PDA

View Full Version : I really do not understand some people here...

Gutter92
04-25-2009, 06:00 PM
They cry and cry that the season is over. The thing is, it's the same people that said we're done when we were down 0-2 last season. Some are wishing that a player kills himself, which is just unacceptable. Seriously guys, there's still a chance, and be honest, did you expect us to win the championship w/o Manu?

I still believe we can win. I really don't understand some of you people that lose faith after 2 games.

itzsoweezee
04-25-2009, 06:01 PM
^^^^^^ Boner's #1 fan

spursfan1000
04-25-2009, 06:01 PM
I was just thinking the same thing, I was dissapointed after tonights game but then I realised that I really didnt expect them to win championship.

BUMP
04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
the problem is that you guys are looking for a scapegoat when in reality you're just not that good without Manu and an aging Duncan.

blame the FO i guess. u guys blame Pop but it doesnt matter what role player he puts in, they suck anyway.

timtonymanu
i didnt think we would win a title. I just dont want the Spurs to be out of the first round against the Mavs without giving up a fight.

Muser
I agree with some parts, but last year we had Manu, and role players who stepped up, and a healthy Duncan.

DubMcDub
04-25-2009, 06:04 PM
I still believe we can win. I really don't understand some of you people that lose faith after 2 games.

That's because nobody's losing faith after 2 games. If any Spurs fan is losing faith, it's after 4 games. 3-1 is a lot different than 2-0.

completely deck
04-25-2009, 06:04 PM
ok but we're not down 0-2, we're down 1-3. Big difference.

ulosturedge
04-25-2009, 06:05 PM
What I don't understand is that most of us knew this team wouldn't get anywhere in the Playoffs yet they are still bitching about the outcome lol. We weren't going to the finals before this series started and we still won't be going to the finals even if by some miracle we got out of the first round. Get over it I say again.

Gutter92
04-25-2009, 06:06 PM
That's because nobody's losing faith after 2 games. If any Spurs fan is losing faith, it's after 4 games. 3-1 is a lot different than 2-0.

I mean game 3/4, where they started the insanity.

spursfan1000
04-25-2009, 06:07 PM
i didnt think we would win a title. I just dont want the Spurs to be out of the first round against the Mavs without giving up a fight.

Without a fight? Spurs have done all they can, we can barely beat Mavs with Manu and imagine without him.

Silverheart80
Series isn't over. The elimination game is always the toughest and Mavs have a history of choking, so no time for panic.

Finley has to hit shots though. So does Gooden. So does Mason. It can't be all Tim and TP. On to Game 5....

Spursmania
We're down and out probably 4-2. But face it our role players suck. Even our 2 starters suck-Bonner and Mason. Thus, most of our bench sucks and 2 of our starters suck. Yes, I know Bowen started tonight. But that isn't the norm.

Mal
They cry and cry that the season is over. The thing is, it's the same people that said we're done when we were down 0-2 last season. Some are wishing that a player kills himself, which is just unacceptable. Seriously guys, there's still a chance, and be honest, did you expect us to win the championship w/o Manu?

This game was pathetic. Dallas is such shit team. We played with 2 guys. No support from else. I`m so mad.

Do you really think that Finley , Mason or Bonner :bang can do something to win next 3 games ? I don`t....

Dingle Barry
What I don't understand is that most of us knew this team wouldn't get anywhere in the Playoffs yet they are still bitching about the outcome lol. We weren't going to the finals before this series started and we still won't be going to the finals even if by some miracle we got out of the first round. Get over it I say again.
You probably don't understand a lot. It is possible to lose honorably, to play your best. This team looked like a monkey fucking a football outside of a 2 players.

Borosai
I don't believe this team has what it takes to compete right now. They just don't have it. But hey, if the 2006 Miami Heat can be given rings for a championship they did not win, why not the Spurs?

DubMcDub
I mean game 3/4, where they started the insanity.

Well I dunno what Spurs fan was giving up after Game 2 or after Game 3, but they were obviously crazy. Giving up down 3-1 is completely different.

stéphane
04-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Delusional forum

sabar
the problem is that you guys are looking for a scapegoat when in reality you're just not that good without Manu and an aging Duncan.

blame the FO i guess. u guys blame Pop but it doesnt matter what role player he puts in, they suck anyway.

Honestly, mavfan brings the best take in all these retarded threads.

Our team isn't that talented and the people that try to pin it all on finely etc are just dumb.

itzsoweezee
this roster is good enough to beat the fucking scrub mavericks. unfortunately, absolutely horrible coaching lost the fucking series. if that doesn't make you mad, then you obviously aren't a fan.

completely deck
04-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Series isn't over. The elimination game is always the toughest and Mavs have a history of choking, so no time for panic.

Finley has to hit shots though. So does Gooden. So does Mason. It can't be all Tim and TP. On to Game 5....

The series isn't over yet, you're right. We'll probably get game 5 at home. But that doesn't mean we can go 3 in a row. Do you honestly see that happening? Stranger things have happened but.. come on.

magui86770
04-25-2009, 06:11 PM
has this team even won 3 in a row in the regular season? Anybody knows?

Capt Bringdown
04-25-2009, 06:23 PM
this roster is good enough to beat the fucking scrub mavericks. unfortunately, absolutely horrible coaching lost the fucking series. if that doesn't make you mad, then you obviously aren't a fan.

Agreed. I think a lot of people could see this coming the last 2 months of the season.

There's been ample evidence that benching Hill and installing Mason as backup PG wasn't working out for quite some time now.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-25-2009, 06:47 PM
It doesn't matter what we know of the odds in the long run.
Fans don't like seeing our boys in black lose, even if it's just one game in a series. They want a respectable elimination, and sure as hell aren't going to be satisfied with a potential 1st round elimination.

I think it's actually encouraging that people are mad during playoff games, even with all the crappy things that happened in 2009.
How fucked up would it be if Spurstalk was just like "whatever, we weren't going to win anyways, so there's no point in being mad - Manu's gone, Tim's injured" in every thread???

I'm glad fans are still eviscerating the players who do bad, verbally, while cheering on the ones who are doing good, or CAN be doing good. No fairweather fan, bandwagon shit.
I don't think anyone right now thinks it's over. They're just venting.

Warlord23
04-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Are you kidding. You had Tony playing like a combination of Kevin Johnson and Michael Jordan, going fucking 18-of-29 from the field. You had Tim doing a decent job of supporting him in the scoring department. They combined for almost 70. And we still lost.

Do you not see the steaming pile of dog shit that passes for role players that are surrounding TP and TD? Next game, if TP and TD hit a combined 50 (which btw is excellent production) we will probably lose by double digits.

lebomb
04-25-2009, 07:13 PM

DUDE STFU..........It aint happnin. Damn!!

timvp
04-25-2009, 07:17 PM
The series isn't over yet, you're right. We'll probably get game 5 at home. But that doesn't mean we can go 3 in a row. Do you honestly see that happening? Stranger things have happened but.. come on.

:lol:lol:lol

Now you give up? Way to stick with your team.

The Spurs obviously are in a hole but this could change quickly. If the Spurs can win Game 5 and then force a Game 6 .... you gotta think at least one (1) offensive role player will step up. The Spurs just needed a tiny bit more to get the win tonight.

If Pop will play Hill, he could change the whole outlook of the series.

Don't wave the white flag yet.

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2009, 07:19 PM
And then there are some fans --like u--who are shoulders deep in a pile of shit and say its not that bad! This team is cooked and Pops has done a sorry job....which includes giving up 2 first round picks for KT........think we could have used 2 young bodies about now????

The Spurs didn't give up two 1st rounders for Thomas.

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Yes 2 years ago and this years. 07, 09 drafts.....Even giving up 1 was bad.

They used the '07 pick on Splitter.

FYI:

The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have obtained Kurt Thomas from the Seattle SuperSonics in exchange for Francisco Elson, Brent Barry and the team’s 2009 first round draft pick.

source (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/spurs_obtain_kurt_thomas_080220.html)

allnines
04-25-2009, 07:30 PM
The things I'll miss the most about the 2009 season after the Spurs are eliminated:

1. Timmy's incredulous, disbelieving, astounded expressions when the officials have the audacity to call a foul on him.

2. Cut-away shots of poor Manu on the bench.

3. Watching Finley not play defense.

4. Bonner's bricks.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2009, 06:51 AM

Timmy had the flu last year. The only reason anyone thought the Spurs were doomed after going down 0-2 is because they didn't think Pop would smarten up and put Bowen on Peja in time once Duncan got healthy.