PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Dangerfield in a coma

KoriEllis
09-21-2004, 01:32 AM
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Rodney Dangerfield has been in a coma for a couple of weeks after undergoing heart surgery, but has begun to show some awareness, his wife said Monday.

The 82-year-old comedian was stable and had been breathing on his own for 24 hours, Joan Dangerfield said in a statement released by the comic's publicist, Kevin Sasaki.

Dangerfield had a heart valve replaced Aug. 25 at the University of California, Los Angeles, Medical Center.

There was no mention of a coma in a condition update from the publicist last week. Sasaki did not return calls for comment Monday.

Joan Dangerfield said in her statement, ``My husband slipped into a light coma a couple of weeks ago while recovering from his heart surgery. His overall condition, however, remains stable.''

She said Dangerfield was receiving ``extraordinary care'' from his doctors and nurses.

``After recent visits from his family and close friends, Rodney is starting to show signs of awareness and we are all hopeful that he will regain full consciousness soon,'' she said. ``Our family remains optimistic that Rodney will make a complete recovery and we are humbled by the love and support we have received during his hospitalization.''

Dangerfield, best known for the self-mocking line, ``I don't get no respect,'' recently released his autobiography, ``It's Not Easy Bein' Me: A Lifetime of No Respect but Plenty of Sex and Drugs.''

TastesLikeChicken
09-21-2004, 02:01 AM
Hang in there Rod

http://www.richmondhillhistory.org/rdangerfield.gif

sportcamper1
09-21-2004, 11:58 AM
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/the_majestic/rodney_dangerfield/majesticpre.jpg

My wife...I tell ya she is something...She says to me....I wanna go somewhere I have never been before...So I took her to the kitchen...

IcemanCometh
09-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I tell ya I can't get no consciousness.

bigzak25
09-21-2004, 12:30 PM
i respect the man. Godbless him.

Joe Chalupa
09-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Rodney rocks!

Jimcs50
09-21-2004, 02:28 PM
(This message was left blank)

Jimcs50
09-21-2004, 02:50 PM
I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap.
:spin
When I was born, the doctor said to my father, " I'm sorry, we did everything we could but he still pulled thru".
My mother had morning sickness after I was born.
:p My mother never breast fed me, she told me she only liked me as a friend.
When I played in the sandbox, the cat kept covering me up.

I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
:)

One year they asked me to be poster boy - for birth control.

I remember the time I was kidnapped and they sent back a piece of my finger to my father. He said he wanted more proof.
My uncles dying wish was to have me sit in his lap - he was in the electric chair

I stuck my head out the window and got arrested for mooning. :p
I was so depressed that I decided to jump from the tenth floor. They sent up a priest. He said " on your mark ......"

I was lost and asked a cop to help me find my parents "do you think we'll find them", "I don't know there's so many places to hide"

Last Halloween a kid tried to rip my face off. He thought it was a mask. Now it's different when I open the door the kids hand me candy.

When my old man wanted sex, my mother would show him a picture of me.
:spin

I had a lot of pimples too. One day I fell asleep in the library. I woke up and a blind man was reading my face.
:p

It's tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won't drink from my glass.

It's tough to stay married. My wife says no because she's tired then stays up and reads her book.

They say 'love thy neighbor as thy self' , what am I supposed to do jerk him off too ?

A hooker once told me she had a headache.

After making love to this girl she started crying, I said "Are you going to hate yourself in the morning", "No I hate myself now"

FAT. My wife is so fat that when she lays on the beach the people feel sorry for her and try to roll her back into the water. :rollin

She was so fat that when she got on the scale a card came out saying one at a time.

My wife's got a face like a saint - a Saint Bernard.
There's only one thing wrong with my wife's face - it shows.
My wife wants sex in the back of the car and she wants me to drive.
I went to look for a used car and found my wife's dress in the back seat.

I get up and a button falls off, I pick up my briefcase and the handle falls off I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.
"Doc, every morning I look in the mirror and feel like barfing, what's wrong", he said "I don't know but your eyesight is perfect.

I told him I think my wife has V.D. he gave himself a shot of penicillin

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy. I told him I want a second opinion. He said okay you're ugly too.

I was so ugly my mother used to feed me with a sling shot.
When I was born the doctor slapped my mother.
:p
My wife has to be the worst cook. Her specialty is indigestion.

My wife has to be the worst cook. I've got the only dog who begs for alka-seltzer.

Why her cooking is so bad that the flies pitched in to fix the screen door. I leave dental floss in the kitchen and watch the roaches hang themselves.

I have a son in college. He's majoring in Fucking up.

For Christmas one year I bought my son a BB gun. He bought me a t-shirt with a bulls eye on the back.

Shelly
09-21-2004, 03:01 PM
The BEST movie EVER!

http://shopping.yahoo.com/video/images/muze/dvd/sm/02/157302.jpg

Blood Dong
09-21-2004, 03:01 PM
"Hey wang it's a parking lot, what's wiht the pictures"

Such and underrated comedian

TacoBeer
09-21-2004, 03:10 PM
I hope he makes a full recovery.:cry

T Park Num 9
09-21-2004, 04:53 PM
one of the funniest guys EVER.

I saw a man running naked in the street, I said "Why" He said, "Cause you came HOME!!!" :lol

Alamo Spurs Fan
09-22-2004, 01:11 PM
"The other night my wife told me to take out the garbage. I told her 'You cooked it, YOU take it out!'"

"And then she said 'Eat your food, there are people starving in China'. I told her 'Make love to me, there are guys who are horny in Canada!'"

"My daughter, she's no good either. She flunked her driver's test...she couldn't get used to the front seat! It took SIX lessons just to get her to sit UP in the car!"

"My daughter's like Federal Express. When she goes to a guy's apartment, she absolutely positively HAS to be there overnight."

"I told my son, one day you'll have kids of your own. He said 'So will you!'"

"I told him he's young...he doesn't have it upstairs. He told me I'm old...I don't have it DOWNstairs!"

"He told me he wanted a BB Gun for Christmas. I got him a BB Gun...he got me a sweater with a bullseye on the back!"

"The other day, I got in a cab and told the driver to take me somewhere I could get some ACTION! He took me to MY house!"

"So I'm trying to quit smoking...my wife and I made a deal: we only smoke after sex. I've had the same pack now since 1975. What bothers me is my wife...she's up to three packs a DAY!"

T Park Num 9
09-22-2004, 03:08 PM
So I'm trying to quit smoking...my wife and I made a deal: we only smoke after sex. I've had the same pack now since 1975. What bothers me is my wife...she's up to three packs a DAY

Rodney is classic.

BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!:rollin