PDA

View Full Version : Things we did wrong to cost Gm 4 (other then Popped)

Fabbs
04-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Aside from Poppeds continued idiotic rotations and last 2:30 ordering nothing but treys, what were key play(s) that of our own volition cost us? Please do not put PopApologist or Pop Realist comments up, we're discussing that at length on other threads.

To me, here were some very key costly plays:

87-84 Tim just hit two fts and for the love of goodness we're right back in it only down 3. We have completely seized momentum. We play good D for 20 seconds only to give up yet another trey by that ugly assed Kidd. I don't know who (if anyone) screwed up on the D rotations but it ended up with only Tim making a way too late run at Kidd. 90-84 :depressed

90-86 Tim gets a pass on the wing 'bout 14 feet out and its just Dork between he and the rim. Dork has position, nonetheless Tim does not set up for a banker or otherwise but instead trys to ram thru him and draw the foul. Dork is outside the small arc and appears set so it looks like the charge call is correct. Unforced error big time.

92-87 Tony misses both fts.

93-90 After GHills excellent trey bomb (notice that Numb Nutts Pop?), we're only down 3. Sure looks like Tim got all ball in blocking Howard. So much so even Regina Miller says "Duncan thought he got all ball" -which is as big an admission as we will ever get from Spurs Hater Regina. Replays were too close in to show the bodies. Did Tim body him or did we get Mav raped yet again in a key playoff spot? Got rewind? Howard sinks both "gifts" and its back to -5. :depressed

You guys got other ones?

From here on out key the Popped ordered trey bombs. Aside from the trey bombs, Bonners O rebound then getting the ball stolen was another unforced error. Oh and his offensive blocking foul after the "handoff". Aggie Hoops summarized Bonners last two minutes nicely on another thread.

DAF86
04-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Not getting the role player involved, I don't care how much they suck, no team will ever win anything with just two players taking 90% of the shots. If we get blown out by playing the right way then so be it, but I think is more than proved that we can't win with only two players carrying all the load. That's not Spurs basketball.

kace
04-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Not getting the role player involved, I don't care how much they suck, no team will ever win anything with just two players taking 90% of the shots. If we get blown out by playing the right way then so be it, but I think is more than proved that we can't win with only two players carrying all the load. That's not Spurs basketball.

the same role players that went 2-21 tonight ? (bonner, fin, udoka, mason, gooden, KT)

DAF86
04-25-2009, 08:34 PM
the same role players that went 2-21 tonight ?

Yep the same 10 players that took 23 less shots than the other two.

td_tp_manu
04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
tp fires a ill-advised quick 3 after a simple pick-and-roll

Flux451
04-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Yep the same 10 players that took 23 less shots than the other two.

Would 4-42 change your mind?

DAF86
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Would 4-42 change your mind?

Usually the more you shot the more in rythm you get.

kace
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Usually the more you shot the more in rythm you get.

i would usually agree with you. but tonight, the role players were just awful. it seemed they could play all night long without hitting a shot. and tony and tim combined shot at 60 %.

but usually, you're right, 2 isn't enough in order to win.

Fabbs
04-25-2009, 09:45 PM
tp fires a ill-advised quick 3 after a simple pick-and-roll
Good one. That was a bad one. Right after Howard was awarded the bogus?? fts on the Duncan block.
95-90 with 2:00 left, no need at all to rush a three.

ElNono
04-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Spurs know they cant win it all so they are not giving it thier all. Thats it.

This statement is a slap in the face of both Duncan and Parker, that, except for Game 3, are leaving it all on the court out there.
If rationalizing our loses like that make you sleep better at night, then go ahead. But I don't think that's true at all.