PDA

View Full Version : I truly believe we can still win this series...

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2009, 01:18 AM
I know a thread like this might be pretty cliche' at this time, but as frustrating as today's loss was, I knew there'd be no way we'd win if Tony had 31 points at halftime and we were only up 4.

While our bench was so laughably bad, that I think the Kings bench would've fared better for us tonight, I don't think we'll have another 75 minute, 5 point performance out of them.

We will win game 5, and if it goes to a game 7, I like our chances since we'd most likely have a lot of momentum due to forcing a game 7 after being down 1-3.

Game 6 is the only issue/hump for this team.

A lot of the problems the team had tonight (mostly the offensive rebounding) can be corrected.

Our defense was solid (held Dallas to under 40% shooting) and I doubt the role players will suck that badly again (except for Udoka and especially Bonner)

That's all.

bless1187
04-26-2009, 01:19 AM
yeah, if we stop playing bonner, i don't know, it just seems that pop wants us to lose.

SA210
04-26-2009, 01:25 AM
We really miss Manu's heart in a situation like this. However I don't give up on my team.

Start Bruce again, bench Bonner, play Hill at backup point, and let's fuckin' go!

:ihit

:flag:

Sean Cagney
04-26-2009, 01:28 AM
I did not smoke alot tonight so I can't see what you see with our bench being horrible and Tim being half a time, but I hope you are right! I can hope right? I drank alot and still think it's over, but hey I am still here to root for us.

jackseven
04-26-2009, 01:31 AM
Writing is on the wall here and you aren't reading it. I don't know how much longer Tony can last. I think the Spurs can pull off game 4 at home if Dallas lets up, but I don't even think the Spurs have the physical man power to win 2 more games.

Tony was so tired by the end of this game he was about to fall down. The Mavs are sneakily deep and their talent is so much better than the Spurs. After Tony and Tim, the Spurs are staring at the abyss.

spursfan1000
04-26-2009, 01:33 AM
I don't really think Spurs have a chance anymore, ive been saying all series that the Spurs could win this series but just be real now, our chances are around 20%.

DMX7
04-26-2009, 01:41 AM
I do too but I think our chances fell from about 60% to 10%.

mexicanjunior
04-26-2009, 01:42 AM
I don't really think Spurs have a chance anymore, ive been saying all series that the Spurs could win this series but just be real now, our chances are around 20%.

It's nice to see realism finally make an appearance...

SA210
04-26-2009, 01:50 AM
We really miss Manu's heart in a situation like this. However I don't give up on my team.

Start Bruce again, bench Bonner, play Hill at backup point, and let's fuckin' go!

Avitus1
04-26-2009, 01:53 AM
I expect a miracle or two we can win but man we need some more then perfect games.

SA210
04-26-2009, 02:00 AM
I expect a miracle or two we can win but man we need some more then perfect games.

We need a way better coached game. We need more Bruce, less Bonner, more Hill.

But not only that, they need to be used the right way too. I simply can't stand this shit right here, where we have 2 superstars on this team right now, and in the late 3rd, early 4th they are BOTH on the bench at the same time!!!:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Just so frickin' idiotic and stupid! This is the playoffs, what the hell is Pop thinking? Just dumb.

rayray2k8
04-26-2009, 02:01 AM
If Bonner is benched and Thomas and Gooden get his minutes as well as
Hill getting playing time, then yes.
But seriously, I know why you say that because we've been in this postion before
so it IS possible.
But is it likely? Well, if they tie it 3-3, then we'll find out.

dav4463
04-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Joey Crawford is probably already slated to work game six if we get that far!

SA210
04-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Joey Crawford is probably already slated to work game six if we get that far!

You had to bring me down even worse

:depressed

ThaiFanofSpurs
04-26-2009, 05:23 AM
It's going to be hard but I am still a Spurs' fan. Yes, I keep my faith. But we have to play Bowen and Hill more. Might still be able to play Bonner at home but less (or not at all) in Dallas. I don't know how far we can go this year but I want at least not to lose to this team. Hopefully, Pop gives us fans some respect in our comments because there is nothing else we can do to improve our chances.
Go Spurs Go!

wijayas
04-26-2009, 08:37 AM
I know a thread like this might be pretty cliche' at this time, but as frustrating as today's loss was, I knew there'd be no way we'd win if Tony had 31 points at halftime and we were only up 4.

While our bench was so laughably bad, that I think the Kings bench would've fared better for us tonight, I don't think we'll have another 75 minute, 5 point performance out of them.

We will win game 5, and if it goes to a game 7, I like our chances since we'd most likely have a lot of momentum due to forcing a game 7 after being down 1-3.

Game 6 is the only issue/hump for this team.

A lot of the problems the team had tonight (mostly the offensive rebounding) can be corrected.

Our defense was solid (held Dallas to under 40% shooting) and I doubt the role players will suck that badly again (except for Udoka and especially Bonner)

That's all.

Amen. It is not over until it is over. Remember we were down 3-1 in 2006 too. Let's get Game 5. We may lose the series but, hell, not in our house. Not that early!

The_Worlds_finest
04-26-2009, 08:40 AM
I agree 100% Spurs will force a game 6. Game 6 will be the tricky one since the spurs are now 1-10 in thier last 11 playoff road games.

manu the best
04-26-2009, 10:21 AM
man if MANU was healthy .. its going to be a different story .. but i still believe .. pop can and will pull it off .. go SPURS go ..

Spursmania
04-26-2009, 10:30 AM
I love my Spurs and will continue to root for them until the end. But, the series will probably go 4-2. Our bench sucks and our 2 starters can't do shit (Bonner and Mason), so I do not see them turning this around. We cannnot expect Tony to have 40 game nights. We have no consistent role players. The fat lady has begun to dress.

Horse
04-26-2009, 10:39 AM
We've been here before and without the bogus foul on Manu(he did'nt touch dirk) we would've won. Anyway I don't know if we'll do it but this is the perfect team to fall apart. At this point we could lose to any decent team with our injuries. My biggest concern is after the last 2:32 yesterday I don't think Pop wants to win.

Horse
04-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Even with Tony playing out of his mind we still need to go inside out Duncan is so good at finding open 3's from the post he must be aggressive put them in foul trouble get to the line, this will free up Tony and the shooters that much more. And god please no more bonner.

Strike
04-26-2009, 10:45 AM

Preachin' to the choir. I've been saying that the whole series.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2009, 10:50 AM
The Spurs hit nearly every three point shot and manage to lose.

The Spurs win the free-throw battle despite Joey Crawford on the floor and manage to lose.

The Spurs have Parker and Duncan put up great numbers and manage to lose.

The only question at this point is how are they going to manage to shit away the next one.

No way this team wins two in a row, much less three. No way.

Strike
04-26-2009, 10:51 AM
We've been here before and without the bogus foul on Manu(he did'nt touch dirk) we would've won. Anyway I don't know if we'll do it but this is the perfect team to fall apart. At this point we could lose to any decent team with our injuries. My biggest concern is after the last 2:32 yesterday I don't think Pop wants to win.

Yeah he did. Got him on the arm. It wasn't a bogus foul, it was a stupid foul. Get over it.

I'd love to see the Spurs get past Dallas. I just don't think it's in the cards this year. The Spurs need a strong and healing offseason and need to come out hungry for 09-10.

Borosai
04-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Anything is possible until the Spurs lose four games, but man, it would require a substantial change. A miracle. And honestly, I don't think the Mavs organization would survive a choke job of this magnitude.

LakerHater
04-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah, Tony had 31 points by half but, he ran outta gas!
He's been running outta gas lately in the 4th cuz hes been doin it all, hes got no help at the back-up point!

TampaDude
04-26-2009, 11:35 AM
The Spurs will most likely win Game 5, so Game 6 is the one...if they can steal that road win in Game 6, there is NFW they lose Game 7. Don't think so? Ask the Hornets...and that Game 7 win was in New Orleans!

3 in a row, or we don't go to the show!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!! :flag:

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Well, the Spurs managed to get down 20 points in a Game 7 on their home floor a few years ago so anything is possible.

But like I said before, I believe we can win the remaining home games, it's just game 6 which could be the tough one.

Shank
04-26-2009, 12:21 PM
We've been here before and without the bogus foul on Manu(he did'nt touch dirk) we would've won.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TCdErEO7OCM/RnKYz5sfTSI/AAAAAAAAAHs/LASfGdzKRSc/s400/DirkManu.jpg

Never laid a finger on him.

Agloco
04-26-2009, 12:47 PM
http://i14.tinypic.com/2zfsbqt.jpg

spurtech09
04-26-2009, 01:43 PM
I still believe....they other players need to get there confidence

tmtcsc
04-26-2009, 03:56 PM
The Spurs can do this. If Mason shows up, we win the series.

tmtcsc
04-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Well, the Spurs managed to get down 20 points in a Game 7 on their home floor a few years ago so anything is possible.

But like I said before, I believe we can win the remaining home games, it's just game 6 which could be the tough one.

The Mavs will choke in Game 6. Hell, they want to choke, its in their character.

NewJerSpur
04-26-2009, 04:03 PM
The Spurs can do this. If Mason shows up, we win the series.

If we make shots and defend, we win this series.

Bukefal
04-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Its going to be very very hard, but i do too still believe they can win the series. And i pray for it! Go Spurs!! Please give us our victory.

TampaDude
04-26-2009, 05:44 PM
If the Caps can come back from down 3-1 to force a Game 7, so can the Spurs! :toast

Galileo
04-26-2009, 06:13 PM

The Spurs can come back.

First of all, they have two out of three at home, and second, they are a better team.

Historically, in the NBA, there have been 6 teams that had home court advantage in round 1, and went down 3-1.

2 of the 6 came back to win the series.

http://www.whowins.com/tables/up31.html