PDA

View Full Version : They (the Mavs) are exactly who we think they are !

Mavs<Spurs
04-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I have games 3, 4, and 6 of the first round series between Golden State Warriors and the Dallas Mavericks saved on my hard drive.

Remember that enigmatic quote from Dirk Nowitzki, the presumptive mvp (at that time and later actually named the regular season mvp).

Dirk "I wouldn't say we we're worried, but our backs are against the wall. If we lose game 4, this season is basically over!"

I watched the Warriors smite them in game 6 and take the series 4-2 !

I am currently watching game 4 of that series.

Good Times !

This is the same Mavs team that had a 2 game to 0 lead against the Heat, was up 13 points in game 3 with about 6.5 minutes left in the game and proceeded to lose the next four games of the series.

Then, they went on the next year to get the best record in the NBA, sixth best in history, and lost in 6 games to the eighth seeded Golden State Warriors, in what was termed the greatest playoff upset of all time. They went down in ignominy.

The next year, they made the playoffs, but lost to the Hornets whom we beat in 7 games.

Now, they are the sixth seed.

And we have seen Dirk's propensity to choke and be a no show for big games.

Bottom line: The Dallas Mavericks are exactly who we think that they are: invertebrate losers !

:toast

:flag:

Believe !

E20
04-24-2009, 02:04 PM
The next year, did they even make the playoffs? I don't think they did.
Yeah they did. They played the Hornets in Rd 1.

rayray2k8
04-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Would have better if it was us that beat the Mavs..
God I hope history doesn't repeat itself..
But only because I don't see the spurs winning if they're down
1-3..
Fuck... The trolls wouldn't let us hear the end of it..

Mavs<Spurs
04-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah they did. They played the Hornets in Rd 1.

Corrected. Thanks.

Morg1411
04-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Would have better if it was us that beat the Mavs..
God I hope history doesn't repeat itself..
But only because I don't see the spurs winning if they're down
1-3..
Fuck... The trolls wouldn't let us hear the end of it..

Fuck the trolls.

http://eatourbrains.com/EoB/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/troll.jpg

BUMP
04-24-2009, 02:30 PM
threads like these are why we talk shit

Morg1411
04-24-2009, 02:31 PM

I think you'd talk shit even without threads like these. That's why we love you guys! :toast

cheney212
04-24-2009, 02:38 PM

You cant talk much shit when the mavs havent even won a championship:lol

Mel_13
04-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Bottom line: The Dallas Mavericks are exactly who we think that they are: invertebrate losers !

This part has me laughing and I'd like to know which way you were going.

When I first read the line, I thought that you meant to say "inveterate losers", meaning chronic or habitual losers.

Now while I remembered seeing the term "invertebrate" way back in HS biology, I had to look it up. Well since invertebrates are animals without a spine, I see that it is entirely possible that this was your actual intent.

So just for clarity, are they chronic losers or spineless losers?:rolleyes

Flux451
04-24-2009, 03:29 PM

Mav Fans are the reason we throw cow dung in the wind....and fart in your general direction.

poop
04-24-2009, 03:33 PM
those other teams played like they actually wanted to win. the spurs play like a team that has already won a bunch of titles and is complacent.

heart and hunger not found

Mavs<Spurs
04-24-2009, 03:41 PM
This part has me laughing and I'd like to know which way you were going.

When I first read the line, I thought that you meant to say "inveterate losers", meaning chronic or habitual losers.

Now while I remembered seeing the term "invertebrate" way back in HS biology, I had to look it up. Well since invertebrates are animals without a spine, I see that it is entirely possible that this was your actual intent.

So just for clarity, are they chronic losers or spineless losers?:rolleyes

spineless. without backbone.

That was my original intent !

:lol

41times
04-24-2009, 03:46 PM
I have games 3, 4, and 6 of the first round series between Golden State Warriors and the Dallas Mavericks saved on my hard drive.

Remember that enigmatic quote from Dirk Nowitzki, the presumptive mvp (at that time and later actually named the regular season mvp).

Dirk "I wouldn't say we we're worried, but our backs are against the wall. If we lose game 4, this season is basically over!"

Good Times !

This is the same Mavs team that had a 2 game to 0 lead against the Heat, was up 13 points in game 3 with about 6.5 minutes left in the game and proceeded to lose the next four games of the series.

Then, they went on the next year to get the best record in the NBA, sixth best in history, and lost in 6 games to the eighth seeded Golden State Warriors, in what was termed the greatest playoff upset of all time. They went down in ignominy.

The next year, they made the playoffs, but lost to the Hornets whom we beat in 7 games.

Believe !

Here are the 3 reasons/ways the Mavs are different today than then:

1. Coaching - Avery was inexperienced and got out coached completely by Nellie and Riley. We were beat before the G.S. series started becasue of that and we didn't even know it at the time. Carlisle is a 10 times better coach and has been through the big games before.

2. Veteran PG - Harris was a good player and nice guy but he could not handle the pressure of a close out game. Kidd is battle tested.

3. Erick Dampier was not available for the GS sereis because of an injured shoulder. He played well against them when healthy. We missed the big guy in the middle a great deal.

The Mavs struggled agaisnt GSW all year before the playoffs and did not have any confidence going into that series. That is not the case for the Spurs.

You can call them spineless if you want but those are the facts.

jack0fspeed
04-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I'd say the Mavs have choked hard against other teams. But they never seem to lack confidence against the Spurs.

I think it comes down to the mindset of the star players. Dirk, Josh Howard, and Jason Terry ... for whatever reason ... all believe they can beat the Spurs and the Trailblazers. But they don't believe they can beat the Hornets, Nuggets, and Lakers. So the bottom line is that Dirk will be clutch in this series. Next series ... not so much.

Hip_Hoop_Hooray
04-24-2009, 04:27 PM

Good Times !

Believe !

Wow.......and you let THAT team limit you to 67 points last night? Not sure while you have your braggy pants on?

Shank
04-24-2009, 04:28 PM
This is the same Mavs team that had a 2 game to 0 lead against the Heat,...

Is it?

lol at all you dumb fucks praying that youtube videos of seasons past are going to somehow save that bunch of geriatric old farts

Shank
04-24-2009, 04:29 PM
I'd say the Mavs have choked hard against other teams. But they never seem to lack confidence against the Spurs.

I think it comes down to the mindset of the star players. Dirk, Josh Howard, and Jason Terry ... for whatever reason ... all believe they can beat the Spurs and the Trailblazers. But they don't believe they can beat the Hornets, Nuggets, and Lakers. So the bottom line is that Dirk will be clutch in this series. Next series ... not so much.

Have you seen Dirk's numbers against the Nuggets this year? The Hornets, maybe not so much. This is too much of an assumption for right now, though. They need to take care of business first.

jack0fspeed
04-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Have you seen Dirk's numbers against the Nuggets this year? The Hornets, maybe not so much. This is too much of an assumption for right now, though. They need to take care of business first.

It's true that Dirk has avg'd 30 and 10 against the Nuggets. He also shoots a significantly lower fg% than normal (43% against Den vs 48% overall). K-Mart defends Dirk as well as anyone in the league.

I agree though that it's presumptuous to think about that at this point.

SouthTexasRancher
04-24-2009, 07:23 PM

Yes, bump but, the real question is just WHEN are your Mavettes EVER going to win a championship??? We keep giving your girlieboys every other year to get 'er done but, NO, the Mavettes always 'FAIL' !!!

SenorSpur
04-24-2009, 08:41 PM

Good Times !

Bottom line: ]The Dallas Mavericks are exactly who we think that they are: invertebrate losers !
[/B]

Believe !

I find it so funny that you dug up that quote, courtesy of former NFL head coach, Denny Green. When Pop was having his post-game press conference after this latest Mavs loss, and he seemed to be in such a jovial mood with the media, I was thinking how funny it would have been had he uttered that comment about the Mavs. "they ARE who we THOUGHT THEY WERE....and we let' em off the hook..."

LEONARD
04-25-2009, 10:08 AM
*bookmarked*

polysylab1k
04-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Mavs<Spurs<mavs>spurs

Agloco
04-25-2009, 10:26 AM

:rolleyes

King Loser comes down from his ivory tower to dispense more of his bullshit.

Horse
04-25-2009, 11:10 AM
I really think we're gonna get out of the 1st round, But honestly this is not our team. No Manu, Timmy's hurt, and Bowens getting older.

Mel_13
04-25-2009, 11:22 AM
I really think we're gonna get out of the 1st round, But honestly this is not our team. No Manu, Timmy's hurt, and Bowens getting older.

This is not the team we once had, but it is our team.

DubMcDub
04-25-2009, 02:13 PM
That's pretty admirable (and not at all pathetic) that a Spurs fan is spending his time watching old videos from two years ago of the Mavs losing to a team that isn't the Spurs. :lol

SpursDynasty
04-25-2009, 02:40 PM
There's no reason to trash talk against Dallas....They have lost the 2006 Finals, and the first round in 2007 and 2008 because they were the underdogs in all of those series and Miami, Golden State, and New Orleans just beat a team they were supposed to beat. You can't expect a team led by Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard, and Jason Terry to accomplish much. If you really think about it, that group hasn't really done anything. All hype. It's like the 2004-2008 Phoenix Suns. All hype.

Again, no trash talking here, no cheap shots, Dallas is just a team that isn't that good so there's no need to trash talk them if they lose, they're just doing what they're supposed to do.

In this year's series with the Spurs, all they did was come out and make some BS shots in Game 1. Then we beat them by 21 and they came back and beat us by 21. So it's really an even series so far, they just made some BS shots in Game 1. In 2006, it was Devin Harris, Diop, and Jerry Stackhouse who gave the Spurs problems. This current team doesn't have those guys on the floor.

LEONARD
04-26-2009, 06:50 PM
invertebrate losers !

:downspin: