PDA

View Full Version : Finley michael

romain.star
04-25-2009, 05:55 PM
From me (and tony): fuck you and good night....

Flux451
04-25-2009, 05:56 PM

From an avid finely fan. Fuck you and good night. There is a lot more to blame then fin.

SpursFan0728
04-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Fuck he is too spoil with his 22million from Cuban that he doesn't give a shit about anything.

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Finley wasn't our problem tonight.

He at least took shots when he was open. That's more than what Udoka and Bonner were doing. Hell, Mason didn't even want to shoot the ball.

spursfan1000
04-25-2009, 06:00 PM
He isnt no Michael Jordan, remember that.

SpursFan0728
04-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Finley wasn't our problem tonight.

He at least took shots when he was open. That's more than what Udoka and Bonner were doing. Hell, Mason didn't even want to shoot the ball.

You can't be serious? He is our starting shooting guard and he ain't doing SHIT and you say Finley wasn't our problem. He played most minutes beside Parker and Duncan. His Defense sucks and his offense sucks.

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I didn't say Finley was a big help but let's not pin this all on him. He took what 6 shots and how many of those were prayers down the stretch?

Bonner and Udoka were passing up open shots to show off their super pump fakes just to drive into traffic or take a contested shot. Mason was too scared to shoot and was rewarded with a glued butt to the bench.

Finley's damned if he does or if he doesn't.

SpursFan0728
04-25-2009, 06:06 PM
I didn't say Finley was a big help but let's not pin this all on him. He took what 6 shots and how many of those were prayers down the stretch?

Bonner and Udoka were passing up open shots to show off their super pump fakes just to drive into traffic or take a contested shot. Mason was too scared to shoot and was rewarded with a glued butt to the bench.

Finley's damned if he does or if he doesn't.

I ain't pinning it all to him but the fact that he is our starting guy and he ain't doing shit (as well as Bonner) is unacceptable. I blame Mason less because he isn't playing the role he is suppose to be in. But come on, Finley is a piece of shit and he doesn't worth our fucking money.

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Finley might have started at sg but he was playing pf down the stretch. I don't think that's his role either. It's just as bad as playing Mason at backup point.

Mason laid the biggest egg on the whole team. We don't have time for someone to play scared. Hill looked more like a veteran than Mason.

romain.star
04-25-2009, 06:10 PM
You can't be serious? He is our starting shooting guard and he ain't doing SHIT and you say Finley wasn't our problem. He played most minutes beside Parker and Duncan. His Defense sucks and his offense sucks.

That's what i'm saying... you expect a bit more from your starting SG/SF. His defense is pathetic, he doesn't create anything on offense and can't even knock a wide open shot down.
So yeah, fuck him

SpursFan0728
04-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Finley might have started at sg but he was playing pf down the stretch. I don't think that's his role either. It's just as bad as playing Mason at backup point.

Mason laid the biggest egg on the whole team. We don't have time for someone to play scared. Hill looked more like a veteran than Mason.

At lease Mason win us some games down the stretch during regular season. What the fuck did Finley do for us except eating our 3.4mil?

timvp
04-25-2009, 06:14 PM
I pray to the basketball gods that Finley retires after the season.

G

T

F

O

SpursFan0728
04-25-2009, 06:16 PM

G

T

F

O

Fuck he should GTFO last season. A cheaper Barry > Finley.
Anyone remember how Barry carry us with some offense last year during playoff. If Findog gives us half of what Barry did last playoff, we'll win tonight vs. Dallas.

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 06:17 PM
At lease Mason win us some games down the stretch during regular season. What the fuck did Finley do for us except eating our 3.4mil?

Yeah, Finley hasn't hit any game winners for us. I forgot.

It's ok if Mason plays bad defense, scared to shoot the ball, dribble the shot clock down, so long as he us game winners in the regular season. That's when it counts not the playoffs.

romain.star
04-25-2009, 06:18 PM

G

T

F

O

+10000000000000000000000

Finley retiring will not solve all the spurs problems but damn, that would not hurt

baseline bum
04-25-2009, 06:18 PM

G

T

F

O

Finley being given a two-year contract last summer is a strong indicator there is no basketball god, or if there is, he is an evil basketball god.

timvp
04-25-2009, 06:19 PM
It's not all Finley's fault. He shouldn't be played 36 minutes in a playoff game. Especially when Josh Howard is repeatedly destroying his azz every time he touches the ball in a one-on-one situation.

Pop can't coach Finley. This is exactly why I said that the signing of Finley will go down as one of the worst in team history. He's choker who can't defend anyone or anything.

Please, please retire.

baseline bum
04-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Fin could be a decent player in a limited role on another team, but Pop can't be trusted around him. :pctoss

MaNu4Tres
04-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Pop can't coach Finley. This is exactly why I said that the signing of Finley will go down as one of the worst in team history. He's choker who can't defend anyone or anything.

Please, please retire.

Same goes for Mason

Chomag
04-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Finely wouldn't be that bad to have on the team if Pop would stop playing him like he is an NBA All-star starter in his prime.

SpursFan0728
04-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah, Finley hasn't hit any game winners for us. I forgot.

It's ok if Mason plays bad defense, scared to shoot the ball, dribble the shot clock down, so long as he us game winners in the regular season. That's when it counts not the playoffs.

So you are saying Finley play better ball than Mason this season? LOL. You are shitting me now. Yes Mason has a bad game but come out Finley played 50+ more bad games than he did.

And again, Pop is making Mason play a role that he isn't comfortable with. If you want to blame, blame it on Finley. He continue to let opposing team's scorer rape him. Durant, Granger, Howard you name it. Sit him on the bench already.

Mugen
04-25-2009, 06:25 PM
It's not all Finley's fault. He shouldn't be played 36 minutes in a playoff game. Especially when Josh Howard is repeatedly destroying his azz every time he touches the ball in a one-on-one situation.

Please, please retire.

Once a mav, always a mav.

you're welcome for your ring Fin, now please retire.

Bruno
04-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Finley surely plays too much minutes but it's not like Spurs have tons of other options. Udoka and Mason have been quite bad in theses playoffs.

Aside of the doghousing of Hill, I don't blame Pop for the rest. This team simply doesn't have it.

queeniesuck
04-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Why blame Finley? Spurs just don't have a chance to beat the Mavs!

sabar
04-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Finley surely plays too much minutes but it's not like Spurs have tons of other options. Udoka and Mason have been quite bad in theses playoffs.

Aside of the doghousing of Hill, I don't blame Pop for the rest. This team simply doesn't have it.

This is what im wondering. What exactly are our other options now?

SpursFan0728
04-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Why blame Finley? Spurs just don't have a chance to beat the Mavs!

Why can't we blame him? He justified that point for us.

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 06:33 PM

Exaclty. It's not like Udoka and Mason are playing better defense than Finley and Pop continues to stick with Finley. And they're not even providing better offense than Finley either.

timvp
04-25-2009, 06:33 PM
This is what im wondering. What exactly are our other options now?
Finley's excess minutes would be better used by Bowen, Hill or Mason. Yes, Mason was horrible tonight too but he's a better defender against small forward, better ballhandler, better passer and we at least know there is some unknown with Mason. With Finley, we know he's going to suck on defense, not be able to dribble or pass and most likely have a cold shooting game. Trying to wait out a hot shooting night from Finley isn't worth the crap in between.

The only player I'd rather see Finley on the court over is Udoka. But that's a whole 'nother thread :lol

timvp
04-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Exaclty. It's not like Udoka and Mason are playing better defense than Finley and Pop continues to stick with Finley. And they're not even providing better offense than Finley either.Finley isn't even playing defense. He's either 15 feet in front of Howard or getting blown by. There's no defense being played.

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 06:35 PM
So you are saying Finley play better ball than Mason this season? LOL. You are shitting me now. Yes Mason has a bad game but come out Finley played 50+ more bad games than he did.

And again, Pop is making Mason play a role that he isn't comfortable with. If you want to blame, blame it on Finley. He continue to let opposing team's scorer rape him. Durant, Granger, Howard you name it. Sit him on the bench already.

I'm not saying Finley gets a pass. He's put into a difficult role too. He's given too many minutes and was called on to guard Lebron, Granger, Durant, and so on when we all know he can't.

I don't care what Mason did all season long. That reputation doesn't win you anything in the playoffs. He's playing scared and that's worse than anything Finley has done on the court. Or hasn't done.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Finley accentuates the basketball adage "live by the three, die by the three."

All he is good for is jumpshots. If he can't hit him he's taking away minutes from our more productive players. I don't understand why Pop was so in love with Finley giving him priority over developing other guys like Hill and Mason.

It probably has to do with Pop knowing we aren't the best offensively minded team, so Pop can say "well finley = instant OFFENSEE YEAHHHH" to make his coaching job.

SpursFan0728
04-25-2009, 06:41 PM
I'He's given too many minutes and was called on to guard Lebron, Granger, Durant, and so on when we all know he can't.

This is exactly what I am trying to get at. Finley should not be our starting guard. He is at best a 15min role player that only shoots the ball off set plays. Why is he playing 30+min each and every night is beyond me and Einstein 's special theory of relativity.

VaSpursFan
04-25-2009, 06:43 PM

G

T

F

O

+1...pop's man crush on his is ridiculous. fin and bonner must go...period

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 06:49 PM
This is exactly what I am trying to get at. Finley should not be our starting guard. He is at best a 15min role player that only shoots the ball off set plays. Why is he playing 30+min each and every night is beyond me and Einstein 's special theory of relativity.

I agree with you. Finley would be perfect off the bench for 10-15 minutes. If he uses his player option it's my hope that will be his role. I assume he'd take Udoka's role in fact.

I just don't agree that you give Mason a pass even though Pop puts him in the bad position of backup pg while flaming Finley for Pop having him guard the other teams best player. They're both put in positions where they're not going to succeed.

They both play bad defense and if they're not hitting shots then they're not helping in other areas of the game.

SpursFan0728
04-25-2009, 06:54 PM
I just don't agree that you give Mason a pass even though Pop puts him in the bad position of backup pg while flaming Finley for Pop having him guard the other teams best player. They're both put in positions where they're not going to succeed.

I am just pissed because Pop continued to play Finley EVEN when he suckz0r to the maxz0r. Like tonight, when Mason sucked, Pop turned to Hill. When Finley sucks, he still chooses him over Bowen. Fuck, give Marcus Williams a shot over him man and he could probably produce more.

Chomag
04-25-2009, 06:59 PM
I agree with you. Finley would be perfect off the bench for 10-15 minutes. If he uses his player option it's my hope that will be his role. I assume he'd take Udoka's role in fact.

They both play bad defense and if they're not hitting shots then they're not helping in other areas of the game.

I wouldn't mind this as well. Finely can give production this way. However I can not trust Pop enough to do this when he has Finely on this team. We need get a restraining order on those two! :lol

timvp
04-25-2009, 06:59 PM
I just don't agree that you give Mason a pass even though Pop puts him in the bad position of backup pg while flaming Finley for Pop having him guard the other teams best player. Josh Howard is not the Mavs best player :rolleyes

The Spurs came into the series showing Howard no respect. Now, because Finley can't stay within three yards of his own shadow, the Spurs suddenly have to throw doubles at him.

Mason's difficult situation was because he's playing out of position and in a different role coming off the bench. Finley's only difficulty is Pop gives him too much of a chance. Since when is being given too much of an opportunity something to complain about?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-25-2009, 07:06 PM

I don't think Finley would work off the bench. Didn't Pop start finley and use the Manu bench excuse (not enough ball to go around) to coddle Finley because Finley couldn't work off the bench or wasn't comfortable?
Because he's old and needs to get warmed up or something....
or some sort of mental thing with him where he can't adjust??

I think Finley would be the same off the bench. 0-4 games, while giving up points on D... or worse...in fact because he'd not be around Timmy Tony or Manu he would be even more ineffective.
He just needs to not be a high priority in saving next year because he is old and we need better athletic to defensive 2's/3's to get minutes, not stand pat with Finley being on our bench.

Finley is a security blanket for Pop. I think we would have had Malik Hairston on our roster for instance..

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Finley is like a parasite or "tumor" if you will...he inhibits growth of potential emerging roleplayer 2's/3's on this team because they know they aren't going to get minutes with Finley healthy....his presence essentially sucks the life force out of their health and incentive to prove themselves...

peskypesky
04-25-2009, 07:11 PM

fuck you. it's not Finley's fault that he's aged. it happens to everyone. the problem is a coach who refuses to acknowledge the truth.

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm not saying Finley should be back but with his player option I'd be surprised if he doesn't use it. I just happen to think he takes over Udoka's role. Might get some DNP's, might provide a spark, kill some time for whoever starts.

I happen to think he could work off the bench with the right players. A combination of Oberto, Thomas, Udoka, Mason, Vaughn will not work. He definitely needs someone who can penetrate/dish out. Someone like Ginobli or Hill. Or possibly someone they bring in over the summer.

I assume defense wouldn't be as big a problem because he should be fresh with limited minutes and not be expected to guard the best player.

timvp
04-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Finley has been horrible off the bench during his Spurs career. That's part of the reason why Mason had to go to the bench because if you put Finley on the bench, there's no chance he'd have a good game.

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 07:21 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree. I think he can do so in limited minutes and the right players around him.

Mason sucks off the bench too so what do you do?

MaNu4Tres
04-25-2009, 07:25 PM
I think what all is being said in this thread is irrelevant. Fact is our FO has added and stockpiled in unathletic one dimensional spot up shooters. And when one the 3 players you have that can create their own shot is out, and another one is limited this is what happens. Our talent has been exposed and it's not the players fault, it's the FO's fault. They had so many opportunities to improve the overall talent around our big three and have failed to do so.

Spurs Brazil
04-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Finley is a great guy. I'm very happy he won his ring. He was a great player.
But the run is over. It was already over last year but he still got a 2 year deal with a player option.
His defense on Howard is pathetic and his bad shots kill the offensive. Please Finley decline the option and retire