PDA

View Full Version : SEAHAWK Talk Thread

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Btw, this thread is welcome to all NFL Fans and congrats to the Colts on picking up a HELL of a Back in Donald Brown....he'll fit your good character MO to a "T".

Let's see, we got:

1) Aaron Curry
2) Max Unger

Toughts?

J.T.
04-25-2009, 10:50 PM
True or False: Fuck San Diego

NewJerSpur
04-25-2009, 11:16 PM
True or False: Fuck San Diego

Curry should be solid and help us stop the bleeding when going against a strong running team, and Unger was needed to improve the line. Solid picks.

Horry For 3!
04-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Curry is a beast, Seahawks got lucky to get him.

IronMexican
04-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Love the Unger pick.

rasho8
04-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Solid picks, now we just need to actually win some games. Or chalk next season, get 2 more good picks and then work from there.

This team has alot of room to improve. After they fucked up and lost Hutchinson, our run game and pass protection went to shit. Alexander getting clobbered the next year was no accident either. He was alwasy thinking, "Run left" with no Hutchinson it turned out to be a bad idea.

Our recieving core needs some work, Im not sold on our running backs, and Matts knee might be a problem next year as well.

Cant wait for football.

And yes, Fuck San Diego.

NewJerSpur
04-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Solid picks, now we just need to actually win some games. Or chalk next season, get 2 more good picks and then work from there.

This team has alot of room to improve. After they fucked up and lost Hutchinson, our run game and pass protection went to shit. Alexander getting clobbered the next year was no accident either. He was alwasy thinking, "Run left" with no Hutchinson it turned out to be a bad idea.

Our recieving core needs some work, Im not sold on our running backs, and Matts knee might be a problem next year as well.

Cant wait for football.

And yes, Fuck San Diego.

Well, have to see what the new regime has in place. The Hutch situation was Shady all-around from what I gathered, but his absence definitely contributed to the line's loss of continuity. Shaun had some unfortunate bouts with injuries but was still productive in the season prior to his last. But once we could generate no running game at all in 2007 his salary was dropped, along with his injury-prone frame. I Although I eventually realized it was for the betterment of the team, I hated the Julius Jones signing and still do. I hope he proves me wrong....either that or Forsett outproduces him to the point they look for another back that can contribute more to the team overall.

Hopefully the receiving core stays healthy (especially with Nate and/or Deion on their way out, potentially), but I like having Housh with John Carlson (both solid possession guys) and having a burner in Deon Butler. Hopefully the new Deon consistently gives us what we've been missing from the old one due to injury.

I'm praying for Matt.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

rasho8
04-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Well, have to see what the new regime has in place. The Hutch situation was Shady all-around from what I gathered, but his absence definitely contributed to the line's loss of continuity. Shaun had some unfortunate bouts with injuries but was still productive in the season prior to his last. But once we could generate no running game at all in 2007 his salary was dropped, along with his injury-prone frame. I Although I eventually realized it was for the betterment of the team, I hated the Julius Jones signing and still do. I hope he proves me wrong....either that or Forsett outproduces him to the point they look for another back that can contribute more to the team overall.

Hopefully the receiving core stays healthy (especially with Nate and/or Deion on their way out, potentially), but I like having Housh with John Carlson (both solid possession guys) and having a burner in Deon Butler. Hopefully the new Deon consistently gives us what we've been missing from the old one due to injury.

I'm praying for Matt.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Exactly right about the recievers. Taking Burleson for that amount of money to make him the highest paid punt returner in the league was bizarre, and i was excited as hekll about Branch, but he seems to not be able to stay on the field.

Housh is a monster that should hopefully get us alot of good yardage, but im hoping for Branch to be able to step up this year, stay healthy and run crisp routes. He had good hands before and was fast, i would like to see it with Hasslebeck throwing it to him.

Got my Jersey... got my hat... wiating for Sundays to come around again.

GO SEAHAWKS!!

stretch
04-29-2009, 10:08 AM
seahawks are homos

NewJerSpur
04-29-2009, 10:41 PM
seahawks are homos

if that's the case, then how do they reproduce? :wtf You do know what a Seahawk is don't you?

NewJerSpur
04-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Exactly right about the recievers. Taking Burleson for that amount of money to make him the highest paid punt returner in the league was bizarre, and i was excited as hekll about Branch, but he seems to not be able to stay on the field.

Housh is a monster that should hopefully get us alot of good yardage, but im hoping for Branch to be able to step up this year, stay healthy and run crisp routes. He had good hands before and was fast, i would like to see it with Hasslebeck throwing it to him.

Got my Jersey... got my hat... wiating for Sundays to come around again.

GO SEAHAWKS!!

Yeah, Burleson is vastly overpaid for his potential. Either he gives you some explosive plays (something involving a TD usually) or you don't get too much from him...it was scary even going into last season thinking of him as our only #1. He and Branch owe us this season IMO.

I hope the line keeps Matt upright.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

NewJerSpur
05-01-2009, 12:13 AM
We just re-signed LB Leroy Hill. Damn, Ruskell is getting stuff done this offseason.

Purple & Gold
05-17-2009, 02:52 PM
I am very happy with what the Seahawks did. I would have loved if we drafted Sanchez and started grooming a replacement for Hass, but picking up Denver's first was just as good. That can be addressed next year and Curry is a solid player. Seahawks will definitely have the best LB core in football. Unger was a brilliant pick.

BUMP
05-17-2009, 11:44 PM
they will win theNFC West again