PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Popovich: That wasn't a tough loss

Spurs Brazil
04-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Popovich: That wasn't a tough loss
By Jeff McDonald on Apr 24, 09 03:24 PM |

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich says his team's 88-67 loss to the Mavericks in Game 3 wasn't a tough defeat.

It was embarrassing.

"It wasn't a tough loss," Popovich said Friday, as his team regrouped with a workout at SMU. "A tough loss to me is, both teams play their ass off, and somebody makes a shot with one second left on the clock that's contested. That's a tough loss. Last night was just more an embarrassing kind of loss."

The Spurs trailed by as many as 35 points at one point, and finished with a franchise scoring low for a playoff game. So futile were the Spurs that Popovich benched his starters for most of the second half.

With the victory, Dallas seized a 2-1 in the first-round series, which resumes Saturday afternoon with Game 4 at American Airlines Center.

"The other team dominated from the get-go," Popovich said. "They threw a punch and we never responded."

Bruce Bowen called it the most disheartening playoff loss he had ever been associated with.

"Hands down, that was the worst," Bowen said. "All the things we built here, the standard that we play with, to go out and have that kind of performance is really disappointing."

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/04/popovich-that-w.html

xtremesteven33
04-24-2009, 09:57 PM
id rather lose a 20 point game than a 2 point game.....Its more easy to accept and easier on the heart.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-24-2009, 10:00 PM
"Hands down, that was the worst," Bowen said. "All the things we built here, the standard that we play with, to go out and have that kind of performance is really disappointing."

I will be completely devastated if Bruce has to go at the end of the season

Libri
04-24-2009, 10:00 PM
So for Pop this loss isn't disheartening but for Bruce it is.

SuperFin4
04-24-2009, 10:05 PM
I'd hate for Bruce to go somewhere else. Then he'd beat the crap out of Manu when his team plays us...

Stay, Bruce, Stay!

ducks
04-24-2009, 11:26 PM
I'd hate for Bruce to go somewhere else. Then he'd beat the crap out of Manu when his team plays us...

Stay, Bruce, Stay!

manu would be injured when they played that team

nkdlunch
04-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Bowen is fed up. Bowen is starting game 4. book it.

last night reminded me of De La Hoya vs. Paquiao.

nkdlunch
04-24-2009, 11:28 PM
manu would be injured when they played that team

what happened to your boy parker last night. dude dissapeared

ducks
04-24-2009, 11:32 PM

played the best
and had pop put him back in could have lead the comeback

what happened to roy tonight:downspin:

nkdlunch
04-24-2009, 11:33 PM
u crazy ducks. Parker was sucking.

timaios
04-24-2009, 11:38 PM

Congratulations, you act like an idiot to respond to an idiot. :toast

EricB
04-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Congrats to nkd for bringing out the middle school level Parker vs Manu arguement.