PDA

View Full Version : Pops Mensa Bonsu

davi78239
04-25-2009, 06:20 PM
I know, you guys are like........not this again. He too would of been a spark player off the bench like that dude from Dallas was today. (the one that came in for Dampier) But oh no, we gotta get rid of players like that and then watch them prosper on other teams:depressed

magui86770
04-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Read my mind...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124192

Flux451
04-25-2009, 06:22 PM
I had gotten over Pops especially with majority salivating over him even months after gone. but i have to admit that he would have been nice. At this point would have been better to have him then Gooden.

Capt Bringdown
04-25-2009, 06:31 PM
If somebody like Hollins can make a difference in a playoff game, it's not so far-fetched that Bonsu or Hairston could have made a contribution as well.

SenorSpur
04-25-2009, 06:31 PM
I agree. This team is lifeless and Pops is a raw, energizer bunny. I loved his enthusiasm, hustle and energy.

What did Ryan Hollins give the Mavs on this day? Energy, hustle, defense and a heckuva "putback" slam. It literally energized the Mavs.

I know Pops is an end-of-bench player at this point, but I would rather have a guy like that, whose "arrow" is pointing up, than a lifeless, washed-up, player, whose arrow is pointing downward.

Muser
04-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I'd take him over Bonner.

I'd take Kwame over Bonner.

Chomag
04-25-2009, 06:41 PM
All along and even now I would have much rather had Malic, Pops on our bench instead of Bonner, and Ime. But this is pretty much moot at this point.

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Hahahahhhhhahahahahahahahahhaaaahahhhahhaha.

objective
04-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Not that there's anything factually incorrect with the assertion that the Spurs could have their own energy player contribute in the playoffs be it Hairston or Pops or whomever . . .

BUT

You guys do realize that Pop would never play those guys right?

It took him 3.75 games to even give George Hill a chance.

That's the way it is.

Look on the brightside.

Next year Bonner, Kurt Thomas, and Michael Finley will all be back to play ahead of any supposed young sparkplug, be it Gist, Hairston, Mahinmi, M.Willimas, or anyone else.

Marcus Bryant
04-25-2009, 06:49 PM
I'd rather they fail now than make it close enough to think that a healthy Manu would make up the difference.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-25-2009, 07:10 PM

:depressed

that's not hyperbole as far as defensive presence goes

Summers
04-25-2009, 08:06 PM
And if a frog had wings...

Danny.Zhu
04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
I'd rather they fail now than make it close enough to think that a healthy Manu would make up the difference.

It make sense.

peskypesky
04-25-2009, 10:11 PM
There is no doubt in my mind we should have kept Pops. But Poopavitch, as another poster stated so well, seems to consider athletic ability to be a character flaw.

himat
04-25-2009, 10:13 PM

Honestly Kwame is not as bad as people say. If he wasn't tied with being the No.1 pick people would see him as a solid big man.

Capt Bringdown
04-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Pop decided the Spurs couldn't risk having a young energy player in our lineup. It turns out we couldn't afford not to.

We've got experience and veteran leadership coming out of our ears...what better time to bring a raw young energy player into the fold?

Capt Bringdown
04-25-2009, 10:36 PM

I'd rather we would have tried more options than be content/complacent with injury excuses.

SouthTexasRancher
04-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I know, you guys are like........not this again. He too would of been a spark player off the bench like that dude from Dallas was today. (the one that came in for Dampier) But oh no, we gotta get rid of players like that and then watch them prosper on other teams:depressed

Pop screwed up big time on Pops. Pops is the kind of player this old folks home team needs. Our team looks like the city morgue. Well not Tony & Tim but the rest of the dead bodies lying around the crime scene. Maybe we should trade Pop for Pops...he,he

spurtech09
04-25-2009, 10:41 PM
he would of helped us out alot...to bad pop doesn't like young players

TheProfessor
04-25-2009, 10:53 PM
I expect the front office will just rationalize it that way regardless.