sook
04-25-2009, 06:47 PM
tell us somethiong we didn't know...

La Peace
04-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Okie doke

Banzai
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Tumbleweed.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3660)

mavs>spurs2
I concur

DrHouse
04-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Pound for pound he's the best in the world.

There are no weaknesses in his game. His passing, shooting, defense, rebounding, ball handling, etc. are all top notch.

sook
04-25-2009, 06:51 PM

There are no weaknesses in his game. His passing, shooting, defense, rebounding, ball handling, etc. are all top notch.

this.

lefty
04-25-2009, 06:54 PM

Wade has really improved in this department; his balance and release are better this season

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 06:55 PM
It's true, take a gander at the sig to see why.

lol at this sissy cuckhold

You mad??

redzero
04-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Wade turns the ball over all the time. It looked like he thought Chris Paul was his teammate the last time he played the Hornets.

lefty
04-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Wade turns the ball over all the time. It looked like he thought Chris Paul was his teammate the last time he played the Hornets.

Bringing up 1 bad game; really weak

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2009, 06:57 PM
At the Mavs choking away the 06' ring, na not at all. :lol

But are you mad about today's game though?

redzero
04-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Bringing up 1 bad game; really weak

Ranks #2 in the NBA in Total Turnovers (http://www.spurstalk.com/statistics/player/Turnovers.jsp?league=00&season=22008&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=1)(272.0)

lefty
04-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Total Turnovers (http://www.spurstalk.com/statistics/player/Turnovers.jsp?league=00&season=22008&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=1)(272.0)

Bringing up 82 bad games

Really weak

sook
04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
wow holysjot he has just hit 7 shots in a row :wow

Unholy Turkey
04-25-2009, 07:14 PM
It's gonna be wonderful seeing him go against LeBron in the second round.

sook
04-25-2009, 07:14 PM
what makes you think he will make it there? The hawks have hca

Pelicans78
04-25-2009, 07:17 PM
He has the most overall skills. Lebron's size gives him the advantage. But Wade can do everything. CP3 can do everything great except probably shoot pull-jumpers. He's ok at that.

Unholy Turkey
04-25-2009, 07:19 PM
what makes you think he will make it there? The hawks have hca

I'm confident that they do.

Have you been watching the TNT Halftime shows? Kenny and Charles are rippin the Hawks because of their halfcourt offense.

JamStone
04-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Kobe must have read this thread.

peskypesky
04-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Kobe must have read this thread.

lol

too true. he's playing like MJ right now

sook
04-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Kobe is putting on one of the greatest individual performances i have ever seen.

Its that good.

DAF86
04-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Kobe is putting on one of the greatest individual performances i have ever seen.

Its that good.

He's not playing great defense (he's resting with Brewer), he isn't getting rebounds, he isn't getting assits, hell he isn't even attacking the basket, he's just hitting every single jumper, unbelievable.

sook
04-25-2009, 09:57 PM
He's not playing great defense (he's resting with Brewer), he isn't getting rebounds, he isn't getting assits, hell he isn't even attacking the basket, he's just hitting every single jumper, unbelievable.

Does he really have to play defense on brewer? Brewer is missing all the open shots he could ask for. Kobe is 14-17 from the field and 1-1 from 3. That is the epitome of efficiency.

DAF86
04-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Does he really have to play defense on brewer? Brewer is missing all the open shots he could ask for. Kobe is 14-17 from the field and 1-1 from 3. That is the epitome of efficiency.

No, that's why I said he's resting with Brewer.

poop
04-25-2009, 11:46 PM
wade is damn good, and if he were a few inches taller he might be the best. but right now, Kobe is still the deadliest, most lethal player in the NBA.

Pelicans78
04-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Kobe is the best offensively, at least as a scorer. Bron-Bron and D-Wade seem to do other things better like pass, rebound, etc. Still, Kobe is the best one-on-one scorer.

DrHouse
04-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Kobe = Best offensive player in the league
Lebron = Best defensive player in the league
Wade = Best of both worlds

Jacob1983
04-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Shooting a lot of free throws doesn't make you the best player in the world.

Dr House
04-25-2009, 11:53 PM
There is no doubt in my mind, when the game is on the line, if there was one man in the NBA you turn to when the chips are on the table, its the greatest closer this game has ever seen, the Black Mamba, Kobe "Jellybean" Bryant.

He alone has crushed the dreams and spirits of almost every team out there. You ask any coach or player in the league and they will say the same thing. Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan this league has ever seen and ever will. Wade doesn't even come close.

Pelicans78
04-25-2009, 11:56 PM

Where does that leave Chris Paul? :(

Ghazi
04-25-2009, 11:57 PM

Uhhh.

KidCongo
04-25-2009, 11:58 PM

Not yet, but has the most defensive potential of anyone in the league. He will get a DPOY in the next few years. Probably the year Wade gets MVP.

Lucky LBJ is the youngest of them all.

Killakobe81

Lebron is great th MVP but is NOT the nbest defensive player that is horseshit if it is for spectaculr blocks ...then Wade is more the DPOY or Josh smith ...DPOY my ass ...Brown is hellofa defensive coach and LEbron has IMPROVED on "D" tremenmdously but he is not Battier, Bowen Posey etc on defense ....now those guys are really limited offensively ...so that is their main responsibility ...but they do it better than Lebron. Artest when focused is better as well ...

Pelicans78
There is no doubt in my mind, when the game is on the line, if there was one man in the NBA you turn to when the chips are on the table, its the greatest closer this game has ever seen, the Black Mamba, Kobe "Jellybean" Bryant.

He alone has crushed the dreams and spirits of almost every team out there. You ask any coach or player in the league and they will say the same thing. Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan this league has ever seen and ever will. Wade doesn't even come close.

Wade has won a Finals MVP and he's crushed teams like Detroit, Dallas, and now Atlanta. He is a lethal player and does everything well. Kobe has the height to compare with Jordan, but will he go down having a better career than Wade.

Pelicans78
04-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Lebron is great th MVP but is NOT the nbest defensive player that is horseshit if it is for spectaculr blocks ...then Wade is more the DPOY or Josh smith ...DPOY my ass ...Brown is hellofa defensive coach and LEbron has IMPROVED on "D" tremenmdously but he is not Battier, Bowen Posey etc on defense ....now those guys are really limited offensively ...so that is their main responsibility ...but they do it better than Lebron. Artest when focused is better as well ...

Lebron is very very good defensively this season. I think he can lock down with the best of them if he so chooses. But he has so much responsibility like scoring, passing, etc.

Killakobe81
04-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Lebron is very very good defensively this season. I think he can lock down with the best of them if he so chooses. But he has so much responsibility like scoring, passing, etc.

I agree but DPOY is just hype ...he has gotten tons better but is not DPOY Im not sure howard was either ...but the stats made a strong case

poop
04-26-2009, 12:12 AM
one thing i gotta say, for a 6-4 Guard WADE blocks a shitload of shots, and ive neevr seen anyone like it. that is DAMN impressive. him and lebron i gotta respect cause even though they arent 7-footers, they NEVER give up on defensive plays and they contest and BLOCK shots routinely, that is DAMN RESPECTABLE and alot more admirable as defenders than fuckin Howard.

Amaso
04-26-2009, 01:48 AM

lol

Ghazi
04-26-2009, 01:55 AM
I still take Lebron over D-Whistle

I think I take D-Whistle over Kobe though.

RsxPiimp
04-26-2009, 02:00 AM

drugs

stop taking them

BRHornet45
04-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Shaq won 3 rings and 3 finals MVP's in L.A. ....

Kobe watched.

Kobe's name shouldn't even be in this thread.

Ghazi
04-26-2009, 02:12 AM

Kobe watched.

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:blah:blah you sissy cuck you

fevertrees
04-26-2009, 02:19 AM
Seriously I will say the Mavericks are the 2006 champs before I will say Kobe earned those 3 rings lol

Killakobe81
04-26-2009, 02:23 AM

Kobe watched.

If we are going to be moronic and asinine ...CP3 has been bumped down to 4th best PG in the NBA he should not be in the same thread as DWill TonyP or Billups (who has shitted all over him 2 out of 3 games plus he struggles with Dontay Jones) and Drose had his coming out party and will pass him NEXT year ...

Pargo and West took the spurs to 7 CP3 just flopped ...

See how foolish that is? that is the equivalent of your infantile post ...

BRHornet45
04-26-2009, 02:30 AM
Seriously I will say the Mavericks are the 2006 champs before I will say Kobe earned those 3 rings lol

LOL son CO-SIGNED .... 100% truth there.

BRHornet45
04-26-2009, 02:39 AM
If we are going to be moronic and asinine ...CP3 has been bumped down to 4th best PG in the NBA he should not be in the same thread as DWill TonyP or Billups (who has shitted all over him 2 out of 3 games plus he struggles with Dontay Jones) and Drose had his coming out party and will pass him NEXT year ...

Pargo and West took the spurs to 7 CP3 just flopped ...

See how foolish that is? that is the equivalent of your infantile post ...

son until Kobe wins a ring without Shaq, then you can't say shit. you know the truth ... Kobe is jack shit without Shaq carrying the team. That has been proven. Kobe is just like Pippen was with/without Jordan.

LMAO I just noticed how shitty Kobe's stats are other than his PPG total. Its funny how the media only looks at his PPG total and not his other pathetic numbers. He is a career 45% field goal shooter! LMAO how fucking pathetic is that!? yet people try to put him in the same class as Lebron, Wade, Paul, etc.???? .... its not too hard to average 25 points per game whenever Kobe shoots the ball 20 times every game and plays selfish basketball. Career 45% shooter! and 20 shots per game... LMFAO pathetic .... everyone else in this discussion are WAY ahead of him in that stat.

DrHouse
04-26-2009, 02:41 AM
I wonder what will happen to SpursTalk if Kobe does win a ring this season.

The haters will literally have nothing to say other than the same ol' tired rape smack, which even they are sick of repeating by now.

It will definitely throw the hater nation into chaos when they can't pull the "can't win without Shaq" card anymore.

Ghazi
04-26-2009, 02:45 AM
son until Kobe wins a ring without Shaq, then you can't say shit. you know the truth ... Kobe is jack shit without Shaq carrying the team. That has been proven. Kobe is just like Pippen was with/without Jordan.

LMAO I just noticed how shitty Kobe's stats are other than his PPG total. Its funny how the media only looks at his PPG total and not his other pathetic numbers. He is a career 45% field goal shooter! LMAO how fucking pathetic is that!? yet people try to put him in the same class as Lebron, Wade, Paul, etc.???? .... its not too hard to average 25 points per game whenever Kobe shoots the ball 20 times every game and plays selfish basketball. Career 45% shooter! and 20 shots per game... LMFAO pathetic .... everyone else in this discussion are WAY ahead of him in that stat.

Uhhh, Kobe belongs w/ Wade/Lebron. Paul doesn't.

Paul isn't even a top 5 player in the league.

Let a lone a top 5 PG :bking

BRHornet45
04-26-2009, 02:46 AM
I wonder what will happen to SpursTalk if Kobe does win a ring this season.

The haters will literally have nothing to say other than the same ol' tired rape smack, which even they are sick of repeating by now.

It will definitely throw the hater nation into chaos when they can't pull the "can't win without Shaq" card anymore.

son I will give Kobe props for finally earning a ring if that happens. He has a lot to prove though because it is well known that he simply cannot win the big one without Shaq leading the team. Maybe that will change this year, but I doubt it. Kobe's selfish ball hogging will likely cost the Lakers the big game as usual.

BRHornet45
04-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Uhhh, Kobe belongs w/ Wade/Lebron. Paul doesn't.

Paul isn't even a top 5 player in the league.

Let a lone a top 5 PG :bking

LMAO you sissy cum eating bitch you

Ghazi
04-26-2009, 02:48 AM
Don't mind BR Hornet, he didn't even watch basketball from 2000-2002. All Hornets fans began following the team halfway through last year.

BRHornet45
04-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Don't mind BR Hornet, he didn't even watch basketball from 2000-2002. All Hornets fans began following the team halfway through last year.

LOL son keep up your stupidity you dickless little boy you. This coming from a Mavs "fan" who didn't even know they existed until Mark Cuban came around.

MiamiHeat
04-26-2009, 05:43 AM
Kobe is overrated. Ball hogger, scores big numbers against crappy defensive teams in the regular season.

Kamnik
04-26-2009, 05:56 AM
Wade is the most complete out there without a question. It is close... But Kobe and Lebron are a shade less great.

mavs>spurs2
04-26-2009, 05:59 AM
Kobe is overrated. Ball hogger, scores big numbers against crappy defensive teams in the regular season.

Did you see him tonight? Man was absolutely on fire. When he get' hot like that, no one is even close. But for the majority of the time, I MIGHT take Wade by a hair.

Kamnik
04-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Achivements talk for themselves.

Wade already achieved A LOT this year with a crappy team. He got HCA and might even win the first round series.

Kobe... Anything less than a championship means big failure because he has a bunch of good/great players around him.

Put Gasol and maybe Derek Fisher on to that Miami squad and I call them the favorites to win it all.

Rogue
04-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Kobe was damn hot last night, he made a couple of unbelievable 3 pointers even with defender's palm covering his eyes. But I still like D Wade a little bit more than Kobe personally, precisely it's I hate Wade less. Anyway I have to admit Wade is a great basketball player, his only afflict is just he is manacled by a contract with the Miami Cheat. Fortunately he will get released in one year's time.

The TroutBum
04-26-2009, 08:12 AM
If by "Best" you mean, "Sucks the meanest cock, and swallows like birds of Capistrano", then I totally agree.

I wouldn't shove him up my ass if I had room for a freight train.

TheManFromAcme
04-26-2009, 11:11 AM
son I will give Kobe props for finally earning a ring if that happens. He has a lot to prove though because it is well known that he simply cannot win the big one without Shaq leading the team. Maybe that will change this year, but I doubt it. Kobe's selfish ball hogging will likely cost the Lakers the big game as usual.

Mighty big of you BR. If giving you a pad on the back for recognizing CP's talent is what your looking for, considered it done. Just remember that CP needs to solidify himself more in "big games" meaning.......the Hornets are going to have to get to the "big games" more often during his career otherwise, he'll always just be a "good player" never reaching the heights of a D-wade or Kobe.

The Shaq-Kobe/Kobe-Shaq argument is now ancient history. During that run they both were surrounded by exceptional talent that if were not there, neither one of them would have won a damn thing making this argument ever, ever so moot. Fortunately for Shaq he was traded to a team that had assembled all the pieces needed to win a championship. What if Shaq would have been traded to say the likes of say Sacramento? The man would still have only 3 rings opening up ridiculous arguments such as ,"who's the one who's gotten closer to a ring?". This argument is so old it's bordering on just plain old ignorance. The two needed each other and ALL thier team mates during that Laker run.

MiamiHeat
04-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Shaq went to the finals in Orlando with Penny Hardaway. They lost and Shaq bolted for Los Angeles.

However, if Shaq had stayed, they would have won a ring eventually.

Shaq reached the finals once again and won 3 in a row in LA.

Shaq reached the finals once again in Miami with Wade and won it again.

So, to conclude, one of the best players of all time, a top 3 Center ever to play basketball, was there to give Kobe Bryant 3 championships.

Shaq don't need Kobe. He proved that before and after Los Angeles. Kobe, on the other hand, hasn't done shit but fail as a #1 option.

If the Lakers reach the Finals again this year due to a stacked team, I fully expect LeBron and the Cavs to spank their ass.

DAF86
04-26-2009, 04:16 PM
To end this Kobe Shaq discussion, I'm going to say that the Lakers would have still won all those championships with another star playing shooting guard, they wouldn't with another star playing center.

DrHouse
04-26-2009, 04:31 PM
These arguments are so stupid. Of course the Lakers could have won rings if you swapped Kobe out with MJ in his prime, LBJ, or Wade. But they also could have won rings if you swapped out Shaq with Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem, or Duncan.

The bottom line is Kobe has won 3 rings. He played a key role in getting each and every one of those rings. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO TELL A SPUR FAN THIS, do you not remember the clutch shots Kobe hit against your team time and time again?

DAF86
04-26-2009, 04:40 PM
These arguments are so stupid. Of course the Lakers could have won rings if you swapped Kobe out with MJ in his prime, LBJ, or Wade. But they also could have won rings if you swapped out Shaq with Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem, or Duncan.

The bottom line is Kobe has won 3 rings. He played a key role in getting each and every one of those rings. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO TELL A SPUR FAN THIS, do you not remember the clutch shots Kobe hit against your team time and time again?

I'm talking about players from the Lakers three peat era.

DrHouse
04-26-2009, 05:00 PM
There simply was no other shooting guard in the league you could have swapped Kobe with in 2000, 2001, and 2002 that would have propelled LAL to 3 straight championships.

Lebron was still in highschool and Wade was in college.

DAF86
04-26-2009, 05:08 PM
There simply was no other shooting guard in the league you could have swapped Kobe with in 2000, 2001, and 2002 that would have propelled LAL to 3 straight championships.

Lebron was still in highschool and Wade was in college.

Magic's McGrady, Raptors' Carter, Sixer's Iverson, Celtic's Pierce and I'm surely forgetting somebody else.

I'm not saying these players were as good as Kobe but they'd have still helped Shaq and the rest of that Lakers squad win championships.

Bukefal
04-26-2009, 05:14 PM
the best? i dont want to say that, but certainly one of the best ever. definietly better than kobe

kace
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM

:lol :rollin

it's the new fashion in the NBA. Every star is said a great defender even if it's false.

LBJ: best defensive player of the NBA :downspin:

Wade: best of both worlds :wow

read this, you could learn something:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-39-127/Is-Dwyane-Wade-an-Elite-Defender-.html

DAF86
04-26-2009, 06:02 PM
If Duncan was swapped with Shaq during the beginning of 2000, the Spurs would only have 1 ring, and the Lakers would have 6 for the decade. Duncan is a much better player than Shaq, and Kobe could have had a big man that he could count on during the clutch.

Duncan is the only player you could make a case for, but I still think Shaq was too dominat during that time.

YellowFever
04-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I've said this countless times on this board and I'll say it again and again.

The Pacers, Sixers and Nets the Lakers faced in the finals were all scrubs.

Shaq dominated those.

The real championships were alway in the WCF when we faces Sacramento and San Antonio.

Kobe was always the real factor in those.

Case closed.

sook
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
If Duncan was swapped with Shaq during the beginning of 2000, the Spurs would only have 1 ring, and the Lakers would have 6 for the decade. Duncan is a much better player than Shaq, and Kobe could have had a big man that he could count on during the clutch.

Also, Carter could not have won a title with Shaq.:nope

Tmac cant even get out of the first round with the second best big man in the league in Yao. And we see what Iverson can do to a team.

to be fair it wasn't really tmacs fault but i agree with you. I think most of you guys are wasting your tiem wondering who would win if you swapped so and so. To be honest, it all comes down to complementing each other. Mac/Yao didn't, artest isn't better than mcgrady but he at least complements the 7 foot oaf. Kobe/Shaq is probably top 3 greatest duo of all time

MiamiHeat
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
during the Lakers 3peat, Kobe wasn't even a top 10 player

McGrady was seen as a better player

YellowFever
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM

Ok..this thread has reached a new low.

BUMP
04-26-2009, 07:14 PM

http://raoworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/double-facepalm.jpg

sook
04-26-2009, 07:18 PM
the only season mcgrady was considered the best player in the league was 02-03. Apart from that Kobe was always better imo.

lefty
06-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Bump :lol

SourCandy
06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
He is certainly pleading his case tonight.

lefty
06-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Jinx bump

The mother of all jinxes

Sorry Ace

I had to do something

lefty
06-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Again, sorry Ave