PDA

View Full Version : Start Hill/ Bowen thread

MaNu4Tres
04-26-2009, 04:51 AM
Parker on Kidd
Hill on Barea/ Terry
Bowen on Josh Howard

I'd consider starting any big we have over Bonner as well.

spursfan1000
04-26-2009, 04:53 AM
yeah thats a pretty good idea but then Mason wont do as good as backup point.

MaNu4Tres
04-26-2009, 04:55 AM
yeah thats a pretty good idea but then Mason wont do as good as backup point.

Mason has been terrible at the shooting guard and point guard. Spurs need to find a way to slow Josh Howard and Barea in the opening quarter.

You can take Hill out at the 4 minute mark for Finley or Mason then Bring Hill back in at the 1 minute mark to give Parker a 2 minute breather.

spursfan1000
04-26-2009, 05:08 AM
Mason has been terrible at the shooting guard and point guard. Spurs need to find a way to slow Josh Howard and Barea in the opening quarter.

You can take Hill out at the 4 minute mark for Finley or Mason then Bring Hill back in at the 1 minute mark to give Parker a 2 minute breather.
I don't think that pop will be giving him that many minutes (Hill)

kace
04-26-2009, 05:27 AM
that seems good. but then you could realize that in this game the spurs didn't need more defense (38 % FG for the mavs).

but we shouldn't have a 45 % FG with tony and tim taking 60 % of the shot and making 60 % of them: Role players sucked on offense.

and REBOUNDING killed us.

as much as i like the idea of bringing Bowen and Hill, i don't think the logical answer to these two spurs problems should be them.

anyway, Bruce rebounded well in G4 and george is a good rebounder for his height. Add that they're good defenders and can't make worse on offense than others role players are doing and we might see more bowen and hill in G5.

romain.star
04-26-2009, 05:50 AM
that seems good. but then you could realize that in this game the spurs didn't need more defense (38 % FG for the mavs).

but we shouldn't have a 45 % FG with tony and tim taking 60 % of the shot and making 60 % of them: Role players sucked on offense.

and REBOUNDING killed us.

as much as i like the idea of bringing Bowen and Hill, i don't think the logical answer to these two spurs problems should be them.

anyway, Bruce rebounded well in G4 and george is a good rebounder for his height. Add that they're good defenders and can't make worse on offense than others role players are doing and we might see more bowen and hill in G5.

more than a good Spurs defense, these 38% FG for the mavs were due to bad shooting execution

kace
04-26-2009, 06:13 AM
more than a good Spurs defense, these 38% FG for the mavs were due to bad shooting execution

that's true. The mavs missed a lot of open shot/layup.

but the fact is that were shooting at 38 % and they still manage to win. so they must be another reason why: REBOUNDING is a huge one.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2009, 06:28 AM
If rebounding was a problem, then Bowen and Hill seem like a sensible solution.

timvp
04-26-2009, 06:39 AM
I might have to YouTube some of the plays where the Mavs literally just didn't guard Udoka. Even Jacque Vaughn usually requires someone knowing where he is on the court. The Mavs were defending Udoka like he was a wayward fan who found his way onto the court.

So yeah, more Bowen and more Hill. I don't really care about starting but if both of those players aren't in the rotation, Pop needs a blood-alcohol test at the end of the night.

kace
04-26-2009, 06:42 AM
I might have to YouTube some of the plays where the Mavs literally just didn't guard Udoka. Even Jacque Vaughn usually requires someone knowing where he is on the court. The Mavs were defending Udoka like he was a wayward fan who found his way onto the court.

So yeah, more Bowen and more Hill. I don't really care about starting but if both of those players aren't in the rotation, Pop needs a blood-alcohol test at the end of the night.

what about more Oberto ? That could sound crazy, but he's poised, not afraid at all, tough and has heart (no bad pun intended). The main problem is his lack of athleticism, which is already an obvious spurs weakness against the Mavs.

i know i like him next to a dominant Tim. Since Tim is not, maybe Oberto lack of athleticism hurts him though.

timvp
04-26-2009, 06:45 AM
what about more Oberto ? That could sound crazy, but he's poised, not afraid at all, tough and has heart (no bad pun intended). The main problem is his lack of athleticism, which is already an obvious spurs weakness against the Mavs.

i know i like him next to a dominant Tim. Since Tim is not, maybe Oberto lack of athleticism hurts him though.

The thing I worry about Oberto is his rebounding. He lost his job (and probably ended his Spurs career) because he couldn't do anything on the defensive boards. That doesn't sound like a good mix to the Spurs' current issues.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Check the rebounding numbers; Oberto could hardly be worse, and at least he manages to get shots close to the basket.

spurspokesman
04-26-2009, 07:02 AM

Yeah get those out tim. I thought I was the only one that noticed dallas daring him to shoot

Spurs Brazil
04-26-2009, 08:48 AM
This is the right move but I doubt Pop will bench Finley

kace
04-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Check the rebounding numbers; Oberto could hardly be worse, and at least he manages to get shots close to the basket.

that's what i meant. and he could be useful with good screens and some easy points.

sounds weird to ask for Oberto in this matchup, but at least we know he won't be shy or afraid.

as i said in the game blog, why not some minutes with an old school spurs team: TP-Hill-Bowen-Tim-Oberto. let's make it an ugly defensive game.

of course with this line up, tim and tony better be hot on offense, but for some strecht, i would like to see that rather than finley, mason or bonner getting fuckin' destroyed when we need badly a stop.

Borosai
04-26-2009, 10:58 AM
As long as Finley and Mason aren't playing at the same time, I'm fine with anything (almost).

RodNIc91
04-26-2009, 12:22 PM
That was exactly what I was thinking. A lineup consisting of:

Tony
George
Bruce
Tim
Kurt

Why space the floor for timmy with bonner when the mavs arent really guarding that closely on bonner, or doubling timmy? Plus with that lineup we have a decent offense, airtight defence, and rebounding. Oh if only Pop would do this. I'm tired of Josh Howard cleaning the floor with finley. We shoulnd't lose a game in which our defense was that tight. Now I remember why I hate those Mavs.

Muser
04-26-2009, 12:58 PM
The thing I worry about Oberto is his rebounding. He lost his job (and probably ended his Spurs career) because he couldn't do anything on the defensive boards. That doesn't sound like a good mix to the Spurs' current issues.

Oberto rebounding > Bonner Rebounding.

SA210
04-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Read my sig

td4mvp21
04-26-2009, 02:27 PM
:tu

Very good idea. We will just have to see if Pop does it.

SA210
04-26-2009, 02:29 PM
:tu

Very good idea. We will just have to see if Pop does it.

What are the chances of Pop doing something sensible?

:pctoss

td4mvp21
04-26-2009, 02:30 PM
He did start Bowen last game and has given Bowen significant minutes this series, something that he didn't do all season. So maybe. And he did leave Hill in for almost hte entire fourth quarter. Maybe he isn't as stupid as we thought.

baseline bum
04-26-2009, 02:33 PM
With game 5 being a must-win, look for Finley to play 44 minutes.

HarlemHeat37
04-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I would take Obero over Bonner all day, but it's probably too late for that..

it really makes no sense to me why Bonner keeps playing, even after his shot isn't falling..

NewJerSpur
04-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Parker on Kidd
Hill on Barea/ Terry
Bowen on Josh Howard

I'd consider starting any big we have over Bonner as well.

Defintely not opposed to this. I like seeing TP and George in the backcourt together and I actually think these guys should be in to end the game as well at this point (especially if Hill stays agressive on the offensive end), especially in this series.

I don't have a problem starting Bonner if he gives us game 2 production.

timvp
04-26-2009, 04:40 PM
With game 5 being a must-win, look for Finley to play 44 minutes.

You know it's true :depressed

Avitus1
04-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Sit Bonner, fuck that guy.