PDA

View Full Version : Is this just a bad dream?

IronMexican
04-25-2009, 04:08 PM
I mean seriously? I spent all week defending Al, saying he wouldn't make this pick, and he does? I don't even believe this is happening.

seth210
04-25-2009, 04:11 PM
i was floored by this pick. i guess al davis hates the big 12.

Spursfan092120
04-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Al is senile..period.

florige
04-25-2009, 11:18 PM
ESPN and most other networks are calling that the worst pick of the draft period....:lol It would be funny if DHB turned out to be a star, and Crabtree just amounts to a injury-prone bust. DHB has potential if he could ever learn how to run pass routes.

Horry For 3!
04-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Al Davis is an idiot, you already knew this.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2009, 07:05 AM
Congratulations, Al. You've just drafted Featherstone.

BUMP
04-26-2009, 10:27 AM
lol 4.3

Strike
04-26-2009, 10:36 AM
I mean seriously? I spent all week defending Al, saying he wouldn't make this pick, and he does? I don't even believe this is happening.

I feel your pain, IM. Al Davis needs to die, plain and simple. We can't wish for him to give up control of the team because that will, well, never happen. He needs to go quietly into that good night for the Raiders to ever have a chance to live up to the Commitment To Excellence. As long as that motherfucker is still breathing, they're screwed.

Congratulations, Al. You've just drafted Featherstone.

:lmao +1

JamStone
04-26-2009, 10:48 AM
How about the second selection Mitchell who Kiper said was projected as a 7th round/Free Agent prospect? That's crazy. Seriously.

jack sommerset
04-26-2009, 11:36 AM
LOL at Raiders
LOL at Davis
LOL at trading Moss
LOL at Jamarcus Russell
LOL at firing Kiffin
LOL at hiring and keeping Cable
LOL at Iron Mexican

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Well I wish that DHB could prove me and every Raider fan wrong, and he was the best wr for the raiders. So I wish him the best.

dirk4mvp
04-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Well I wish that DHB could prove me and every Raider fan wrong, and he was the best wr for the raiders. So I wish him the best.

Does Al have you brainwashed?

to21
04-26-2009, 01:54 PM
lol commitment to excellence

stretch
04-26-2009, 01:58 PM
I can deal with the DHB pick. He has arguably the most potential out of any reciever in the draft.

But Mitchell in the second round??? WTF????????????????

They EASILY could have gotten the guy much later. ugh...

monoslyab1k
04-26-2009, 05:00 PM
lol tuck rule
lol heyward bey
lol drafting a kicker in 1st round
lol obese QB
lol al davis
lol raiders

Blake
04-27-2009, 10:31 AM
drafting heyward bey is beyond stupid for the same reason that drafting janikowski was stupid........you could have gotten the guy much later than you did.

Al should have traded that pick instead of blowing the load with it.

BacktoBasics
04-27-2009, 10:36 AM
With as crazy as Raider fan is how in the world has one not gone off the deep end and assassinated Al. If Al dies of natural causes Raider fan loses all cred.

Extra Stout
04-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Al Davis is like the football version of Fidel Castro

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-27-2009, 01:32 PM
The best part was the take from one of the analysts(Lombardi?). Said the Raiders scouts/personnel team had Crabtree and Maclin as the two highest rated WRs. Davis walks into the War Room and completely fucks up their own draft board 6 picks deep. Why even develop a board at all?

And if it makes you feel any better, I thought Denver had the worst draft in the entire league.

Extra Stout
04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Josh McDaniel is not exactly off to an auspicious start there in Denver.

Marcus Bryant
04-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Megalomaniac owners are the best. Especially when they think they know something about football.

IronMexican
04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
The only picks I didn't like were DHB and Louis Murphy. I am loving the Mitchell pick

samikeyp
04-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Megalomaniac owners are the best. Especially when they think they know something about football.

No kidding. Man, as a Cowboys fan, I am sure glad I don't have to worry about that! :downspin:

samikeyp
04-27-2009, 02:24 PM
The only picks I didn't like were DHB and Louis Murphy. I am loving the Mitchell pick

You don't think he was taken too high?

IronMexican
04-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Chicago wanted him at 49, so it was either take him there, or pass on him.

If there is one thing I trust Al with, it's picking a DB.

samikeyp
04-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Chicago wanted him at 49, so it was either take him there, or pass on him.

If there is one thing I trust Al with, it's picking a DB.

Are you saying Mel Kiper is wrong? :wow :wow :wow

:lol

IronMexican
04-27-2009, 02:31 PM
I hardly watched a second of the ESPN NFL Draft coverage. Why would I do that when I had NFL Network? Rich Eisen did put Mayock in his place though, on NFL Network.

IronMexican
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
One of the most memorable moments of the first day of the NFL draft was Mel Kiper Jr. criticizing Oakland's decision to draft Ohio University safety Mike Mitchell in the second round.

Kiper said Mitchell was a free-agent prospect. Backing up Kiper's opinion, two teams that I talked to said they did not have Mitchell on their draft board. Mitchell wasn't invited to the NFL combine.

Still, Kiper's words will be long remembered by Mitchell.

"Yes, I heard them," Mitchell, a well-spoken young man, said Sunday. "That's OK. Mel Kiper has his opinion and I respect it. But what does it mean? My 9-year-old nephew can watch film and make an opinion. ... I think I value the opinion of scouts who actually get paid to make their opinions. All I know is the Oakland Raiders made me their second-round pick and I'm determined to make Mr. [Al] Davis know he made a fine pick."

Mitchell said he'll keep Kiper's comments close to him for the rest of his career. In fact, Mitchell said he is in the process of getting a picture of Kiper. Mitchell plans to decorate his Oakland locker with it.

"It will carry me through my career," Mitchell said. "It will serve as motivation for me."

Mitchell said he awoke Saturday thinking he would be taken within the first four rounds. He started to get excited when his agent received a call from Chicago telling him he may be taken at No. 49. The Raiders took Mitchell at No. 47. The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears were hot on Mitchell.

"I guess Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith were wrong about me, too," Mitchell said.

Mitchell got on the radar of NFL teams after a strong Pro Day workout this spring. Game film showed that the speedy Mitchell is also a ferocious hitter.

"I think I opened some eyes," Mitchell said. "The bottom line is I'm an Oakland Raider and I was taken in the second round. It is now all up to me. Whatever everyone has to say doesn't matter."

:lol

Blake
04-27-2009, 04:57 PM
My 9 year old nephew could draft a better team than Al

to21
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
My 9 year old nephew could draft a better team than AlYeah my six year old son's fantasy football team was the tits last year.

to21
04-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Crissy Carter was laying into these kids also. Tho' it was a bad pick, dude has a job and can point his middle finger to all the experts like Kiper.

Duff McCartney
04-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Mel Kiper gets paid to make his opinion too. Personally, I'd rather listen to Mel Kiper than this dude. Everyone thinks they are a first round pick.

IronMexican
04-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Mel Kiper gets paid to make his opinion too. Personally, I'd rather listen to Mel Kiper than this dude. Everyone thinks they are a first round pick.

He isn't the be all and end all when it comes to scouting. This is what he said about Mike Williams:

"Give the Lions credit for going away from their biggest needs to take WR Mike Williams"
"I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction" (talking about WR Mike Williams)

Here's another great quote from Kiper

"Ryan Leaf's attitude (which had rubbed college teammates and coaches the wrong way) would be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over Peyton Manning"

samikeyp
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
He isn't the be all and end all when it comes to scouting. This is what he said about Mike Williams:

"Give the Lions credit for going away from their biggest needs to take WR Mike Williams"
"I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction" (talking about WR Mike Williams)

"Ryan Leaf's attitude (which had rubbed college teammates and coaches the wrong way) would be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over Peyton Manning"

Exactly. He has been right on picks and wrong on picks, just like everyone else. Hell if ESPN gave me or IMex or Blake or anyone Kiper's budget to work on the draft year round we could do the same thing.

Duff McCartney
04-29-2009, 05:25 PM
I know Kiper is wrong and he's right on certain picks. I'm not arguing that..I'd just be more inclined to listen to Kiper over the guy that got drafted because EVERYONE in the draft thinks they should go in the 1st round.

Blake
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Exactly. He has been right on picks and wrong on picks, just like everyone else. Hell if ESPN gave me or IMex or Blake or anyone Kiper's budget to work on the draft year round we could do the same thing.

I'm not sure I could do the same thing with my hair

dirk4mvp
04-29-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure I could do the same thing with my hair

Cuz your shit's nappy.

IronMexican
04-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Cuz your shit's nappy.

:rollin

Strike
04-30-2009, 02:39 PM

Does that qualify for lifetime epic fail?

stretch
04-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Does that qualify for lifetime epic fail?

it qualifies for death in a mexican gas chamber

Blake
04-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Cuz your shit's nappy.

and it still looks better than yours

dirk4mvp
04-30-2009, 05:46 PM
and it still looks better than yours

:td

Blake
04-30-2009, 06:03 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Dirk.jpg

:td

dirk4mvp
04-30-2009, 06:28 PM
fail. Why didn't you start one of your gay exercise bike blogs about the spurs getting their chodes kicked 4-1?

Blake
04-30-2009, 06:42 PM
fail. Why didn't you start one of your gay exercise bike blogs about the spurs getting their chodes kicked 4-1?

lol, dirk4mvp

lol, turtlehead

lol, cuban

lol, confetti

lol, dirk beating up on exercise bikes

lol, nuggets kicking mavs chodes

dirk4mvp
04-30-2009, 07:00 PM
lol faggy name - blake

lol bonner starting center

lol Mason disappearing

lol manu's injury

lol tim duncan's rotting knees

lol 1-4 with hc

lol spurs

lol fishing trip

lol tekk

lol ole miss > tekk

lol crabtree's nfl career

lol leach's pirate obsession

lol definitive moment of school's football program is a last second catch against texas

lol going back to irrelevancy

lol the transition won't be that hard, they're used to it

lol graham harrell not getting invited to the heisman ceremony

lol his nfl career also

lol at any tekk player's nfl career

dirk4mvp
04-30-2009, 07:01 PM
lol blake

IronMexican
04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
I can't wait to play Madden with DHB. My bomb is gonna be unstoppable.