04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Here:

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2009/live1/

SpursFan0728
04-23-2009, 10:31 PM
thanks for sharing.

alchemist
04-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Parker was pretty bold. Said the Mavs have more weapons offensively and if they don't play defense the Spurs have zero chance to win.

ElNono
04-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I think we missed the coaches. I wanted to hear what Pop had to say.

ducks
04-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Well TP just said that if we don't play defense we don't have any chance at all to beat Dallas. He said obviously Dallas or any other team when you make shots it gives you more energy and also helps you to play better defense. He said the Spurs cannot stop playing defense just because shots are not going on. The SPURS MUST play defense.

Is TP sending a message to Pop? I don't recall Pop saying anything about defense in his press conference.

ElNono
04-23-2009, 10:35 PM
What did Pop say? I missed it.

ducks
04-23-2009, 10:36 PM

we missed shots

ElNono
04-23-2009, 10:37 PM
we missed shots

I figured. Thanks!

loveforthegame
04-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Would love to see Bowen in the starting lineup but who does he replace?

Finley? Bowen would make it difficult for Howard but that still leaves Barea to abuse Mason.

Mason? Bowen would take Barea out of the game but that still leaves Howard to abuse Finley.

We can't expect Bowen to help on Finley/Mason too.

And who does that leave to guard Terry when he comes into the game?

lurker
04-23-2009, 10:56 PM
He was laughing and joking around, didn't seemed bothered the least bit.

loveforthegame
04-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Some snippets:

Pop on pushing the stat sheet away:

“Have some mercy will ya?” Popovich said, laughing. “It’s bad enough I had to watch this. Now you’re going to make me look at the stat sheet?”

On pulling his starters with 7:42 left in the 3rd:

“I didn’t see where we were going to get back in that one,” Popovich said.

Duncan:

“This was an awful game,” Duncan said. “Hopefully I’ll come out here (Saturday) and be a leader.”

Parker:

"We have to play with a lot more energy,” Parker said. “That’s it.”

SnakeBoy
04-23-2009, 10:58 PM

He didn't say much. He was very jovial. Started off pushing the stat sheets off the table saying "do you really want me to look at this shit, c'mon have some mercy". Then said "not much to say, they kicked our asses" and then joked around some more.

ducks
04-23-2009, 10:59 PM
“This was an awful game,” Duncan said. “Hopefully I’ll come out here (Saturday) and be a leader.”
if it is your team you fucking should have brought it tonight and not mailed it in since joe was reffing

raspsa
04-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Its a best-of-5 series and the mavs just are up 1-0 that's all. Funny how people overeact after a single loss.. wish it didn't turn out this way but the Spurs have responded well in this situation before I'll just just wait to see how the next game turns out. Pop's real cool in these types of situations.

loveforthegame
04-23-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure what's worse.

Pop joking around like they were up 30 points most the game or ...

Duncan talking about needing to be a leader and Parker talking about the team needing to come out with energy.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-23-2009, 11:04 PM
if it is your team you fucking should have brought it tonight and not mailed it in since joe was reffing
:lol

Are you mad because Tim Duncan had the gall to ASSUME he's the leader of this team, instead of saying it's Tony??

Did Duncan not satisfy you with that comment??

NewJerSpur
04-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, we played pretty good defense in game 2 even with our current roster. Not an impossibility IMO.

SouthTexasRancher
04-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Pop had the look of someone who knew something....like orders came down from Dictator Stern to make this series go 7 games so the Lakers have plenty of rest as they sweep each series before they get their butts kicked by the Cavs.

NewJerSpur
04-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Pop had the look of someone who knew something....like orders came down from Dictator Stern to make this series go 7 games so the Lakers have plenty of rest as they sweep each series before they get their butts kicked by the Cavs.

I'd actually root for the Lakers in the event that reality materialized. I've stomached Kobe winning a ring in past years when he was slightly more pretentious. If LeBron wins, the universe shall collapse and every NBA team shall be forced in some goofy pregame dance-off or something.

EDIT: Still not giving up on my Spurs though, as bad as it's gotten.

SnakeBoy
04-23-2009, 11:13 PM
No way I could ever root for Kobe. I'd have to root for the man child.

SA210
04-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Duncans right about being a leader. That's right, it came from His own mouth. So there you have it. Timmy needs to come out on Saturday and be a frickin' leader that we didn't see out there tonight. The MVP Duncan that we know. Nuff said.

Go Spurs!

timaios
04-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Dallas scored 46 pts in the 1st half. 46x2 = 92 pts.
I think the defense was ok. The Spurs can win a game with Dallas scoring 92 pts.
The problem was the 30 pts they scored in the 1st half !!!

NewJerSpur
04-23-2009, 11:18 PM
No way I could ever root for Kobe. I'd have to root for the man child.

Kobe wins a ring, it's a quiet championship because although he's FINALLY proven he could win without Shaq (even though it took some possible collusion to put him in a position to do so) he'll want to "one-up" the Diesel and get back to work. If Lebron wins a ring....God/Allah/Bhudda help is all, you'll never hear the end of it.

Still, the Spurs aren't done yet!!!

sprrs
04-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Dallas scored 46 pts in the 1st half. 46x2 = 92 pts.
I think the defense was ok. The Spurs can win a game with Dallas scoring 92 pts.
The problem was the 30 pts they scored in the 1st half !!!

What was the percentage the Mavs shot in the first half? I think it was something like 70%

E20
04-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Pop made a joke of the Spurs suckiness and laughed it off. Fuck he should be mad and calling players out.

timaios
04-23-2009, 11:38 PM
What was the percentage the Mavs shot in the first half? I think it was something like 70%

Under 50%. I think it was between 46% and 48%.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Pop made a joke of the Spurs suckiness and laughed it off. Fuck he should be mad and calling players out.

It starts from the top. He doesn't expect to win this year. (At least win the first round!) He's already on vacation in his head.

DPG21920
04-23-2009, 11:45 PM
48% is what the Mavs shot in the 1st half.

fusionjazzman72
04-24-2009, 12:03 AM

He said we don't have pride anymore or balls so lets spread our cheeks tonight and take it. He also said I don't remember game 2 so I am not going to put Bowen on Barea!!!

fusionjazzman72
04-24-2009, 12:05 AM
He also said I am signing Finley to a 5yr extension next year because I love him so much

ducks
04-24-2009, 12:24 AM
It starts from the top. He doesn't expect to win this year. (At least win the first round!) He's already on vacation in his head.

yeah spurs have to have manu spurs have to have manu spurs have to have manu to win

gee thanks pop for telling the spurs that 2-3 months ago

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-24-2009, 12:29 AM
yeah spurs have to have manu spurs have to have manu spurs have to have manu to win

gee thanks pop for telling the spurs that 2-3 months ago
:lol
I agree with Ducks for once, he makes a good point in retrospect.
I don't agree with Pop treating the loss of Manu as a done deal for the Spurs to go far. These guys should go down swinging.

sprrs
04-24-2009, 12:37 AM
48% is what the Mavs shot in the 1st half.

Ok not quiiiiite 70% but you're gonna tell me that the Spurs should proud they held the Mavs to nearly 50%?

Spurs Brazil
04-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Pop video:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/090423_pop_pg.html

sribb43
04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
I hate the Spurs but I love Pop....After a Spurs playoff loss he by far has the best press conferences

holcs50
04-24-2009, 04:01 PM
I'd actually root for the Lakers in the event that reality materialized. I've stomached Kobe winning a ring in past years when he was slightly more pretentious. If LeBron wins, the universe shall collapse and every NBA team shall be forced in some goofy pregame dance-off or something.

EDIT: Still not giving up on my Spurs though, as bad as it's gotten.

Puke in ....MOUTH. Never ever would i root for kobes lakers to win under any circumstance...never. If you don't think kobe finally getting his chip without diesel will being talked about all the f'in time on sportscenter your crazy! It will constantly be talked about. The lakes are arguably the biggest basketball market in the whole NBA-they have arguably the biggest fan base-the main story would be kobe and it would be rammed down your throat for the next year as well as all the kobe-MJ comparisons and so on. I would root my heart out for the cavs over the lakers-for the reasons stated above, i hate kobe, and I actually like lebrons personality/play

EricB
04-24-2009, 04:06 PM

What good comes out of calling players out other than alienating them?

Again, good thing Spurstalk is working in the coaching staff nor front office.