Role players have to play better.Right.

But take a look to the stats

49 rebounds MAvs
35 rebounds Spurs

33/39 FT Mavs
22-34 FT Spurs

Spurs FG% 44.3
Mavs FG % 38.4

We can't win a game if only TD can grab a rebound.
All the year we saw we need help in the frontcourt.
It's not a surprise right now.
Gooden and Thomas have to play instead of Bonner even if they cant make a fucking shot

VaSpursFan
04-25-2009, 10:04 PM
rebounding and getting key stops have been a problem all year. our defense is in shambles

ducks
04-25-2009, 10:05 PM
yeah duncan sucked along with the other bigs
tp had 5
duncan 6

Hemotivo
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
ft are always important, especially for the spurs right now

SouthTexasRancher
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
rebounding and getting key stops have been a problem all year. our defense is in shambles

This is about the worst defensive team in the Pop & Tim era. Every team in the league would lick their chops when they faced the Spurs. They knew they could get a quick 50 points out of the backdoor play. And they would get all giddy knowing they could pop jumpers on us all game long. It is re-tool time!

duncan228
04-25-2009, 10:10 PM
yeah duncan sucked along with the other bigs
tp had 5
duncan 6

Duncan had 10 boards, where is everyone getting 6?

ElNono
04-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Rebounding is not just skill, but also all about hustle. Plus going small there when you're already getting murdered on the boards doesn't normally help improve your rebounding...

Rogue
04-25-2009, 10:23 PM
You have to just drop the FT dissapointment. Pops always said he doesn't give a shit about FT% and never works on it. He leaves it up to the players to practice that.

So, move on to rebounding of which I'am behind. You win the boards contest you can control the game tempo more, 2nd chance points, and help the transition offense in scoring easier buckets. I'am all for more rebounds, that's why I wanted Marcus Camby here when we had a chance. That and his ability to block and clog up the lane since Duncans one on one D isn't good and is A LOT better when someone like Camby can help him. Another reason why I'am such a hater of Bonner starting or even wearing a Spurs jersey.
exactly, I totally agree with you. Spurs would have won this game if Duncan had got more points at the line. We can't complain about manipulation or any other thing alike this time, because we also got considerable shots at the line, which were almost the same amount as the Mavs had got.

Spurs cement-like defense has already vanished. on the other end, our players shoot bad as if their hands were shackled by manacles. Although Tony Longoria tried his best to grope oppotunities in offense, the spurs still can't stop straggling.

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Also:

-Bonner didn't take open, in-rhythm 3-pointers

-There were some SERIOUSLY bogus foul calls at the end of the game that stifled our momentum.

Sean Cagney
04-25-2009, 10:54 PM
exactly, I totally agree with you. Spurs would have won this game if Duncan had got more points at the line. We can't complain about manipulation or any other thing alike this time, because we also got considerable shots at the line, which were almost the same amount as the Mavs had got.

Spurs cement-like defense has already vanished. on the other end, our players shoot bad as if their hands were shackled by manacles. Although Tony Longoria tried his best to grope oppotunities in offense, the spurs still can't stop straggling.

Spurs would have won the game if anyone did a damn OUTSIDE of Tim or Tony, period. Tim missed FT's yeah, but he had 25 and the rest outside of Tony? SHYT? The bench is horrible here, period. FT's missed are a given here :rollin, it's something to expect year after year. Boards have been a problem all year outside of Tim and D as well, thats been in shambles late in the year and will not get any better without fresh legs in here.

Rogue
04-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Thats what happens we you play a 6-8 soft center, a soft sf, a soft sg, and a small pg. Spurs need to get back to spur basketball, get bigger, get more athletic on the wing and we will win a ring.
The exasperation isn't about our sterile center, or the feminine of any other player. it's already well publicized that our team is twisted with softness and crisp characteristic, but I think the Mavs have more affliction in those areas. Our players just didn't play smart game as they used to do, which pricked me strongly.

Sean Cagney
04-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Thats what happens we you play a 6-8 soft center, a soft sf, a soft sg, and a small pg. Spurs need to get back to spur basketball, get bigger, get more athletic on the wing and we will win a ring.
We have said this for a few years now though, we knew this since 06. Luckily our team came together and was healthy in 07 to WIN another title, otherwise this would be 3 years in a row or so the Spurs did nothing to get better.

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 10:58 PM
IMO, as Bowen gets longER in the tooth Hill will be starting in the backcourt along with Tony, probably with Mase at the 3 I guess.

In this particular game, I expected Tim to abuse Hollins more, but it didn't happen. I know the kid has length but he's a lightweight....relatively speaking.