PDA

View Full Version : Pop = Kobe

DPG21920
04-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Did anyone else find it strange that Pop and Kobe acted the exact same way during the post game interviews? I know many question Pop's fire (I do not always agree with waiving the white flag as a fan and an athlete), but I do not think anyone question's Kobe's desire to win.

Why would they act like that? Is it something those guys know that we do not? I just found it odd and if Pop is going to come out in game 4 anything like Kobe is, watch out.

samikeyp
04-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Because they both know that their series are not over.

Fabbs
04-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Different yet similar.

Kobe knows the Jazz suck on the road and even at home it took his going 5-24 for the Jazz to eek out a two point last second win. Plus Kobe knows the refs will always be there for him and the Lakers should "bail out time" become neccessary this series.

'Popped on the other hand has ownership, management and 98% of his fans including this board being completely satisfied with 4 previous coatail riden titles so he knows it matters not if he coaches the Spurs to a win or loss this series.

tmtcsc
04-24-2009, 10:46 AM
I think coach Pop understands that it's fruitless to get angry at this point. He's not yelling at a bunch of rookies or youngsters. He's assembled a team that is loaded with good character guys. He can't question their will to win. He knows their success hinges on ability to make shots and on talent.

We don't have as much talent as our opponents so we have to play our best every night. If we don't ? We get clobbered.

porscha
04-24-2009, 12:44 PM
nope, kobe is not a quitter! never

z0sa
04-24-2009, 01:15 PM
nope, kobe is not a quitter! never

except on his teammates