PDA

View Full Version : Unfuckingbelievable finish: NIT game

exstatic
03-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Vandy against Wichita State. WSU down 3 with 6.4 left. Vandy fouls in the open court, and a freshman steps up and sticks the first FT. He then executes a perfect soft lob off the back of the iron, which they rebound and put back for a tie at 0.7. Vandy then runs a GREAT play. They have the ball under their own basket. The passer is allowed to run the baseline. WSU has two players up defending, so Vandy keeps an extra (and very important) man back with the passer. The passer runs left, and the taller defender runs with him. He goes back right, and the other Vandy player picks the tall guy perfectly, and before the other guy can get to the passer, he throws a full length of the court bullet pass to a man under the basket for a layup just before time expires. Wow.

usckk
03-21-2005, 11:54 PM
nice

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Too bad it was wasted on the NIT.

exstatic
03-22-2005, 02:30 AM
Great basketball is never wasted, only appreciated.

Jimcs50
03-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Too bad it was wasted on the NIT.

Some of the best bball is played in the NIT. Unfortunately, they do not market it, and we do not get to see much, as the NCAA tournament gets the most, and rightly so, publicity.

That being said, there are usually aboput 5-6 teams in the NIT that could easily make it to sweet 16 each year, because they are really good teams.

ShoogarBear
03-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Did Clemson make it to the NIT?

Jimcs50
03-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Did Clemson make it to the NIT?

A&M beat them

ALVAREZ6
03-22-2005, 01:19 PM
That finish was crazy, that touchdown pass was great.

You would think that one of the defenders would have easily picked it off after all that time in the air...

exstatic
03-22-2005, 03:37 PM
You would think that one of the defenders would have easily picked it off after all that time in the air...
But the beautiful thing was that there wasn't a lot of air under it. It really was a bullet pass. I'm sure the defenders, who were all playing at the foul line as instructed, never thought that the passer would be uncovered enough to throw an accurate, laser sharp, full court pass. It was like they didn't even have time to react.

jalbre6
03-22-2005, 05:17 PM
That being said, there are usually aboput 5-6 teams in the NIT that could easily make it to sweet 16 each year, because they are really good teams.

5-6 NIT'ers easily making the Sweet 16 I seriously doubt. One, maybe two is a little more like it.

ALVAREZ6
03-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Yeah but one defender was right in front of the guy who caught the pass.

After traveling the whole court it would slow down and he should have picked it off.

That's a great ending to the game though.

ShoogarBear
03-22-2005, 11:16 PM
A&M beat them
I know. Just tweaking you.

There's a video of the Vanderbilt/Wichita St. finish on espn.com.

IcemanCometh
03-23-2005, 08:57 AM

let me guess is one of those teams supposed to be aggy? poor aggy they never lose they just run out of bids.