PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Phil Jackson play the Triple Tower lineup?

DrHouse
04-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Bryant, Ariza.

Can anyone give me one good reason why this lineup never sees the light of day? Yes offensively you lose spacing but you can't argue about the defensive potential of such a lineup.

Phil's stubbornness will be the death of this team if they don't win it all this year.

Banzai
04-24-2009, 08:38 PM
They would be too slow? Utah went small in game 3 right?

hhml
04-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Because Phil has never been about defense. It's all about the offense. That's why we are top 3 in scoring.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-24-2009, 08:47 PM
And here I thought only Pop made bad lineups

mavs>spurs2
04-24-2009, 08:48 PM
A three 7 footer lineup will never work. Too slow, not enough spacing, 3 bigs clogging the paint hindering Kobe's drive.

hhml
04-24-2009, 08:50 PM
I'd like to see Phil try this line up at the end of the game. That's when we need stops. If we could've tried that yesterday I wonder what would've happened.

hhml
04-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Or try
Shannon
Kobe
Ariza
Odom
Bynum

mavs>spurs2
04-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Or try
Shannon
Kobe
Ariza
Odom
Bynum

I don't watch enough Laker basketball to know the answer to this, is Odom very good defensively? Like a considerable upgrade over Gasol? If so, this lineup might be money if you're trying to get some stops.

hhml
04-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Anyone is a considerable upgrade over Gasol lol. Seeing him play defense makes me :bang
Odom is our 2nd best defender behind Bynum. Kobe don't play defense enough for me to count him. Even Benga gets at least a block shot whenever he's out there.

baseline bum
04-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Because Phil has never been about defense. It's all about the offense. That's why we are top 3 in scoring.

You have heard of this team he used to coach called the Bulls, right?

hhml
04-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I didn't get to watch the Bulls when Jordan played. But from what I've read from some guy at Lakers forum, this is what he had to say about this:

He had Johnny Bach as his defensive co-ordinator, ala Tom Thibodeau to Doc Rivers in Boston. It wasn't PJ, it was Johnny.

And when Johnny started getting too much credit, PJ had him canned and made him look like crap. Read the article. I cant find it now, but you can if you look for it.

Phil is a poor defensive coach. He's all about the triangle and the offense. Why do you think he delegated the defensive duty to Rambis?

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-24-2009, 09:41 PM
if that is their starting lineup then their bench is going to struggle to score. Is not like they're not struggling but LO is making up for that. Especially Fartmar being in his fucking slump for like almost 3 months and Vujabrick still shooting bricks. We know what Mbenga could give us but is he going to do it. Morrison is non existence. I didn't see Powell at all this last game. I like Odom coming off the bench and I'll even bring Ariza off the bench too. Which that means we have to see Fluke Wackton start. I'll just ask him to pass the ball as soon as he catches the ball and not shot at all. This last game Ariza seemed like the Utah fans got in his head but eventually got over it.

Medvedenko
04-24-2009, 10:30 PM
These threads questioning rotations and lineups are pretty much dumb.

Spursmania
04-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Laker fans don't have anything to worry about except for Cleveland. The WC should be a walk in the park.

ElNono
04-25-2009, 12:06 AM
LOL @ lousy fan telling a 11 time NBA champion and HOF coach how it is.

RsxPiimp
04-25-2009, 12:54 AM
wtf dr.house? this aint no nba live game. this shits the realest.

polysylab1k
04-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Why doesn't Phil Jackson play the Triple Tower lineup? Because that would make the Lakers suck even worse than the OP does.