PDA

View Full Version : If Dallas Is Going To Take This Series....

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 10:47 PM
It's going to have to be on THEIR court. WHO'S WITH ME!!!

:flag:

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Is that a yes or a no? :wtf

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 10:54 PM
You guys know you were waiting for a thread like this.

I did like seeing Hill out there with TP. He's got to attack the rim more whenever he's on the floor to give us that additional dimension we've been lacking. The game seemed to pick up with him and Bowen on the floor to at least without totally stalling the offense which was encouraging.

If Bonner's going to play, he's got to shoot when open: miss or make; PERIOD.

NRHector
04-25-2009, 10:57 PM
You guys know you were waiting for a thread like this.

I did like seeing Hill out there with TP. He's got to attack the rim more whenever he's on the floor to give us that additional dimension we've been lacking. The game seemed to pick up with him and Bowen on the floor to at least without totally stalling the offense which was encouraging.

If Bonner's going to play, he's got to shoot when open: miss or make; PERIOD.and why does Bonner has to play? he hasn't done shit

Spursox
Of course..... Duncan and Parker are the ONLY players that can play on road... The others have small balls and get intimidated.

Our role players will have a great game at home...But if you can't win on road, you ain't worth crap in the playoffs.

pawe
..Duncan better stuff a big one on that Ryan Hollins' goofy looking ass they call a face.

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 10:59 PM
..Duncan better stuff a big one on that Ryan Hollins' goofy looking ass they call a face.

:tu

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 11:01 PM
and why does Bonner has to play? he hasn't done shit

He played Dirk decent and stuck with him long enough for help to assist him in stopping Dirk from jacking up shots and drawing fouls by dipping his shoulder and falling back. They made Dirk stand straight up.

Bonner CAN contribute, but he's GOT to shoot and take pressure off Tim and TP.

duncan228
04-25-2009, 11:03 PM

Duncan handled it in his usual way post game, he won't forget it when he hits the court.

Were you surprised on how active Hollins was on you? “Was I surprised? No, I was not surprised. He’s a young buck and he’s very athletic and was all over the place. He gave them a big boost tonight. He played well.”

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/4-25-0922.jpg

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 11:04 PM
I love Tim and his humility. That said, now that he's got a feel for the kid, he's got to DESTROY him in the post. He got rid of Dampier with relative ease, now he has to do away with Hollins in similar fashion.

TheProfessor
04-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Duncan handled it in his usual way post game, he won't forget it when he hits the court.
Class act, as usual.

And hell yeah, don't let the Mavs take this on our court, send this back to Dallas. Since we know they play so well with the pressure squarely on their shoulders.

queeniesuck
04-25-2009, 11:24 PM
That technical foul on Hollins was ridiculous. Tim Duncan was cool though. I just think the refs made a bad call on that one.

dirk4mvp
04-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Hollins is a badass.

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 11:27 PM
That technical foul on Hollins was ridiculous. Tim Duncan was cool though. I just think the refs made a bad call on that one.

Even as a Spurs fan I have to agree with that one...it's not like he was holding the ball or preventing anyone from going back to the bench when we called time.

Having said that, that foul call on Tim CLEANLY blocking Howard's shot as he crumpled to the ground and the ball went out of bounds was just as much BS as that alleged "foul" Duncan put on Howard behind the arc early in the game when Josh crumpled to the ground to get the call.

IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER BABY!!!

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Hollins is a badass.

He's a good energy guy and help defender, but badass is a bit premature.

Ditty
04-25-2009, 11:33 PM
spurs will win this series

Findog
04-25-2009, 11:35 PM

So you're saying you want this series to end in 6 games instead of 5? I'm confused...

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 11:39 PM
So you're saying you want this series to end in 6 games instead of 5? I'm confused...

I'm saying what I said: If Dallas Is Going To Take This Series It Will Have to Be on THEIR Own Court. You can look at it in whatever way pleases you Mavs fan, I still got confidence in my team....just know that.

Mavzy45
04-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Even as a Spurs fan I have to agree with that one...it's not like he was holding the ball or preventing anyone from going back to the bench when we called time.

Having said that, that foul call on Tim CLEANLY blocking Howard's shot as he crumpled to the ground and the ball went out of bounds was just as much BS as that alleged "foul" Duncan put on Howard behind the arc early in the game when Josh crumpled to the ground to get the call.

IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER BABY!!!

There were several bad calls for both teams tonight....probably balanced out overall. FT attempts were nearly even.

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 11:47 PM
There were several bad calls for both teams tonight....probably balanced out overall. FT attempts were nearly even.

Don't know about that one, epsecially as the momentum starting going in our favor. I'm not calling it a conspiracy theory or anything to that wild an extreme because the Mavs played better than the Spurs this time around in general, but they were some rather obvious calls that put the kybosh on our comeback to compound matters.

Sean Cagney
04-25-2009, 11:48 PM

Well what else is new, bad calls? THE REFS SUCK, period end of story. We all can agree there right? They get you sooner or later.

BUMP
04-25-2009, 11:50 PM
We've pretty much taken their pride, put it in a bag, and stomp on it.

what better way to top this embarassment then to win it on their homecourt. If we do i hope we dance all over the Spurs logo.

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 11:52 PM
We've pretty much taken their pride, put it in a bag, and stomp on it.

what better way to top this embarassment then to win it on their homecourt. If we do i hope we dance all over the Spurs logo.

We all know your fanbase is questioning whether the team has the heart to NOT lay an egg. :lol

Besides, you let your leads slip away with only 2-3 guys contributing to our offense and turned the ball over like crazy. NO, it's not in the bag.

BUMP
04-25-2009, 11:57 PM
You've had 2-3 guys contributing in your offense the whole series, its not gonna change all of a sudden. With all those turnovers we still won.

There is a reason the series is 3-1. The Spurs spirit has been deflated and if you think you guys are gonna win 3 in a row out of nowhere then prepare to be disappointed again.

duncan228
04-26-2009, 12:01 AM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/4-25-0922.jpg

Mavericks' Hollins not thin on attitude (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/042609dnspomavsdate.3b3d1cd.html)
By Eddie Sefco / The Dallas Morning News

The list of physically imposing big men that Ryan Hollins has muscled up to this season now includes Tim Duncan.

Who'd have thought "Thin" would beat Tim?

Hollins, the Mavericks' bounce-off-the-walls backup center who seems to be all arms and legs on the court, was a catalyst at both ends in the second half Saturday.

In 18 minutes, Hollins had eight rebounds, three blocks and a dunk, on which he got called for a technical foul for taunting Duncan.

Small price to pay. The charge he gave the team and the crowd was worth it.

"He oozes energy," coach Rick Carlisle said.

And he does it against anybody, even players who outweigh him by 50 or 100 pounds. He was called on to play Yao Ming and Shaquille O'Neal late in the season and did so with commendable results.

"We knew coming into this that the way he played Shaq, the way he played Yao in our last regular-season game, the way he played [Orlando's Dwight] Howard down there late in the year, that he was going to be a guy we have to count on for some stretches," Carlisle said. "And he's delivered for us."

Hollins carries 230 pounds on his 7-foot frame, but he also is quicker than all the centers he faces, especially Duncan, who has been fighting balky knees.

"It was a change of pace, and I don't think he was ready for my energy," Hollins said. "He was like, 'Whoa, hold up, young fellow.' So Damp beats him up and I just try to come in and bring that energy and athleticism."

Duncan was complimentary of Hollins' play ("he's very athletic and was all over the place"), but Tony Parker didn't think much of his taunting.

"Young guys," Parker said. "Taunt Tim Duncan? He's got four championships. He doesn't care."

NewJerSpur
You've had 2-3 guys contributing in your offense the whole series, its not gonna change all of a sudden. With all those turnovers we still won.

There is a reason the series is 3-1. The Spurs spirit has been deflated and if you think you guys are gonna win 3 in a row out of nowhere then prepare to be disappointed again.

Actually, this game was the 1st which was drastically paired down to only two of our guys scoring. You guys were at home and couldn't lock things down until under a minute was left even though you'd been outplaying us the entire game.

You inserted Hollins and got an edge, we countered with Hill (from an energy standpoint) and got the game to within 5.

Be cautious my friend.

Rogue

I'm with you.

BUMP
04-26-2009, 12:03 AM
And he does it against anybody, even players who outweigh him by 50 or 100 pounds. He was called on to play Yao Ming and Shaquille O'Neal late in the season and did so with commendable results.

He has been good this year (great against Yao) but he sucked major ass against Shaq though, for the record.

dirk4mvp
"Young guys," Parker said. "Taunt Tim Duncan? He's got four championships. He doesn't care."

lol even the spurs players throw out the 4 rings, faggot.

But I'd be pissed too if I dropped 43 and still lost.

peacemaker885
All the way!

BUMP
04-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Actually, this game was the 1st which was drastically paired down to only two of our guys scoring. You guys were at home and couldn't lock things down until under a minute was left even though you'd been outplaying us the entire game.

You inserted Hollins and got an edge, we countered with Hill (from an energy standpoint) and got the game to within 5.

Be cautious my friend.

We'll see.

If i had to bet, its that u take game 5 barely (i know this team to well they will be complacent), but then we close it out in game 6

NewJerSpur
04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
We'll see.

If i had to bet, its that u take game 5 barely (i know this team to well they will be complacent), but then we close it out in game 6

I'm not trying to look past the Mavs, but more capturing the spirit you claimed was stomped out of our team, which I don't think is true. If our bench shows up with the crowd behind them on our floor we should be able to send it back to Dallas....where you guys would have the challenge of closing a reborn Spurs team out.

NewJerSpur
04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm with you.

:toast