PDA

View Full Version : Malik Got His.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Sure would be a nice fill in at the 4 while Duncan is out. Nazr sure looked great though! The game speaks for itself, I don't need to explain it to any of you.

I'll sit back and wait for the AHF hate.

TheWriter
03-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah, the game does speak for itself.

16 more minutes for Malik.

11 more field goal attempts.

Same amount of rebounds.

Don't you have to give the finger to someone.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Compare him to any big on our team then. There's a reason he got more minutes, he actually contributed.

:flipoff

And there's your finger.

IceColdBrewski
03-21-2005, 10:02 PM
"Malik is the man". "Malik kicked ass". Blah, blah blah. :rolleyes

Malik can suck a dick for all I care. He's not a Spur anymore.

p.s. Just remember he did it against a tired injury plauged Spurs team without its best player. But go ahead party it up if that's what it takes to shut yall up.

TheWriter
03-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Again, 38 minutes compared to 22.

18 shoot attempts compared to 7.

Malik was getting 5 and 5 in 17 before tonight.

Your dumbness speaks more about this post then the game does Malik and Nazr.

SequSpur
Malik knows Pop's plays. He knows the offense and obviously he knows how to coach his fellow teammates to victory.

We used to kill Avery's teams. Malik owns the Spurs.

baseline bum
VBookie on how many games it takes Barry to score!

ShoogarBear
03-21-2005, 10:04 PM

And things were much more different for you when he was a Spur . . .

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Great game by Malik tongiht.

Was more than expected after getting the start.

ALVAREZ6
03-21-2005, 10:10 PM
VBookie on how many games it takes Barry to score!
There aren't enough games left in the season to determine this.
Sorry. :rolleyes

IceColdBrewski
03-21-2005, 10:17 PM
And things were much more different for you when he was a Spur . . .

When he was a Spur, I pulled for him as much as the next guy. I loved his toughness and tenacity. What I didn't love was his inconsistent play and his ability to make the team worse by constantly putting himself in the doghouse. But all that doesn't matter. He's gone now. He's part of another team which makes him an enemy of sorts as far as I'm concerned.

GrandeDavid
03-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Spurs lost because Parker, Barry, Devin, Rasho and everyone else cannot buy a f-ing shot when it counts. That was one disgraceful effort tonight.

stéphane
03-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Malik got me some friggin v bookies.
<3

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Sure would be a nice fill in at the 4 while Duncan is out. Nazr sure looked great though! The game speaks for itself, I don't need to explain it to any of you.

I'll sit back and wait for the AHF hate.

One great game against the SPURS rest of season he SUCKS

TheWriter
We lost because:

A. We let Marbury bitch slap us in the 3rd.

B. We didn't score a single point until the 4 minute mark in the fourth.

ShoogarBear
When he was a Spur, I pulled for him as much as the next guy.

Shit. My bad.

I just realized that I probably was confusing you with Walton on this.

Apollo Geez.

ducks
03-21-2005, 10:22 PM
malik had a decent game but he made just 6 shots out of 18 and had 5 t.o.s

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Spurs lost this game because of Stephon Marbury(no surprise) and Malik Rose. And if you doubt this then you need to learn what defense is and see that the second half of this game was our worst offensive half of the season...

And I can find a quote by just about every single guy on the Knicks team saying Malik is their defensive leader and has been since the first time he stpped on the court.

And I can also find quotes by the Knicks Fans saying yep...that's the same Nazr we remember.

These guys love Malik, they have since he has been playing for them....and the funny part is, he hasn't even been playing that well for them yet.

But go ahead and keep hating...I guess some people like having karma shoved up their ass.

And guess what?

Kurt Thomas was injured tonight.
They've won more games than we have since that trade, they have beaten us(and save the freaking Duncan excuse...we are supposed to a championship team) and they don't have Tim Duncan either.
And if Nazr is so fucking great then how come they sucked when he was there and they don't now?

I am telling you...none of their fans or those players on that team miss Nazr the player...they love his oboards and putbacks but that's all he has...and he is an 8 year vet.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-21-2005, 10:29 PM
I figured Malik would have a big game, he always played good in SA against Philly.

I'm not impressed by his stat line though - dude had as many turnovers as field goals. He took as many shots as Starbury and ended up not even breaking 20 points.

I feel confident in saying that if Nazr got 38 minutes and 18 shot attempts, he would have at least matched Malik's stat line.

Glad to see Malik got the win tonight, because lord knows he's not going to the postseason.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Yeah and Knicks fans also said Gerald Wilkins was better than Dominique, whats your point.

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:32 PM
My point just got shoved up your ass by the New York Knicks...do you need to see it again?

What's your point? An excuse?

Spin away.

T Park
I feel confident in saying that if Nazr got 38 minutes and 18 shot attempts, he would have at least matched Malik's stat line.

How dare you use reason and logic.

But, your a hater.

Wasting your breath with these bozos.

Aggie Hoopsfan
And if Nazr is so fucking great then how come they sucked when he was there and they don't know?

Nazr was playing ten minutes a night for them before he got traded, you can't blame their futility on him.

As for what's changed... as an avid fantasy hooper, go look at the stats of Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas since the All-Star break and get back to me.

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:33 PM
What you guys will never be able to excuse is the fact that the Knicks sucked ass with Nazr as their starting Center...and they don't now.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:33 PM
lol, Whottt, Im glad your happy the Spurs lost tonight, I know you were hoping for this and Malik getting a big game so you could give everyone in here a big I told you so, cause no one in here loves to say "I told you so" better than you.

But, dont use reason logic or facts, cause then youll clusterfuck yourself.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-21-2005, 10:34 PM
My point just got shoved up your ass by the New York Knicks.

New York didn't shove anything up anyone's ass. Tim Duncan's injury and Manu's rust, however did.

And if you say that's an excuse, well you can shove that up your ass. I'd love to see NY win against a good DIII college team without Starbury, or Miami without Shaq, or Cleveland without LeBron.

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Kurt Thomas didn't play tonight...

C'mon...they started ole turnover prone Malik...that should have worked in our favor right? I mean he held us back right?

and hey...what's our record now with Duncan out...Manu playing, compared to last season when Malik in filled in for him...with meaningless 20 20 games and leading the NBA in FTA.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Your actually sticking with that Whottt??

Pathetic.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:37 PM
And if you say that's an excuse, well you can shove that up your ass. I'd love to see NY win against a good DIII college team without Starbury, or Miami without Shaq, or Cleveland without LeBron.

Served again.

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:37 PM
New York didn't shove anything up anyone's ass. Tim Duncan's injury and Manu's rust, however did.

Knicks were without Kurt Thomas, their starting C...and they are beat up too...

Oh no...but wait...Isiah Thomas is an idiot remember? Your scouting buddy had it all figured it out...he's an idiot that now has a better record than us since doing those trades.

leemajors
03-21-2005, 10:39 PM
whottt you are an idiot, the knicks still suck total ass, malik or not. but i guess their incredible 7-4 record since trading for malik makes them a beast in the east. 8-5 by the spurs is way worse than that!

T Park
Nazr's first back to back game, comes back against a team that he played well for, and you dont see that coming??

Maybe he was GASP HUMAN AND WAS NERVOUS.

I know, being human on this forum is foreign to Nazr haters.

if Nazr went 6 for 18 Whottt would be starting another,

where are the Nazr> wilt threads bullshit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
meaningless 20 20 games

Dude, it was one fucking game. You talk about Malik like he was some kind of poor man's Wilt Chamberlain :lol

Manu proved last year he could carry the team with Tony and Tim out. It's obvious the last two games Manu is still rusty/hurt, but you gloss over that because you want to pump up the importance of Malik.

I feel ya.

Tell ya what: let's come back and talk in June and compare notes. You win if Malik and the Knicks got further than the Spurs. :lol

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Knicks were without Kurt Thomas, their starting C...and they are beat up too...

so kurt Thomas and Penny Hardaway = Tim Duncan??

Wow, thats a new one.

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Served? Served?

Our team got served.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Whott you would have a point if the center position was incredibly important, but it's not. Marbury makes that team go. He had 31 tonight. Marbury gets off, the Knicks are tough to beat.

Rose was 6-18 tonight, he just took away some of Crawford's bricks for his own.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:42 PM
If Manu was even close to being 80% this is a much different game.

I don't know how many times tonight manu pulled up and passed, and didn't drive the lane.

That folks is a rusty/injured Ginobili.

A healthy Ginobili goes for 30 tonight easily.

SequSpur
Let me get a word in here......

Rasho, Malik, Nazr, Marks and Massenburg, have to be the worst group of assembled big men in the history of basketball. Created by Popovich.

Without Duncan, their balance of talent falls off the cliff.

Late.

whottt
Aggie...if I were you and picNroll I would go and edit those comments where you guys claimed Mohammed has a J....

Because you guys aint got a fucking clue what you are talking about and you will embarrassed if you don't back away from that stance...that thing is the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Rose was 6-18 tonight,

I will reiterate.

If Nazr Mohammed shot that, Whottt, Timvp, and everyone else, would be calling for his head, and having him cut immediately.

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:44 PM
The Knicks are a 26 win team...and according to you guys we raped them of their best player...they were playing without their best big...and we can't beat them without Tim Duncan?

Sorry that is an excuse.

Kori Ellis
03-21-2005, 10:45 PM
I will reiterate.

If Nazr Mohammed shot that, Whottt, Timvp, and everyone else, would be calling for his head, and having him cut immediately.

Only because he shouldn't be taking 18 shots off the bench.

If he was a starter and was still productive (boards, blocks, getting to the line) no one would care if he was 6-for-18.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:45 PM
hat thing is the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

Yeah cause Malik had a Bernard King esque jumper out there tonight right.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:46 PM
no one would care if he was 6-for-18.

in all respect Kori, Bullshit.

There would be THOUSANDS of threads calling for his fuckin head.

If Malik does it?? hes fantatsic.

The hypocrisy knows no ends.

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Malik's J looks like Ray Allen compard to Mohammeds...that damn thing of his looks like it could kills someone if it hit them...have you actually watched this guy take a J?

It comes out of his hands going about 175 MPH.......that aint something that stays with you for 8 years because of coaching.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:47 PM
we raped them of their best player

Wanna show us where we said that??

No one said Nazr Mohammed was there best player.

Only in your Coyote > David Robinson brain did that come up.

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:48 PM
lol I am the last defender of Brent Barry and now you tell me I would trash a guy over his PCT?

Wrong.

My trashing of Mohammed's J has nothing to do with his PCT...and everything to do with the fact that he doesn't have one and homers were claiming he did because he made one freaking shot.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:49 PM
hat aint something that stays with you for 8 years because of coaching.

So now Mohammed has had good coaching in his 8 years in the league????

Fantastic.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-21-2005, 10:50 PM
I'd say Nazr was about the fourth best player on the Knicks (Marbury, Crawford, KThomas). He was their best center, and one of the better ones in the league (still is).

It takes other guys entire seasons to "get" the Spurs system, and yet we have one clown (whott) railing on the guy for not getting it all in 8 games. Go figure.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Oh horseshit.

If Mohammed shot 6-18 youd say

Malik never shot that much, Malik knew when to stop, malik malik malik malik.

IceColdBrewski
03-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Spurs without Duncan is not an acceptable excuse?

Too funny. I give up. Common sense doesn't seem to exist in the Malik Jock rider's twilight zone.

texasqb2
malik had a decent game but he made just 6 shots out of 18 and had 5 t.o.s

that says it all, come on guys Malik sucks

whottt
So now Mohammed has had good coaching in his 8 years in the league????

Fantastic.

Larry Brown ring a bell?

Of course...Brown traded him...

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:53 PM
railing on the guy for not getting it all in 8 games

of course, he should be playing all star level immediately, BTW, groin injuries are "excuses" also.

Kori Ellis
03-21-2005, 10:53 PM
in all respect Kori, Bullshit.

There would be THOUSANDS of threads calling for his fuckin head.

If Malik does it?? hes fantatsic.

The hypocrisy knows no ends.

No TPark, you are just talking senseless. You think that anyone would be ragging on Nazr if he had 18 and 7 and got to the line 7 times. Everyone would be rejoicing, no matter how he got his points.

Bottomline is that both Nazr and Malik are mid-level players. They both have faults and they both have strengths. Malik will be more productive in NY than he was in SA because he'll get consistent playing time and won't have to worry about the doghouse. (Hopefully) Nazr will be more productive in SA than he was in NY just because he's surrounded by better talent and in a better system. Nazr does an incredible job getting rebounding position. He's got a great knack for the ball around the basket, thus the high number of tip-ins. He's got a lot to learn on D (he admits that himself, so there's no reason to refute it) and he doesn't have a good jumper (but it shouldn't really matter if he stays within his role).

Either way, this Spurs loss wasn't about Nazr and Malik. It was about No Tim Duncan, Marbury going off, and the Spurs not buying a hoop in the second half.

Hopefully Manu can get healthy and the Spurs can stay respectable during this time with Tim out. The four sets of back-to-backs in the beginning of April are going to be killer. Barry needs to find a way to contribute. Parker needs to play every minute he's on the floor like he does in the first quarter. And one of the Spurs bigmen (or a combination of them) needs to establish an inside defensive presence.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Larry Brown ring a bell?

Yeah he had him for what, half of a season? 1 season??

So that makes him bad now??

Im sure in your mind had Larry Brown coached Malik, hed be a 30 and 20 guy.

whottt
Ok so we can't beat a shitty Knicks team forced to start the shitty Malik Rose without Duncan.

Boy...that makes me feel better.

Clandestino
"Malik is the man". "Malik kicked ass". Blah, blah blah. :rolleyes

p.s. Just remember he did it against a tired injury plauged Spurs team without its best player. But go ahead party it up if that's what it takes to shut yall up.

too fucking funny!

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:55 PM
This loss was about Malik Rose...because Malik Rose is capable of bigger game than Nazr Mohammed, Rasho Neseterovich and Robert Horry...

SequSpur
03-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Whatever happened to the allstar from Argentina?

whottt
03-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Forget tonights game...I just want someone to tell me why the Knicks sucked when Nazr was their starting C and they don't now?

Explain it to me please...forget about us...they sucked with Nazr and they don't now...

When they asked Isiah how he could trade a starting C he said...I don't have a starting C and I like Rose better.

Dude only won 2 titles, maybe he knows what the hell he is talking about...he did with Charlie Ward.

T Park
03-21-2005, 10:59 PM
what happened to you being a Manu fan?

guess you jumped off that bandwagon too eh PBA?

alik Rose is capable of bigger game than Nazr Mohammed, Rasho Neseterovich and Robert Horry...

And he is also capable of making Sean Marks look like an all star.

Whats your point, that once ina while hell have a good game??

It is?? thanks.

T Park
03-21-2005, 11:00 PM
I just want someone to tell me why the Knicks sucked when Nazr was their starting C and they don't now?

Maybe because Kurt Thomas and some other players are playing better?

they are 7-4. thats better??

Whew.

IceColdBrewski
03-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Larry Brown ring a bell?

Of course...Brown traded him...

Of course Brown traded him. Guys like Muhammed and Malik will always be trade bait. Because they're not good/consistent enough to stick with a team. Maybe you'll wake up one day and understand that concept.

whottt
03-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Of course Brown traded him. Guys like Muhammed and Malik will always be trade bait. Because their not good/consistent enough to stick with a team. Maybe you'll wake up one day and understand that concept.

Hey dumbass..which one has been traded upteen times from lottery teams and which one has spent virtually his entire career as the main back up big on a perennial title contender?

One of those guys was valued and even over paid(over paid to keep him out of the hands of hte defending champions) on a title contender for 8 fucking years...and the other one couldn't stick with a lottery team...

You don't see just a little bit of difference there?

You think we never had anyone taller than Malik in 8 seasons?

whottt
03-21-2005, 11:05 PM
You guys can spin this trade until we all puke...

But if you think we are better right now, this second, with Duncan injured, ...with some guy who doesn't know our playbook from his ass in the ground, instead of Malik Rose?

You are fucking wrong.

Just remember that if we lose HCA...I am pretty sure we have only won one series, in the entire history of the team, in which we did not have HCA.

Stupid gamble by the Spurs trading a PROVEN and EXPERIENCED player for one who wasn't...in the middle of a title race.

This trade has made it harder not easier to win a title.

For what purpose?

T Park
03-21-2005, 11:07 PM
So when the guy knows the playbook, itll be good?

IceColdBrewski
03-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Forget tonights game...I just want someone to tell me why the Knicks sucked when Nazr was their starting C and they don't now?

I'll answer your question when you can tell my why Malik coudn't keep his head on straight enough to keep himself out of the doghouse for one fuckin season.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
I just want someone to tell me why the Knicks sucked when Nazr was their starting C and they don't now?

I told you dork. Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas are playing better. Kurt was playing hurt earlier this year, and missed time. Jamaal Crawford missed 15 games injured. Tim Thomas missed 11 games.

Fuck man, Tim Thomas has gone from an 11 PPG, 3 RPG player before the A-S break to a 19 PPG, 8 RPG, multiple three pointers per game stud.

It's all there in black and white, but you've got to get your lips off of Malik's dick long enough to realize it.

T Park
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Because management "had it in for him"

Brewski, come on.

That and Pop hated him.

Ignore the comments Pop made about him after the trade, and the hug and pleasantries after the game.

Kori Ellis
03-21-2005, 11:09 PM
During the game, Rose avoided eye contact with Spurs coach Greg Popovich - except to glance over to see which play was being called, then announcing it to his new teammates.

"He was really coaching the Knicks," Spurs guard Manu Ginobili said. "Every time we called a play, he was telling everybody what to do. He played a very good game."

Spurminator
03-21-2005, 11:11 PM
You don't see just a little bit of difference there?

Yes, an untradeable contract and an unattractive build.

whottt
03-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Because Pop had Robert Horry and had more leeway to be a dick.

And if we'd have anyone besides Smitty the last time we won a title he would have probably done it with Jack as well....and Jack would probably look a lot like Barry does now...Pop can be a dickhead and he's done it too much with this team.

The Spurs fucked up...I am not a fucking hater either...I was the idiot that predicted 65 wins for this team and that they would tear the assholes out of Elephants...I didn't realize they were gonna fuck around because they wanted close games when we were looking to be one of the most dominant teams in NBA history...and make risky trades...

I didn't realize they were going to fix what wasn't broken...

This team has issues....and they aren't just because Duncan is injured...in case you guys haven't noticed...we haven't beaten a really good team in a long time...and we haven't been very good on the road this year. I don't think this is the year we want to try and win a title without HCA.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-21-2005, 11:13 PM
One of those guys was valued and even over paid(over paid to keep him out of the hands of hte defending champions) on a title contender for 8 fucking years...and the other one couldn't stick with a lottery team...

Stephen Jackson was CUT from a lotto team before we made him a player. Fuck, as much as you love Rose, you should know he was a fucking scrub ass Charlotte Hornet bench player before the Spurs made a player out of him as well.

YOu want to talk about having a valid take, or embarrassing yourself with comments on this site? You are unwilling to afford Nazr the player development that made Malik the demi hoops god you pretend he is today.

Fucking hypocrite.

IceColdBrewski
03-21-2005, 11:13 PM
You guys can spin this trade until we all puke...

But if you think we are better right now, this second, with Duncan injured, ...with some guy who doesn't know our playbook from his ass in the ground, instead of Malik Rose?

You are fucking wrong.

Just remember that if we lose HCA...I am pretty sure we have only won one series, in the entire history of the team, in which we did not have HCA.

Stupid gamble by the Spurs trading a PROVEN and EXPERIENCED player for one who wasn't...in the middle of a title race.

This trade has made it harder not easier to win a title.

For what purpose?

For what purpose? Because Rasho SUCKS. That's why. He wasn't getting it done. We need a center that can score more than 8 points a game to win the Championship. I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Oh, and as for Larry Brown, the one decent coach Nazr's had in his pro career:

You're talking about the same Larry Brown that fucked up an Olympic team led by Tim and AI because he had a thing against playing the young guy (James).

T Park
03-21-2005, 11:16 PM
^^ your talking to a tree aggie.

...Pop can be a dickhead and he's done it too much with this team.

So who would you rather coach?

whottt
03-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Stephen Jackson was CUT from a lotto team before we made him a player. Fuck, as much as you love Rose, you should know he was a fucking scrub ass Charlotte Hornet bench player before the Spurs made a player out of him as well.

YOu want to talk about having a valid take, or embarrassing yourself with comments on this site? You are unwilling to afford Nazr the player development that made Malik the demi hoops god you pretend he is today.

Fucking hypocrite.

Pop can take on the projects but he can't make them work...that's up to the player. You want to give Pop credit for taking a chance on Malik that's fine...

But don't you give him credit for Malik's determination to succeed...because that is all Malik's.

whottt
03-21-2005, 11:22 PM
^^ your talking to a tree aggie.

So who would you rather coach?

Me....isn't it obvious?

Look just try not to have a brain fart here...it is possible to be critical of someone and not think they need to be fired...

The Spurs are fucking up...and their shit this season has made it harder to win a title...this does not mean we won't win a title or that they will continue to screw up...but the fact is they've done some stupid shit this year.

whottt
03-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Jeezus Aggie...you have an excuse for everything....look at the scoreboard. Look at the W-L record since the trade. Look at what the Knicks players, coaches and GM are saying. Look at our past trades with the Knicks....look at what happened the last time we thought we were going to get a steal off of them....

Look...the Knicks suck, they a fucking lottery team....and we are not going to find keys to our title by picking up their castoffs...we never have yet.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-21-2005, 11:27 PM
:lol Where the fuck do you get that?

You aren't even giving Nazr time to get coached up by the Spurs staff.

He's been here 9 games, he's not averaging 15 and 10, he's a bust[/dumbfuck whott]

Rose's first year with SA he averaged 3 and 1.7. Second year, 6 and 4. Third year, 6.7 and 4.5. Fourth year 7.7 and 5.5 (in 21.7 minutes).

Nazr's averaging 6.8 and 6 so far in 15 minutes per game for SA, with no training camp or summer workouts to get set in the Spurs system.

Don't you owe it to the guy to at least wait until next year to judge him? I mean he's already doing better in 8 games in the Spurs system than Malik could say he did in any of his first four years in the Spurs system.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-21-2005, 11:29 PM
Geezus Whott.

Look, Malik Rose was getting dnp-cds on our squad. He wasn't doing jack shit to contribute to a title when he wasn't getting off the damn bench behind 58 year old Tony Massenberg and 47 year old Robert Horry.

Shit, if Malik was getting any kind of regular minutes and doing anything with them besides beaning fans in the sixth row with the ball, you might have a point. But he wasn't and you don't.

IceColdBrewski
03-21-2005, 11:47 PM
Geezus Whott.

Look, Malik Rose was getting dnp-cds on our squad. He wasn't doing jack shit to contribute to a title when he wasn't getting off the damn bench behind 58 year old Tony Massenberg and 47 year old Robert Horry.

Shit, if Malik was getting any kind of regular minutes and doing anything with them besides beaning fans in the sixth row with the ball, you might have a point. But he wasn't and you don't.

This is the part I don't understand. Malik was a liability to this team because he never could bite his toungue long enough to keep himself out of the doghouse. Yet the Rose jock riders expect us to get down on our knees and worship him for the bench warmer that he was. :rolleyes

whottt
03-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Whatever...celebrate kissing HCA goodbye dumbfucks, ...and don't tell me Malik wouldn't have made a difference in this game, he was here for 8 years, he knew the team better than anyone but Duncan...his being on the bench had more to do with Horry being here than it did a change in his play,..he's averaged nearly a double double in his career as a starter(like 16 9 or something), and that number goes up when Duncan is injured.

And when Duncan went down last season Pop still played him no matter how deep in the doghouse he was....and we went 5-3 or something in those games.

But just keep acting like he was a meaningless scrub...just keep pretending he didn't throw down a 20 20 game with Duncan out last season(something neither Nazr nor Rasho has ever done and Nazr is unlikely to do this season)...pretend he didn't step up the year we won the title against Phoenix and the Mavs....

Whatever gets you off...but I like winning titles.

Aggie...I hate to tell you this...but there is more to the game than numbers and if was only about numbers then I would like this trade...

You tell me to judge the success of this trade next year? I could give two fucks about next year...this year was about this year....

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-22-2005, 12:07 AM
celebrate kissing HCA goodbye dumbfucks,

We're not going to have homecourt over Phoenix because Tim Duncan came down on someone's ankle Sunday.

You could play Malik 48 minutes a game and he wouldn't make up for Tim being out. Quit being such a dumbass on this.

You tell me to judge the success of this trade next year? I could give two fucks about next year...this year was about this year

If it was about this year, then why do you keep saying shit like...

just keep pretending he didn't throw down a 20 20 game with Duncan out last season

You are hanging on to one game LAST year to justify your position on Malik's contributions to the team THIS year. Heed your own advice.

I think Nazr does more for this team this year, and this year in the playoffs, than Malik would if he were still here.

I bring up next year because you are already judging Nazr as a "bust" after 8 games, when he's already doing better than Rose did in four years.

I know it ain't all about stats, for instance it never showed up besides Malik's name all those times where taller big men simply shot over him or snatched rebounds from above his head that we all were treated to the last two years.

And of course it's not going to show up in the stat sheet that whenever the ball got to Malik on offense the flow of the offense stopped so Malik could figure out how he was going to fuck up the possession - jumper outside his range or go one one four and get blocked.

The stats don't tell everything, I'll give you that, and Rose's stats the last year and a half don't tell the story of how much he hurt this squad at both ends of the court.

Point taken.

timvp
03-22-2005, 12:10 AM
With Duncan sidelined, you'd have to have no longterm memory to say you wouldn't rather have Rose right now than Mohammed. Rose has always filled in for Duncan with averages of like 15 and 8 over his career.

He probably outgrew his role as a bench player on this team, but as an emergency starter ... he was and still would be a great fit.

Rose owned the Spurs tonight. He sucked in the first half put turned it around after halftime to rip the Spurs. Without Rose's performance, the Spurs would have gotten the much needed win.

This is what happens, Spurs fans, when you think every bigman on your team needs to be Tim Duncan or David Robinson. Granted, Nazr is pretty good and I think a BETTER fit in a bench for the Spurs right now than Rose, but he's going to be hated by Spurs fans too soon enough.

Now that I've seen Nazr play for awhile, here's my scouting report:

PROS
*Great offensive rebounder
*Usually can finish around the basket
*Tall with long arms
*Average to above average defensive rebounder
*Seems like a willing passer
*Wants to win

CONS
*Should never shoot another jumper
*His post moves are below average
*He doesn't intimidate on D like a man his size should
*Below average speed and second jump is non-existent
*Doesn't have great instincts on offense -- causes a lot of bad spacing

Like I said, overall I'm happy with the trade. Nazr can be a really good fit off the bench.

However now with Duncan out, I'd like Rose because he has a proven track record of filling in for Duncan and succeeding in doing so.

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Whatever...celebrate kissing HCA goodbye dumbfucks, ...and don't tell me Malik wouldn't have made a difference in this game, he was here for 8 years, he knew the team better than anyone but Duncan...his being on the bench had more to do with Horry being here than it did a change in his play,..he's averaged nearly a double double in his career as a starter(like 16 9 or something), and that number goes up when Duncan is injured.

And when Duncan went down last season Pop still played him no matter how deep in the doghouse he was....and we went 5-3 or something in those games.

But just keep acting like he was a meaningless scrub...just keep pretending he didn't throw down a 20 20 game with Duncan out last season(something neither Nazr nor Rasho has ever done and Nazr is unlikely to do this season)...pretend he didn't step up the year we won the title against Phoenix and the Mavs....

Whatever gets you off...but I like winning titles.

Aggie...I hate to tell you this...but there is more to the game than numbers and if was only about numbers then I would like this trade...

You tell me to judge the success of this trade next year? I could give two fucks about next year...this year was about this year....

Ah. It's "dumbfucks" now. When all else fails, resort to name calling and personal attacks.

For the record, nobody is saying he was a "meaningless scrub". Nice job of trying to put words our mouths though. Whatever man. For once, I agree with T-Park. I feel like I'm talking to a tree.

You're right. Malik was the man. Happy now?

wildbill2u
03-22-2005, 12:23 AM
TIMVP: "Without Rose's performance, the Spurs would have gotten the much needed win."

I think everyone should take a closer at our stats. I know at one time during the game we were 3 for 18 on 3pt shots and had 13 TOs. I don't know what the final box will look like, but you don't win many games with that kind of performance, even against the Little Sisters of the Poor.

whottt
03-22-2005, 12:25 AM
You're right. Malik was the man. Happy now?

Actually I'm not. I'd much rather feel like we can play above average ball for the remainder of Duncan's injury and I don't think we can...which means our title is at stake...

I can tell you right now...barring injury we aint catching the Heat for best record in the NBA...kiss that goodbye. I'd say it's a good bet that the Suns are going to pass us as well...I could live with all that...but it's when the pesky teams like the Mavs and Sonics pass us that I start seeing our season pass before my eyes...

Taking a look at things it's very possible the Mavs could catch us...which most likely puts us on the road for 3 series counting the finals and also puts us in a likely 1st round match up with the Rockets....

I am sorry but we don't win a title if that happens.

This team hasn't been that good on the road...and I think the Spurs have won one playoff series as the road team in their NBA history.

SPARKY
03-22-2005, 12:37 AM
Motherfucker give me a bigman who will play like a bigman in the paint instead of a Goddam little pussy in a 7 foot frame. Sooner or later some of you dumb fuckers will realize that height isn't as important as you think it is in the NBA.

Fuck you all.

gilmor
03-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Whott, why don't u relax and drink a beer instead of getting so fucking hung up on Spurs related news.. hey.. get a life man.. in this world, there is actually no RIGHT or WRONG in every thing that we do.. but we have to accountable for our actions that's all..

timvp
03-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Motherfucker give me a bigman who will play like a bigman in the paint instead of a Goddam little pussy in a 7 foot frame. Sooner or later some of you dumb fuckers will realize that height isn't as important as you think it is in the NBA.

Fuck you all.

Welcome back.

Reality has been lacking lately.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-22-2005, 01:06 AM
Without Rose's performance, the Spurs would have gotten the much needed win.

Sorry, but this is bullshit. We lost because Marbury went apeshit and because all the Spurs went cold shooting. Take away Rose and NY gets his points (in probably a more efficient fashion) from Marbury, Crawford, and Tim Thomas.

Kori Ellis
03-22-2005, 01:12 AM
AHF, give Malik some credit. He was a huge part of the Knicks runs tonight.

From AP....

He had six free throws, a short bank shot, two layups and a 20-footer in a personal 14-3 run that put New York ahead 64-60 entering the fourth quarter, then knocked down two free throws with 9:04 left as part of the 14-0 run that put New York ahead 78-60.

Rose ended the run with a pair of 18-foot jumpers off passes from Marbury, pumping his fist after each shot.

timvp
03-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Rose has preached defense to the Knicks. That is what beat the Spurs.

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Rose has preached defense to the Knicks. That is what beat the Spurs.

Wha???

Defense had nothing to do with all the wide open shots that clanked off the rim in the 4th quarter. Defense had nothing to do with uncontested layups that didn't fall. Try again.

kskonn
03-22-2005, 01:20 AM
FYI Spurs did not have a winning record last year w/o duncan, 4-5 And if I recall a lot of the success when duncan was out last year was more due to the increased production of Rasho.

milkyway21
03-22-2005, 01:26 AM
NEW YORK (AP) - Tim Duncan was missed by the San Antonio Spurs, and Malik Rose made sure his former team missed him, too.

Rose knocked down a pair of 18-foot jumpers to complete a 14-0 run to start the fourth quarter, getting a measure of revenge against the team that traded him last month as the New York Knicks defeated the San Antonio Spurs 88-75 Monday night.

"It was definitely personal for him," teammate Jamal Crawford said.(foxsports) :wtf

...I love Malik Rose but he is not a Spur anymore. My cheer for Malik has come to an end. As a Spurs fan my concern is to watch the Spurs win more games(they're in the playoffs, Duncan made sure of that before his injury), watch Nazr improve as a player under coach Pops' supervision, pray TP remains healthy, Rasho, too, pray Barry will find his shots, Manu will recuperate 100% before playoffs, in time for Duncan's return.And I couldn't care less if Malik got his revenge on my favorite team as long as we continue to support our players(even if they suck sometimes:lol)

timvp
03-22-2005, 01:27 AM
Wha???

Defense had nothing to do with all the wide open shots that clanked off the rim in the 4th quarter. Defense had nothing to do with uncontested layups that didn't fall. Try again.

"He was coaching the Knicks," Manu Ginobili said. "Every time we called a play, he was telling everybody what to do."

Yeah, that had nothing to do with it. Say that three times and maybe you'll start believing it and feeling better.

Yeah.

whottt
03-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Too bad Nazr couldn't tell us what plays the Knicks were going to run...then again they are winning now so he probably isn't familiar with anything they are doing...but hey points and rebounds are all that matters...We damn sure don't need any on the court leadership...

whottt
03-22-2005, 01:31 AM
I'd STFU about Malik's shooting pct as well...he's shooting better than Nazr is since the trade...I do give Nazr props for finally creeping over 40% though...

I know, I know, Nazr plays for a new team while Malik doesn't and Malik gets to play with Tim Duncan, and he gets the benefit of playing against shitty EC teams like the Heat twice in the past week...While Nazr has to earn it against tough defensive teams like the Bobcats.

whottt
03-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Don't anyone tell Brewski that the Knicks top defensive "coincidences" have all come since the trade...we wouldn't want him to start having credible takes.

milkyway21
03-22-2005, 01:40 AM
i think Nazr fits in better than Malik in the Silver & Gray uniform, how i wish the two to come from the bench, same minutes, it would have been easier for us to compare the two.

...let's give him more time to fit in.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Kori, I'm not saying he didn't have a solid game. I'm just saying we lost because of our sorry shooting and Tony's personal nemesis (Marbury). Malik had a solid stat line, but take him away from the Knicks and they still win with how we played tonight.

whottt
03-22-2005, 02:17 AM
how i wish the two to come from the bench, same minutes, it would have been easier for us to compare the two.

...let's give him more time to fit in.

Well everyone is hyping Nazr becasue of his starting numbers VS Malik off the bench...

Go take a look at Nazr's bench numbers compiled on lottery teams(in and of itself a revealing fact)and see if you like that comparison any better...

How much time you want to give him to fit in?

Till next season like AHF?

I didn't realize our purpose was to be a halfway house for Knicks reclamation projects...I thought our goal was to win an NBA title.

Even if he does get it figured out in time for the playoffs...by then he's going to have a new learning experience called the NBA playoffs...I don't think he got very much experience last season as he was getting swept by the Nets.

And MB nailed it on this crap about Malik Rose's size...

The NBA didn't just all of a sudden get taller...it's been that way for while...Last year when we lost, size wasn't our problem but a lack of Malik Rose might have been...he always seemed to do fine before.

milkyway21
03-22-2005, 03:29 AM
i think Nazr played well not JUST against the lowly team the Bobcats but he has produced 13 pts(4-7=57%FG), 8 rbds against the reigning champs Detroit.

And i saw how Malik fare with the Spurs in the last 2 yrs. He's no longer the 1999 Malik despite the locker room leadership.

i'm not asking an eternity here, i can see the promise. let's give Pops some credit. Let's not make the Nazr trade a mistake.

for me, it's still Nazr > Malik for the Spurs.

Karl Mundt
03-22-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm surprized to see people think Malik actually had a good game. I admit, i didn't actually see the game, i followed the live play by play instead, and Malik did make up somewhat for his poor play in the first half with his play down the stretch, but here are my observations:
If Malik was trying to show Pop he was wrong for trading him, he did the exact opposite, he showed Pop excactly why he was traded, and why he was in the doghouse for much of last two seasons. Malik tried to play like a star yesterday, he was trying to play in a way that was way above his ability, just what Pop has been critisizing him for. He played starters minutes (in fact most starters don't play 38 minutes a night) and he

1. shot far too much (18 FGA is far too much for a player Malik's quality, unless he is hot on the night)
2. shot poorly (18 points isn't that great of an accomplishment when you are shooting 6-18)
3. he turned the ball over far too much and didn't get a single assist in the process (0 assists to 5 turnovers)
(he could've made up a bit if he at least had a good rebounding night, but 7 rebounds in 38 minutes is far below what he is capable of)

The Spurs need role players who play within their role, not players who try to take over the game at any cost. In my opinion Nazr had a better game. If you extrapolate his numbers to per 38 minutes, he would've had 12 points on 43% FGs, 12 rebounds (10 offensive), 2 blocks, 5 turnovers and 5 fouls.

whottt
03-22-2005, 07:42 AM
The Knicks don't have an interior presence named Tim Duncan and they need Malik's scoring more than the Spurs, especially tonight with Kurt Thomas out. I'd say all but about 5 of Malik's shots were open shots he got off running the picnroll with Marbury that the Spurs didn't send a defender......they dared Malik to shoot and it worked in the first half when he was nervous..

In the second half he started hitting them and the Spurs had to send a defender...and the next thing you know Marbury destroyed us once the paint opened up...then they stopped sending the defender again and Malik put us down for the count with daggers.

All those shots were taken within the Knicks offense and I'd say every J he took he was wide open, once his nerves calmed down it worked.

I'm not going to say Malik never hogs the ball or takes bad shots because he does...but that wasn't what happened tonight...he played team ball and those shots were his to take.

You say Malik isn't a star...I say look at bigmen that the Knicks had available...Mo Taylor...good J but he plays no D and he has already worn out his welcome in NY I get the impression. Jerome Williams...has less range than Nazr..I am not sure about Sweetney but his game looks more like a C and the Spurs took him out of the game anyway...No Kurt Thomas either..

And I'll tell you something else...they could have never pulled that type off offense off tonight with Nazr Mohammed because he does not have that kind of range...he clogs the paint and gets in the way of their guard oriented offense and I think that's why they weren't sorry to see him go.

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Don't anyone tell Brewski that the Knicks top defensive "coincidences" have all come since the trade....

I was talking about the 4th quarter of THIS game. :rolleyes

I'm guessing that sentence comprehension isn't one of your strong points.

wildbill2u
03-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Put Malik's numbers on our team last night: 6 for 18 (30%) with 5 TOs, no assists and only 7 rebounds in 38 minutes and the wolves would be howling. I don't see how he would have reasonably helped the Spurs who shot less than 40% for the night themselves.