PDA

View Full Version : sure glad we didn't trade Mason for Vince Carter now....

icem
04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
:rolleyes

epic fail... this team sucks

Spurs Brazil
04-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Mason Jr :lol

PATHETIC player afraid of the playoffs

spursfaninla
04-25-2009, 05:57 PM
I don't know that it was us that turned down that offer.

Even if it was, I don't know if Vince was enough without Manu. Plus, we would have had to have VAUGHN playing backup pg...

baseline bum
04-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Epic fail is not playing Hill meaningful minutes until today. He was solid today, and the team really could have used that earlier when this was still a series.

Capt Bringdown
04-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Epic fail is not playing Hill meaningful minutes until today. He was solid today, and the team really could have used that earlier when this was still a series.

Yup. Pop really hurt his team, what other way is there to look at it?

jaffies
04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/hedo_turkoglu-arton21220-240x240.jpg

icem
04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I don't know that it was us that turned down that offer.

Even if it was, I don't know if Vince was enough without Manu. Plus, we would have had to have VAUGHN playing backup pg...

so what ? vince would rape the mavs playing next to TP and timmy. whos gonna guard him, barea ? jason terry ? antoine wright ? LOL

mason SUCKS and isn't ready for the big stage.

VaSpursFan
04-25-2009, 06:04 PM

i knew it was over when pop decided to give hill some run.

td4mvp21
04-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Can you really blame the FO? He teased us big time during the regular season. Now we know he's just another Hedo.

spursfaninla
04-25-2009, 06:05 PM
The deal was not for Vince and Mason straight up. Even with hill, I agree from a TODAY perspective this deal is good. But Vince is pretty old, so he is a patch for 1-2 years, he destroys any chance to get a younger post player, he making re-signing Manu a problem, and his D is certainly questionable.

Vince was alluring, but not the answer.

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Mason laid an egg. He pissed me off more than anyone else.

Muser
04-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Fuck all of you, at the time of the "trade" you where all riding masons dick saying not to trade him.

Sure you can say that now with hindsight.

sonic21
04-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Mason Jr :lol

PATHETIC player afraid of the playoffs

spursfan1000
04-25-2009, 06:14 PM
I wouldent want to lose Hill who could be a future point guard for us.

spurtech09
04-25-2009, 06:41 PM
roger is a good player....just not at pg......

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2009, 07:31 PM
The Spurs would had to have traded half of the team to land Carter.

Death In June
04-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Carter is not worth the 20 million he is being paid, and like someone already mentioned, the Nets were the ones who declined the offer that included Mason and Hill. For that 20 million, you can get two equally valuable FA this summer.

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah we wouldnt want to miss out on all that production we got from them.

How many positions can he play at the same time?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-25-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm not gonna give up on Mason just yet. Something isn't right with him but i don't think it's because he's a playoff wimp. This isn't Hedo-esque because, the whole team is playing like HEDO....

He should have been out on the floor jacking up shots, down by 5 points. Not Finley or Bonner.

mingus
04-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Mason is underperforming for sure , but he's been too hyped up by the media ( after hitting clutch shots on national tv . )

and the Spurs want him to average 13/14+ per ( mostly because they have no choice w/ Manu out ) when he's just a spark plug off the bench that can get you some threes and ignite the crowd .

like i said though , he is underperforming . the player that he should be ( an Eddie House-type player ) , he isn't even playing up to .

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Roger Lameson JR!!!!! Lmao passing on a trade for Carter, hoping that Lameson JR has a breakthrough season. Yeah he hit a couple fluke shots in the regular season, but all of that doesn't matter in the playoffs.

easy7
04-25-2009, 07:49 PM
If they traded half of the team to get Carter, it wouldn't have matter, seems like only Tim and Tony were playing tonight.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Vince is my favorite non-Spur player in the NBA, I've met him many times, and I was one of the main supporters of the trade when the rumors surfaced(despite all the criticism from so many here).

The Spurs front office rejected the deal, NOT the Nets front office IIRC. The Spurs didn't want to include both Hill and Mason in the deal, and a lot of people here shared the same sentiments.

I said I'd accept the rejection, but only if Pop played Hill in the playoffs, and used Mason correctly. Obviously Hill didn't play enough, and Mason at the PG killed his game for the most part.

Vince WOULD have easily helped us, not just this season, but for the next 2-3 as well. He's probably the most unfairly judged player in the NBA, mostly be people that don't actually watch him play. He's a better shooter than both Mason and Finley, he would be the 2nd best slasher on the team next to Parker, he's a better defender than Mason and Finley, he would be the best passer of the guards along with Tony. He's pretty easily a better player than Manu at this point, and much more durable.

This team has no future, so the front office needs to go all-out to help Duncan in his last years. This trade might be re-visited in the off-season, so we'll see what happens. Vince certainly has a bad contract, but that shouldn't matter for this team.

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Carter is nothing more than a panacea. He'd give up as many points as he'd score and yes, a 6 for 1 trade (which would have been required given his obscene contract) would have left other holes that opponents would have exploited.

HarlemHeat37
04-25-2009, 08:13 PM
We wouldn't have had to give up anything significant for Carter..it was just Hill and Mason..Bowen would have returned..Oberto is useless, and I believe Horry was the other guy..

again..Vince is a better defensive player than both Mason and Finley..go watch some games..

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2009, 08:16 PM
We wouldn't have had to give up anything significant for Carter..it was just Hill and Mason..Bowen would have returned..Oberto is useless, and I believe Horry was the other guy..

again..Vince is a better defensive player than both Mason and Finley..go watch some games..

You believe? Carter's salary was $15 mil. Hill+Mason = $4 mil.

MaNu4Tres
04-25-2009, 08:21 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dl7grn

And that was the real proposal but the Spurs turned it down.

MaNu4Tres
04-25-2009, 08:22 PM
And Bowen would have been bought out and been brought back in 30 days.

MaNu4Tres
04-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Just another bone head move to add to R.C's resume.

spurspokesman
04-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah we wouldnt want to miss out on all that production we got from them.
Lol