PDA

View Full Version : Spurs is officially done

wisnub
04-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Game is still on 3rd quarter. i dont know why Pop pull all starters out and not even leave Tony there just in case his jumpshooot back...and putting JV too soon. I know Spurs didnt make any shots but this kind of give up I rarely seen in NBA, Celtics will never take out their starters this early nor Lakers. They will try to make score respectable no matter what. I am done watching basketball this playoff...Spurs is done and they will not going to win this series this way. Pop is giving up too early on starters and for whoever that think we can still win this: take a look at the score. NO WAY CHAMPION GETTING BEAT UP OVER 30pts in playoffs,not any given time. Spurs officially fucked!!!!

lebomb
04-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Embarrasing

Spursmania
04-23-2009, 09:24 PM
I won't give up till the fat lady sings on Saturday. Yes, they sucked tonight. No effort.

Jace
04-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Keeping the score respectable is horrible strategy In a 7 game series with an old team and a game coming up in less than 2 days...you don't keep your starters in with a 30pt deficit. You throw in the towel and hope they learn how to shoot by the time the next game starts

NewJerSpur
04-23-2009, 09:25 PM
The game is over, but not the series. The Mavs can't take the points with them into Game 3, they can only hope they still have the same sort of momentum. I can definitely see us starting out more aggressively in game 4.....oh, I should definitely be able to SEE THE GAME as well. :bang

wisnub
04-23-2009, 09:33 PM
When do you see in playoffs you got this much time and already seeing a team emptying the bench? EXTREMELY RARE IF NOT NEVER. Although not exact i just saying what the commentators said. Its the most embarassing performance in playoffs I have ever seen...The next game is still on Dallas as well,it will be better but Spurs in the end will beat up too badly if they ever get out of this series....bye bye championship

rascal
04-23-2009, 09:35 PM
When do you see in playoffs you got this much time and already seeing a team emptying the bench. EXTREMELY RARE IF NOT EVER. Although not exact i just saying what the commentators said. Its the most embarassing performance in playoffs I have ever seen...

Game 4 will be totally different. I expect a close spurs win in game 4. A hard fought game back and forth with the spurs just pulling it out.

Mal
04-23-2009, 09:38 PM
It`s only one game. In 48 hours it will be 0-0 again and everybody`s game

Trimble87
04-23-2009, 09:38 PM
The grammar in this thread is almost as pathetic as the spurs effort tonight.

The series isn't over, and playing Tim and Tony extended minutes to make the score "respectable" is about the most retarded thing I have ever heard. The game was over before the first half ended. 100% right call to pull the starters after that horrible performance.

Dr. Gonzo
04-23-2009, 09:39 PM
This game is almost as bad as Lebomb's attempt at humor.

Spursfan092120
It`s only one game. In 48 hours it will be 0-0 again and everybody`s game
:tu

ducks
Game 4 will be totally different. I expect a close spurs win in game 4. A hard fought game back and forth with the spurs just pulling it out.

rascal believes spurs will win

Mavs<Spurs
04-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Average margin of victory > 20 points.

Tim Duncan too inefficient to win.

The other team is just better.

:bang

That's what people said after games 3 and 4 in 2005 Finals.

Detroit steamrolled us in 2 consecutive games: 97 to 76 in game 3 and 102 to 71 in game 4. Duncan shoot terribly from the floor and looked like he was never coming out of it.

But he did. Horry's heroics sometimes mask Duncan's large numbers in game 5, despite the missed free throws and the missed tip-in.

And in game 7, Duncan "came up big when you have to come up big" (Al Michaels) and dominated from the middle of the third quarter to the final buzzer.

Duncan was injured then as well.

And yes, this isn't the 2005 San Antonio Spurs. A far sight from it.

But, neither are the 2009 Dallas Mavericks the 2005 Detroit Pistons. Not even close.

And if we win game 4, then we get home court advantage back.

After this piss-poor performance and effort and out of desperation (to avoid going down 3 to 1) and due to a desire to redeem themselves after this humiliating beat down, the Spurs may find a way to win game 4.

So, this first round series in 2009 with San Antonio Spurs vs Dallas Mavericks isn't over by a long shot. In fact, it's just begun.

Teams often alternate games for the first several games.

Let's hope that this is what takes place in game 4.

Believe.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

:flag:

ducks
04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
just like the hornet series last year
except spurs do not have manu

rascal
04-23-2009, 09:41 PM

The series isn't over, and playing Tim and Tony extended minutes to make the score "respectable" is about the most retarded thing I have ever heard. The game was over before the first half ended. 100% right call to pull the starters after that horrible performance.

He is from a different country. English is not his primary language.

Spursfan092120
04-23-2009, 09:42 PM
as do I.

rascal
04-23-2009, 09:42 PM

Game 4. No way the spurs are champions this year.

NewJerSpur
04-23-2009, 09:46 PM
just like the hornet series last year
except spurs do not have manu

And the Mavs don't have CP3 to terrorize the paint.....at least we proved we could put a stop to that Barea nonsense; Paul was murdering us even when we won.

Budkin
04-23-2009, 09:48 PM
The Spurs ought to be ashamed of themselves.

fusionjazzman72
04-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes they should

fusionjazzman72
04-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Pop an idiot for not putting Bowen on Barea. Maybe it still wouldn't have mattered

ManuTP9
04-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes w eplayed bad tonight but im not giving up when we cans till win the series

Thomas82
04-23-2009, 09:53 PM
the spurs ought to be ashamed of themselves.

+1

Bender
04-23-2009, 09:54 PM
are > is

fusionjazzman72
04-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Damn if it was another team I could handle it better but Cuban,Nowitzki,Terry,Stackhouse hate those guys as much as the Jazz in the 90's

HarlemHeat37
04-23-2009, 09:55 PM
did everybody forget that we just blew the Mavs out LAST FUCKING GAME?..

it was a bad game, simple as that..EVERYBODY on our team sucked tonight..

inability to make open shots, and no energy at all..

ducks
04-23-2009, 09:58 PM
what is nice all the shooters were cold
so hopefully they all will be on fire next game

pawe
04-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Risking the starters to have a respectable final score is bullshit. You retreat then regroup for a game 4 that is going to be played in less than 48 hrs. Still, the Spurs sucked stinking monkey balls tonight!

spurtech09
04-23-2009, 10:20 PM
well I didn't get to watch the game but yeah the spurs lost tonight .....I still believe the spurs can play better and they will win saturday....book it

wisnub
04-23-2009, 11:49 PM

Pop did pull out starters alot in the regular season, and most of them were not back to back. Dont say retarded unless you are a person who like to quit when its still early 3rd quarter (which i think you are). Player in the NBA level should be in at his top of conditioning level and able to play back to back games and still try to perform and fight every single game. Celtics starters stay even when they were in blowout situation. Maybe they need less rest than Spurs. And if you really follow Spurs game,than this is typical. Pop always do that regardless its a regular season or playoffs. How do you explain Pop pulling out starters in regular season in early 3rd quarter and its not a back to back game just because the Spurs getting blown out??????
But i understand your frustration, I too hope that starters will get rest and next game will be a different one...

Dingle Barry
04-24-2009, 12:44 AM
No, no, no. The order is:

1. Become fluent in english.

2. Post on message boards.

crc21209
04-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Average margin of victory > 20 points.

Tim Duncan too inefficient to win.

The other team is just better.

:bang

That's what people said after games 3 and 4 in 2005 Finals.

Detroit steamrolled us in 2 consecutive games: 97 to 76 in game 3 and 102 to 71 in game 4. Duncan shoot terribly from the floor and looked like he was never coming out of it.

But he did. Horry's heroics sometimes mask Duncan's large numbers in game 5, despite the missed free throws and the missed tip-in.

And in game 7, Duncan "came up big when you have to come up big" (Al Michaels) and dominated from the middle of the third quarter to the final buzzer.

Duncan was injured then as well.

And yes, this isn't the 2005 San Antonio Spurs. A far sight from it.

But, neither are the 2009 Dallas Mavericks the 2005 Detroit Pistons. Not even close.

And if we win game 4, then we get home court advantage back.

After this piss-poor performance and effort and out of desperation (to avoid going down 3 to 1) and due to a desire to redeem themselves after this humiliating beat down, the Spurs may find a way to win game 4.

So, this first round series in 2009 with San Antonio Spurs vs Dallas Mavericks isn't over by a long shot. In fact, it's just begun.

Teams often alternate games for the first several games.

Let's hope that this is what takes place in game 4.

Believe.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Hell yeah this is what I'm talkin about! :toast :flag:

Bukefal
04-24-2009, 01:43 AM
it was a bad game yeah, but come on, never say its done. Instead, focus on the next game, where we will win. Be confident!!

Chief
04-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Game is still on 3rd quarter. i dont know why Pop pull all starters out and not even leave Tony there just in case his jumpshooot back...and putting JV too soon. I know Spurs didnt make any shots but this kind of give up I rarely seen in NBA, Celtics will never take out their starters this early nor Lakers. They will try to make score respectable no matter what. I am done watching basketball this playoff...Spurs is done and they will not going to win this series this way. Pop is giving up too early on starters and for whoever that think we can still win this: take a look at the score. NO WAY CHAMPION GETTING BEAT UP OVER 30pts in playoffs,not any given time. Spurs officially fucked!!!!

2005 nba finals, spurs vs pistons
game 4

pistons 102
spurs 71

we won the championship that year, dunno if u were on the bandwagon that year or not, to you and all the fuckin whiners "i'm done with spurs playoff basketball, blah blah blah " shut the fuck up !
-------------

onarollbaby
04-24-2009, 02:09 AM
I expect the Spurs particularly Timmy to come out smoking in game 4.

m33p0
04-24-2009, 03:19 AM
oh i don't know. probably because the ponies had a huge lead, spurs unable to match their energy, the team unable to hit anything, and the fact that there is still a Game 4 to be played.

Mavs<Spurs
04-24-2009, 04:01 AM
Hell yeah this is what I'm talkin about! :toast :flag:

I will bet that Spurs win game 4 if there is a vbookie. For game 3, because Spurs had won big and we were returning to Mavs home arena, I bet vbookie money that Mavs would win. So, unfortunately, I won vbookie money then.
However, I think that Spurs will win game 4.

Tbam327
04-24-2009, 04:15 AM
keep dreaming... I am.... Still hoping POP will retire and we can get on with the New Spurs and put away the old spurs. We got our TITLES now lets do it again. We got to put in our time and give our young guys time to develop and then kick ass just like Timmy and tony did. I can wait I'm not a Band wagon..wanna be spur fan. I'm a true SPURS FAN since 77 and I always will be a Spurs Fan. Now lets look to get some more talented rookies and a True coach / someone who can use all their players not just vets who you put out there hoping they wont break down. GO SPURS GO.....

angelbelow
04-24-2009, 04:20 AM
lol its not official is it?

sachick210
04-24-2009, 09:54 PM
keep dreaming... I am.... Still hoping POP will retire and we can get on with the New Spurs and put away the old spurs. We got our TITLES now lets do it again. We got to put in our time and give our young guys time to develop and then kick ass just like Timmy and tony did. I can wait I'm not a Band wagon..wanna be spur fan. I'm a true SPURS FAN since 77 and I always will be a Spurs Fan. Now lets look to get some more talented rookies and a True coach / someone who can use all their players not just vets who you put out there hoping they wont break down. GO SPURS GO.....

why would u wanna get rid of pop? because spurs lost one game? or have you been anti pop for a while now? :p:

Tbam327
04-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah he is not a coach he is a GM. he is lucky hes got Parker and Duncan and If they go down he goes down because he doesn't know how to develop talent. He wasn't even picked as a coach he made himself coach. Just notice that when things get bad on the court he just starts putting in players in and out and doesn't know how to get good match ups. He also pulls put bench players when they get hot just to show them he is in charge and determines their playing time. cause if a player looks good then people will wonder why he doesn't play them more. which leads to make coaching decisions. Here is one of his coaching jobs where you can see he has no clue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIBA_World_Championship