PDA

View Full Version : Can the get younger now?

cwhitti
04-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Please, for real this time? It is obvious that this older team is fading into the sunset which happens to all good team. Dallas is not that good. Time to get someone who can actually dribble and drive the ball to the basket.

dallaskd
04-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Time to get someone who can actually dribble and drive the ball to the basket.

You already have Parker and Manu doing that at will.

45 bank shot
04-25-2009, 10:00 PM
You already have Parker and Manu doing that at will.

oh well, i'd rather say only TP for now.

VaSpursFan
04-25-2009, 10:02 PM
we definitely need to get more athletic...we have enough jumpshooters, gotta get some slashers

cwhitti
04-25-2009, 10:02 PM
So we only have two players on a roster of 12 that can go to the hole. Not good enough. Get someone who can go to the hole, draw a foul and get easy points. More importantly can draw a foul and calm things down.

Spursone
04-25-2009, 10:06 PM
I heard the Spurs are getting a special wheelchair for Dikembe Mutombo on a historic deal they will sign this summer.

cwhitti
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Bryan Russell is coming out of retirment

spurtech09
04-25-2009, 10:12 PM
well the series ain't over...but if the spurs want to get better they need some athletic big men that can score and defend....also a shooter that can drive to the hoop with good ball handling skills...I really wish splitter could come play for the spurs next season...

peskypesky
04-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Pop just said in a press conference that he thinks we're losing because we not scoring as many points as the other team.

ElNono
04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
So we only have two players on a roster of 12 that can go to the hole. Not good enough. Get someone who can go to the hole, draw a foul and get easy points. More importantly can draw a foul and calm things down.

Let's get 5 of those and win our fifth championship!
It's easier said than done...

cwhitti
04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Let's get 5 of those and win our fifth championship!
It's easier said than done...

It is so easy to say easier said than done. Here are a couple of ideas.

Stop drafting players from overseas that you have no intention of playing for you.

Stop holding on to players who are past their prime.

Spurs_down_3to1
04-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Please, for real this time? It is obvious that this older team is fading into the sunset which happens to all good team. Dallas is not that good. Time to get someone who can actually dribble and drive the ball to the basket.

If you want to get younger you might want to fire that santa clause guy with the beard on your sideline.

lefty
04-25-2009, 10:27 PM
If you want to get younger you might want to fire that santa clause guy with the beard on your sideline.
:depressed

Spurs_down_3to1
04-25-2009, 10:28 PM
:depressed

Pop is old and busted up. The santa clause look is gay.

cwhitti
04-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Why do mavs fans come into a spurs forum? I never want to go into a mavs forum, ever

ElNono
04-25-2009, 10:34 PM
It is so easy to say easier said than done. Here are a couple of ideas.

Stop drafting players from overseas that you have no intention of playing for you.

Stop holding on to players who are past their prime.

They did stop drafting overseas players. We drafted George Hill.
And we did try to get some players that are younger and with more impact (Magette).

The reality is that getting too young doesn't really make you any better right now. Which was the last team that won a championship with multiple rookies/sophomores in their lineup? We're looking to win now. I agree some guys are way over the hill (Vaughn, Oberto), and we can replace them with some younger talent.

cwhitti
04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
They did stop drafting overseas players. We drafted George Hill.
And we did try to get some players that are younger and with more impact (Magette).

The reality is that getting too young doesn't really make you any better right now. Which was the last team that won a championship with multiple rookies/sophomores in their lineup? We're looking to win now. I agree some guys are way over the hill (Vaughn, Oberto), and we can replace them with some younger talent.

Keep the big 3 and bring young talent around.
The last team to win a championship with young talent was last year, the Celtics. This years finals teams has a nice mixture of young talent, cavs and lakers

ElNono
04-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Keep the big 3 and bring young talent around.
The last team to win a championship with young talent was last year, the Celtics. This years finals teams has a nice mixture of young talent, cavs and lakers

KG, Pierce, Allen, Posey and P.J. Brown young? GTFO
I agree a nice mixture is what's needed. But you can't just bring in all rookies and expect them to perform at top level the first season.

cwhitti
04-25-2009, 10:49 PM
KG, Pierce, Allen, Posey and P.J. Brown young? GTFO
I agree a nice mixture is what's needed. But you can't just bring in all rookies and expect them to perform at top level the first season.

Young players who played good minutes

Kendrick Perkins
Glen Davis
Rajon Rondo
Tony Allen
Leon Powe

That is 2 to 3 times more young players playing minutes than the spurs

ElNono
04-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Young players who played good minutes

Kendrick Perkins
Glen Davis
Rajon Rondo
Tony Allen
Leon Powe

That is 2 to 3 times more young players playing minutes than the spurs

Well, I agreed that you need a nice mixture. But to call the Celtics young is a stretch. Their 3 top players are NBA veterans. Their two top reserves were veterans also.

cwhitti
04-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, I agreed that you need a nice mixture. But to call the Celtics young is a stretch. Their 3 top players are NBA veterans. Their two top reserves were veterans also.

Keep the big three but surround them with youth, just like the celtics

Not Bowen, JV, Orberto, Thomas, Finley, etc