PDA

View Full Version : Mavs need to play depleted opponents to progress in playoffs?

pauls931
04-25-2009, 10:40 AM
All this excitement over beating a spurs team that's missing their 3rd best player and their best player is playing injured?

Didn't the same thing happen during their championship run?

LEONARD
04-25-2009, 10:48 AM
What championship run?

BlackSwordsMan
04-25-2009, 10:49 AM
mavs had a championship run? :rollin

Leetonidas
04-25-2009, 11:02 AM
All this excitement over beating a spurs team that's missing their 3rd best player and their best player is playing injured?

Didn't the same thing happen during their utter failure of a run?

Fixed.

j-money24
04-25-2009, 11:19 AM
2006 Championship run.

Leetonidas
04-25-2009, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't call it a run, more of a light jog and then collapse due to cardiac arrest.

Morg1411
04-25-2009, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't call it a run, more of a light jog and then collapse due to cardiac arrest.

Really kind of a limp. A backwards limp.

BUMP
04-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Amare injured was a bad thing?

Shank
04-25-2009, 12:45 PM
And yet, the Suns are once again watching all these games on TV. Weird how that happens.

iggypop123
04-25-2009, 06:31 PM
well mr weed is hurt as well isnt he?

Brickhouse
04-25-2009, 06:33 PM
lol suns fan.

Xylus
04-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Note: The quality of your team does not qualify or disqualify you to voice an opinion on another team.

In other words, Shank's response in this thread is idiotic, and exactly the kind of shit he gets on Spurs fans for. Fuck you, Shank.

Mugen
04-25-2009, 06:35 PM
eh a healthy ginobili and we're up 3-1 but props to the mavs role players for actually stepping up and for their coach for actually coaching to win.

monosylab1k
04-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Sun Fan is just pissed his team is San Antonio's bitch. They'd be down 3-1 if they were in this series instead of Dallas, and Sun Fan knows it.

monosylab1k
04-25-2009, 06:49 PM
It's good to know that when he has to, Sun Fan can still be the whiniest little pussies on this board.

Xylus
04-25-2009, 06:51 PM
It's good to know that when he has to, Sun Fan can still be the whiniest little pussies on this board.

Most Suns fans I know are rooting for the Mavs, so your assessment is way off.

lefty
04-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Sun Fan is just pissed his team is San Antonio's bitch. They'd be down 3-1 if they were in this series instead of Dallas, and Sun Fan knows it.

Still bitter after the 2006 and 2007 ownage by Wade and Warriors ???? :lmao

Xylus
04-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh, and fuck you too Mono. Mav fan is notorious for ridiculing Spur fan for flaunting their four rings, and you come in here flaunting your team's 3-1 lead over a team that has nothing to do with the series?

That's about as fucking twattish as it gets.

Mugen
04-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Mavericks to championship is as oil is to water?

that 2006 Western Conference championship trophy would beg to differ mofo!

Dr House
04-25-2009, 06:57 PM
This thread alone is example of why MavFan is a loser.

No team has gotten their heart broken or choked in the history of the NBA more than your beloved Mavericks. Most of the time to the mighty Lakeshow. When that's all you have I guess you have to flaunt your 3-1 series lead.

lefty
04-25-2009, 07:01 PM
that 2006 Western Conference championship trophy would beg to differ mofo!

It was a great achievement for the Mavs

Especially when you consider Amre missed the whole season, and yet it took 6 games to beat the Suns

Brickhouse
04-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Thank god for the Laker fans to clear up everything.

Xylus
04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Thank god for the Laker fans to clear up everything.

Fuck you, too.

Brickhouse
04-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Fuck you, too.

What are you getting butthurt over? How did you expect Mav fans to react to this thread? "Oh why thank you Suns fan, yes the Mavs only win against depleted opponents, let's discredit everything about them"

Looking at all the other game threads, I don't see any of the regulars bragging about a 3-1 lead, not even the Cuban dicksucking Ghazi.

Xylus
04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
What are you getting butthurt over? How did you expect Mav fans to react to this thread? "Oh why thank you Suns fan, yes the Mavs only win against depleted opponents, let's discredit everything about them"

Looking at all the other game threads, I don't see any of the regulars bragging about a 3-1 lead, not even the Cuban dicksucking Ghazi.

Don't react at all. You look douchier than the guy you're mocking when you do.

Ghayzi
04-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Fuck the Spurs! 3-1 Bitches! We love our boys in blue, and you too Marky Mark! :)

anonoftheinternets
04-25-2009, 07:17 PM
I think most mavs were disgusted with their team this year, but a nice finishing run thankks to suns being injured, and a luckly first round against injured spurs, has really allowed them to vent.

I think its amazing, coz personally this first round is a match up of losers, because without manu and injured duncan spurs are as useless, or actually a little more useless (as we see with the 1-3 deficit) than the mavs. I really dont see any need to trash talk here, coz dallas better beat a depleted spurs team else it would be really pathetic. But I guess two first round exits, means this is a win to celebrate. So props to the mavs. But I think you should set the bar a bit higher.

Brickhouse
04-25-2009, 07:18 PM
I must be missing all these posts of Mav fans celebrating besides blatant trolls.

I mean even the biggest Mav homer on the board, Ghazi, wasn't all that happy with the win because of Dirk and Terry's subpar performances.

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 07:19 PM
I think most mavs were disgusted with their team this year, but a nice finishing run thankks to suns being injured, and a luckly first round against injured spurs, has really allowed them to vent.

I think its amazing, coz personally this first round is a match up of losers, because without manu and injured duncan spurs are as useless, or actually a little more useless (as we see with the 1-3 deficit) than the mavs. I really dont see any need to trash talk here, coz dallas better beat a depleted spurs team else it would be really pathetic. But I guess two first round exits, means this is a win to celebrate. So props to the mavs. But I think you should set the bar a bit higher.

We would still be beating the Spurs with Ginobili.

lefty
04-25-2009, 07:22 PM
:lmao

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 07:28 PM
:lol Yeah it's a joke, because the Spurs were soo good before

Next year when you guys get healthy, you'll surely win it all!

monosylab1k
04-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh, and fuck you too Mono. Mav fan is notorious for ridiculing Spur fan for flaunting their four rings, and you come in here flaunting your team's 3-1 lead over a team that has nothing to do with the series?

That's about as fucking twattish as it gets.

Talk shit about the Mavs and you get shit talked back at you. What did the faggot who started this thread expect? That all Mavs fans would just say "oh yeah, you're right :lol good assessment!"

Is it a false statement that the Suns have been owned by the Spurs for quite some time, and the Mavs haven't?

Ghazi
04-25-2009, 07:32 PM
There's really nothing to brag about given the health of the Spurs. In their present state they're overreliant on parker and beyond that overreliant on the 3-PT shot. Nothing to brag about, Mavs haven't been playing exceptional.

but, if we do win this series, I think we should feel glad. Given the fact that midway through the season we looked like a9th place team, and until the final week looked like we'd experience a quick, painless death at the hands of the Lakers, it will feel nice if we can finish this series.

monosylab1k
04-25-2009, 07:32 PM
lulz Brickhouse already handled that, I didn't need to.

monosylab1k
04-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Don't react at all. You look douchier than the guy you're mocking when you do.

Okay well don't react to any of my upcoming threads for fear of looking douchey.

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 07:36 PM
That can actually be said

:lmao It's hilarious how Spur fan actually still lives this lie

monosylab1k
04-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Okay well don't react to any of my upcoming threads for fear of looking douchey.

Disregard because apparently any Suns related thread will now be deleted.

monosylab1k
04-25-2009, 07:40 PM
3-1

Xylus
04-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Is it a false statement that the Suns have been owned by the Spurs for quite some time, and the Mavs haven't?

Is it a false statement that the Spurs have 4 rings and the Mavs have 0?

Ghazi
04-25-2009, 07:44 PM

Yes it is

Xylus
04-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Yes it is

:bking

Xylus
04-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Don't turn one post by a guy who dislikes the Mavs into a Sun Fan - Mav Fan brawl. Don't hate the OP, hate the thread.

monosylab1k
04-25-2009, 07:48 PM

Hey, I'm sorry your team sucks too much to be getting their asses kicked again by the Spurs in the playoffs. I'm sorry the Mavs are better than the Suns. That's life. Remember who started this thread, Sun Fan did. Mavs fans didn't have shit to say about the Suns until Sun Fan started running his mouth. If you don't want shit talked at you, don't start talking shit in the first place. What Spurs & Mavs fans fight about is their own damn business. Not sure why Sun fan feels the need to say anything.

Xylus
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Hey, I'm sorry your team sucks too much to be getting their asses kicked again by the Spurs in the playoffs.
Me too.

Remember who started this thread, Sun Fan did.
Pauls did, not Sun Fan. You and your blue-clad cronies turned this into a topic about Sun Fan and Mav fan, not the other way around.

Mavs fans didn't have shit to say about the Suns until Sun Fan started running his mouth. If you don't want shit talked at you, don't start talking shit in the first place. What Spurs & Mavs fans fight about is their own damn business. Not sure why Sun fan feels the need to say anything.
What Spur Fan and Mav Fan fight about is everyone's god damn business, because it comes up in every other fucking thread. It's the reason 4 RINGS, FAGGOT is the most widely spoken phrase on the board. If you fuck with Sun Fan using the same tactics that Spur Fan uses, I have to point out the hypocrisy.

BUMP
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
the Phoenix Suns still exist?

Ghazi
04-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Everyone just chill out

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Where's Phoenix again? And when did they get a basketball team?

BUMP
04-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Wait doesn't 4 rings faggot apply to Suns fan too? They've never won a title and, unlike the Mavs, have never been to the NBA Finals.

(being a sacrificial lamb to the Jordan Bulls doesn't count)

Xylus
04-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Wait doesn't 4 rings faggot apply to Suns fan too? They've never won a title and, unlike the Mavs, have never been to the NBA Finals.

(being a sacrificial lamb to the Jordan Bulls doesn't count)

Suns have been to the Finals twice, fyi, but we are of the ringless lot, yes.

J.T.
04-25-2009, 07:58 PM
4 RINGS FAGGOTS

/thread

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 08:00 PM
2 head to heads, faggot!

/yourlife

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 08:03 PM
LMFAO I guess being happy with mediocrity is a mav fan quality.

It's the playoffs and I'm happy with our series win. :flag:

Mugen
04-25-2009, 08:04 PM

lol.

BUMP
04-25-2009, 08:04 PM
lol Dallas ends another Spurs season

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 08:05 PM
:lmao This is exactly what I'm talking about. Every single Spur fan acts like the notion of their team being washed up is just preposterous!

"We're gonna win the championship when Duncan and Ginobili are healthy, plus were signing Rasheed Wallace and other wing this offseason!"

:rolleyes

BUMP
04-25-2009, 08:06 PM
lol SpurFan crying himself to sleep tonight

Xylus
04-25-2009, 08:08 PM
This argument is pointless since Sun Fan is sympathetic to Mav Fan's woes and would love to see the Evil Empire taken down.

Go Mavs!

http://www.all-nba-all-basketball.com/images/DIRK_NOWITZKI1.jpg

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Xylus, you're alright dude. Not because of that, but just in general. We're all in the same boat here

monosylab1k
04-26-2009, 12:53 AM
If you fuck with Sun Fan using the same tactics that Spur Fan uses, I have to point out the hypocrisy.

Same tactics? You mean bragging about our rings?

Talking about rings that have no bearing in recent Mavs vs. Spurs history is completely different than talking about how both the Spurs and Mavs have both been owning the Suns lately. Sun Fan really needs to quit being a sensitive little bitch. Again, it's not our fault your team sucks.

Xylus
04-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Same tactics? You mean bragging about our rings?

Talking about rings that have no bearing in recent Mavs vs. Spurs history is completely different than talking about how both the Spurs and Mavs have both been owning the Suns lately. Sun Fan really needs to quit being a sensitive little bitch. Again, it's not our fault your team sucks.

Same tactics, as in, using your team's accomplishments as some sort of rebuttal. Or, disqualifying someone else's argument by citing a team that has nothing to do with the topic. No one was even talking about the Suns until you and Shank showed up. :lol

You're doing the same shit over and over, as if it means something to me. Is it supposed to come as a surprise to know the Suns aren't in the playoffs? Maybe I should get a shotgun and blow my nuts off. Or maybe I should root for the Thunder's lottery chances.

Xylus
04-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Hey did the Suns have a game today?

Concession. ^

Thank you for playing.

monosylab1k
04-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Same tactics, as in, using your team's accomplishments as some sort of rebuttal.

I wasn't using my team's accomplishments. I was just stating a fact. Sun Fan is bitter that his team can't beat the Spurs.

Or, disqualifying someone else's argument by citing a team that has nothing to do with the topic.

Talk shit about the Mavs and you get shit talked back at you. How fucking hard is that to comprehend? Every other fanbase here gets it - Mavs fans, Spurs fans, Hornets fans, Lakers fans, hell even the retarded ass Rocket fans. Somehow Sun Fan thinks he's exempt?

monosylab1k
04-26-2009, 01:09 AM
Concession. ^

Thank you for playing.

Not me. But even I've been tricked by my own copycat. A couple times already I've been like "when the hell did I post that????" only to see that it wasn't me.

Xylus
04-26-2009, 01:13 AM
I wasn't using my team's accomplishments. I was just stating a fact. Sun Fan is bitter that his team can't beat the Spurs.
Sun Fan is bitter? Who's bitter? Spork Killer, maybe, and he's not even a Suns fan. Losing to the Spurs got old to Sun Fan two years ago. It's kind of like death and taxes, something to be expected in life.

Talk shit about the Mavs and you get shit talked back at you. How fucking hard is that to comprehend? Every other fanbase here gets it - Mavs fans, Spurs fans, Hornets fans, Lakers fans, hell even the retarded ass Rocket fans. Somehow Sun Fan thinks he's exempt?

Pauls wasn't trying to talk shit, he was merely stating a fact. No trash talk. The Mavs are just beating up on a depleted team they're supposed to beat. No surprises here.

Xylus
04-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Not me. But even I've been tricked by my own copycat. A couple times already I've been like "when the hell did I post that????" only to see that it wasn't me.

My bad. It's a very convincing clone.

Xylus
04-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Pretty fucked up for a copycat to appear in the middle of an argument.