PDA

View Full Version : Bynum headed to the bench?

layupdrill
04-25-2009, 08:50 AM
The World Famous LayupDrill Rumor Mill
4/25/09 Lakers center Andrew Bynum has not had quite the start to the NBA Playoffs he would have wanted so far, averaging only 7 points and more fouls(4) than rebounds(3). With Los Angeles looking to make adjustments after losing Game 3 in Utah, one move might be to shift Pau Gasol to center, and start Lamar Odom, according to the Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-jazz25-2009apr25,0,1803967.story).
Bynum has seemed to have more productive action off the court recently than on. Rumors floated around the internet earlier this month that Bynum was dating Pop singer, and ex-girlfriend of Chris Brown, Rihanna, however that rumor was quickly shut down by both parties (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/04/21/andrew-bynum-rihanna-not-a-couple/). Then, of course, was the infamous photo of Bynum at the Playboy mansion with a beautiful woman on his shoulders(see above photo).
In other news regarding the Lakers/Jazz series, the Jazz revealed Friday that when they take the floor for Game 4, Mehmet Okur may be on there with them. Okur attempted to play in Game 3, however his hamstring had not healed enough to let him go. The Jazz received a great game from Carlos Boozer, but the addition of Okur would not only stretch the Lakers defense in the post, but also free up Boozer and Paul Millsap for better looks when they are playing alongside the big man.

LakeShow
04-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Phil called me yesterday. :lol

That's what he has to do. He is relatively new to playoff basketball and he seems like he's in LA LA LAnd. I think Phil should bring him off the bench. The way he's picking up fouls he wont get much pt in this series. Bring him off the bench and he'll be a bigger help to the Lakers and he'll stay on the floor longer.

The TroutBum
04-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Damn, I don't like this news at all. Lamare Fagstop has career games against us, and you can actually see him drooling when he sees that Boozer is in the game. He simply owns his anus.

LakeShow
04-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Damn, I don't like this news at all. Lamare Fagstop has career games against us, and you can actually see him drooling when he sees that Boozer is in the game. He simply owns his anus.

Nice call, TB. :toast Odom was easily the X factor yesterday. To think some fans were calling for his head earlier in the season. Odom is the sole reason why teams have trouble matching up with the Lakers. Without him, we lose our edge.

Damn Bynum needs to snap out of it. He's playing like I said the Blazers would play in this series. He's not into the games at all right now.

resistanze
04-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Honestly, is Bynum even needed?

I only saw him as a necessity against BOS, but they're no longer a threat. LAL got through a more difficult West last year without him.

Whatever Bynum can contribute from the bench should be enough.

Indazone
04-26-2009, 10:11 AM
How's that big albatross contract of Bynum's looking now? :bking

LakeShow
04-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Honestly, is Bynum even needed?

I only saw him as a necessity against BOS, but they're no longer a threat. LAL got through a more difficult West last year without him.

Whatever Bynum can contribute from the bench should be enough.

I don't think he's needed so much in this series or in the playoffs with the injuries hitting top teams but If the Lakers face Houston in the next round I think he will definitely be needed for more than 7 minutes a game.

The_Game
04-26-2009, 10:58 AM
How's that big albatross contract of Bynum's looking now? :bking

The guy is 21 years old coming off an injury...the guy is going to be a stud for years to come. people will look back at his contract and say..Lakers got a steal.