PDA

View Full Version : We should all chill....

BillMc
04-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Firstly, we should chill because its not over until its over.

Secondly, if we do indeed get eliminated this series (or later in the playoffs), we don't have much room to complain as "long suffering" fans. Here's a list of teams that have won a championship since the Spurs:

The Boston Celtics.

That's it! It hasn't been very long folks. This not a drought, trust me. We'll have longer waits sometime in the future. All this fire Pop, we hate management, cut player x, etc is a bit excessive and I'm as guilty as anyone.

Every team that won a championship this decade has to go through this. The Lakers did in the middle of the decade. So did the Heat. Look at the Pistons now!! The Celtics aren't likely to get another one they're nearly as old as us. It happens. We'll rebuild, hopefully quickly.

And, if this is the end, we should salute some of the guys who might be gone soon like Bowen, Finley, etc that have helped us win championships. We might not see too much more of them.

Go Spurs! Go!

HORNSWOGGLE
04-25-2009, 06:31 PM
:toast

Dingle Barry
I believe in excess.

Aggie Hoopsfan
This is stupid. Duncan's window is closing with each passing moment. Win while you can.

sabar
04-25-2009, 06:33 PM
This is stupid. Duncan's window is closing with each passing moment. Win while you can.

I agree. Let's fire pop, get an interm coach in there and lead us to a 39 win season!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2009, 06:39 PM
I agree. Let's fire pop, get an interm coach in there and lead us to a 39 win season!

Um, anyone on this forum could get the Spurs into the playoffs with Manu, Tim, and Tony.

Excuse me, I guess I need to put my head back in a hole in the ground and go back to praising Pop for his mancrushes on Bonner and Finley and benching Hill.

Carry on...

ulosturedge
04-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Whatever! If pop played Hill at backup PG, Bowen heavy minutes, and had Gooden start instead of Bonner we would be well on our way to a 5th championship. Ask anyone on these forums. Apparently we need to fire Pop cause he can't take this old slow one dimensional injured team to the finals. WTF is wrong with him!

NRHector
04-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Firstly, we should chill because its not over until its over.

Secondly, if we do indeed get eliminated this series (or later in the playoffs), we don't have much room to complain as "long suffering" fans. Here's a list of teams that have won a championship since the Spurs:

The Boston Celtics.

That's it! It hasn't been very long folks. This not a drought, trust me. We'll have longer waits sometime in the future. All this fire Pop, we hate management, cut player x, etc is a bit excessive and I'm as guilty as anyone.

Every team that won a championship this decade has to go through this. The Lakers did in the middle of the decade. So did the Heat. Look at the Pistons now!! The Celtics aren't likely to get another one they're nearly as old as us. It happens. We'll rebuild, hopefully quickly.

And, if this is the end, we should salute some of the guys who might be gone soon like Bowen, Finley, etc that have helped us win championships. We might not see too much more of them.

Go Spurs! Go!I, personally, hate losing to the ponies especially in the playoffs

lefty
04-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Of course we should chill..

Its so fucking hot and humid right now

Duh........