PDA

View Full Version : The truth about sheed and A few others

spurspokesman
04-26-2009, 06:12 AM
After reading several get sheed post and A couple of others I just wanted to share my thoughts. First off I pity the person who entertains the thought that he is washed up. He hasn't played as much basketball as tim (olympics all stars etc)takes good care of himself and for the most part keeps away from the injured list. This guy is clearly unmotivated(definetely after billups left)and plays his best when he knows he has A chance to win(aka prize player)and clearly knows after the loss of billups and the ai debacle that d town has no legit chance at contending for a ring. This would change if you line him up with those 3 guys we call the big 3 and sheed is probably salivating at the idea and would be well served playing here. Put your money where your mouth is he brings his A game and his behavior improves with tim around.(Sheed would probably take advice from A person that has 3 more rings than him and is A proven leader.If this doesn't pan out gooden becomes A priority in my opinion. This guy busts ass in the post.And we haven't seen A player of his ability since d rob. His d can be worked on. Offense is harder to teach than d and besides his d woes he outplays our entire frontline outside tim. And lastly big roger is still the man. Pop put him in A compromised position.people say he was good the first half and bad the second but this is when pop played him at point and handed him the rope to hang his self. Big rog is a major part of us getting hca and 3 spot with his heroics(take away the three big games he won for us and where on the road for the po s.that was when he was playing his game and not pops game.he stays in my book.he earned his paycheck this season.Sad to see people diss him after he played very well and is only playing shitty because of being called outside of his element. Let himtake the shots that bonner(who hasn't been able to hit the broad side of A barn from inside of it) gets and your opinion would change quick. End of story

The_Worlds_finest
04-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Ill make up for your long post with my short one, Wallace+Duncan= Rings.

(Wallace is Bonner but meaner and blacker, oh and isnt scared to take a damn shot! Wallace would be a hell of an insurance policy for Manu too.)

anonoftheinternets
04-26-2009, 08:38 AM
yes but will he stay in the game long enough? he is notorious for being ejected. But hell yeah - Wallace would look great in silver and black.

spurspokesman
04-26-2009, 01:35 PM

(Wallace is Bonner but meaner and blacker, oh and isnt scared to take a damn shot! Wallace would be a hell of an insurance policy for Manu too.)

Thanks.:lol

spurtech09
04-26-2009, 01:40 PM
wallace would be great ...

DAF86
04-26-2009, 01:45 PM

WHAT!? Outside the fact that both can make the three, they have nothing in common. Rasheed is a great defender and has a post up game.

Agloco
04-26-2009, 02:13 PM
WHAT!? Outside the fact that both can make the three, they have nothing in common. Rasheed is a great defender and has a post up game.

+1

He's also been known to grab a board or two.....
There really isn't any comparison between Sheed and Bonner.

The_Worlds_finest
04-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Im talking the role Pop was tyring to put bonner in. Wallace would be like bonner but 10 times better and to anybody taking the blacker part out of context please forgive.

Wallace would get us right back in top form....will wallace follow suit and take a pay cut to play next to the big fundamental?? Can spurs pull back gooden AND get wallace? Those two would be on a team for the ages if they swallow pride and play for brass instead of cash.

Agloco
04-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Im talking the role Pop was tyring to put bonner in. Wallace would be like bonner but 10 times better and to anybody taking the blacker part out of context please forgive.

Wallace would get us right back in top form....will wallace follow suit and take a pay cut to play next to the big fundamental?? Can spurs pull back gooden AND get wallace? Those two would be on a team for the ages if they swallow pride and play for brass instead of cash.

Don't really think Gooden fits with a good defensive scheme. I'd actually prefer Dice vs Gooden despite the age issue. As far as the front line is concerned, don't forget Mahinmi comes back next year. He's going to need some minutes as well. KT can still be there through all of that as insurance.

Frontline: Sheed, Dice, Timmy, KT and Mahinmi

Not too shabby.

If Manu gets right and Pop actually lets Mason play the position he got so much man-love for, then we have a decent shooting tandem. Add Hill to the mix and we are GTG. The only deficiency I'd see at that point is a true backup PG and SF (perhaps Dice might see some time at the 3, whoa.....). Hill would need some time to acclimate.

A lineup of Timmy, Sheed, Dice, Manu and TP coming at you in the fourth?

Excuse me, I need to use the restroom.........:wow

spursfaninla
04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Dice is a PF. He could not play the 3. Don't even think about that.

We DO need a SF, probably it is our biggest need. We don't need a high scoring sf (vince,) and we don't need a defensive monster sf (prince). At first you might disagree, but we really need someone versatile, and a scoring sf will be too expensive. A defensive sf who can't score (like what Bruce used to give us) is no longer our need, because we can't depend on Duncan/Manu like we used to...we need someone in between, a decent scorer and a good defender.

we need a "good enough"

Avitus1
04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I'd be thrilled if we got Sheed. I think Tim and Sheed would be like Yin and Yang attitude wise on the court and would be thrilling to see.

Spursmania
04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
We do need some serious upgrades. Seeing any of those of those guys in a Spur uniform would be phenomenal:wow

SenorSpur
04-27-2009, 12:39 AM
For those that are fans of Sheed and want him on the Spurs next season, you should read this.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090426/COL01/90426035/1048/SPORTS/This+Pistons+era+was+over+long+before+LeBron+finis hed+the+deal

Man In Black
04-27-2009, 02:04 AM
For those that are fans of Sheed and want him on the Spurs next season, you should read this.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090426/COL01/90426035/1048/SPORTS/This+Pistons+era+was+over+long+before+LeBron+finis hed+the+deal
All I get out of that is that once the hearts of the 04 title team in B Wallace and Billups were gone, Detroit was a shell of itself.

Rasheed in the West with Duncan would instill instant fear in opposing frontcourts. No longer will we hear,"Just pass it the guy that Bonner is covering."

Capt Bringdown
04-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Wallace quit on his team.

In the playoffs.

We've been thru that before now, haven't we?

Wallace is now mostly a timid big who likes to shoot jumpers. That sounds familiar too. Pass.

Prince had two points Sunday. Wallace had zero. Rasheed left the locker room without comment, unless you count mumbled insults against the media as comment. Personally, I tired of Wallace a long time ago. It’s one thing when your game is great but your attitude stinks. It’s another when they both stink. Maybe he’s hurt. Maybe he’s old. But he’s not worth the trouble. And he didn’t exactly inflate his free-agent price with a goose egg in the season finale.

InK
04-27-2009, 04:02 AM
If we had a chance to get him, its a complete no brainer.

mountainballer
04-27-2009, 04:34 AM
no doubts about Sheeds talents and no doubt that a player like him could be a good fit alongside Tim.
but to claim that this team just needs to add him to be back as a contender, is about as naive as anything.
if people think the Spurs can turn things around on the addition of another 35+ years old acquisition, they will weak up next year, when Spurs miss the PO for the first time in Tim's era.
if they can get Sheed for a low price.....fine do it. and then start the real work.
what Spurs need much more is a frontcourt player, who takes as much load of Tim's knees as possible. this means a big (or two of them), who works like a horse and who rebounds like a maniac. Sheed is neither of this and at his age he also won't turn into a Udonis Haslem or Jeff Foster over night.
and the other need has been mentioned. a SF, who is just better than what we have. reportedly Spurs tried to get Salmons but were rejected by the Kings. however, this would have been exactly what we need. (adding him saved the Bulls season, don't know if it would also have saved our season, but I would feel much better, if Salmons would guard Howard tomorrow night).
overall the Spurs would need to replace 7 or 8 players from the current roster, something that is almost impossible, if you only have the MLE, the BAE and some expiring contracts to work with.
they still should try, but IMHO this doesn't start by burning the MLE for Sheed.

ulosturedge
04-27-2009, 06:01 AM
Anything would be an upgrade from Bonner....

Bonner is where our defense fails inside. Mason is where our defense fails outside. Finley isn't far behind but I do give him props for overachieving at the defensive end. Anyways all that added up equals a Spurs team that no longer has a defensive presence.

We get destroyed on the glass. We really need a true big to help Tim.

spurspokesman
04-27-2009, 06:17 AM
no doubts about Sheeds talents and no doubt that a player like him could be a good fit alongside Tim.
but to claim that this team just needs to add him to be back as a contender, is about as naive as anything.
if people think the Spurs can turn things around on the addition of another 35+ years old acquisition, they will weak up next year, when Spurs miss the PO for the first time in Tim's era.
if they can get Sheed for a low price.....fine do it. and then start the real work.
what Spurs need much more is a frontcourt player, who takes as much load of Tim's knees as possible. this means a big (or two of them), who works like a horse and who rebounds like a maniac. Sheed is neither of this and at his age he also won't turn into a Udonis Haslem or Jeff Foster over night.
and the other need has been mentioned. a SF, who is just better than what we have. reportedly Spurs tried to get Salmons but were rejected by the Kings. however, this would have been exactly what we need. (adding him saved the Bulls season, don't know if it would also have saved our season, but I would feel much better, if Salmons would guard Howard tomorrow night).
overall the Spurs would need to replace 7 or 8 players from the current roster, something that is almost impossible, if you only have the MLE, the BAE and some expiring contracts to work with.
they still should try, but IMHO this doesn't start by burning the MLE for Sheed.

I agree with some points you bring up here but don't fool yourself thinking that rasheed is done. He has a good 2 to 3 seasons in him. I will emphatically repeat this UNMOTIVATED is his sickness. Put your bank account up that he shows up with his toolbox. I to wanted rj or salmons.if we can combine either of those two miraculously and A healthier tim and manu and you can dial up 5.

Capt Bringdown
04-27-2009, 07:11 AM
If he quit on Detroit, just because things weren't going to his liking, why wouldn't he do the same thing here?

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Next Years Starting 5..
Duncan, Parker, Wallace, Mason, Ginobilli

Gone but not forgotten...
Bowen and Oberto

Gone but forgotten...
Bonner and Finley

Funny how Pop loses favor with with Great role Players
1st Malik Rose
2nd Stephen Jackson
and now Bruce Bowen...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm :/

mrs.purss
04-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Scrub thread

mountainballer
04-27-2009, 09:15 AM
If he quit on Detroit, just because things weren't going to his liking, why wouldn't he do the same thing here?

see, that's the right question!

BadOne
04-27-2009, 09:19 AM
[quote=(Wallace is Bonner but meaner and blacker, oh and isnt scared to take a damn shot! Wallace would be a hell of an insurance policy for Manu too.)[/quote]
:lol:lol:lol

Well said man. Well said.

-BADONE

1Parker1
04-27-2009, 09:21 AM
The same Wallace that just scored 0 points for the Pistons in a home Game 4 yesterday that allowed the Cavs to sweep his team?

If the Spurs wanted players who gave them that, they already have a bunch on their bench. No thanks.

Wallace is highly overrated around here by Spurs fans...probably because he plays good defense on Duncan. But that's about it. He's moody, his effort level is there only when the team is doing well, and he has made plenty of mistakes in crucial games (leaving Horry wide open in Game 5 of the 05 finals anyone?) and laid plenty of eggs in playoff games.

spurspokesman
04-27-2009, 09:54 AM
All I get out of that is that once the hearts of the 04 title team in B Wallace and Billups were gone, Detroit was a shell of itself.

Rasheed in the West with Duncan would instill instant fear in opposing frontcourts. No longer will we hear,"Just pass it the guy that Bonner is covering."
Thank you