PDA

View Full Version : TP Interview

stéphane
03-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Well i had to translate so if any French speacking posters want to correct a couple things please do so :)
The interview comes from TP official website.

Tony, you had a bad evening among reigning champions since there was the defeat as well as the new injury of Tim Duncan.

It is clear, it was a really crap evening. It is necessary to pass quickly to another thing and to concentrate on the match of this evening in New York. It is not easy to agree to be once again without Tim but we do not have the choice, from now on, it will be necessary to make without him. It is not the first time that it happens to us this year. Now, Manu Ginobili is back from injury, it will be necessary to take our responsabilities and to behave as leaders.

How long will Tim Duncan be off?

We do not have any news for the moment since Tim returned in San Antonio immediately after the match. But I saw his ankle before his departure, it had doubled volume. I had never seen that, there was an enormous ball. As it is the same ankle which is each time hurt, it is certain that it won't get better.

So...

Thus I think that it'll take three weeks, one month. It reminds me my distorsion of last year. It took me a good month to return. It means that he should make his return for the end of the regular season.

It would be too easy to say that it is all except a surprise but "we" are not far from thinking that Duncan returned too early.

I am not Tim. He is "grown up" enough to know if he can play or not. All that I know, it is that Tim now will be able to "blow" and to rest quietly. Most important, it is that he is at 100% for the play-offs. He has a month in front of him to be back full health.

And Manu Ginobili, how come that he played only 16 minutes yesterday ?

Pop does not want to precipitate his return. Manu missed several matches and that would be stupid to take useless risks. From now, it will be necessary to manage the team until the play-offs.

It was a hard evening for you personally too...

I was feeling good during the first half with 12 points, 6/10. But in the second half, Detroit defended very well on me. As I was not in success, Pop decided to put to me on the bench and of launching Beno in the game. The coach was right since Beno was hot. Unfortunately, everytime that we came back at the scoreboard, Detroit gave a small blow from there to take some ease.

Physically, how do you feel?

It goes better and better, my "hématome"(dont know the exact word, he's been kneed, its the blueish trace) on the thigh practically disappeared.

Last thing. Tonight, its your great meeting with Malik Rose…

Yes, I left him a message. As we will sleep in New York and that we will leave to Indiana tomorrow, we will try to eat together after the game. I think that he will have lot of things to tell me...

1Parker1
03-21-2005, 08:01 PM
LOL. Awesome, thanks Stephane. I wonder what kinda things Malik has to tell him.....:)

boutons
03-21-2005, 08:07 PM
hematome can result from a ..... contusion!!! :lol

French hematome = English bruise, hematoma

xcoriate
03-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Awesome thanks again