PDA

View Full Version : Realistic thought on the series so far...

bless1187
04-25-2009, 11:32 PM
i always thought coming into the series that the spurs could be able to beat the mavericks in 6 games. but now at this point i'm both shocked and mad at us being down 1-3 in this series. c'mon now, this is the same team who we beat without ginobili and duncan playing during the season. i still have a glimpse of hope that we can come back and win the series but i really hope coach pop makes some adjustment which he repeatedly refuse to do due to is stubbornness.

Tony Parker: Had an amazing series so far, his number been unreal. But like Tim said in the post game interview, both him and tony needs to do a better job of getting the role player involved. Both tony and tim had about 90% of the ball in their hands in the 1st half of game 4 and only passed it to other player out of desperation, that i think it froze out the role players rhythm.

Roger Mason: Made some shots excluding game 4, but has become increasingly horrible on defense. he's not a back up point guard. But Roger Mason has probably been our third most reliable offensive contributor in this series. And i have also come to the conclusion that he can not come off the bench; since he had not have one good games off the bench for the spurs this year. he's lack of toughness also been a killing point for him.

Michael Finley: i been 100% supportive of finley since the day he signed with the spurs. i think a lot of hate he receives has been totally unfair. he is equally to mason's contribution on offense in this series, he plays hard on defense but just can't keep up with howard. i'm against benching finley, since time and time again, he has made big shots for us, and still to this day, i think he has more toughness than some of the other role player that we have out there.

Tim Duncan: not 100% healthy, but still very productive excluding game 3.

Matt Bonner: Worst of all the Spurs player. Yes he hustles, but he just can't do shit out there. He has become absolutely invisible in this series. He gets plenty of minutes, and still comes up with 0 pts effort. If he was a defensive monster, than we could probably accept the 0 pts effort, but he's not... lets just say this..."HIS OFFENSIVE EFFORT HAVE BEEN WORST THAN BEN WALLACE EVER BEEN, WHILE HE'S ALSO ONE OF THE PUSSIEST PLAYER ON DEFENSE EVEN THOUGH HE HUSTLES"

Bruce Bowen: has clearly lost a step on defense, but still our best perimeter defender. observing from when he's on the court this season, he like always have been a bit of a liability on offense, but plays good defense "but not quite as good as before"; so i do understand some aspect of pop not playing him as much. But with that said; i'm wondering why Bonner is getting any playing time since his defense is shit, while he's averaging less points than bowen in this series.

Ime Udoka: has been putting up Udoka type of play in the playoff. Hustle, Play hard, and make the 1 in 3 three point shot.

Drew Gooden: i don't agree with the plp here thats saying that gooden is equally as bad as bonner. we have to look at a few things. i think pop isn't playing gooden for him really to help us.

1.) it was really impressive how Gooden has been playing for us considering the kind of inconsistent minutes he been getting. he comes in the game about 2 minutes remaining and usually play til the 7 or 8 minutes mark in the 2nd quarter, then get subbed out for the rest of the half. he has to come in and make a immediate impact with little or no time for him to really find his rhythm both on offense or defense; and still he been producing for us in that role excluding the last 2 games. you put any player in his role, its gonna be hard for him to produce.

2.) bonner is WAY WORSE than gooden. he doesn't really have to worry about his minutes, and he gets plenty of time to find his rhythm on offense and defense. he starts off the game and play till the 4 minute mark in the 1st quarter, then come back with about 7-8 minute to go and play the rest of the half. And with this kind of minutes; there's no excuse for him to be producing that kind of number for us. game 1: 0 pts, game 3: 2 pts, and game 4: 0 pts again. If gooden would have gotten Bonner's minutes in this series, i'm pretty confident he could be averaging close to 12-15 ppg with 6-8 rpg.

so all you guys saying that gooden is equally as bad as bonner must be blind. bonner has the perfect opportunity to contribute, while gooden is put into the toughest situation, where he always want to make a contribution in that short span of time that he's in.

i do believe that gooden is going to walk, cause any competitor in his shoes will be pissed as fuck at his role on the team. for the past month, he been our most productive big man, and constantly outplaying matt bonner, but still POP doesn't increase his role, and still go back to the guy who have failed the team over and over again in Bonner.

Kurt Thomas: not really a good matchup for him against Dallas, since he's more suited to guarding the physical big mans rather than Dirk.

Coach POP: i always knew that he's not the best X & O coach out there. But he's stubbornness has cost the team big time. His refusal to make adjustment such as play hill as back up pg and playing gooden more minutes. i believe his biggest downfall in this series is refusing to replace bonner at the same time his refusal to play gooden in extended minutes. We are at desperation time, our back are against the wall; i'm really hoping that being forced to a elimination game will prompt pop to make some changes.

i still believe we could come back; but certainly not with our current rotation and way of play. C'MON POP!!!