PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets-Cavaliers Finals??

xtremesteven33
04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Cavaliers are coming out of the East for sure....no doubt.

BUT

The Lakers look vulnerable. Thier team defense is non existent and their focus is highly questionable. Kobe looks to be slowing down big time and Bynum played less than 10 minutes last night most likely due to his knee pain.

The Nuggets on the other hand look Damn Good. Led by Chauncey Billups this Denver team has an identity. They have a great offensive flow with a deep bench and pretty good team defense. Something that has been the achilles heel for the Nuggets the whole George Karl era. The Nuggets team also looks just as focused as the Cavaliers do in the East. The Lakers play down to their competition and lose leads because of it. The Nuggets have the team to beat the Lakers in the West. (Youth, Allstars, Bench, Defense) Plus if Bynum doesnt make it to the WCF's I really think its really a toss up on who wins the series. If Bynum doesnt play it moves Gasol back to the Center position which makes Odom the PF and by doing that that makes the Nuggets match up even better with them.

Think about it.....

Epic Fail
04-24-2009, 10:47 AM
try again

stretch
04-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Billups makes a massive difference. They don't have a choker for a leader now. I still think the series will go at least 6, if not 7. Hornets are tough to beat at home. Nuggets will prevail though.

People may say I'm nuts, but I GUARANTEE that the Mavericks beat the Nuggets in the secound round.

Thunder Dan
04-24-2009, 10:50 AM
yeah I think the Lakers will fail. Kobe is just too old and looks too tired- it showed last night. I think the Olympics really hurt him and he will be the reason they fail to come out of the West. I think the Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, Blazers and even the Hornets could take the Lakers.

xtremesteven33
04-24-2009, 11:17 AM
yeah I think the Lakers will fail. Kobe is just too old and looks too tired- it showed last night. I think the Olympics really hurt him and he will be the reason they fail to come out of the West. I think the Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, Blazers and even the Hornets could take the Lakers.

Sarcasm?

But seriously, Kobe does look slower than normal. Im not saying he looks old. Hes still the Mamba just not the normal Mamba. Looking at Wade/Lebron and Kobe you can see the difference.

Double-Up
04-24-2009, 11:20 AM

LOL! Did you just wake up fool? If anyone failed it won't be the Lakers, more likely the Cavs who are a one man team.

Thunder Dan
04-24-2009, 11:23 AM
The lakers have shown me nothing other than Kobe is old and Bynum can't score in the second half of games

IronMexican
04-24-2009, 11:23 AM
sons TD doesn't even believe that plate of shit he just wrote:lol

turiaf for president
04-24-2009, 11:24 AM
wow. kobe has one off night where andrew doesnt stay on the floor. boozer goes ape nuts for the 1st time in a game that matters and they barely win on a GW shot by williams and you think the lakers are done? talk about rushing to conclusions

turiaf for president
04-24-2009, 11:26 AM
The lakers have shown me nothing other than Kobe is old and Bynum can't score in the second half of games

cavs are playing the worst team in the playoffs. jazz are a top 4 team in the east. kobe is old? he is human. he is going to have an off night here and there. he wont go 4-24 in his next game.

IronMexican
04-24-2009, 11:28 AM
ESPN First Take just talked about Kobe. I am glad the media is paying attention to it.

balli
04-24-2009, 11:33 AM
If anybody's going to do it, it will be the Nugs. But let's get serious, LA's pg's are about 20 trillion times better at defense than Chris Paul is. There's no way in hell, against LA, in two games, that Billups gets anywhere close to 70 points, 0 turnovers and whatever ridiculous fg% he has. lol, cp3, lol.

stretch
04-24-2009, 11:36 AM
If anybody's going to do it, it will be the Nugs. But let's get serious, LA's pg's are about 20 trillion times better at defense than Chris Paul is. There's no way in hell, against LA, in two games, that Billups gets anywhere close to 70 points, 0 turnovers and whatever ridiculous fg% he has. lol, cp3, lol.

Fisher is stronger, so would probably be more capable of dealing with Billups, but LA's PG's aren't exactly defensive stalwarts either. CP3 is not a bad defensive PG at all, he's just too short for Billups, who is one of the leagues biggest PGs.

Billups might be the guy the Lakers would have the hardest time dealing with.

balli
04-24-2009, 11:39 AM
CP3 is not a bad defensive PG at all, he's just too short for Billups, who is one of the leagues biggest PGs.
I can't find the numbers for this season, but last year, out of all the starting pg's, Paul gave up the single highest FG% to opposing starting pg's. Worse than Nash, worse than Kidd, worse than anyone. By quite a bit too. I don't care if Billups is bigger or if size is the reason for it, besides gambling like a drunken sailer in the passing lanes, he is absolutely horrible at defense.

Compared to him Vujabitch, Brown and Fish are like vintage pg versions of Scottie Pippen.

JamStone
04-24-2009, 11:41 AM

While Chris Paul definitely cannot guard Billups, I wouldn't put all of that on him. Rasual Butler defended Billups much of game 1. Scott put Paul on Billups to start game 2 and Billups went at him down low more than he did with Butler. Billups is a tough match-up for most teams when he has his shot going. But, LA doesn't have any guards that can stop Billups either if he's got his jumper going like he has been.

Nuggets-Cavaliers is certainly a possibility. But, I don't think it's more likely than Lakers-Cavaliers.

balli
04-24-2009, 11:43 AM
But, LA doesn't have any guards that can stop Billups either if he's got his jumper going like he has been.
If Billups is hot, they won't just flat out stop him, but they'll do a whole hell of a lot better. No way Chauncey shoot 60%, 80% from 3 with zero, count them, zero turnovers vs. LA in two games.

sonic21
04-24-2009, 11:44 AM
If kobe isn't hitting his shot, he needs to get the ball to Gasol. Gasol should be taking twice as many shots as he does. If I ran the team, Gasol would touch the ball everytime down the court ( if kobe has an off game of course).

KidCongo
04-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Yes please.

JamStone
04-24-2009, 11:48 AM
If Billups is hot, they won't just flat out stop him, but they'll do a whole hell of a lot better. No way Chauncey shoot 60%, 80% from 3 with zero, count them, zero turnovers vs. LA in two games.

If his jumper is this wet, no they won't. Marginally better, maybe. Not a whole lot better. Look at game 1. Billups was taking stop on a dime fast break three pointers and off balanced leaners. There aren't a lot of defenses you can draw up against a shooter that hot.

Pelicans78
04-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Don't be fooled by the Nuggets. They're beating up on a crappy Hornets team. Seriously, ever Western contender with the exception of a crappy Spurs and a less crappy Mavs team beat up on the Hornets in their own stadium. The Nuggets aren't as good as they appear. The Hornets are just that bad.

dirk4mvp
04-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Kidd isn't a bad defender.

Chris Fall
04-24-2009, 11:57 AM
I can't find the numbers for this season, but last year, out of all the starting pg's, Paul gave up the single highest FG% to opposing starting pg's. Worse than Nash, worse than Kidd, worse than anyone. By quite a bit too. I don't care if Billups is bigger or if size is the reason for it, besides gambling like a drunken sailer in the passing lanes, he is absolutely horrible at defense.

Compared to him Vujabitch, Brown and Fish are like vintage pg versions of Scottie Pippen.

You're a trip. My defense is on point. My game isn't slipping one bit.

Thunder Dan
04-24-2009, 12:08 PM
The Nuggets would be a tougher matchup for the cavs because they can match the cave on defense

j-money24
04-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Nuggets are going to get beat by the Mavs in the second round, book it.

TheManFromAcme
04-24-2009, 12:15 PM
The Nuggets would be a tougher matchup for the cavs because they can match the cave on defense

You're hoping the Cavs meet the Nuggets. The Cavs don't have the bigs to match up with the Lakers. Mighty big of you to beat your chest with a team that has not won squat. Again, care to reflect on the 1 loss you have at Quicken? Well? I am waiting.

You remind me of the little train that could. :rolleyes

hater
04-24-2009, 12:20 PM
nuggets are not even a contender. they are beating a hornets team that would lose to the wizards.

stop the madness. Utah or Dallas has a better shot at beating the lakers than the nuggetts

redzero
04-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Lakers > Cavaliers

Kobe and crew wrecked the Cavs after wrecking the Celtics. They haven't shown you anything, Dan? Get real.

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 12:23 PM
So apparently the Lakers aren't allowed to lose games en route to the Finals.

What should surprise you more about the Laker loss is that Kobe went 4-24 and the Lakers only lost by 2pts on a buzzer beater shot. Lebron goes 4-24 and his team gets blown the fuck out. The Lakers are ridiculously stacked and to be honest we haven't even seen them exert the kind of effort we all know they are capable of. They are coasting, right or wrong, because they know they can beat this Jazz team with less than 100% effort.

And a lot of you are not giving Utah their due credit. They only lost 8 games at home despite all their injuries, this is easily a top 4 team in the EC and had they been healthy all season would have been a top 4 team in the WC. I knew Game 3 would be a loss, I'm actually surprised it was so close.

xtremesteven33
04-24-2009, 12:26 PM
All im saying is that if Bynum does not play at even 75% then the Nuggets have a damn good chance at beating LA.

K-Mart can guard Odom
Nene can guard Gasol
Chauncey can shut down Fisher
Kobe will be Kobe
And if Odom goes to the starting lineup than i give the bench depth to the Nuggets.

Ghazi
04-24-2009, 12:26 PM

I think you're thinking of last year. CP3's defensive #'s improved this year.

still :lol at CP3

Kidd is not a bad defender against PG's like Billups and 2 guards. Just the lightning bugs.

I sincerely doubt Nuggets frontline is capable of handling LA.

LA just had an off night last night.

Mavs/Cavs Finals !

Banzai
04-24-2009, 12:27 PM

What should surprise you more about the Laker loss is that Kobe went 4-24 and the Lakers only lost by 2pts on a buzzer beater shot. Lebron goes 4-24 and his team gets blown the fuck out. The Lakers are ridiculously stacked and to be honest we haven't even seen them exert the kind of effort we all know they are capable of. They are coasting, right or wrong, because they know they can beat this Jazz team with less than 100% effort.

And a lot of you are not giving Utah their due credit. They only lost 8 games at home despite all their injuries, this is easily a top 4 team in the EC and had they been healthy all season would have been a top 4 team in the WC. I knew Game 3 would be a loss, I'm actually surprised it was so close.

well said. but still it is frustrating knowing that the Lakers "could" have won the game last night had Pau not bricked most of his free throws and Kobe actually pass the ball and many other issues.

xtremesteven33
04-24-2009, 12:27 PM

Im not saying this because they lost. Im saying this cause of flaws i see in the LA team and the matchups with Denver that could make things very interesting if they meet up.

Basketballgirl25
04-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Billups makes a massive difference. They don't have a choker for a leader now. I still think the series will go at least 6, if not 7. Hornets are tough to beat at home. Nuggets will prevail though.

People may say I'm nuts, but I GUARANTEE that the Mavericks beat the Nuggets in the secound round.

I'll call you Nuts, the Mavs don't stand a chance in the second round. Every year I guess what teams do good and bad, I was only wrong twice two times in the past 4 years, but good luck to the Mavs they will deff need it:toast

JoeTait75
04-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Lebron goes 4-24 and his team gets blown the fuck out.

Like Game One against Boston last year, when LeBron went 2-for-18, committed 10 turnovers, and the Cavaliers still led going into the final minute?

Ghazi
04-24-2009, 12:32 PM
All im saying is that if Bynum does not play at even 75% then the Nuggets have a damn good chance at beating LA.

K-Mart can guard Odom
Nene can guard Gasol
Chauncey can shut down Fisher
Kobe will be Kobe
And if Odom goes to the starting lineup than i give the bench depth to the Nuggets.

Disagreed.

Thunder Dan
04-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Kobe is just too old to play in the Olympics and in the Playoffs. He showed last night that he can't be depended on to win games for you on tired legs.

Pelicans78
04-24-2009, 12:37 PM

Hey dumbass, CP3 isn't the primary defender on Billups. Hornets are mistakenly using Butler and Devin Brown against him most of the game while CP3 is guarding Jones. I forgot Utah only televises the Jazz in the entire state. Plus, using last year's stats is a stupid way to measure someone's defensive numbers this season. Even Hornet hater Ghazi mentioned how CP3's numbers improved defensively this season. Plus Hollinger had him rated high among PGs. Honestly, you just need to post on a Jazz forum because you look like a clown anywhere else.

Thunder Dan
04-24-2009, 12:38 PM
You're hoping the Cavs meet the Nuggets. The Cavs don't have the bigs to match up with the Lakers. Mighty big of you to beat your chest with a team that has not won squat. Again, care to reflect on the 1 loss you have at Quicken? Well? I am waiting.

You remind me of the little train that could. :rolleyes

I want the Lakers because they don't play defense. Why do you think the Cavs got rid of Shannon Brown? Defense isn't a priority to the Lakers

xtremesteven33
04-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Disagreed.

If Nene can guard Duncan and give him Hell.....im sure he can basically nearly shut down Gasol.

Gasol is a Douche.

redzero
04-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I want the Lakers because they don't play defense. Why do you think the Cavs got rid of Shannon Brown? Defense isn't a priority to the Lakers

The Lakers do play defense. They just don't guard the 3-point line. I don't know why you would want the Lakers, since they whipped you twice already this year. Lamar especially rape your team on their own home court.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/redzero/KobeRainbowLeBron.gif

Taste the Rainbow

JoeTait75
04-24-2009, 12:52 PM
The Lakers do play defense. They just don't guard the 3-point line. I don't know why you would want the Lakers, since they whipped you twice already this year. Lamar especially rape your team on their own home court.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/redzero/KobeRainbowLeBron.gif

Taste the Rainbow

J.J. Hickson won't be guarding Odom this time around. My guess is that LeBron will get that responsibility. I don't think we'll be seeing any 28-17 games out of Lamar if LeBron is on him.

But truth be told, I don't want the Lakers. I want it as easy as possible. The championship counts just the same, whether it's won at the expense of the other #1 seed, a #4 seed, a #6 seed, or whoever.

sonic21
04-24-2009, 12:53 PM

no you don't, the lakers own the cavs

Thunder Dan
Kobe can't get that shot off in May and June, as witnessed last night he is old, tired and breaking down. He should have skipped the Olympics

Pelicans78
Cavs are playing with more energy right now, but i get the sense the Lakers are coasting until they get to the finals or get severely tested before then.

Thunder Dan
04-24-2009, 12:54 PM
no you don't, the lakers own the cavs

they beat the Cavs twice this year when Z and Delonte were hurt. Before that I believe the Cavs ar 5-1 vs. them with the King. So I win, you lose

xtremesteven33
04-24-2009, 12:54 PM
If Bynum is not at least 75%....the Lakers will NOT win the Championship this year. Their defense is too weak.

Thunder Dan
04-24-2009, 12:56 PM
the Nuggets are the favorites at this point to come out of the west

hater
04-24-2009, 12:57 PM
thunder dan is the cavfan version of DrHouse

pathetic

xtremesteven33
04-24-2009, 12:58 PM

:td

Youre killing me smalls

Squints Palledorous
04-24-2009, 01:03 PM
If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't have thought that.

hater
04-24-2009, 01:06 PM
dude that is the chick from that movie where the kid pretends to drown right?? ^

I always thought she is smoking!

xtremesteven33
04-24-2009, 01:07 PM
If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't have thought that.

:lol

Exactly.

BUMP
04-24-2009, 01:12 PM
i think the problem with the Lakers coasting on big leads is that sometimes its too easy for them and yes that can be a problem.

i noticed the same thing with Webber's Kings all the time

Morg1411
04-24-2009, 01:15 PM

I want to disagree with you, but I just can't.

I expected last night to be decided by more than 2 points. If they can turn it up even 5%, the Lakers will take Game 5 with ease. Depressing shit.

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Bynum will be fine. He's adjusting to getting back into the game and also the playoffs themselves. I don't expect him to be his usual self until at least the WCF or even the Finals themselves. This is all a big learning experience for him.

That's the luxury LAL has. They don't NEED Bynum back 100% until either the WCF or the Finals. So they can survive horrible nights like he had last night. To be honest, if the refs are going to call every stupid ticky-tack foul on him like that there is nothing he can do. At least 3 of his fouls were complete BS last night.

balli
04-24-2009, 01:21 PM
At least 3 of his fouls were complete BS last night.

Specifically which ones? In the case of each, why?

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Which ones? In the case of each, why?

The one I can remember off the top of my head was he caught the ball at the free throw line, did a spin move and power dunked. On his spin move, one of the Jazz players just flopped so horribly to the floor without any real contact being made.

Ghazi
04-24-2009, 01:23 PM
:lol, Lakers can never lose if not for the refs according to Dr Hizzouuuse

BUMP
04-24-2009, 01:24 PM
i was actually pretty impressed with the Lakers last night in arguably the most hostile arena in the NBA. they controlled the game til the end without Kobe going off. this loss really shouldnt mean anything

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Why do people continue to treat the Jazz like they are a scrub team? On their home floor they are as good as anyone in this league.

iggypop123
04-24-2009, 01:56 PM
the key will be bynum. if he is allowed to be on the floor i believe the jazz cant destroy the glass as they did last night, case and point 6'8 boozer and his shoves in the back dominated. i think a legit 7 footer inside for more than 5 min in a game will help to control the glass

TheManFromAcme
04-24-2009, 03:32 PM
they beat the Cavs twice this year when Z and Delonte were hurt. Before that I believe the Cavs ar 5-1 vs. them with the King. So I win, you lose

You'll never be a winner, you are the perpetaual "Clevelanite". Go suck an egg loser.

You root for a team from Cleveland. Doesn't that tell you something?
Cleveland? What's that? :rollin

TheManFromAcme
04-24-2009, 03:37 PM

Precisely Doc. Utah, though at times lethargic on defense and offense, is a decent formidable team that can give fits to any team at any given time.

Excellent take.

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 03:40 PM
You'll never be a winner, you are the perpetaual "Clevelanite". Go suck an egg loser.

You root for a team from Cleveland. Doesn't that tell you something?
Cleveland? What's that? :rollin

What an idiot, Delonte West and Big Z weren't the reasons why the Cavs lost to LAL both times. Lest we forget Andrew Bynum didn't even play in the game at the Q, in which the Lakers were playing on a tail end of a b2b.

The Cavs simply don't have an answer to LAL's dominant big men. Lebron cannot penetrate for whatever reason and none of CLE's shooters can stay hot for the entire 48 minutes to keep them in the game.

It's a horrible, horrible, matchup for the Cavs.

stretch
04-24-2009, 03:49 PM
What an idiot, Delonte West and Big Z weren't the reasons why the Cavs lost to LAL both times. Lest we forget Andrew Bynum didn't even play in the game at the Q, in which the Lakers were playing on a tail end of a b2b.

The Cavs simply don't have an answer to LAL's dominant big men. Lebron cannot penetrate for whatever reason and none of CLE's shooters can stay hot for the entire 48 minutes to keep them in the game.

It's a horrible, horrible, matchup for the Cavs.

Neat.

Cavs in 6.

Banzai
04-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Neat.

Lakers in 6.

fixed

TheManFromAcme
04-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Neat.

Cavs in 6.

Ah yes, the Mavs. The cuddly,cute and tender Mavs.
Really Stretch, isn't it rather a "stretch" for you (no pun intended) to hype up a team like the Mavs who really have never accomplished anything? I mean, really....

All of a sudden I have this tremendous urge to see the Spurs give you guys a kick in the behind.

redzero
04-24-2009, 03:58 PM
There isn't a team in the league that can beat the Lakers in a seven game series anymore.

The Celtics' strategy of bullying them doesn't work anymore.
The Cavs can't handle their size.
The Spurs are too old.
The Thuggets are outmatched in every facet of the game.

Oh, I forgot about the Magic. With the way they're playing right now, they aren't much of a threat to anyone.

TheManFromAcme
04-24-2009, 04:00 PM
There isn't a team in the league that can beat the Lakers in a seven game series anymore.

The Celtics' strategy of bullying them doesn't work anymore.
The Cavs can't handle their size.
The Spurs are too old.
The Thuggets are outmatched in every facet of the game.

Oh, I forgot about the Magic. With the way they're playing right now, they aren't much of a threat to anyone.

I see you have a basketball I.Q. beyond 2 digits. :toast

mingus
04-24-2009, 04:19 PM

it'll be interesting , that's for sure . i think the Kidd vs. Billups matchup is interesting because both are big for their position . offensively , it'd be hard for either to post up, which is where they make their money a lot of times against smaller guards .

Thunder Dan
04-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Bynum is only dominate in the first half of games

iggypop123
04-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Typical lakerfan bullshit! We win the game yet you whores bitch and whine about you bad you played. Cry me a fucking river assholes!

just stating facts? lakers played like shit and the jazz won. boozer had the game of his life of course andrew bynum playing 5 min the entire game and missing the entire fourth due to the refs helped

poop
04-24-2009, 04:43 PM
haha 1st, Denver is probably going to lose one or both in new orleans, and 2nd the Lakers will rape them to death no contest.

TheNextGen
04-24-2009, 04:45 PM
ThunderDan is exactly like the Cavs...at first, they are tolerbale...now that they got first place, they got really annoying and obnoxious.

ROFL @ wishing for the only team that swept you this season for the playoffs. Be careful what you wish for. You're team is too soft.

redzero
04-24-2009, 04:47 PM
The Hornets are going to beat the Nuggets in six. It's going to be a beat-down. Everybody laughed when the Magic embarrassed the Hornets on Christmas Day, but the Hornets returned the favor and then some.

iggypop123
04-24-2009, 04:55 PM
boozer may be a piece of shit, but he's an all-star regardless. The lakers played like shit because we made you play like shit! Williams didn't play like his all-worldly self but the jazz still found a way to win.

by your reasoning i guess we also made williams play like shit right?

poop
04-24-2009, 04:58 PM
MORAN!!!! hahahahahahhahahaha

Bunp
04-24-2009, 04:59 PM
You guys had nothing to do with! LMAO!!! Williams was trying to get everyone else involved. Get a clue MORAN!!!!

The real Ballijuana would beat yo ass!