PDA

View Full Version : Lineup change for Game 5

bless1187
04-25-2009, 06:08 PM
well, our back are against the wall, and its desperation time. i knew alot of the fans here called for the insertion of bowen into the lineup, but i could see pop's decision in not starting him, its true he has lost quite a bit on defense, so with him no longer that AMAZING on defense, it's a bit of a liability to have him on the court. Even though we were up going into the half, i had a feeling that this game would get blown open anytime, since the 1st half, the ball was in the hand of Tony and Tim 90% of the time, and it just completely frozen out the role player, and once they have trouble scoring, Dallas are just going to blow the lead open. We still have a chance, team has came back from 3-1 before, we definitely need to do something about the lineup.

TP

RM or GH (today's game have proven that Bowen is no longer the defender that he once was, though still a decent defender, he just is a big liability on offense. Roger Mason obviously provides us with the offense we are lacking, and he just completely blows when he comes off the bench; or the bold move would be George Hill, he provides us with Defense, while not being a huge offensive liability.)

MF (he always gets bitched out by the poster here, but Finley has proven time and time again, as a decent contributor for the Spurs in the playoff. He's made plenty of big shot, and in some stretches without Ginobili, he seems to be our third best offensive player. Yes, he'll have a hard time guarding Howard, but with Bowen, we may be able to contain Howard a bit better, but we just be losing way too much on Offense)

TD

DG (I really believe that its desperation time, and we really need to insert Gooden into the starting lineup. The problem with Bonner is that Dallas is closing out on all the shooter very quickly, and with that HORRIBLE form of his, it is becoming increasingly difficult for him to get his shot off. While some may argue that both Bonner and Finley or Mason had bad games, but Finley has actually a history of performing in the playoff, while Bonner had just sucked. Game 1: 0 pts, Game 3: 2 pts, Game 4: 0 pts. This is just unacceptable, yes he plays hard on defense, but the key word is playing HARD, it doesn't matter how hard you play, you still have to get stops in the end and get rebound. Though Gooden had a terrible game 3 & game 4, but its harder for him to get into rhythm when he comes in for like 10 mpg. With Gooden in the starting lineup, we will get OFFENSIVE & REBOUNDING contribution, since the only thing going for Bonner is that he HUSTLES.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Bowen was 1000 x better then Mason today, both offensive and defensive. RM has no business in the starting lineup.

DAF86
04-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Tony, Mason or Hill, Bowen, Duncan and Gooden

bless1187
04-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Bowen was 1000 x better then Mason today, both offensive and defensive. RM has no business in the starting lineup.

yes, Bowen was better, but i think it makes a huge difference to be starting or coming off the bench, if mason had been starting, i really thought he made a bigger contribution than bowen did. and i don't know why, but especially for mason, he just really struggles when he comes off the bench. i would say the bowen lineup adjustment is a failed adjustment by pop.

from what i observed is that we need player on the court more who would be a constant presence, we now just have too many spot up shooters on the court. the biggest criminal of the "LACK OF PRESENCE" in this series may actually be Matt Bonner.

Flux451
04-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Tony Fin Bowen Duncan Gooden

subs

Hill Mason Williams Fabs Thomas

why not?

of course expect Tony to play 40 minutes at least.

Mugen
04-25-2009, 06:15 PM
mason is absolute garbage when he comes off the bench.

finley is garbage either way, so why not start georgie and bruce?

pop wont do it but who cares

xtremesteven33
04-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Parker/Hill
Finley/Mason
Bowen/Udoka
Duncan/Gooden
Thomas/Bonner

Peace yall...

Kori Ellis
04-25-2009, 06:16 PM
The Bowen to the starting lineup adjustment was a big positive. Bowen had the second best plus minus on the Spurs today, played good D and played fine offensively.

Mason has been horriible lately, starting/bench/whatever. He gets destroyed on D. He'd have to average like 25 ppg for as bad as he is defensively.

bless1187
04-25-2009, 06:17 PM
in fact, i believe POP has to take alot of responsibility for some of our struggles this series... especially this game, you have to play players MINUTES and give em SHOTS for them to be performing... that's why i may seem to be very dissapointed with Bonner, its because he gets all the oppurtunity to make a difference, with the minutes that he gets compared to both Gooden and Thomas, but he been absolutely invisible even with all the playing time. I could GURANTEE you if GOODEN or THOMAS had been playing Matt Bonner minutes, they be making a hell of better contribution than bonner.

itzsoweezee
04-25-2009, 06:19 PM
play hill, play udoka, bench mason and bonner. bonner should not see the court the remainder of the series. i pray to god game 4 was the last time we will ever see him on the court in a spurs uniform.

loveforthegame
04-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Mason has been horriible lately, starting/bench/whatever. He gets destroyed on D. He'd have to average like 25 ppg for as bad as he is defensively.

I learned today that he gets a pass because of all the game winners he had in the regular season. Apparently that's what counts.

I can't believe how scared he's playing but again he gets a pass.

NRHector
04-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Bowen was 1000 x better then Mason today, both offensive and defensive. RM has no business in the starting lineup.:tu

celldweller
04-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Wish full thinking you all. You know that Stubborn old fart of a coach is going start his main squeeze Matt "The Truth" Bonner. Pop loves playing 4 on 5. He loves how Bonner runs up the floor like a clumsy dinosaur. How Bonner spaces the floor with his 3's which he is now avoiding at all costs, for his amazing patent dribble penetration. And don't forget about his awesome defense. Wow. If it was up to Pop he would have 5 starting Bonners on the floor. F@#K you Pop!

myconsumerclub
04-25-2009, 06:22 PM
More women in the lineup please

Spursmania
04-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Tony, Mason or Hill, Bowen, Duncan and Gooden

Tony, Hill, Duncan, Bowen and Gooden. Fixed.

SA210
04-25-2009, 06:24 PM

spurtech09
04-25-2009, 06:33 PM
mmmm i think gooden's back is hurting thats why hes not been that affective in the line up....i know he hasn't been playing much but ever since he fell on his back he hasn't been the same......pop needs to do something different

Russ
04-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Bonner needs to be saved for the next series (or at least that's what they should tell him).

The Spurs need to turn the screws on D with Bowen and Hill.