PDA

View Full Version : Pulling the team was the wrong message

Squidward
04-24-2009, 10:26 AM
It meant that you quit. I never ever want my team to quit. They should have kept playing for pride if nothing else.

By the way, there is a sale on rope at Home Depot. Just trying to be helpful.

BigPoppi
04-24-2009, 10:31 AM
I agree. Conceding defeat is not the way to go down.

I will have more to say about this, but first I need to go have thirds of breakfast.

Strike
04-24-2009, 10:32 AM
It meant that you quit. I never ever want my team to quit. They should have kept playing for pride if nothing else.

Where's the pride in losing? Where's the pride in wearing your starters down for no good reason? Where's the pride in risking an injury to your top players in a game you're most obviously not going to win? There is no pride to be had in a blowout. None. You think the Mavericks would have been impressed by seeing Tony and Tim on the floor until the final buzzer? They wouldn't give a fuck. You douchebags that put "pride" and "loss" in the same sentence (figuratively in this case) need to take a long walk off a short pier.
Give me a fucking break!

Pulling the starters was the right move. Fall back, regroup, and charge in the next game.

pjjrfan
04-24-2009, 10:34 AM
It was a coache's decision, and I think it was the right one. Guys don't show up sit them down. Starters or not.

jbspurs
04-24-2009, 10:38 AM
It was a coache's decision, and I think it was the right one. Guys don't show up sit them down. Starters or not.

I totally agree! Plus, why risk an injury? It's an off night for all of them and there is nothing else they can do, why not try something that might work.

JoeChalupa
04-24-2009, 10:44 AM

I concur.

LEONARD
04-24-2009, 10:52 AM
You're a dumbass!!

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123944

:lmao

burntorange
04-24-2009, 10:56 AM
The Spurs are veterans with championship rings. Pop doesn't need to worry about "sending the wrong message" to this team. They know what to do.

silverblackfan
04-24-2009, 11:12 AM
The first round is the right place to get this team under control. Pulling the starters for not playing up to standards was the right call. If this game is the one that cost the series, then the team is not ready to win it all. I think it was the smart move to protect the players and build a nice pissed off mentality in all the starters.
Hell, GH got some time on the court as a bonus and found out what those lazy passes turn into. This might payoff down the line.
This series is far from over. In fairness, Dallas was hitting everything in the 1st qtr despite the hand in the face.

Dex
04-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Game 4 is less than 48 hours from Game 3. When it became painfully obvious that there was no way the Spurs were going to pull out that game (and it was), then Pop did the right thing by sitting the starters. No reason for them to waste energy that would be better saved for a game we now have to get.

Fuck a whole bunch of histrionics and fan perception. We get two chances to win a game in Dallas and we totally gave away the first one, so they might as well do what they can to increase their odds for the second.

Besides, playoff game or not, if you've only managed 35 points through two and a half quarters, your ass deserves to be sat.

Squidward
04-24-2009, 12:17 PM
You're a dumbass!!

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123944

:lmao

I can't believe you figured it out so quickly, after all we just met.

Timmy, Lassie called and said, "Next time you fall in the well, I ain't pulling you out."

Oh, one word of advice to Pops, Clearasil.

island_dude
04-24-2009, 12:43 PM
I can't believe you figured it out so quickly, after all we just met.

Timmy, Lassie called and said, "Next time you fall in the well, I ain't pulling you out."

Oh, one word of advice to Pops, Clearasil.

I'm afraid it's a little too late for Clearasil. Too bad they didn't have Proactive when he was teenager.

BTW what is a "Squidward" ?

Squidward
04-24-2009, 02:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyLn5M8c2Gw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyLn5M8c2Gw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ratm1221
04-24-2009, 03:01 PM
I was surprised the Spurs threw in the towel so early. This is professional basketball. You just don't quit half way through a game.

I can't imagine what the sperm fan's reaction would have been if the Mavs would have done the same for game 2. I can hear it now... "Mavs are quitters.. Carlise is an idiot... That was a stupid move..."

Your team quit. You shouldn't be proud of that.

timvp
04-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Do we really have to go through with this same song and dance every time Pop does this? It happens about seven or eight times during the regular season and a couple times during the playoffs ... and yet Spurs fans act like they don't know the drill after each occurrence.

MFILF
04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
I think the Spurts should do the same thing in Game 4, so they are really rested for game 5, and then again in Game 5 so they are SUPER rested for game 6, which of course, won't happen, but hey, they'll be SUPER AWESOMELY rested for the start of next season.

timvp
04-24-2009, 03:15 PM
I think the Spurts should do the same thing in Game 4, so they are really rested for game 5, and then again in Game 5 so they are SUPER rested for game 6, which of course, won't happen, but hey, they'll be SUPER AWESOMELY rested for the start of next season.
Four rings.

Zero rings and will remain zero in the coming decade.

MFILF
04-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Four rings.

Zero rings and will remain zero in the coming decade.

Yup, and twenty years after the careers of all the current Spurs are dead and buried, you'll still be clinging to your little four rings retort.

SnakeBoy
04-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Yup, and twenty years after the careers of all the current Spurs are dead and buried, you'll still be clinging to your little four rings retort.

Yup, we'll be clinging to our retort and you'll be clinging to the hope that someday, maybe someday, your team will get one ring.

Findog
04-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Do we really have to go through with this same song and dance every time Pop does this? It happens about seven or eight times during the regular season and a couple times during the playoffs ... and yet Spurs fans act like they don't know the drill after each occurrence.

http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/26271?page=1

SouthTexasRancher
04-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Where's the pride in losing? Where's the pride in wearing your starters down for no good reason? Where's the pride in risking an injury to your top players in a game you're most obviously not going to win? There is no pride to be had in a blowout. None. You think the Mavericks would have been impressed by seeing Tony and Tim on the floor until the final buzzer? They wouldn't give a fuck. You douchebags that put "pride" and "loss" in the same sentence (figuratively in this case) need to take a long walk off a short pier.
Give me a fucking break!

Pulling the starters was the right move. Fall back, regroup, and charge in the next game.

Exactly right!!!

Pop knows this team well enough to tell that it just wasn't the Spurs night. Shit happens and he realized that by pulling guys like Tony and tim we had a better chance at being fresh Saturday and regrouping our aged veterans would put Thursdays game behind them and come ready on Saturday afternoon. Last night we could have started Michael Jordan, Kobe and LeBron along with Tim & Tony and the basketball gods already had the outcome set in stone.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2009, 07:16 PM
The Spurs have been all about quit this season. Why should it change now?

Flux451
04-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Winning is the only right message.

timvp
04-24-2009, 07:54 PM

:lol Thanks.

Borosai
04-24-2009, 08:20 PM

That has to be the weakest "trolling" attempt I have ever seen. :rollin

Obstructed_View
04-24-2009, 08:24 PM
That has to be the weakest "trolling" attempt I have ever seen. :rollin

The only thing weaker is being proud enough of it to brag. Makes you start to miss Suns fans.

Borosai
04-24-2009, 08:28 PM
The only thing weaker is being proud enough of it to brag. Makes you start to miss Suns fans.

Yes.

Spursmania
04-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Fucking trolls are so pathetic:wakeup

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't get why they have to show up as a spur fan if you want to get banned wouldn't it make more sense to act douchey like a douche fan of another team?

Squidward
04-25-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't get why they have to show up as a spur fan if you want to get banned wouldn't it make more sense to act douchey like a douche fan of another team?

http://www.yourdailyawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/38197-spam.jpg

What if? What if you were not really a fan of any specific team, but rather just a guy that existed to give people a little chuckle, to bring a ray of sunshine to an otherwise humdrum existance. I mean being a fan of Pops is pretty humdrum. But he has enough rings to start his own jewelry store so I cut him some slack for being a very boring human. Of course Rick Carlisle is boring but he is also prickish about it.

But, I mean lets face facts, the Mavs are okay, not great just okay, and they will lose in the next round in all probability. But the Spurs are wounded and old, and even if somehow they came back in this series, they won't but even if they did, they would get blasted in the next round by a younger and more athletic team. So we might as well enjoy each others company. And, if you don't enjoy me today I will come back tomorrow and give you another chance.

Squidward
04-25-2009, 11:20 AM
By the way, if the Mavs had pulled their starters in the third quarter and quit, their board would have gone ballistic. I think you guys have much more mature attitude, but after all you are so much older.

By the way anyone interested in buying some Nikes, I know this guy...

Strike
04-25-2009, 01:21 PM
By the way, if the Mavs had pulled their starters in the third quarter and quit, their board would have gone ballistic. I think you guys have much more mature attitude, but after all you are so much older.

By the way anyone interested in buying some Nikes, I know this guy...

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsG/6300-25760.gif
...you know a guy...

No disrespect. Just flashed in my head and I had to do something about it. :toast

Spork KIller
04-25-2009, 01:23 PM

Nothing new here.

Popazit do the same shit everytime the spurms are getting punished!!

Talking about a quitter coach and a quitter team...

angel_luv
04-25-2009, 01:25 PM

I'll admit it. I laughed at that.