PDA

View Full Version : cavs are going to win the title...

The_Game
04-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Lakers have been exposed defensively and the fact they can't keep big leads...they don't seem to have the hunger and passion to win..the cavs want it bad.

Cavs play lockdown defense and have a good offense..Lebron is playing out his mind and i can't see the Cavs losing in the Q.

lakers are not playing championship basketball right now.

UrAphag
04-24-2009, 01:02 AM
The lakers only play championship ball when they face the top teams in the league. And they match up great with the cavs. I don't think it will be an easy series, but I can see the lakers taking one at the Q

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm very surprised at the lack of effort from the Lakers thus far. You would think the playoffs of all things would motivate them.

I have heard that both Kobe and Gasol are trying to save their legs for the final push though. Maybe they think they can coast their way to the Finals and then go all out. Sounds stupid and dangerous to me.

Ghazi
04-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Mehhhh,

Cavs are better defensive team

But the head 2 head Lakers dominated in the paint both times.

Cavs are kinda a jump shooting team.

Paint points > jump shots

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 01:30 AM
This Laker team is also not really playing at a high level right now. Not entirely sure why as it is the playoffs, but I've seen them play better basketball than this.

Are they still coasting until they really need to turn it on? Who knows....

j.dizzle
04-24-2009, 02:09 AM
Is it just me or are the Lakers playing like Jazz the same way they would play the Clippers haha that is their biggggest problem. They are way too laid back when they arent facing the best teams

j.dizzle
04-24-2009, 02:11 AM
If LA doesnt win on saturday they are gonna regret todays game like crazy. They played like garbage & still went up by 13 at one point. If someone showed me the stats after the game I would think LA lost by atleast 20 so its all good. I'll still stick with my LA in 5 prediction

baseline bum
04-24-2009, 02:44 AM
You almost always pick the defensive team to win the title over the offensive juggernaut, but to me it's kind of telling that it required perfect offensive execution the last few plays from Utah and a shot with 2.2 seconds left to just hold on and beat a Lakers team which had Kobe Bryant shoot 21%. I got burned picking the offensive juggernauts in 04, 06, and 08, but I don't think Cleveland can put up the points to compete with LA this time around (though I said the same about Detroit in '04).

pauls931
04-24-2009, 07:59 AM
The lakers only play championship ball when they face the top teams in the league. And they match up great with the cavs. I don't think it will be an easy series, but I can see the lakers taking one at the Q

like boston

stretch
04-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Lakers defense is terrible. I don't know how people don't see this, but that will be their downfall yet again. Their defense fucking sucks, and the only time it even seems effective is when their high-offense is flowing well, forcing opponents into forcing quick shots and 3's.

Cavs win in 6.

sonic21
04-24-2009, 08:46 AM
I actually think this game shows how good the Lakers actually are.

I'm not sure many teams could nearly survive such an abysmal game by their star player and nearly beat a tough home team like the Jazz.

my prediction: cavs in 7 :tu

Rogue
04-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Lakers defense is terrible. I don't know how people don't see this, but that will be their downfall yet again. Their defense fucking sucks, and the only time it even seems effective is when their high-offense is flowing well, forcing opponents into forcing quick shots and 3's.

Cavs win in 6.
I doubt the Lakers will make the finals if they continue to suck that bad, probably their poor defense will kill them halfway in wcf or even in the second round. Bynum may make a change to it though. btw, LMAO @ Kobe shooting 5-24 from the field. :lmao

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 09:06 AM
When you look at the Cavs and even the Nuggets of all teams you see that they are clearly on a mission. Even if they are up 10 they are still fighting on defense.

The Lakers have not displayed that kind of fire for some time, probably not since they faced off with BOS/CLE. Are they saving some energy in the tank for the Finals or have they simply ran out of gas? I don't know.

stretch
04-24-2009, 09:14 AM
When you look at the Cavs and even the Nuggets of all teams you see that they are clearly on a mission. Even if they are up 10 they are still fighting on defense.

The Lakers have not displayed that kind of fire for some time, probably not since they faced off with BOS/CLE. Are they saving some energy in the tank for the Finals or have they simply ran out of gas? I don't know.

They simply don't play defense, they have a lot of soft players, and have a leader that still hasn't shown that he's a true leader yet.

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 10:10 AM
You're an idiot and NOBODY takes you seriously stretch

stretch
04-24-2009, 10:12 AM
You're an idiot and NOBODY takes you seriously stretch

Probably because 95% of my posts are not serious.

But that one was.

ducks
04-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Lakers have been exposed defensively and the fact they can't keep big leads...they don't seem to have the hunger and passion to win..the cavs want it bad.

Cavs play lockdown defense and have a good offense..Lebron is playing out his mind and i can't see the Cavs losing in the Q.

cavs gave up a big lead to pistons almost

stretch
04-24-2009, 02:17 PM
cavs gave up a big lead to pistons almost

after the game was over and they pulled Lebron, fuckface.

meaningless comeback.

ducks
04-24-2009, 02:17 PM
after the game was over and they pulled Lebron, fuckface.

meaningless comeback.

it almost cost them the game though

stretch
04-24-2009, 02:39 PM
it almost cost them the game though

hey... wait... i dont know if you realized it, but you just COMPLEMENTED lebron

:flypig

scanry
04-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Lakers play good against good team, and the Cavs murder bad teams. Cavs have a great home record, and the Lakers have the best road record. Cavs have the MVP and the Lakers have the best player in the league. Both team have players that know their roles.

Lakers should win in six, but if the refs pull an 06 for James like they did Wade it could be trouble.

I pretty much agree with everything what you just said. Except that Lebron is the best player in the league right now.

TheNextGen
04-24-2009, 06:05 PM
You Lakers fans are such crybabies...you beat the Jazz both times by 10+..and lose by 2 points at Utah. WTF are you guys whining about?!

iggypop123
04-24-2009, 06:13 PM
it just gets easier for the cavs. detroit cant even sell out its playoff game

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-24-2009, 06:27 PM
"Not on my watch!!!!!"

Ghayzi
04-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Mehhhh,

Cavs are better defensive team

But the head 2 head Lakers dominated in the paint both times.

Cavs are kinda a jump shooting team.

Paint points > jump shots

When our precious boys in blue meet those Fagaliers in the finals, those jumpshooters won't stand a chance against our 3 headed slashing attack by J-ho, Barea, and the Jet! :cheer

We love our boys in blue!

Ghazi
04-24-2009, 07:12 PM

They only "appear" that way because NOLA and Detroit ar ehorrible.

10 teams in the league, if not more, would appear to be "on a mission" against those two teams.

Jazz are a solid team.

Only knock on LA is they aren't a shut down defensive team.

But they're not as bad defensively as some make them out to be.

RsxPiimp
04-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Lakers play good against good team, and the Cavs murder bad teams. Cavs have a great home record, and the Lakers have the best road record. Cavs have the MVP and the Lakers have the best player in the league. Both team have players that know their roles.

Lakers should win in six, but if the refs pull an 06 for James like they did Wade it could be trouble.

wait. lebron plays for the lakers now?

RsxPiimp
04-24-2009, 07:27 PM

meh. lakers last year was also destroying every team in the west. they swept the nuggets, took the spurs in 5 games and the jazz in 6. they look primed for a title.

on the other hand, the celtics were having a tough time against cavs and hawks with both teams taking the series to 7 games. but when both la and boston faced in the finals, the deeper team won. i expect the lakers to do the same against cavs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Cavs could have enough big bodies to go against the lakers. With Big Ben back I didn't realize they Sideshow Bob, Joe Smith, Ben Wallace, Big Z to go through and make a versatile front court, they have a lot of forwards... Lakers defense is suspect they allow too many points.

Budkin
04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Agreed. Nobody is going to stop LeBron this year. Especially in the playoffs.

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Only Varajaeo has the size to truly contend with LA's bigs.

Big Z is too old and slow.
Wallace is way too undersized.
Joe Smith is all three...old, slow, and undersized.

Odom, Gasol, and Bynum will be able to have their way unless they get double teamed. And trust me you don't want James on Odom because then you have absolutely nobody to guard Kobe.

Look we've already seen what happened in both regular season matchups. Lebron was effectively contained and LAL dominated with their front court. That isn't going to magically change because it's the playoffs (see Celtics vs. LAL in the regular season last year).

Ghayzi
04-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Denver could maybe possibly upset the Lakers IMO

lefty
04-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Lakers beat Cavs in Finals

j.dizzle
04-24-2009, 09:59 PM

Odom, Gasol, and Bynum will be able to have their way unless they get double teamed. And trust me you don't want James on Odom because then you have absolutely nobody to guard Kobe.

Look we've already seen what happened in both regular season matchups. Lebron was effectively contained and LAL dominated with their front court. That isn't going to magically change because it's the playoffs (see Celtics vs. LAL in the regular season last year).

Hopefully Bynum doesnt play too agressive if they both make it to the finals.U'll be seeing Veraflop flying all over the place :lol That's the only thing im scared of.

Nocioni
04-24-2009, 10:20 PM
lol lakers can toy all they want in the west but not vs the cavs w/ best def and HCA in the playoffs

KidCongo
04-24-2009, 10:58 PM

I'm pretty sure Smith and Wallace will be able to box out Odom better than JJ Hickson.

Gasol is the match up I don't like. Cavs would have to keep Gasol, Odom and Bynum off the offensive boards. LeBron will make adjustments to the Lakers defense and will get a ton of calls on Bynum.

Dr House
04-24-2009, 11:05 PM
The only hope for the Cavs to win a title is to pray they dont face us. The Lakeshow have already shown they can go into Cleveland and win handily.

Cleveland is a one man show, while the Lakers offense is like poetry in motion and is the definition of balanced. I ask anyone of you heathens to find a better and more productive offense in NBA history.

Odom gives you matchup problems all over the board, while Gasol is more skilled then all of Cleveland's bigs combined and then you have Bynum, the freak, to account for. And I haven't even taken into account, the greatest individual scorer in the game today, Kobe Bryant.

All is right in Lakerland and there is a reason why every other fan is butthurt. How can you blame them?

Ghazi
04-24-2009, 11:16 PM
The only hope for the Cavs to win a title is to pray they dont face us. The Lakeshow have already shown they can go into Cleveland and win handily.

Cleveland is a one man show, while the Lakers offense is like poetry in motion and is the definition of balanced. I ask anyone of you heathens to find a better and more productive offense in NBA history.

Odom gives you matchup problems all over the board, while Gasol is more skilled then all of Cleveland's bigs combined and then you have Bynum, the freak, to account for. And I haven't even taken into account, the greatest individual scorer in the game today, Kobe Bryant.

All is right in Lakerland and there is a reason why every other fan is butthurt. How can you blame them?

:lol :lol

mavs>spurs2
04-24-2009, 11:17 PM
This Dr House troll is money :greedy

IronMexican
04-24-2009, 11:20 PM
One more win for Cleveland, and I'll be rolling in the V-dough

KidCongo
04-24-2009, 11:44 PM
One more win for Cleveland, and I'll be rolling in the V-dough

Weren't the odds 6/5?

ducks
04-24-2009, 11:45 PM
cavs would not win the title if they do
it will be stern and the refs

lefty
04-25-2009, 12:36 AM

Ok that was a weird post, but I agree with you on the fact that the Lakers are way better than Cleveland

polysylab1k
04-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Ok that was a weird post, but I agree with you on the fact that the Lakers are way better than Cleveland
That's why I think the celtics will make the finals again this year.

Josepatches_
04-25-2009, 02:39 PM
I pretty much agree with everything what you just said. Except that Lebron is the best player in the league right now.

Right now and at least the next five years if he's healthy

The_Game
04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
so how many think cavs won't win the title then? even though they have amazing defense and good offense and homecourt

TampaDude
04-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Lakers vs. Cavs in the Finals

Cavs in 6

Book it!

21_Blessings
04-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Everyone picking Cavs over Lakers is completely retarded and most likely didn't watch either of the head to head matchups closely. The playoffs are about matchups, simple as that. Cavs will be curbstomped out of the hemisphere if they see the LA in the finals.

TampaDude
04-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Everyone picking Cavs over Lakers is completely retarded and most likely didn't watch either of the head to head matchups closely. The playoffs are about matchups, simple as that. Cavs will be curbstomped out of the hemisphere if they see the LA in the finals.

You haven't been watching the Cavs much recently, have you??? Playoffs are about momentum, and the Cavs got that all over the Lakers.

BUMP
04-28-2009, 04:29 PM
:(please no, anybody but the Cavs:(

TampaDude
04-28-2009, 04:32 PM
http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/lebron_james.jpg

^ :lol

21_Blessings
04-28-2009, 04:46 PM
You haven't been watching the Cavs much recently, have you??? Playoffs are about momentum, and the Cavs got that all over the Lakers.

Based on beating a horrible team like Detroit? Are you serious? :lol

THe Jazz were a game away from the 2nd seed only a few weeks ago. They are an infinitely better team than Detroit and they were a lucky jumper away from getting swept in the 1st round.

Cavs beating up on mediocre/terrible teams in the East doesn't mean shit. Their record against elite NBA teams is laughable, including 0-2 against the Lakers.

Momentum doesn't mean shit. It's all matchups and Cavs don't matchup well with the Lakers at all.

Lars
04-28-2009, 05:46 PM
The Cavs are definatley a threat to win a game in the finals. Didn't they get blown out by Orlando though not too long ago?

The_Game
04-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Based on beating a horrible team like Detroit? Are you serious? :lol

THe Jazz were a game away from the 2nd seed only a few weeks ago. They are an infinitely better team than Detroit and they were a lucky jumper away from getting swept in the 1st round.

Cavs beating up on mediocre/terrible teams in the East doesn't mean shit. Their record against elite NBA teams is laughable, including 0-2 against the Lakers.

Momentum doesn't mean shit. It's all matchups and Cavs don't matchup well with the Lakers at all.

They only had a bad record against the Lakers...where they had guys missing. with key rotation guys out injured..you can't base it off the regular season when guys who were out before are back now.

cavs are being so underrated here...DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

RedsLakers24
04-29-2009, 12:01 PM
They only had a bad record against the Lakers...where they had guys missing. with key rotation guys out injured..you can't base it off the regular season when guys who were out before are back now.

cavs are being so underrated here...DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

Dont forget Lakers didnt have Brown who is playing great, Bynum wasnt in Clev and still manage to win the game, Lakers also were without guys and playing on a 7 road game and still manage to win, Common u act like Clev was missing all the guys