PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game Quotes?

DesignatedT
04-24-2009, 12:00 AM
anyone? missed the streaming video. anxious to know what everyone was saying....

Findog
04-24-2009, 12:11 AM
"Tonight was a decent effort by us, but we've definitely got to pick it up when we play Denver next round." - Dirk Nowitzki

Findog
04-24-2009, 12:13 AM
"Nothing to get too excited about, it's good to get the win, but we're not thinking about that right now. We're just focused on the Nuggets and what we've gotta do to matchup with them and what they do." - Jason Kidd

fusionjazzman72
04-24-2009, 12:14 AM
anyone? missed the streaming video. anxious to know what everyone was saying....

"Tonight was a decent effort but we have to pick up our effort just like the 06 finals"

Findog
04-24-2009, 12:15 AM
"Looking back at this past season, I definitely stepped my game up this year and really came out strong with the MVP campaign. I think it's safe to say that the Tim Duncan Era is over and the Tony Parker Era is underway. After we get beat by Dallas, I'm gonna hit the beaches with Eva and take some time off to relax and charge my batteries, but next year this is my team." - Tony Parker

td4mvp21
04-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the recap, Findog.

Fucking asshole :flipoff

Findog
04-24-2009, 12:17 AM
"You know what, this is all gravy, this is basically playing with house money. I've always been content to be on an NBA roster and get paid six figures. That's a pretty good deal, right? I couldn't get off the bench for some bad teams in Toronto, but it's a pretty cool city and I was having fun. But to get to play? And not only play, but start? For a playoff team? Are you kidding me? I'm just happy to be here." - Matt Bonner

Findog
04-24-2009, 12:25 AM
"You can't sleep on that little guy over there. He may be small, but he's quick and fearless, and he's relentless going to the basket. We may have taken him a little too lightly." - JJ Barea

Findog
04-24-2009, 12:27 AM
"I'd like to resign here, but you know, that really just all depends on what kind of offers I get on the open market and what the Spurs can do to make the Drewster feel more at home. I'm definitely a 20/10 guy that needs to get his touches, and so far I haven't gotten what I'm accustomed to here. The Big Dog's gotta eat and gotta get paid is all I'm saying." - Drew Gooden

duncan228
04-25-2009, 02:02 AM
If anyone is still looking for them.

Post Game Quotes Game 3 (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_090423.html)

Head Coach Gregg Popovich

On the game - “They kicked our ass every which way but loose. I thought we didn’t play well at either end of the court. They had a lot to do with it. Their energy and aggressiveness was great. They executed and did a hell of a job. That’s that.”

On what he said to his team at halftime - “Probably something like, ‘If it’s not too much trouble, I think it would be a good idea if we made a few baskets and stopped a few.’ Some intelligent thing like that.”

Is this a game a cause for concern or chalked up to just one of those games? - “That’s a great question. It’s a little bit of both. You can’t ignore how you got your butt kicked. We’ll look at some things and see if we can pick some things up. But they just came out like we thought they would come out. We thought we were prepared for it, but obviously for some reason we were not. So we’ll move on and try to get our edge back at 3 o’clock on Saturday.”

On resting Duncan early - “It’s a short turn around for us and I didn’t see where we were going to get back in that one. So I thought it was wiser to make sure Tony and Tim have their energy because what we generate starts with them.”

Does a game like this send a better message to your team than a close win? - “Theoretically sure, I guess it’s true, but it’s disappointing. When you win a game you talk about coming back the right way from a win just like you talk about coming back from a loss the right way. We talked about that a lot. You have to handle wins as well as you handle losses. Often times handling wins is tougher than handling losses, and we certainly proved that tonight. But the game is done and it’s time to get ready for Saturday.”

Tim Duncan

What is the mindset after that one? - "Obviously we're disappointed with our effort. Give them credit, they played well, they used the energy of their home court, they attacked us from horn-to-horn, and they really put us on our heels. We played very poorly and we have to put this one behind us and understand that the next one is the most important. We'll regroup and do the regular stuff - watch some film, make some adjustments, and come out here the next game and give a much better performance."

Any fuel to when they beat their chests and dropped confetti? - "It doesn't need to. The kind of performance that we put out there is all the fuel we need. We're not going to play like that again, we're not going to give that kind of effort, and we're not going to make those kinds of mistakes again. It didn't matter what they did - it was great, they came out and they played well, and they were at home and they were excited. Good for them. We have to respond the right way and come back and play a much better game on Saturday."

What did they do defensively to get you guys out of sync? - "I don't know that they did a whole lot different defensively. You give their defense credit obviously, but we missed a lot of shots. We missed a lot of shots that we've been hitting throughout and on top of that, offensively I thought they were much better than they have been. They were aggressive, they made shots, they made the right plays and you compound those two things together and all of a sudden we're down whatever we're down early on and we're trying to fight back into it. Like I said, credit to them. We played poorly and we have to adjust and come out and play a better game on Saturday."

Is that why Popovich put you guys on the bench early in that 3rd quarter to save you for game 4? - "Yeah, we have a quick turnaround on Saturday. And at the point that he pulled us we went into that third quarter and tried to make a push and they score like 6 in a row or something like that and obviously not the response we wanted to come out with at half. But he pulls us and puts us on the bench and lets us sit there and simmer. So hopefully that's a little bit of fuel in addition with a little bit of rest for us and we're ready to go."

Drew Gooden

Is the chest bumping at the end of the game motivation for the next one? - "That's typical playoff basketball. A team goes on a run and you have guys celebrating, excited and pumped up, just like we were at our house they had their taste tonight. So all we can do is look forward to the next game and start beating our chests. That's their thing. They had it going tonight. They played excellent basketball defensively and offensively and we were out of sync offensively. They got whatever they wanted offensively, so it was a tough night for us."

Was it something they did or something you guys didn't do? - "A little bit of both. We didn't respond well to what to what they were throwing at us. So defensively they had us out of sync."

Head Coach Rick Carlisle

On the game - “I liked the way we played. The score, at this point, is insignificant. The challenge is to maintain the same kind of edge heading into Saturday. It’s a long series.”

On defensive rebounds tonight - “It was big but we got them to miss some shots, too, which helps. You have the opportunity for defensive rebounds when the other team misses. That was a factor.”

“What matters now is Saturday’s game and us getting ourselves in the mindset that we have to come out the same way because they are going to come out in Game 4 the same way we came out in Game 3 after this kind of game. That’s where it’s at.”

“The numbers told the story. We hadn’t defended well for two games. Our guys they came out very aggressive. They were very committed. We spent a couple days shoring up some things coverage-wise. They missed some shots they normally make early in the game too. Getting our crowd into it is big. We’ve got a great building. San Antonio’s got a great crowd. It’s our job to keep them into it. I was at the Memorial Day massacre back in 1985. I know these situations all too well. This is about staying really focused on what’s important. That is possession-to-possession playing with the same kind of force that we played with tonight. Anything less than that and we’re not doing what we can do to put ourselves in the position to be successful.”

“We started that lineup a lot this year. I thought it was the right way to go without getting into a bunch of stuff. That lineup knows how to play together because they have done it several times, maybe 15 times during the regular season. It was effective. It was less about who was out there and more about the team’s disposition. That’s where we’ve got to stay consistent and keep that edge.”

Dirk Nowitzki

On the game - “Great effort on both ends of the floor for us tonight, but defensively is how we made it all happen. Holding them to 30 points in the first half was big. We were rotating, scrambling and you can run whatever pick-n-roll coverage you want but if you don’t bring the energy or the focus to it nothing is going to work. Our fans were behind us and that really got us going and it was a great defensive night and we benefit from that offensively. When we get stops, when we rebound the ball and get the ball into Jason Kidd’s hands he’s the best at making decisions on the break so our offense really benefitted from our defense tonight.”

How big was it to get off to that fast start tonight? – “Yeah in the first two games they (Spurs) were the aggressors early and they got out to early leads in both games. We just wanted to turn that around and get our crowd into the game and get everyone excited. It always comes down to making shots and we made a lot of shots early.”

Were you surprised that Pop pulled his starters so early? – “It’s his decision, but it going to be a quick turnaround for everybody. It’s an afternoon game on Saturday so we have a little less than 48 hours to get ready and do it again. They’re (Spurs) going to shoot the ball a lot better, they’re going to have more energy and we’ve got to match that so it’s another big game for us on Saturday.”

Josh Howard

On the game - “We thought it was going to be a tough game, which it was early, but we came out motivated, executed early and the fans were behind us 100 percent tonight and that’s one thing that really got our motors running.”

“We were just very aggressive tonight. We’re buying into the game plan and Damp stepped up big. A lot of people gave him flack for what he said but this is an NBA game, guys go out there and play hard and he didn’t mean anything by it and he took that as motivation and we went out there tonight a played great. Damp is the anchor of our defense and we follow our anchor.”

“We tried not to give the Spurs time to load up on defensive end. We attacked the basket when we could and that’s what we have to continue to do.”

How much credit do you give the crowd tonight? – “Why not give the credit to the fans and the city of Dallas. We’re just trying to play hard and we’re going to keep playing hard the rest of the series.”