs" Black Knight, "It's just a flesh wound". Arthur "exasperated and walking away". Black Knight, "I'll bite your legs off".

DubMcDub
04-23-2009, 10:16 PM

game 4 coming up in less than 48 hours. Mavs starters still playing at least until 4th quarter.

Kidd - 27 minutes
Dampier - 22 minutes
Dirk - 26 minutes
Howard - 26 minutes
Terry - 23 Minutes

You're right, the Mavs are going to be EXHAUSTED on Saturday. :lol

ThaiFanofSpurs
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Crawford and Rush were going to make sure the Spurs didn't win this one anyway, so at least this way...

Pop got a jab in at the NBA by giving them another slow boring game full of scrubs.

If the fix is in anyway, and it was (it just wasn't needed), that's the way to do it.

Agree. Very disappointed and unhappy with the loss but I can't doubt my team. I love and respect them too much. Hope we will win game 4, 5, and 6 for the series.

Wonder why the league still keeps assigning Crawford and Rush (can anyone tell me what the history we had with Rush?) for Spurs games? I know they need a job but why don't they ref other games, not Spurs'.

spurtech09
04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
yeah maybe this was a tanked game...knowing that one of the dallas mavs players was going to try hurting tony parker at some point....I had a funny feeling about this game....players that smoke pot....the refs...that crazy mark cuban ...lol...spurs will win saturday....believe

Shank
04-23-2009, 11:00 PM
You're all fucked in the head. Enjoy your asswhippin' tonight AND on Saturday afternoon for that team of pussified old farts.

peskypesky
04-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Pop is a genius !!

With Crawford and Rush he knew Spurs have no chances to win it, so he decided to tank this game. Mavs now thinking about 2nd round series, and Spurs will use it to win g4 and retake HCA

that's exactly what i think.

peskypesky
04-23-2009, 11:08 PM
This reminds me of the scene in Monty Python where King Arthur has cut the black knights arms and legs off and he's bleeding on stumps on the ground. He calls out to King Arthur. Black Knight, "come back you and fight you bloody sissy". Arthur, "You've got no arms and no legs" Black Knight, "It's just a flesh wound". Arthur "exasperated and walking away". Black Knight, "I'll bite your legs off".

nah, this is more like Ali against Foreman in Zaire in 1974.

Shank
04-23-2009, 11:09 PM
You're a fucking retard if you think the officials had anything to do with the blowout tonight.

peskypesky
04-23-2009, 11:38 PM
You're a fucking retard if you think the officials had anything to do with the blowout tonight.

you're not getting it. i'm not saying the officials were the reason for the blowout. i'm saying that pop told his guys not to kill themselves trying to win tonight because the odds were too stacked against them. better to save energy and fire for Game 4 when the odds won't be quite as stacked.

Shank
04-23-2009, 11:55 PM
you're not getting it. i'm not saying the officials were the reason for the blowout. i'm saying that pop told his guys not to kill themselves trying to win tonight because the odds were too stacked against them. better to save energy and fire for Game 4 when the odds won't be quite as stacked.

What odds? Playing a game on the road after just humiliating the same opponent 2 nights before? What are you - the Utah Jazz now?

ThaiFanofSpurs
04-23-2009, 11:59 PM
What odds? Playing a game on the road after just humiliating the same opponent 2 nights before? What are you - the Utah Jazz now?

Yes, you are not getting it! No more explanation. It's a waste of time.

Morg1411
04-24-2009, 12:14 AM

You're just a fucking retard, period. Go and masturbate somewhere else.

peskypesky
04-24-2009, 12:14 AM

:toast

Shank
04-24-2009, 12:20 AM
You're just a fucking retard, period. Go and masturbate somewhere else.

Explain, please, oh high and mighty intelligent one. Tell us all how Pop and the Spurs intentionally threw a game over a team they'd just waxed 2 nights before. That same team that was looking like dumbasses in the media since their loss and was reverting back to their "choker" and "soft" labels. The same team that would be completely demoralized and finished if the Spurs had beaten them tonight.

Please, do tell me how and why the Spurs would intentionally lose this game. They got their fucking asses curbstomped tonight. You understand that happens, right? It's ok to give credit to the other team, shitdick.

peskypesky
04-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Explain, please, oh high and mighty intelligent one. Tell us all how Pop and the Spurs intentionally threw a game over a team they'd just waxed 2 nights before. That same team that was looking like dumbasses in the media since their loss and was reverting back to their "choker" and "soft" labels. The same team that would be completely demoralized and finished if the Spurs had beaten them tonight.

Please, do tell me how and why the Spurs would intentionally lose this game. They got their fucking asses curbstomped tonight. You understand that happens, right? It's ok to give credit to the other team, shitdick.

we've told you like 20 times but you're so fucking dense you don't get it. you don't even get that you don't get it.

fusionjazzman72
04-24-2009, 12:22 AM
I know what I'm fucking doing

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4793/pophobo.jpg

Yes apparently you do since Bowen was on Barea tonight like game 2

Shank
04-24-2009, 12:28 AM
we've told you like 20 times but you're so fucking dense you don't get it. you don't even get that you don't get it.

Yeah, I'm the one looking like the idiot in all this. How about this? How about you start a entirely new thread with your bullshit "tank" theory and see how your fellow Spurs fans mock and ridicule your dumb ass? Got the balls to do that, princess?

urunobili
04-24-2009, 03:30 AM
nothing new to see... Pop doing his thing :wakeup

it's me
04-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Yes apparently you do since Bowen was on Barea tonight like game 2

Spurs aren’t done yet…. but how sad … two years ago Bowen was guarding Lebron James, one year ago he was guarding Bryant…. Now we have to use our best defensive player on a scrub like Barea??????? WTF? What’s wrong with Tony? Now even people claiming it’s his team but can’t guard freaking Barea???? I’m disappointed.

Agloco
04-24-2009, 08:39 AM

If we can manage to keep Pop away from the local wine cellars, we might have a chance. :hat

silverblackfan
04-24-2009, 08:50 AM
I do think that Pop was aware that this first round game was on NBATV with a short time between 3 & 4 and probably wanted to send another "F*ck You, Stern" message. Surprising during a playoff game, but so is putting the game on NBATV and assigning Crawford and Rush to the game in Dallas.

Shank
04-24-2009, 09:12 AM
I do think that Pop was aware that this first round game was on NBATV with a short time between 3 & 4 and probably wanted to send another "F*ck You, Stern" message. Surprising during a playoff game, but so is putting the game on NBATV and assigning Crawford and Rush to the game in Dallas.

Seriously.

LEONARD
04-24-2009, 09:58 AM
i'm saying that pop told his guys not to kill themselves trying to win tonight because the odds were too stacked against them. better to save energy and fire for Game 4 when the odds won't be quite as stacked.

:lmao

I love Spurs fans...

LEONARD
04-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Kidd - 27 minutes
Dampier - 22 minutes
Dirk - 26 minutes
Howard - 26 minutes
Terry - 23 Minutes

You're right, the Mavs are going to be EXHAUSTED on Saturday. :lol

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

SenorSpur
04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
I can't say that I always understand Pop or agree with him, but every now and then he does something to remind me of what a good coach he really is.

I applaud him for banishing the starters to the bench. A clear strategic and tactical move, and good job for keeping the big picture in mind. It was clear those guys weren't ready to play, as evidenced by their half-ass effort.

For the life of me, I can't understand why teams can't seem to handle wins. It's one thing to bounce back from a loss, but maintaining or ramping up the intensity after a win seemingly goes against human nature, I guess. We'll see what they're made of on Saturday.

If and when the Spurs are ever eliminated from the playoffs, I hope Pop pulls a Pat Summitt and makes the team practice the very next day.

hater
04-24-2009, 10:21 AM

:lmao :lmao

Halberto
04-24-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't think his motive was for the benefit of their bodies, it was more of a psychological thing.

Halberto
04-24-2009, 11:07 AM

Really? Crawford and Rush weren't keeping Tony from penetrating. They also weren't blocking our shots and making us miss every 3.

Man up and take the licking. We got our asses kicked fair and square.

poop
04-24-2009, 11:13 AM
pop does not make adjustments. he does not coach.

utah needed more defense so SLoan put Kirilinko in the starting lineup. result? lakers finally have a slow start, utah has a strong one and wins the game.

dallas needed more offense after their game 2 defeat so they put Barea in the starting lineup. result? high-scoring start, win the game.

spurs need more defense to set the tone. what does pop do? keep the same shitty starting lineup. result? we lose. repeat x1000

phxspurfan
04-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Too bad Dallas isn't old...for this series it matters not whether they have little rest. If anything, if they get past the Spurs they *may* become tired later on.

island_dude
04-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah, that's right Pop told his guys to take it easy because of Joey Crawford, and that zaney Mark Cuban. Let's just tank this one, and get em' next game.

GENIOUS!

SenorSpur
04-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Too bad Dallas isn't old...for this series it matters not whether they have little rest. If anything, if they get past the Spurs they *may* become tired later on.

In some respects, they are old. They're just not as old as the Spurs.

One thing that bothers me is Pop usually bristles at any suggestion of him team being old. Yet he, and some others on the team, issue subtle hints about the teams age. "We need to manage our minutes", "we need to be well rested before the next game", "we're worried about the short turnaround and the playoff schedule because this is not a young team", "We're glad to draw the 3 seed because there was concern about the possible long flight to Portland because of the health of some players."

All these references to the age of the squad. If it's such an issue, get some younger players and play them.

RedRaider
04-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Rest is everything for this team. I hope Mavs starters playing through 4th quarter last game comes back and bites them in the asses.

TampaDude
04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Last night was a missed opportunity for the Spurs, nothing more. If the Spurs had won last night, they wouldn't have to worry as much about Game 4. Now, Game 4 is a MUST WIN for the Spurs. If they lose, they're in a 3-1 hole, and pretty much done. That's why they're going to win Game 4.

CIA POP in full effect. Spurs in 7. Book it. :toast :flag:

Muser
04-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Why is everything CIA Pop...

TampaDude
04-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Why is everything CIA Pop...

Because it just IS, that's why! :hat

Spursmania
04-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Genius Pop better find a way to win game 4 or Spurs are going on a long fishing vacation.

LEONARD
04-28-2009, 06:49 PM

You forgot to bump this... :lol